Incredible Charts Stock Market Charting Software. Home Site Map About Us Privacy Policy Advertise (pdf) Contact Us

You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Gann trading ..... astrostuff .....

Chart Forum » Trading - Systems » Gann trading ..... astrostuff .....

««  Previous  Next  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
yogiinoz
Username: yogiinoz

Post Number: 479

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, March 22, 2004 - 12:32 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-) _ :-) _ :-) _ :-) _ :-)

Hi folks,

HAPPY NEW YEAR ... to all Gannsters ... may
your trading always be profitable !~!

Gann started his trading year on the March
equinox every year, to coincide with the
seasonal spring change, in the northern
hemisphere.

Some markets trade to the seasonal rhythms
and for medium and longer term traders,
they can act as important timing markers,
on the TIME axis of our charts.

Both FGL and HDR have been sensitive to
seasonal changes, in the past .....

happy trading all

yogi

vlt200
Username: vlt200

Post Number: 32

Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 08:20 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Yogi,
ive been reading a lot on Ganns methods and am raring to make some paper trades to see how i go. Do you know where i can get properly scaled charts of australian or us stocks for free so as my angles will be meaning full? Can i somehow make these charts on IC?
thanks
vlt200

ASX Stocks 20-minute delayed

kaveman
Username: kaveman

Post Number: 51

Sunday, May 09, 2004 - 10:48 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vlt200, there are a few freebie versions of software around
try FCcharts , or Gannalyst Lite
http://www.spacejock.com/

http://www.gannalyst.com/Downloads/Gannalyst_Introduction_nf.asp

Graham

quinent
Username: quinent

Post Number: 59

Monday, May 10, 2004 - 09:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone know of any online reference material that explains the Gann theory?

Cheers,

Brendan

"Then why'd I have a fish tank Bart? Why'd I have a fish tank?" - Milhouse, The Simpsons

kaveman
Username: kaveman

Post Number: 52

Monday, May 10, 2004 - 11:36 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

just type gann into any search engine

vlt200
Username: vlt200

Post Number: 33

Monday, May 10, 2004 - 04:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks for that kaveman

vlt200

yogiinoz

Post Number: 518

Friday, May 28, 2004 - 05:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

There's been a lot of banter about the "law of vibration",
in relation to Gann's work, in recent times.

To find out more about this line of thinking, here's some
sources for light reading on the subject .....

FWIW ..... in TTTTA, Gann told us where to find a bunch of
information, about the laws of vibration, periodicity, sex
and a whole lot more.

..... he directed us to the works of Sepharial and a
quick examination of his booklist reveals a mountain of
other information, referring to these laws.

For example:

"The science of numerology, through the law of vibration"
..... John C Laurie

"Sound and Number: Law of Destiny and Design"
Mabel L Ahmad

"Thought Vibration" ..... William Walker Atkinson

"Vibration: The Law of Life" ..... W H Williams

Not forgetting Sepharial's own works, especially:

"The Kabala of Numbers I and II" and

"The Science of Foreknowledge"

-----

Many of the modern "experts" have jumped on the
Gann band-wagon, using only one aspect of
his work, as a selling point ..... such as
the law of vibration.

It can now be proven, that such laws have
their roots in the works of Pythagoras and
later texts, like the bible, Oahspe, TTTTA
and more .....

..... common to all of these is the use of
the astrological bible codes, which exist
in all versions of these texts, English
versions included.

hope this helps you some

yogi

oldwombat
Username: oldwombat

Post Number: 41

Friday, May 28, 2004 - 07:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good evening Yogiinoz,
May I take issue with one small point in your post.
I quote "It can now be proven, that such laws have their roots in the works of Pythagoras and later texts like the bible"etc . If I am understanding you correctly, you appear to be saying Pythagoras pre-dates the Bible. The first five books of the Bible (Torah) were attributed to Moses. He is reputed to have lived around 1446-1250 BCE.
The prophets were written around 1273 BCE. Pythagoras was born in 569BCE. Perhaps you mean the New Testament.
Most of the study from Sepharial (Walter Old ) and those of this era (Hermetics, Golden Dawn, Rosicrucian,whatever you want to call them) came from the study of Kabbalah which was the unwritten section of the Torah. This was all hidden Knowledge until this era.
The New Testament is NOT part of the Kabbalah
Just as an aside, Pythagoras was reputed to have said it was "evil to eat beans" and Walter Old's (Sepharial)main claim to fame was trying working out a system to win at the horse races!!
OW

spider
Username: spider

Post Number: 1640

Saturday, May 29, 2004 - 12:36 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The students of Pythagoras were forbidden to eat beans or heart, to start first into a loaf of bread or let swallows nest in their roofs. Under no circumstances were one of them to eat his own dog.

"The only time I really ever lost money was when I broke my own rules." - Jesse Livermore

"Which ever game you play, you do need to press the out button pretty quick if it has not done its deed." Scalper.

jacco
Username: jacco

Post Number: 27

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 08:47 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

Just thought I would like to add a comment about Gann by Bill McLaren. He teaches Gann and in my opinion is one of the best. He says

"More money has been made teaching Gann than has been made trading Gann principles"

He further makes the comment that unless you can trade successfully from a price and volume chart, adding the concept of time will do nothing for your trading.

Bill was a speaker at the recent exhibition on Melbourne and is worthwhile listening to if you get the opportunity.

J

ingot54
Username: ingot54

Post Number: 8

Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 10:49 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mythology or what ?

I have recently read a text from my local library, by an Australian author, stating that he had been in touch with the son of one Bill Gann. The book went on to say that the son refuted claims that his famous father made any money from his method of trading at all. In fact, he left little behind for his family.

The son works currently in the stocks and shares business.

If pressed, I will go back to my library and produce the reference for all to read.

My point here is not to diminish the work of a famous man, whose achievements I seem unlikely to match at this late stage of my earthly existence. However I would love to expose truth, because there are many newcomers to trading who can and do get sucked in by mythology and smoke and mirrors.

People search high and low for the winning edge in their trading, often driven by fear or greed or who knows what. There are simple, uncomplicated ways to make small, consistent profits, without resorting to Guru technology.

Thanks for your post, jacco. Forgive me for taking your message to promote mine, but we do agree on this :

Just thought I would like to add a comment about Gann by Bill McLaren. He teaches Gann and in my opinion is one of the best. He says

"More money has been made teaching Gann than has been made trading Gann principles"

Would love to hear more constructive comment on the myth or otherwise of Bill Gann.

Edited by Ivan

From "20 Tips for Success" : Picture exactly what you want. Make a detailed plan. Seek help from influential people. Stay in touch with new trends. Work in areas of natural talent. Most importantly, Give thanks to those who assist you.

jacco
Username: jacco

Post Number: 28

Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 11:36 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ingot,

I too have heard that comment. I try not to allow these type of comments influence me but go and learn about it for myself and then make up my mind about the system. This is very difficult to do as we have been educated by society to listen to and enjoy a bit of scuttlebutt.

When assessing Gann and his methods I also like to think about the technology available to him and what we have now. I understand he employed many people to help him with charting whereas today we have it so easy with computers. If Gann had a computer I am sure he would have decreased his costs dramatically and so would have had a much better bottom line.

I think there are a lot of good ideas in Gann's methodology eg he either invented or popularised the 50% retracement rule and it is surprising how often it works. Also he divided the range into eights and thirds and these values correspond closely to the Fibonacci percentages. So long as we follow one system or another and get to know its idiosyncracies then we are ahead of most people who are still looking of the Holy Grail.

Personally I find Bill McLaren's approach excellent as he starts with the "Foundations of Trading" and discusses topics such as
Patterns of Movement
Volume
Momentum
Wave Structure
Price Level
before he gets into the esoterics of time and astrology.

I dont think this adds much new to the discussion but sets out where I am coming from

J

(Message edited by jacco on June 01, 2004)

scarrie
Username: scarrie

Post Number: 139

Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 01:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Strange that Bill McLaren would make such a comment. He's probably made more money flogging Gann stuff than anybody.

oski
Username: oski

Post Number: 30

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Tuesday, June 01, 2004 - 02:30 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In “Trading for a living” Elders wrote;
“They claim that Gann was one of the best traders who ever lived, that he left a $50milion estate, and so on. I interviewed W.D. Gann,s son, an ananlyst for Boston bank. Hi told me that his famous father could not support his family by trading but earned his living by writing and selling instructional courses.”
When Gann died his estate was valued over $100.000.
Page 23.
Oski

Regards,
Oski

Who Dares Wins

Note: This represent my individual opinion, therefore individuals should formulate their own trading decisions or seek professional advice to minimize risk to their investment portfolios.

oldwombat
Username: oldwombat

Post Number: 43

Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 05:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, hello hello,
Here was I thinking I was the only cynic, questioning the sacred cows and self professed gurus in this place . Joy reigns supreme in my heart. Here we have some thinking, questioning, people not prepared to accept any old guff just because someone said they made a fortune from it in the dim distant past. Let's face it, even taxi drivers can make a fortune in the market, at certain times of the market cycle!! (No insult meant or implied to taxi drivers.)
.........and as far as that "amazing" list of oilers that got everyone into a lather of excitement the other day, did anyone spot the faults in it??????
I was just too p/offed to say anything. I think it was Spider who said sometimes you just want to swing a punch. I really know how that feels.
Didn't know about the swallows...interesting!
OW

yogiinoz

Post Number: 763

Wednesday, December 08, 2004 - 06:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

As always, those that do the least study and
research on a particular subject, will shout their
ignorance to the world, with the loudest opinions,
in any group.

Despite the critics and cynics ..... Gann's work has
survived being dissected and tested, for the past 90 years.

Part of its appeal to serious Gann traders,
is the simplicity of some basic principles
that still hold true, even in our modern markets.

Check the attached file for one of Gann's simplest
tools, the natural squares and how they have appeared
in our XJO and SnP500, over the past few months:

application/pdfSnP500 ... natural squares by Gann .....
naturalsnp500squares07122004.pdf (117.0 k)

enjoy the read

yogi

yogiinoz

Post Number: 933

Thursday, April 07, 2005 - 01:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-)

Hi folks,

Some of the longer time cycles,
that Gann mentioned in TTTTA are
maturing right now .....

Just a note about the solar eclipse on
08 April 2005, the Pope's funeral and
some other mundane events this week.

Solar eclipse on that date is squarely
on the longitude of the Pope's birthplace,
in Poland.

----

Charles, Prince of Wales, will postpone
his wedding by 24 hours to attend the
Pope's funeral.

-----

At our local Astrochat last night, we looked
at Sepharial's interpretation of a solar
eclipse on 19 Aries, it reads:

"In the second decanate, it denotes the
imprisonment and sadness of some king
(Charlie's marriage to Camilla ??? ... :-) ... )
and danger of death to him, the corruption
of fruit-bearing trees and of things growing
upon the earth."

.... and today, we receive news of the death
of Prince Ranier of Monaco ... two days ahead
of the eclipse in Aries' second decanate !~!

=====

Given that the Pope missed his first service
for Easter in 26 years, on our last target
date 24032005, then his subsequent death,
about a week later ..... one would think that
any event on 08 May 05 would pale into
insignificance.

However, Sepharial and Gann show us, that
on 08 May 2005, a world event could bring
the focus onto the British Monarchy
(and the leader of the Church of England).

... see Sepharial's take on the 08042005
eclipse above, then consider that the
"annular total" eclipse only lasts 42 seconds.

-----

If we project that 42 seconds, as days from
our last target date 24032005, we land on
05052005 = British elections and 3 days
before the next target date on 08052005.

-----

UK elections are to be held that weekend
of 05052005 and there has already been
concerns voiced about terrorist activities,
about that time .....

..... an attack on the British government
AND Head of the Church of England, perhaps?

-----

Alternatively, even if we project the
42 seconds as days from the eclipse,
that will take us to Friday 20052005
and Neptune (king?) on station to go
retrograde.

=====

Other eclipse-related mundane targets will
be around 07 November 2006 and 07 January 2007,
exactly 60 days (solar sextile), after our
07 November 2006 stellium.

-----

So in summary, on 08 May 2005, the death of
a Pope and a Prince, will be difficult events
to eclipse, in a mundane sense ... unless it
is of the magnitude of Hiroshima.

=====

To put a positive spin on it, let's pray for
the capture of bin Laden ..... :-)

happy days

yogi

=====

yogiinoz

Post Number: 937

Monday, April 11, 2005 - 11:21 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

Just a few observations here, as today, we get
the news of yet another earthquake, off the
west coast of Sumatra.

----

In 1882, we had a Transit of Venus and on
09 May 1883, Krakatoa spewed out the first
in a series of eruptions, that was to last
until its final catastrophic eruption, on
26-27 August 1883.

On 08 June 2004, some 122 years later, we saw
the next Transit of Venus and Ronald Reagan
died the same day.

=====

So, coming into 09 May, we will be exactly
122 years since the initial eruption of
Krakatoa in 1883, which started with many
earthquakes, just as they are experiencing
this year.

-----

Strangely, this coincides with some other forecasts,
based on some time cycles in TTTTA and the bible,
that i wrote about previously, regarding 24 March 2005
and 08 May 2005 ..... and these may be found at:

Posted 31 January 2005:

[URL=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/financialastrology/message/124]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/financialastrology/message/124[/URL]

[URL=http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewarticle.asp?id=16840]http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewarticle.asp?id=16840[/URL]

[URL=http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewarticle.asp?id=17757]http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewarticle.asp?id=17757[/URL]

-----

Given that we now have a smouldering "Son of Krakatoa"
and the recent increased seismic activity in the region,
we must surely consider this as a warning, to expect worse
to come ... around 08 May 2005 and beyond ..... ???

-----

Did you notice that ALL the countries
affected by the Boxing Day tsunami had
an internal war raging within each one?

Aceh - a long-running secessionist war,
between muslims and Christians.

Sri Lanka/India ..... Tamil Tigers
fighting for secession, with backing
from India.

Thailand ..... Buddhist/muslim war, with
many of the muslims based in northern
Malaysian states.

Somalia ..... another internal war.

Is this God using a natural disaster, as
a relief valve, to short circuit these
ongoing wars, at least for a short while ... ?

=====

Stuff to ponder ..... !~!

happy days

yogi

P.S. ...

For Gannsters, on 09 May 1927, Gann
wrote his Foreword to TTTTA ..... :-)

=====

yogiinoz

Post Number: 988

Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 02:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

Some updated XJO analysis:

Right now XJO is just under the ambush set
by the shorts, at 4096 = 50% Gann retracement
of 340 point leg down from 4266 high on March
equinox 21032005 .... time target 27052005.

For Gannsters, 4096 is also the natural square
of 64 ... so this is further confirmation, that
we are at a key level, right now.

Market will probably remain flat here, until
we get some world news, to get traders to commit
to direction .....

..... next mundane event is targetted for 310505
and our downside targets at 4003 and 3908.

Right now, price is still ahead of time, so we
can still afford to come of 90 points to 4003

-----

Of course, we should also look at the upside
as well and if the bulls spook the shorts,
then we could see a spike to the upside, to
next target, around 4110 ..... but unlikely ???

-----

Key target dates ahead, using short time cycles,
over the next few months:

31 May 2005 ...

03-07 June 2005 ... minor cycle

17-20 June 2005 ... 3 minor cycles

03 July 2005 ...

08-13 July 2005 ... 4 cycles here, looks positive.

25 July 2005 ... looks positive ...

02 August 2005 ... minor cycle

05 August 2005 ... minor cycle

09 August 2005 ... looks positive ...

19-22 August 2005 ..... looks BIG and positive

=====

Here's another astrotool, that we can sometimes
use to determine key pivot levels ..... watch the
XJO daily range and close on these days, ahead:

05 July 2005

22 and 25 July 2005 (weekend)

happy trading all

yogi

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1011

Wednesday, June 08, 2005 - 07:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

Clearly got the direction wrong here .....

After a bounce, XJO cleared the resistance at 4110 easily,
effectively debunking my previous price analysis ... grrr ... lol.

Fortunately however, that makes no difference to our
TIME analysis and target dates ..... they still remain
the same ... see previous post above.

Now, we need to go back to the drawing board to estimate
where this market will make a top ..... it seems that price
should be way ahead of time right now ..... need to do the
sums again, to double-check price action and re-evaluate.

More later .....

happy days

yogi

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1042

Friday, June 17, 2005 - 04:40 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

As the market momentum has increased
significantly, it looks like price and time
may come together, around the winter
solstice.

-----

Next week, we will see the June solstice and
that will bring up the square or 90 days from
the previous XJO high, at 4266, on 21032005 .....

..... so, 21-22062005 may see time and price
square out at 4356, being the natural square
of 66 and 2 points per day, from 13032003 low.

have a great weekend all

yogi

hilarius
Username: hilarius

Post Number: 811

Friday, June 17, 2005 - 04:48 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Yogi

Are you suggesting a change of direction on Monday morning at the opening?

If so what would be your preparation for that, given that the Aussie market is now closed?

Hilarius

I come in peace to share my thoughts and to shine my candle light on possible long term opportunities

perler59
Username: perler59

Post Number: 661

Friday, June 17, 2005 - 06:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yogi,

4356 is an interesting number because the 127% fib extension of this reaction to the move down is about 4360.

Lack of discipline ends trading careers far more efficiently than lack of knowledge.

danielc
Username: danielc

Post Number: 28

Friday, June 17, 2005 - 07:25 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

also yogi tis also 90 days from 21/3/05 hi which was part of a 90 day time sequence from the first hierlow in march 03 also the hi in march 05 went 45 days into low which also was 28% of the major range march 03 to march 05.

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1043

Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 01:15 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi hilarius,

No mention of Monday morning in my post,
but will certainly be monitoring XJO for
signs of an intraday high, especially
around 4356 ..... which will send us
short again, on the SPI ..... more likely,
Tuesday or Wednesday ... 21-22062005 ... ???

happy dayz

yogi

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1070

Monday, June 27, 2005 - 04:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

While we got the last turn correct, at the
winter solstice, XJO was about 36 points shy
of our squaring target, at 4356.

With that in mind, another brief pullback may be
in order, before launching another assault on
the rounding top that has been a feature of XJO
for some time now ..... see chart, at:

http://www.ttrader.com/mycharts/display.php?p=34947&u=yogi_in_oz&a=Starcode%20Tr aders&id=674

On 12-13072005, we will be shooting for another
opportunity for this market to square out, using
2 points/day from 13032003 lows ..... that will
have us at 4401.

Other support levels may be found at:

4187 - 4160 - 4132 (50% retrace of last upleg)

4074 - 3974(1.5 cents/day from 13032003)

-----

Another longer view is shown in the next view
and we can see what may lie ahead .....

http://www.ttrader.com/mycharts/display.php?p=34946&u=yogi_in_oz&a=Starcode%20Tr aders&id=674

... if the 4401 level is maintained as significant
resistance, then it may well roll over slowly,
until the March equinox 2006, where we will be
shooting for 4266 again the same as the March
equinox, in 2005 ..... :-)

Beyond that, it may then fall sharply, going
into our target date, at 07 November 2006.

-----

Alternatively, a significant break above 4401 would
POTENTIALLY have XJO as high as 5256, around
the June solstice, in 2006.

hope this helps

yogi

billie
Username: billie

Post Number: 6

Friday, July 15, 2005 - 09:46 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yogiinoz

Do you work with charts as in Gann hand drawn charts or do you have 'generated' charts? Do you rely a lot on astrological influences on your decisions? If you use astrological influences, do you find the Moon to have any extra influence either positive or negative on your predictions? Did Mars being close to earth or the alignment of the planets, cause any unexpected variation in your charts? How do you decide on which stocks to focus? Do you look at sectors first or do you look at each stock as a separate entity unto itself?

Have you done a personal assessment as to the success rate of your predictions?

The little I know of the astro/Gann system appears to be a very time consuming and dedicated system. I believe Gann used it for things like soya beans, grains etc, which would have certainly limited the quantity of charts needed to be maintained, perhaps I am incorrect about this.

I notice that the charts used these days ie IC have periods when the prices are actually altered to accomodate a share issue. This to me, tends to distort the price history. In your way of working, do you take in this sort of information and alter your charts accordingly?

Forgive all the questions, I am interested. If you have explained all this on prior occasions would you be kind enough to link me to your answers.

Thank you.

Regards
Billie

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1468

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 03:55 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

..... time for a mini-brag.

International Society of Business Astrologers
has just awarded the ISBA Lilly 2005 to
yours truly, for the second time ..... !~!

From their ISBA December 2005 newsletter:

"This year's ISBA Lilly is awarded to Paul yogi
Nipperess, Australia. During 2005, Paul – one of
our most industrious members - has sent us very
many hugely interesting articles aimed at both the
ISBA community and the public. Paul’s articles
have helped promote the recognition of astrology
as a serious occupation.

Thanks, Paul! And keep up the good work in 2006."

Note: In 1647, William Lilly was Britain's
Royal Astrologer and it was then, that he
wrote his "Introduction to Astrology", which
has been used as a benchmark for many
subsequent books on the cosmic science.

happy days

yogi

(Message edited by yogiinoz on December 14, 2005)

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 238

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 05:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paul, congratulations! Great recognition for the huge effort you put into helping others. Very much appreciated here on the forum also.

Regards,
Elisabeth

(Message edited by elisabeth on December 14, 2005)

kruupy
Username: kruupy

Post Number: 19

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 05:46 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Yogi,

Congratulations on the award!

What Books would you recommend to learn more about W.D Gann's trading methods?

I also look forward to reading some of the answers to billie's questions if you are able/have the time.

Once again congrats and I thankyou for all your help.

Kruupy.

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1496

Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 09:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Billie, Elizabeth and Kruupy,

Many thanks for the kind words ... they are
always much appreciated.

Obviously, have not visted this end of the
forum for a while and so missed Billie's
post ... sincere apologies for that oversight.

=====

To answer those questions and more:

"Do you work with charts as in Gann hand drawn charts
or do you have 'generated' charts?"

It would be impossible for us to use hand-drawn charts
and still monitor and analyze a considerable number of
markets, as we do on a daily basis.

Forget about hand-drawing charts, unless you have plenty
of time and enjoy the simple maths and geometry.

..... it really is not necessary, today.

For EOD charts we use Metastock, which has enough tools
on the Gann toolbar to keep most traders happy.

For intraday charts, we use Webtrade ... clear and reliable.

IC charting is good for most TA, but lacks some
key tools for many Gann traders.

-----

"Do you rely a lot on astrological influences on your
decisions?"

Firstly, let's make it clear that the planets are just
bits of rock whizzing around in space and as such, they
have NO INFLUENCE on anything or anybody on planet earth.

However, those bits of rock move in very precise time
cycles, so we can use the cosmic clock, as an accurate
timing device ..... a clock that has been ticking for
millions of years and can be change by NO MAN ... not
even G W Bush.

Pythagoras called this planetary movement, the
"Music of the Spheres" and when the planets move,
the distance between them can be measured in
degrees and the results are geometric shapes,
called aspects.

For example 90 degrees is a square, while 120 degrees
is a trine (triangle) and 180 degrees is an opposition
(a straight line)

For EOD trading, please forget about the houses
and their interpretations, at least initially.

Only the VERY SIMPLE and PROVEN concepts, associated with
the signs and planets themselves are used in financial
astrology.

-----

If you use astrological influences, do you find the Moon to
have any extra influence either positive or negative on your
predictions?

As the Moon is the fastest moving luminary, it can readily
be used to trigger events associated with aspects between
other planets.

Take THX for example, 27 January 2006, lunar movement will
trigger a conjunction between Sun and Mercury and both of
those sextile to the North Node ..... at that time, we may
see some significant negative news for THX, with the Moon
in detriment in Capricorn ..... :-)

We can also use lunar moves for longer cycles,
in intraday trading, as well.

-----

"Did Mars being close to earth or the alignment of the planets, cause any unexpected variation in your charts?"

No sir, however the angular measure (square aspect) between
Mars and Saturn and seen by everybody, with a timely
pullback in the DOW, is a typical example of the restrictive
nature of this aspect.

-----

"How do you decide on which stocks to focus? Do you look at sectors first or do you look at each stock as a separate entity unto itself?"

Sector analysis does apply on an ANNUAL basis ... like,
2006 may bring us some steep falls in energy prices, so
it may be a good time to be out of oilers, while airline
stocks may do well, in the same period.

Likewise, some hitech/biotech stocks may be big in 2006,
along with some counters relating to "institutions" such
as schools, aged care, prisons, hospitals, etc.

More about our 2006 outlook, in a later post.

-----

"Have you done a personal assessment as to the success rate of your predictions?"

Only on those, that we actually trade and must say that
the win/loss ratio has improved dramatically, since
using Gann's astrotools.

-----

"The little I know of the astro/Gann system appears to be a very time consuming and dedicated system. I believe Gann used it for things like soya beans, grains etc, which would have certainly limited the quantity of charts needed to be maintained, perhaps I am incorrect about this."

Gann actually traded in stocks, as well as commodities and
some of these stock trades he set out in great detail, in
his 1927 novel, "Tunnel thru the Air."

-----

"I notice that the charts used these days ie IC have periods when the prices are actually altered to accomodate a share issue. This to me, tends to distort the price history. In your way of working, do you take in this sort of information and alter your charts accordingly?"

Price is really a secondary and confirming consideration for
astrotraders, so price adjustments may distort the chart a
small amount in the short-term, but overall they mean very
little to us.

For example, if we have our analysis correct on the time
axis ... that is, telling us WHEN to enter and WHEN to exit,
then price is then relegated to a means of calculating
profits (and losses).

-----

As for further Gann-related details, just
google "Gann" and you will come up with a
huge mountain of Gann stuff, that will keep
you busy for a lifetime ..... :-)

Hope this helps you ..... !~!

happy days

yogi

rebyte2
Username: rebyte2

Post Number: 310

Monday, January 02, 2006 - 07:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Yogi

Congrats on your award and welcome to a new trading year.

One question that plaques me is how do you apply GANN to individual stocks, and arrive at different analysis.
Is it the different SP's of say BHP, TLS or SBM. The age of the listed company. The total shares on issue? Combination?
Or am I totally on the wrong track. There must be some sort of starting point.

regards
rebyte

Quotation:

Its not whether you are right or wrong that matters, but how much money you make when your right and how much you don't lose when your wrong.

George Soros

stoian
Username: stoian

Post Number: 233

Monday, January 02, 2006 - 09:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yogiinoz and rebyte2,

Rebyte2, your last question to Yogiinoz is very good, and i am inviting Yogiinoz to give you a short but the best answer for it.
If he can`t or he don`t want this, than i have to remember you, to told you all already about this.
Dear Yogiinoz and all Gannists, please don`t maintain=keep the CONFUSION about any dependence between the evolution of prices=quotes on any financial market, because of the evolution of the planets, or the evolution of the weather.
Correct is only this aspect=approach: THAT THE SAME STATISTICAL AND MATHEMATICAL MODELS ARE USED IN ASTROLOGY AND THE METEOROLOGY (weather FORECAST) AND ALSO WHEN ANALYSING EVOLUTIONS=PHAENOMENA HAPPEN ON FINANCIAL MARKETS (financial forecast), but it gives not ANY TRUE EXPLANATION=DEPENDENCE of one because of the other.
And that answer, only because: It can give ONLY A COINCIDENCE=ACCIDENT OF HAPPENING INDEED, BUT IS NEVER GIVING OUT=IT IS NEVER RESULTING A RULE=AN ORDER=A STATISTICAL AND MATHEMATICAL LAW TO OBEY=TO FOLLOW, TO BE DISCLOSED FROM SUCH OBSERVATIONS EVEN YOU WILL INCREASE THE NUMBER=VOLUME OF OBSERVATIONS TO INFINITE.
You will only wait (only with a very, very POOR quantity of reason) THAT THE HISTORY (What history? Is not proven, because "WITH ONLY ONE OR TWO FLOWERS WILL BE NO SPRING ALREADY") WILL REPEAT THE CHANCE=THE LUCK AGAIN. It was only a happening=only a pure accident and is NOT A CHAIN=A STRING=A SERIES OF ACCIDENTS YOU SHOULD FOLLOW.
This is the reason for, i am criticising the market authorities about the grave=serious aspect that: TODAY, FINANCIAL MARKETS ARE BECOMING CASINOS FOR GAMBLING AND NOT REAL=TRUE CAPITAL MARKETS ANYMORE.
Regards,
Doru Stoian

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1501

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 11:39 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

Rebyte2 ..... starting point for individual stocks ...

For some, will be the First Trade Date and for others
it will be the incorporation date ..... whatever works
best for you.

Just like people, the most important event to a company
is its "birthday" ..... :-)

-----

stoian ... whilst there are some similarities between
financial astrology and the mundane astrology of weather
prediction, we find that financial astrology has developed
considerably further and we find that there IS orderly
movement in every market .....

..... if that was not the case, we would not be able
to do any accurate market forecasts, at all.

happy trading

yogi

stoian

Post Number: 235

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 05:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Yogiinoz,

Quot erat demonstrandum:
1) Similarities means not the DEPENDENCE of the one to the another;
2) Similarities means the SAME model=approach.
Please, don`t understand me wrong. I don`t want to destroy your personal dreams, or the dreams of the other. I only want to help your dreams to become TRUE. Not giving you a hand of help for a better SELL of your ASTROSTUFF, like Mr. Gann seems to have done his fortune, but only to honestly win your money KEEPING THE MARKET RISK UNDER YOUR CONTROL.
Regards,
Stoian

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1502

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 10:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stoian,

With all due respect ..... :-)

..... pick ANY stock and post your analysis
for the year ahead, right here.

Then we'll post some astroanalysis on the same
stock ..... and we will see which forecast is
more accurate, over the course of a year.

Of course, it just won't happen, will it???

happy days

yogi

kruupy

Post Number: 21

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 11:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well said Yogi,

I think It would be nice to see a friendly comparison of the two techniques.

Yogi, Do you incorporate any tools such as the Square of Nine and any of the other various tools that Gann used within your analysis, or is it purely astrology?

I remember when I was taught about graphs the first thing I learnt was that "the y-axis depends on the x-axis" and with this knowledge i feel confident in thinking that time must play a greater role than people give credit.

What are your thoughts?
Thankyou,
Kruupy

stoian

Post Number: 236

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 11:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yogiinoz,

With the same respect like yours were for me....
I have made already some forecasts for the public of this forum, for example: for the STERICORP (STP) evolution (only on an increase as a MEAN IN TIME), for the FTSE 100 evolution (also only on an increase of the MEAN=TREND IN TIME, but also for INDIVIDUAL LOCAL VALUES, that will be following the MEAN=TREND), or like for the EUR-USD evolution, for the whole year 2006.
My very concrete forecast for EUR-USD is: Only as A MEAN IN TIME the evolution of EUR will increase continuously against the USD, always at least to the 1,36 level again, and maybe even till the 1,42-1,45 level, when not quite so in 2006, than not later as in 2007.
What are your forecasts saying about such evolutions like for EUR-USD, STERICORP, or FTSE 100?
I have had a proposal. It`s your turn yet.
Regards,
Doru Stoian

stoian

Post Number: 237

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:07 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Kruupy,

With the same all due respect for you, as i have for Yogiinoz.
Don`t forget from Physics: that TIME IS A HUMAN`S=MANKIND`S CONVENTION=AGREEMENT. The "physical" dimension called TIME, is an INFINITE DIMENSION. Only the GREAT ARCHITECT knows how long will LAST such a NOT HUMAN=NOT PROFANE dimension.
Commonly, or ordinary, or profane people, are measuring THE DIMENSION TIME only with from their own build instruments (based on the principle called: IMAGINATING OR DISCOVERING AND NUMBERING CYCLES OF A MOST "PERFECTLY=EXACTLY=PRECISE" OR OF A MOST INVARIABLE PERIODS, and not with the same instrument like that, build from the GREAT ARCHITECT.
Therefore phylosophers are telling us: THE HUMAN SCIENCE IS NOT THE KNOWLEDGE HERSELF, AND SCIENCE CAN ONLY APPROXIMATE=can only TEND (TO THE KNOWLEDGE (sometimes have the same - or quite not - FORM), but can never reach the knowledge (mathematicians are telling to such a behaviour ASIMPTHOTICAL, from the Greek terminology).
That is therefore I am telling you also: IF I SHOULD GUESS EVERY TIME ANY NUMBER YOU HAVE CHOSEN ONLY IN YOUR MIND, THROUGH MANY TRIALS=ATTEMPTS OF MINE AND WITHOUT ANY ORIENTATION HELP GIVEN BY YOU (like telling me "hot, very hot, cold, very cold, aso), than my positive results=trials CAN ONLY TEND - in comparison with the negative results - ASIMPTHOTICALLY TO 100% GOOD GUESS, but will never reach the 100% of my TRIALS. If you will give me a hand of help in orientation of my answers THAN THE POSITIVE RESULTS WILL IMPROVE AGAINST THE NEGATIVE RESULTS, but despite of this help, i will never reach also the 100% guess, but the asimpthotical curve=function of positive results of mine will have a better TREND=TENDENCE like for the first case, without your hand of help in orientation.
So, as an end of my today`s presentation for you, you should never forget that: THE PROBABILITY OF APPEARANCE=PRODUCING OF ANY KIND OF EVENT IS MOSTLY A MATTER OF MANIFESTATION=ACT OF WILL, WISH, DESIRE, WILL-POWER, AND VERY RARE A NINY, OR STUPID, OR RANDOMLY ACT. For a good act=event you can wait even your whole life and nothing like that can happen. Therefore TO LET THE TIME SOLVING YOUR PROBLEMS - INSTEAD OF ACTING FOR - CAN BE ONLY A STUPIDITY=NAIVITY.
Regards,
DS

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1503

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:12 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stoian,

Just as we posted, you cannot/ will not meet
the challenge .....

..... come back to us when you want to talk about
Gann trading on ASX, NSX or US stocks.

Otherwise take your mumbo-jumbo, elsewhere.

thank you

yogi

stoian

Post Number: 238

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 06:09 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yogiinoz,

You mean that I will not meet your challenge because astrology can only have an influence on what is happening in Australia, New Zeeland or America and not elsewhere?
Regards,
DS

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1505

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 11:11 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not at all stoian,

FYI ..... this is a GANN TRADING THREAD and naturally
the challenge is based on STOCKmarkets, that most people
here can track and trade ..... :-)

..... if you wish to talk about ASIMPTHOTICAL trading,
please start a new thread for such methods ... this is
not the place for it.

byeee

yogi

}

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1506

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 11:31 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kruupy,

Natural squares may be used as a simple mechanical
tool to confirm other technical analysis, at critical
support/resistance levels.

For example, the recent PSA high at 1.96 (14 squared),
confirmed our other analysis, that price and time had
squared out and the stock was due for a pullback.

-----

Square of Nine is less popular now, than it was in the
past, as it is basically a square root generator, over
which Gann placed dates, degrees, geometric aspects,
planetary moves and fixed points and more .....

..... less complex and more reliable tools have since
been developed, from Gann's earlier work.

-----

Many of Gann's mechanical methods can still be employed, just as he used them, more than 60 years ago ..... :-)

Swing trading, 50% (and other) retracements, squaring
time and price by range from highs and lows, Gann fans,
Gann lines, Gann grids ..... and the list goes on.

-----

Gann's astrostuff simply gives us further confirmation
of our regular technical analysis, using Gann's mechanical
methods.

happy trading

yogi

kruupy

Post Number: 22

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:37 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thankyou for the reply yogi,

I have been reading a lot of Books on Gann's methodology and most of it hasnt made sense as yet, except for the basic support and resistance/trendline analysis.

In particular I dont understand about the 1,5,7,10,20,30,60 year cycles etc. I figured this is one of the basic foundations of his method that I need to learn in order to continue. Would you be able to perhaps help me?

Thankyou!
Kruupy

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1507

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 01:47 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kruupy,

Gann actually wrote some of his stuff in a veiled
fashion, but if you know some basic astrology, it
all fits together very nicely ... especially, when
you consider that Venus is the ruler of both love
and money ..... lol ..... :-)

Using your own examples:

1,5,7,10,20,30,60 year cycles

1 year = 365 days/360 degrees = 1 earth orbit

5 years = Venus return to same point in the zodiac.

7 years = relates directly to Venus moves and
Pythagoras' Music of the Spheres
..... just google for more info.

8 years = another Venus return to same degree as
the 5 year return.

10 years = 2 x Venus returns

20 years = 4 x Venus returns

30 years = 6 x Venus returns

60 years = 12 x Venus returns

60 years = 5 x Jupiter returns (5 x 12 years)

A good example of a Jupiter cycle can be seen in
the SKR/NAD chart ..... 1993 high and 2005 lows.

Of course, there's lots more natural time cycles,
associated with the other planets and luminaries.

happy days

yogi

rastus
Username: rastus

Post Number: 8

Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 05:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Yogi.
As a relatively new trader, I am interested in developing my technique & especially my entry/exit points. There are several methods which I am looking at, but Gann does appeal to my somewhat alternate state of mind :-)
I could of course just follow your recommendations from the forums, but I am interested in learning more about asto-trading for myself.

Yes, any search engine does bring up a whole load of Gann packages, training courses, programs & books. To be honest this just adds to the confusion which each one being the "Only Correct Gann Technique" & such like. I noticed your own E-Book is not available in Australia (or did I read wrong?)and others are a little too expensive (always suspicious of overly expensive material).

I could go out & buy all of Gann's books & try to work it out for myself, but would prefer a book that lays it all out in relatively plain english. Maths is not an issue, but straight forward explanations would be lovely.

Can you recommend any books that are informative & practical?

I dont really want to spend a lifetime to learn a technique, (though willing to spend a reasonable period to master it) and appreciate that people like yourself have spent a lot of time on your skills, so there will be a cost, which is fine. Just looking for value for money, thats all.

Cheers
Rastus.

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1512

Monday, January 09, 2006 - 07:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rastus,

Everybody would like a shortcut to the holy grail
of trading, but if we put the learning curve into
context, it is not really unreasonable to spend
two, three or even 5 years to accumulate and test
some reliable astrotools to complement those already
in our TA toolbox.

For example, many tradesmen fancy themselves as traders,
after they have become obsolete in another chosen trade,
earlier in life.

It probably took them 3-5 years to become proficient
at their first trade ... and learning to trade is
really no different.

Truth is ... they fall into 3 main categories:-

a)Some DO have a natural ability to trade.

b)Some have the right motivation ad personal attitude
towards study and can be taught how to trade profitably.

c)Some should NOT be trading, at all ..... no matter,
whether that is what they WANT to do, this group
are just NOT suited to be sharetraders.

Any prospective trader should determine which
group they fit into, by consulting a professional
astrologer ... no kidding, it can save many people
the embarrassment of draining a bank account,
before they realize, that they should not be
in this business, at all.

-----

Of course there's a mountain of information on the web
about Gann's mechanical trading techniques, like swing
trading, Gann Fans and Gann Grids, etc ..... and for
many traders that is sufficient, as they are very simple
and straight-forward additions to any TA toolbox.

-----

However, for those interested in Gann's astrotrading
methods, his coded novel "Tunnel thru the Air" is the
most extensive reference available, written by Gann
himself.

For anybody considering studying Gann's astrotrading
methods seriously, here's a few noteworthy pre-requisites:

A PASSION to learn about better market timing.

A basic knowledge of maths and geometry.

A basic knowledge of the planets, signs, rulerships,
aspects, degrees, terms and decanates, elements and
modes ... forget about the houses and their man-made interpretations.

A willingness to study diligently, including research of
the suggested study streams below, as well as back-testing
and paper-trading for a short while, before trading in any
real market.

Study streams:

Decode "Tunnel thru the Air" by W D Gann, with particular
attention to 150+ Bible references .....

Astrology by Sepharial, Lilly, Carter, Tyl and others ...

Maths and geometry, particularly from Pythagoras' school.

"Music of the Spheres" by Pythagoras

Some basic astro-hermeneutics is also necessary:

"Greater Key of Solomon" by Liddell,NacGregor, Mathers.

"Vibration" by Mrs Dow-Balliett

"Astrology of the Old Testament" by Karl Anderson.

"Bible Astrology" by Lyman Stowe

..... and there's lots more, as we bring all the
threads altogether and knot them carefully,into
some tradable astrotools.

-----

So, if your eyes have glazed over already at what
has been written here, then don't bother going any
further down the astro-Gann path ..... :-)

-----

As for my own books, the local Aussie watchdog feels
that they should be delivered to Australian traders,
with a financial advisor's licence ..... :-)

No trading advice implied or given in the post above,
simply the expressing views of one astrotrader.

happy trading

yogi

rastus
Username: rastus

Post Number: 9

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 03:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Yogi.
Thanks for the comprehensive reply.

Have to agree with you about taking a long time to learn a trade, and agree it takes as long to learn to trade successfully. I would have put a 5-10 year time-frame to really master a trade though. There are no shortcuts.

I was really just looking for recommendations of a more structured teaching approach to Gann, rather than trying to work it out on my own. I will be buying some of the books you mentioned & thankyou for the suggestions.

All the best & happy trading
Rastus. :-)

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1529

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 10:20 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi rastus,

..... many of those books are available, in ebook
format for FREE off the web ..... just google the
name of each one separately ... :-)

happy days

yogi

sentinel
Username: sentinel

Post Number: 373

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 12:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Yogi,
You stated earlier in this thread that Metstock has ample tools available to work with the Gann principles. I personally have found it very difficult to determine with any degree of accuracy, the worth of Gann fans, lines, grids etc when using metstock. I find that they can be distorted unless the X & Y axis are spot on. Any suggestions on how to improve our accuracy for metstock users.

Maybe a tip or 2 for the forum members on how to use these tools correctly to improve their understanding and skills.

Maybe I am using the tools incorrectly. I have found it much easier to use fibonacci tools in preference to gann.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

PS: Your HDR predictions are running true to form. Keep up the good work.

cheers, sentinel

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1588

Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 11:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Sentinel,

ALL of the Gann tools in MS have similar
inputs ..... ie rise/run parameters.

If we consider those inputs and the result in a linear
fashion, then your observation about "squaring the axes"
is quite valid.

However, if we use more dynamic inputs, such as planetary
cycles, then we can forget about the cumbersome "squaring"
of the charts, albeit at the expense of a SMALL degree of
accuracy on the price axis.

Time axis does not suffer at all, as it is always CONSTANT.

So, if the TIME axis is our primary focus, we can use the
Gann tools, from critical dates .... like FIRST TRADE DATE,
or planetary ingress into a new sign, for example .....

... you may have noticed the zodiac symbols in MS,
in the "A-B-C" function ... in the early versions, anyway.

-----

Suffice to say, critical Gann tools can be scribed using
planetary movement, as a guide ... or Pythagoras' own,
"Music of the Spheres" ... all starting with Earth's orbit
around the Sun = 1:1 or the 45* life/death angle.

..... after that, the rest of the lines fall into place,
according to planetary sequence and movement ..... :-)

happy days

yogi

P.S. ..... there are many astrotrading tools, that can be
represented on the price charts by using the Gann tools or
other MS tools, like fixed cycles, as well as vertical and horizontal lines.

sentinel
Username: sentinel

Post Number: 374

Friday, February 10, 2006 - 07:41 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Yogi, I will have a go at the applying principles you have just taught. Keep coming with the commentaries.

sentinel

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1674

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 10:22 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

March equinox marks the start of the northern
spring and southern autumn, as well as the
start of a New Year for Gann traders ..... :-)

happy new year, gannsters

yogi

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1677

Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 07:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy New Year Gannsters,

Just for the record ... would like to see
XJO drop like a stone, from 5386 ..... :-)

-----

Astrostuff:

When we count off days of a previous rally
or decline, we are really measuring a TIME
cycle, which may (or may not) repeat itself,
in the marketplace .....

..... counting days also relates to other,
"Big Picture" stuff, like world events.

Sometimes, we see events fall on days, that
have a special significance to us, like today,
the March equinox and change of season.

This time last year, we saw the drama
unfold, as the Pope missed his first Easter
service in 26 years .... he died, in the next
week.

That event was harmonically tied to the
11 September 2001 attacks on USA.

Such harmonics exist over time, between
many major events and 2006 is no
different, with some major harmonics
relating to past events, in the coming
months.

Such time cycles allow us to project time
forward to key dates, where we may also
witness further significant events.

As in the example above, the two events
need not be related in any way, but the
TIMING of such events can sometimes, be
accurately forecast.

For example, from the Bali bombing in 2002,
we are approaching a period, where we will
see 3 major harmonics, relating to that
time frame:

25032006 ... 1st anniversary of Pope's death
and 3rd anniversary of Iraq invasion.

24052006 ...

08062006 ... 2nd anniversary - Venus Transit
and Reagan's death.
------

Astrologically 2006 is also a carbon copy of
1987, with an eclipse of the Sun falling on
the September 2006 equinox.

While market highs were made in August
1987, strength in the market ebbed, until
"Black Monday" - 19101987, then a 500
point drop in one day.

This year, we also have another astroevent,
a stellium, around 07112006, which is also
harmonically related to the market lows of
13032003 ... :-)

At this time, it would not be surprising to
see a major natural event, such as an
earthquake, hurricane or tsunami, around
the west coast of USA ..... though it could
just as easily be a man-made blunder ...!~!

happy days

yogi

=====

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1830

Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 04:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

It was interesting to see XJO back down from our
target high at 5386 ..... see post above.
(actual XJO intraday high = 5406)

Anyway, it's with regard to natural phenomena,
that we are posting this time, from SS forum:

"In an earlier part of this thread we discussed Gann's
application of Sepharial's geodetic equivalents and
their relationship to natural world events, that may
affect the markets.

In particular, we looked at the possibility of a volcanic
eruption in the giant caldera, located in Java and it
is now a reality, albeit much later than previously
anticipated.

Now, looking at the geodetic equivalents again, we can
see that Mt. Merapi will likely erupt 17-19 May 2006,
most likely on 19052006 ... :-)

As previously posted here, we will be also watching
24 May 2006 and 07-08 June 2006, with the June
date being most prominent.

Just as our last target date in April, came in with
another terrorist attack, so too is our June 2006 target
projected from the Bali bombings, in October 2002."

Let's see how this lot unfolds.

happy days

yogi

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1929

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 04:22 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

This article on cycles showed up in the inbox, today:

http://news.goldseek.com/UnionSecurities/1151278300.php

=====

Note:

From an astrotrading perspective, the 60-year Kondratieff
time cycle was also Gann's Master Time Cycle, but more
importantly, the 60-year cycle represents:

5 x Jupiter orbits through the zodiac.

2 x Saturn orbits through the zodiac.

1 x base unit for Chinese lunar calendar from 2496 BC.

It is the aspects between Jupiter (great expander)
and Saturn (great contractor) that often mark major
swings in the markets ..... and right now, we are
seeing a 90^ square (negative) aspect, between
Jupiter and Saturn.

Next comparable negative Jupiter/Saturn aspect, will
be the Jupiter/Saturn oppositions in mid-May and
mid-August, in 2010.

happy days

yogi

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1958

Friday, July 14, 2006 - 03:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

Would just like to add a few comments here to clarify
exactly how astrotraders use our solar system and its
relationship to the markets.

As silly as it may sound to the skeptix, many fund
managers use financial astrology for their market
timing, though most of the cannot admit it, due to
the ridicule it would bring down on them .....

..... it was NO DIFFERENT in Gann's day and that was
the reason why he coded his astrotrading methods into
his 1927 novel, Tunnel thru the Air.

But, things are now changing in the marketplace:

Henry Weingarten set up the Astrologers Fund
on 02 May 1988 and has been a most transparent
fund manager making use of planetary cycles for
trading.

He also wrote a book " Investing by the Stars ... Using
Astrology in Financial Markets" ISBN 0-07-068999-7

----

Really, financial astrology is something of a misnomer
and probably financial astronomy would be a more correct
term, as we are more concerned with the planetary cycles
and their mathematical relationships with each other,
rather than the interpretive stance of astrology.

For convenience, we have borrowed astrologers' charts
and tables, as they present us with an easy graphical
account of what is happening in the heavens above.

-----

Technically, our aim is to evaluate the time axis on our
price charts, using the oldest and most accurate clock
known to mankind ..... the cosmic clock.

Marketwise, this is the astrotrader's technical approach:

PRICE axis is always VARIABLE, but our TIME axis is
always CONSTANT and therefore easier to analyze.

If we use TIME as the median, then PRICE will most often
be moving either ahead of TIME or behind TIME, similar
to deviations from a mean, shown by the action of a
sine wave ~~~~~~~~~~ or price action in the markets.

We can see this action on the price charts, as making
rounding-bottoms and tops TA patterns and often the
price will fail at the median (or pivot) as it lifts off a
rounding-bottom (for example).

Length of such waves or cycles cn often be correlated
directly to planetary movements and/or events.

-----

Up front, planets have NO INFLUENCE on the markets,
they are just bits of rock orbiting in space, at very
predictable rates of circular movement, that can be
used for timing of many events, even the markets.

Observations and RECORDING of events on earth,
when each planetary event occurs in the heavens
have been progressing for THOUSANDS of years,
so from such history, we can often delineate
earthbound events, with some accuracy.

This is compared to the relatively short time, that
can be assigned to modern financial markets .....
..... some 200 years, at most.

-----

This is the same cosmic clock used for launching
rockets and satellites, timing their entries, exits
and manoeuvres with exquisite accuracy.

..... and best of all, NO MAN can interfere with
this timing device ..... not even GW Bush !~!

-----
Here's an exercise that may be interesting for
the skeptics ..... today, some astroanalysis has
been posted for SHA, an Aussie IPO, due to
list next week.

Just follow the key dates and use them to confirm
your regular FA/TA for SHA, in the months ahead.

No, those key dates will not ALL bring expected
SHA news/ moves, but they WILL help to build a
better overview of the stock.

Try it, it will cost you NOTHING, except for a
little TIME ..... :-)

Hope this helps a bit ..... :-)

have a great day

yogi

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1965

Monday, July 17, 2006 - 11:36 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

Recently, there was an article in traders'
edge about astrotrading and financial
astrology and almost daily, we get emails
asking where to get started on the basics
of this craft.

There's many books on the subject, but
a good introduction is probably:

"Investing by the Stars"
by Henry Weingarten
Founder of Astrologers Fund in USA.

Then, if you want to go further, read
any works by Gann for the mechanical
systems he researched and Sepharial's
works for a background in the astrology,
that Gann also used.

Most important of Sepharial's work may be:

"Cosmic Symbolism"

"Kabala of Numbers" Parts 1 & 2

"Vibration" by Mrs L Dow-Balliett and
"The Pythagorean Sourcebook" will also
help to understand the simple maths
involved in understanding Pythagorean
theory of "Harmony of the Spheres".

Finally, decode Gann's 1927 novel
"Tunnel thru the Air", including the
association and interpretations of
150+ Bible references that he used,
in TTTTA.

Gann also had his own reading list, that
is readily available on the web.

Be warned, this astrostuff is addictive and
can be VERY time consuming, but there
is no better tool available to evaluate
the TIME AXIS on our charts.

happy days

yogi

=====

yogiinoz

Post Number: 1968

Friday, July 21, 2006 - 02:49 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

For techies:

As with many other TA tools, traders find it difficult
to apply Gann's mechanical tools to IPOs, due to
very limited price data.

However, Gann's astrotools are one of the few technical
tools that we can apply to IPOs from Day One of their listing.

That means, that as price data unfolds over the course of
time, our regular TA then becomes confirmation of our
astroanalysis, instead of vice-versa, as we have used them
in stocks with a longer trading history.

Many IPOs, like PYM, MYG, AKK, CIL, TMX, IGD, WSP, ODY
and SHA have all had their astroanalysis posted, along with
many others, like TBG, GFF, SPN and SKI ..... etc ..... :-)

Given that regular TA and Gann's mechanical tools are of
limited analytical value for IPOs, it soon becomes apparent,
that astroanalysis has become an important tool for
astrotraders, when considering trades in any IPO.

In fact, we can often anticipate which IPOs are worth
stagging and which offers should be declined, in preference
of buying in, at a lower price, at a later date.

By using Gann's astrostuff on IPOs, we have isolated an
area, where other mechanical tools cannot perform. In doing
so, it provides a focus on astroanalysis ALONE, so that we
can evaluate its performance as a trading tool, in isolation
from all others.

-----

For fundamentalists:

Time cycle analysis can also help fundamentalists, with
their market timing in IPOs, by helping to gauge market
sentiment about any stock, at any given time.

Astroanalysis does not need TA to exist ..... it can be just as
easily done, without a price chart, at all !~!

..... this helps those investors using FA, to fine-tune their
trade entries and exits for better results.

happy days

yogi

yogiinoz

Post Number: 2037

Friday, September 29, 2006 - 03:43 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi folks,

A little more about Gann's seasonal approach to the
markets ..... especially, September equinox as a
frequent marker:

http://www.minyanville.com/articles/index.php?a=11277

have a great weekend

yogi

UK Stocks 15-minute delayed

yogiinoz

Post Number: 2245

Thursday, March 22, 2007 - 09:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

..... as the Sun enters Aries, a change of season is at
hand, as the northern spring begins for 2007 and Gann's
trading year begins, as well ... :-)

happy trading

paul

=====

Budget packages from $5.95 USD

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Swing Tradingbackstop69 03-Jul-07  09:01 am
The Fractals Edgelafee02-Jul-07  12:46 pm
Snifter & Alan Hull's systemeblode22-Jun-07  01:43 pm
Trading Plan results on spi200avihud21-Jun-07  12:05 pm
Yahoo messenger (Chat sessions group)born2win07-Jun-07  08:03 am
Time Stops for Dugshah_ji07-Jun-07  02:07 am