Incredible Charts Stock Market Charting Software. Home Site Map About Us Privacy Policy Advertise (pdf) Contact Us

You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

AOT swallowed by CBA

Chart Forum » Trading - Systems » Archive through March 24, 2005 » AOT swallowed by CBA

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
scalper
Username: scalper

Post Number: 115

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, December 03, 2004 - 08:07 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My trading system is very reliant upon the platform that i use to execute it.

As of yesterday CBA has bought out Mark Morris's AOT Online business.

They say no change to brokerage structure or trading platform for the foreseeable future.

My biggest concern is a change to the flat brokerage charge of $33 up to $1m contract, and the ability to buy or sell a company up to six price levels on the one contract for the $33 flat fee.

Without this ability my structure would need to change dramatically.

The even scarier thing is that i received a phone call from Mark Morris Executive Chairman, as i was one of their top 100 clients, they make more money out me than what i do.

Must thank the boys & girls at AOT for a brilliant service provided, and hope that since Mark has taken on a senior role at CBA that he keeps them honest and true to their word.

Maybe this area of brokering is about to be consolidated even more. ETR/ANZ? Fee structure from their housing market getting the squeeze, looking for further growing income streams.

Any other AOT,ers out there with comncerns.

Scalper

mosaic1996
Username: mosaic1996

Post Number: 1051

Friday, December 03, 2004 - 09:17 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scalper,

I love AOT Online - great company, excellent staff, and the brokerage structure suits me fine.

Saves me money with $33 flat fee makes it very cheap for my average trade, and the most important aspect is the ability to break buy or sell orders into many lumps on a single contract note.

I don't buy and sell the same lot of shares several times a day like yourself, so the impact will not be as great for me, but I sure do hope that they don't change their platform nor their brokerage structure.

I also like the operation of my Adelaide Bank CMA that sit behind AOT trading accounts. I think that these nay be the first to go CBA.

Whilst I don't have a margin lending facility with AOT (ANZ or ?), you may be encouraged to transfer to CBA as well.

Could be back to Power ETRADE if they change the rules too much.

As I don't transact very frequently I can't apply any pressure to AOT/Mark. I'm afraid that we will have to wait and see. I suspect that they will change the rules at some stage. Although high transaction users may survive.

Cheers,
Mosaic

ASX Stocks 20-minute delayed

hazluk
Username: hazluk

Post Number: 157

Friday, December 03, 2004 - 09:32 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scalper - I'm also devastated, what a nightmare faced with the prospect of having to change brokers.

Along with the points you've raised we are now in real danger (certain of??) losing the ability to trade on-line with ANY margin lender, of paying for contingency orders (stop loss orders etc) & being slugged monthly subscription fees for a dynamic trading platform whether or not we access it in any given month.

As you've already mentioned Scalper, apart from Commsec, this leaves E-trade as the only other on-line broker which offers automated contingency orders (as far as I am aware).

Any body got any other suggestions???

tony_m
Username: tony_m

Post Number: 212

Friday, December 03, 2004 - 12:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I fired off an e-mail to AOTONLINE yesterday expressing my disappointment about the change. I have a history with Commsec as a TD Waterhouse client when Commsec took it over. Like the Waterhouse takeover I assume that at some point the AOT and Commsec trading platforms and backing trading accounts will be consolidated.

It was a pretty rough experience when Commsec took over, I had problems which were difficult to resolve because Commsec appeared not to have adequately resourced the help desk, but it didn't matter that much because they didn't have enough telephone lines and I could never get through to the help desk anyway.

It was difficult because I opted to retain my original Adelaide Bank account from my Waterhouse stint. So instead of getting an itemised trading account by individual transaction which is the accounting lynchpin for me (and my accountant)I received a consolidated account with multiple trade transactions consolidated into single account entry, impossible to use. It was made clear to me that if I wanted individual transactions I had to transfer to a CBA trading account.

This was in spite of the soothing words in the takeover announcement and correspondence etc. So frankly I am looking around for an alternative as I assume that the trading platforms will be consolidated at some point and the trading accounts of the AOTONLINE clients will face pressure for a move to CBA accounts. I dont want to participate in a rerun of the last excercise.

Subsequently I moved to AOTONLINE and the service and performance of the trading platform has been excellent.

Tony_M

williamat
Username: williamat

Post Number: 262

Friday, December 03, 2004 - 02:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tony-M,
I too was with Waterhouse ad feel I must attempt a fair hearing for Comsec, for whom I hold no special place in my heart.
The only trouble I had was in the cash flow methodology, where-in I was fined a couple of times because I had opted incorrectly (innocently) for the banking to be used. Frankly they still owe me.IT was easier to move on.
In the matter of changing from Bank Of Adelaide, at no time was there ever a suggestion of change, in fact it was noticeable that they avoided any thing that might give that impression. I have settled down well with their system, except that due to issues beyond my control my trading dropped and I lost the facility of 'Professional" due to lack of trades. It is quite a shock to revert, however I am about ro regain status and expect to remain at ease with them.
Good Wishes, Bill.

The difference between intelligence and education is this- intelligence will make you a good living. Charles C Kettering.

scalper
Username: scalper

Post Number: 116

Friday, December 03, 2004 - 07:32 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank's to all for your comments.

I remember about 2 yrs ago i had to change brokers, it was a devastating feeling due to margin accounts.

As always, one door closes, you need to go and unlock a few others to find further tresure.As i said, last time i was devastated, but found AOT which was a real find and boost to my business.

Will let you know what i find in due course.

Scalper

captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 1044

Friday, December 03, 2004 - 08:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scalps

I remember I once changed wives
Nothing could be have been worse

capn

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

tbreak
Username: tbreak

Post Number: 23

Saturday, December 04, 2004 - 12:06 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not looking too good, read the different news releases from AOT and Comsec

AOT

AOT wishes to inform its customers that AOT Australia’s two stockbroking businesses, AOT Online and AOT Stockbroking, have been purchased by the Commonwealth Bank. The purchase was undertaken through the Commonwealth Bank’s broking arm, CommSec.

AOT Australia’s Chairman, Mr Mark Morris, said that AOT’s strong presence in both the retail and institutional market was very attractive to the Commonwealth Bank as it continues to build its presence in the Australian stockbroking environment.

"CBA has a strong desire, the required financial strength and the expertise to become a major competitive force in the stockbroking industry. We are delighted that the AOT business and our staff will make a major contribution to the fulfillment of these objectives."

Commonwealth Bank Group Executive, Premium Business Services, Michael Katz, said AOT Australia has a strong presence in both the retail and institutional market, and will complement the Commonwealth Bank’s existing businesses.

"The acquisition will help us build a true Australian stockbroking powerhouse in an industry dominated by foreign players," Mr Katz said.

"Over the past few years AOT has successfully positioned itself as a premium niche player in the Australian market and has demonstrated an ability to attract premium retail and institutional clients. AOT’s institutional sales trading, research sales and leading DMA capabilities are a natural complement to our existing product offerings."

AOT wishes to assure its clients that while a change of ownership has occurred, the staff of AOT and CommSec will continue to look after their interests. Clients will continue to operate under the same brokerage structure and on the same trading platform for the foreseeable future. AOT request that enquiries regarding this matter are directed to AOT via email: enquiries@aotonline.com.au

COMSEC

CommSec and the Commonwealth Bank are delighted to announce the purchase of AOT Australia which consists of AOT Securities and AOT Stockbroking.

This acquisition helps us build a true Australian stockbroking powerhouse in an industry dominated by foreign players.

Over the past few years AOT has successfully positioned itself as a premium niche player in the Australian market But stockbroking businesses require large scale to deliver the best quality products and service at an affordable price.

We believe that the scale CommSec brings to the AOT business, and its market leading position achieved through innovation and commitment to client service, will ensure AOT and CommSec clients alike receive the best brokerage service in Australia.

AOT’s institutional sales trading, research sales and leading DMA capabilities are a natural complement to our existing business.

The acquisition of AOT will have very little, if any, impact on existing CommSec clients. It has been a very busy time in the market over the last couple of months and we have been active in recruiting staff to handle the larger volume of business.

AOT Clients should continue to deal with AOT as we work together to ensure a smooth transition process, with uninterrupted and continued service quality.

For CommSec Clients please continue to deal with CommSec as usual.

Reads like Commsec will be changing things to bring AOT up to its level of innovation and commitment to client service with a smooth transition process. If this happens I hope there is somewhere else to go.

tbreak

Post Number: 26

Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 12:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Off the Aot website.
http://www.aotonline.com.au/private/apply.php

Following the acquisition of AOT Australia by CommSec, AOT Online is no longer able to accept new client application forms.

CommSec offers you access to a range of products and services including:
Professional Trader, an advanced market data and real time trading platform
Straight through processing
Competitive brokerage rates
Company profiles on ASX listed stocks
ETO trading online
US share trading
Access to IPOs
Margin Lending
Investment and Super Funds
To find out more about what CommSec can offer, go to CommSec.com.au.

Should you wish to open a CommSec account you can apply online by clicking here.

That just sounds dandy.......

davkell
Username: davkell

Post Number: 11

Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 01:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like a few people are upset over this Commsec/AOT buyout. I've been with Sanford for a while, but have been pressuring them to have Conditional orders. I received an email today stating that they were hoping to implement this in mid 2005.

I would be interested in hearing from other members as to who you trade with, and the various positives & negatives of your chosen broker.

"Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom"

spider
Username: spider

Post Number: 1851

Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 05:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi davkell,
get Sanford to explain to you why they wont offer automatic stop loss orders. It will put a smile on your face.

spider.

"One thing you will learn as a trader is that the mental resources you use to get what you want in your everyday life will not work in the trading environment"

"Unlike other social environments, the trading arena has many characteristics requiring a very high degree of self-control and self trust from the trader who intends to function successfully within it. However, many of us lack this self-control because as children we learned to function in a structured environment where our behaviour was controlled by someone more powerful than ourselves, whose purpose was to manipulate our behaviour to conform to society's expectations."
Mark Douglas.
'The Disciplined Trader.'

perler59
Username: perler59

Post Number: 479

Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 07:12 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Attention all AOT users. We are the BORG! You will be assimilated! Resistance is useless!

I loved AOTonline and my Adelaide Bank CMT. It was too good to last

I can NOT control the markets, so I MUST control myself.

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 164

Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 07:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perler, I agree with you, resistance is useless.

I too love AOT and would like to publicly thank in particular Karl and Dan who fielded my (sometimes embarrassingly) newby questions and mini panics with patience and kindness.

I don't actually know what to do. Day to day things seem the same at the moment, but I suppose it won't be long before we are forced to make a decision. But I don't like being forced onto another company, I want to make my own choice. Such a hassle though, to move.

Elisabeth

tbreak

Post Number: 27

Thursday, December 09, 2004 - 11:38 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On Etrade. It has SOLD OUT AOT CUSTOMERS at the top of the web page (Thanks for reminding me) plus an offer for free brokerage till january.

https://www.etradeaustralia.com.au/Application/Index.asp?

even has a dedicated hot line for AOT customers to discuss there needs.

Oh the pain, the pain of it all.

(Message edited by tbreak on December 10, 2004)

tbreak

Post Number: 28

Friday, December 10, 2004 - 01:19 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just found another broker who uses webiress as there platform and can link to your adelaide CMT. 20 bucks for a trade of any size but there subscription cost, gees 150 per month.

http://morrisonsecurities.com/

tbreak

Post Number: 29

Friday, December 10, 2004 - 02:29 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, Adelaide CMT is allowed for phone orders only

smallworld
Username: smallworld

Post Number: 89

Friday, December 10, 2004 - 11:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I rang the hot line, Etrade said they are willing to negotiate the brokerage rate based on the number trades. I shall be going in to see them and have a more detailed look.
thanks tbreak.

(Message edited by smallworld on December 11, 2004)

smallworld

Post Number: 110

Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 01:15 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got a case of the mountain goat beer from AOT, signed by comsec, saying everything will be bedded down by january. Something is cooking?

midnight_trader
Username: midnight_trader

Post Number: 7

Thursday, December 23, 2004 - 08:34 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I do not understand why everyone is in such a panic about the AOT takeover. I know a few AOT traders who are not big fans of the CBA (including myself), but any major changes to the AOT service would see them lose their client base and render the takeover as pointless. I spoke to Darren at AOT recently and he assures me that there are no immediate changes on the horizon.

Till there are......I am sticking with a good thing....

Merry Christmas to all.

tony_m

Post Number: 230

Friday, December 24, 2004 - 02:32 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Be aware that there is a problem with continuing with the AOTONLINE and Adelaide Bank connection. After Commsec took over T D Waterhouse I found that Commsec would not provide individual transaction account entries with the Adelaide Bank account.

They consolidated multiple entries, say 3 buys and 2 sells would be consolidated into a single account entry. This is totally impossible from an accounting perspective (send your accountant nuts). This was one of the reasons why I switched to AOT. I have asked for further clarification and will publish when they reply.

Excerpt from AOTONLINE reply to initial query...

'Dear Tony
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but CommSec will settle trades with Adelaide Bank "along the consolidation route".

However, there is an alternative if you wish to consider it. AOT/Berndale have, for the past twelve months, been doing settlements with Macquarie on a line by line basis, i.e. if you have three buys and two sells which settle on the one day, you would see five entries on your Macquarie account'

Tony_M

tony_m

Post Number: 231

Friday, December 24, 2004 - 02:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just received an update saying that tests are being conducted between Commsec and Macquarie and an answer should be available by Jan 4. I suggested that they should advise the AOT/ADB users about the problem they are going to get with essentially unusable account statements because they might have some very unhappy clients who stumble over this when they get their first statement.

Will post the next response...Tony_M

smallworld

Post Number: 111

Friday, December 24, 2004 - 03:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tony,
Not sure if i understand it. ... Single account entry.... Where is this entry? In the adelaide bank statement? or Is it the AOT statement?

I am not sure if the transfer from Bernsdale to comsec as my sponsor will have any impact? would anyone like to speculate?

huey
Username: huey

Post Number: 18

Friday, December 24, 2004 - 04:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tony

I have three accounts with Commsec, they have always lumped all trades for the day together which is a nightmare if you do a reasonable number of trades a day. They have even settled in less than T+3.

After many discussions with them they now show my trades as individual entities, IT CAN BE DONE!

Seasons greetings to all.

Huey

tony_m

Post Number: 232

Friday, December 24, 2004 - 05:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smallworld, the transactions which are posted to the Adelaide Bank account have multiple buy and/or sell transactions consolidated into a single entry over a period of around a week or so or whatever the settlement window is. I assume there will an account statement from Commsec which will meet the needs of a lot of people.

Normally the accountant uses the Adelaide Bank statement as the tracking vehicle for all of the trading related activities because at least in my case all of my local share market investment activities and related expenses and income (dividends etc) are all funnelled through the one account.

Now it would mean that this is no longer the case as the individual buy/sell transactions are no longer identfied on the bank statement, just the nett settlement amount for a number of transactions in a settlement window.

So now the accountant will have to use both the Bank statement and the broker trading statement and/or contract notes to sort out all of the market related activities.

Tony_M

tony_m

Post Number: 233

Friday, December 24, 2004 - 06:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smallworld, reading the previous update, maybe I did not make my self completely clear.

Essentially at the moment the Adelaide Bank account statement provides a complete audit trail of every individual buy/sell transaction (both broker direct debit/credit or off market cheque purchases), dividend income transactions and trading related expense transactions. Each individual transaction is clearly identifiable. It forms the basis for my accountant to prepare the annual tax stuff.

Under the planned changes this gets a lot messier in that individual buy/sell transactions are no longer identified by a single line transaction related to one stock purchase or sale. The entry is only the nett sum as a credit or debit of a number of unidentified stock purchases and/or sales over a settlement period and shown as a single line credit/debit entry.

It makes things a lot more difficult and creates extra work for me and my accountant. Maybe this is unique to me or my accountant and if so I apologise for stirring this up. In any case I thought it better for interested parties to be aware of this rather than finding out about it when they receive their first bank statement....Regards and Merry Xmas....Tony_M

smallworld

Post Number: 113

Friday, December 24, 2004 - 09:30 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tony,
Totally agree with you, its messy the way that comsec carries out its settlement. I just want to make sure, your post is often too good to mis-intrepret. cheers and happy xmas to you.

dollars
Username: dollars

Post Number: 114

Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 08:48 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting point

have only recently made an inquiry regarding a unexplained +$200 entry to my Adelaide bank super fund account picked up by my accountant. Seems it was a commission rebate from comsec. No other advice was given!

cheers $

josl
Username: josl

Post Number: 34

Saturday, December 25, 2004 - 11:04 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

G'Day

I don't understand the confusion
I use Comsec & print a report from
> Position Statements > Financials
Which lists each trade against the remittance to one's bank
Using this report together with the bank statement is sufficient for the accountant - It shouldn't create extra cost

Happy Xmas & a prosperous & interesting new year
John

rogerb
Username: rogerb

Post Number: 1

Monday, December 27, 2004 - 04:09 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have good news for the new year for concerned AOT punters.

I talked to a helpful friend from Commsec about the integration and he confirmed that CommSec were going to do line by line settlement for all AOT clients. He even suggested that CommSec would do it for their existing clients if they asked.

Apparently the problem in the past was that the system didn't support it and now it does. Simple.

tony_m

Post Number: 234

Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 10:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rogerb and JOSL, I dont think that is the case for those with Adelaide Bank trading accounts, maybe it is so for Commsec clients with CBA trading accounts. For existing AOTONLINE clients with existing Adelaide Bank trading accounts the trades will be consolidated unless they change to CBA or possibly Macquarie (yet to be confirmed) trading accounts. I have an e-mail following a query with AOT that confirms this as recently as the 24th Dec.

If you look at the related previous entries in this thread it was only ever about those AOTONLINE clients with existing Adelaide Bank trading accounts.

Tony_M

branchline
Username: branchline

Post Number: 52

Tuesday, December 28, 2004 - 07:03 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Josl,
I`ve just read your post re Comsec pos statements.
Thanks for that, I had no idea it was there.Excellent for checking SPP holdings arriving in your account

Most helpful of you.

Regards
Branchline

rogerb
Username: rogerb

Post Number: 2

Thursday, December 30, 2004 - 07:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just confirming tony_m's post. I asked the point and was told that the line by line won't be done automatically for Adelaide Bank accounts.

davkell
Username: davkell

Post Number: 17

Sunday, January 02, 2005 - 11:25 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FYI AOT clients....although I think you lose some of your conditional orders availability....but coming soon apparently!

Do you feel like you’re taking a step bankwards ?
Step up instead, to Australia’s leading online broker^ – Sanford Securities and you’ll receive our special AOT client offer.

Welcome AOT clients
Speak to one of our award winning customer service team – 1300 360 892
Exclusive offer to AOT clients - $19.95 unlimited trades until 31 March 2005* & more…

Welcome AOT clients

As you’re probably aware AOT Australia was purchased by the Commonweath Bank’s Commsec on the 2 December 2004.

If you do nothing, your AOT client account & holdings will be transferred to Commsec on the 24 January 2004.

At Sanford Securities, we respect your right to choose your broker.

Speak to one of our award winning customer service team – 1300 360 892

Our customer service has been ranked number 1 in the latest ACNielsen.consult Online Broker Survey, call us to discuss the Sanford offer and see why we won this category.

Exclusive offer to AOT clients - $19.95 unlimited trades until 31 March 2005* & more…

To receive the benefits of this offer:
Open a Sanford Securities account before 31 January 2005; and
Include evidence that you are an active AOT Client (a copy of one of your AOT Contract Notes dated after 30 September 2004); and
Transfer all of your AOT broker sponsored holdings and you’ll receive:
Unlimited $19.95 equity & warrant trades until 31 MARCH 2005 – there’s no value limit on the savings you may realise.**
Unlimited $33.45 ETO trades until 31 MARCH 2005 - there’s no value limit on the savings you may realise. ***
3 months free access to Sanford’s Professional Service, which includes:
Dynamic market data access
Award winning InvestorWeb Research
Award winning InvestorWeb Model Portfolios
A host of other investment tools

If you are an AOT client and already have a Sanford Securities account but have not traded with us in 2004, you can still qualify for this offer. See “Already a Sanford Securities client and have an AOT account?” below.

https://www.sanford.com.au/sanford/Public/Promotion/aot_promotion_more.asp#t6

"Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom"

julles
Username: julles

Post Number: 1297

Tuesday, January 11, 2005 - 10:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I for one am a fan of Sanford premium account.

Julles

Budget packages from $5.95 USD

midnight_trader
Username: midnight_trader

Post Number: 8

Monday, January 17, 2005 - 11:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now, I know that many are not happy about the AOT takeover. I personally do not like Commsec but have been very happy at AOT. Even so, I decided to see what was out there just in case Commsec decided to do something 'commsec like' to the original AOT offering. And to tell you the truth, there does not seem to be much better value out there unless you are a scalper who is prepared to trade quite frequently. Etrade seems to be the best of the rest for my style (trend trader). However, until Commsec does something stupid, it is hard to beat the original AOT offering.

The only bummer about AOT is that it is 100% internet based. I hope commsec provides a phone broker option so that I do not have to go home to close a trade and cut my fishing trips short.

All the best

Budget packages from $5.95 USD

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
POSITIVE GEARING FOR SHARESjeremy28-Feb-05  02:26 pm
Kangaroo Tail Soupdavkell17 24-Feb-05  04:37 pm
ASX Sharemarket Gamedicko24-Feb-05  03:29 pm
Operator Assisted Stop Loss Monitoring Servicenightstalker20-Feb-05  05:35 pm
Smsquotes.com.audavkell16-Feb-05  10:53 pm
Stop Losses - Legal Positionnightstalker10-Feb-05  06:48 am
IC Stock Screeningmikemcbain09-Feb-05  08:53 pm
Stop Losses & Stop Profitsnightstalker37 07-Feb-05  07:44 am