Incredible Charts Stock Market Charting Software. Home Site Map About Us Privacy Policy Advertise (pdf) Contact Us

You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

IC Stock Screening

Chart Forum » Trading - Systems » Archive through March 24, 2005 » IC Stock Screening

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
mikemcbain
Username: mikemcbain

Post Number: 19

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 02:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If there are other people on this forum that recognise the value of the stock screening aspect of Colin's program perhaps they could assist those of us who struggle a little with these more technical things.

I am trying to get early identification of bottom buying (and top selling) opportunities and one of the indicators I want to use is RSI.

Can anyone help me set up the Stock Screening function so that it lists all stocks with an RSI oversold level below 25 or so that it produces a list of those that have just broken upwards through 20 or 25?

Obviously I will not use this factor in isolation for selecting buy and sell points.

chance
Username: chance

Post Number: 477

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 09:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mike,

thought I'd avago, should keep us amused until someone comes along who knows what he's doing!
This seemed to work, set the top bit up like this.....

Top Bit

and the bottom bit like this...

bottom bit

Putting a 1 in the 'within .....last trading days' box gave 52 stocks, a 2 gave 89, and 3 gave 114 !

fish & pie

Will be interesting to see what happens to the F & P share price.

Regards

chance

UK Stocks 15-minute delayed

mikemcbain
Username: mikemcbain

Post Number: 20

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 - 09:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Chance I will try and watch with interest.

Mike.

US Stocks 15-minute delayed

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Visit us on:

What's New

Free Software