Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1799

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Sunday, November 04, 2012 - 02:30 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin and Co.

Is there anyway we can have the "Comparison" Indicator upgraded to show a more realistic 'scaling' so as to be able to use it as I believe it should be able too. Best illustrated by a simple comparison(no pun intended) of I.C.'s version versus another Free Chart Program. It doesn't really seem what "Display Period" you chose in I.C it will give a "distorted" comparison.

Here are the same chart comparisons using the same timeframe and market indicies....SPX500 vers $VIX.

I assume it can't be to difficult to do as most charting packages have it.

Leave it with you...

Dolphin

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1659

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 05:05 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin,

That would require two separate scales -- something we would have to leave until our planned (cross-platform) rebuild of Incredible Charts next year.

Have you tried changing the Intercept Date, using Price Comparison (Intercept)?

gdd3

Post Number: 1805

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 11:27 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin...

1/..."have to leave until our planned (cross-platform) rebuild of Incredible Charts next year....%$#@&?"

...Oh, dear!

2/..."Have you tried changing the Intercept Date, using Price Comparison (Intercept)?"

...yep, but I find that a bit frustrating because how do you know which Intercept date is going to give the best comparison picture(scaling relationship)? Your user 'notes' on the Comparison Intercept Indicator do not explain or give suggestions!

To highlight the point here are 6 dates, from my submission above, I have chosen basically to highlight the frustration. The choices are based on the obvious preference points/times:-

1/...beginning of Chart displayed...11Nov, 2010...............2/...Our $VIX High...8Aug, 2011

}}

3/...$VIX Swing Low...26Mar., 2012....................4/...Last $VIX Swing High...1Jun, 2012

}}}

5/...Our Last available trading data date...4Nov., 2012..................6/...Any date after 4Nov., 2012_2050

It seems from these choices that the closest to a satisfactory Intercept date is No.2 or No.6(Any date outside available data dates).

Wouldn't you agree that these examples illustrate, somewhat, how restrictive/useless(can't really be used) this indicator is ATM.

Cheers
Dolphin}}

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1660

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 12:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Comparison works fine for comparing stocks and indices. The problem is the inverse relationship between VIX and the index.

I will see if any other indicator gives a better result.

(Message edited by colin_twiggs on November 06, 2012)

gdd3

Post Number: 1806

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 02:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, fair enough and I agree the issue is heightened by an inverse relationship.

Thanks for the feedback and offer...

TSX Stocks 15-minute delayed

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»