You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

Trendlines delete themselves, etc!

Chart Forum » Feedback » Trendlines delete themselves, etc!

««  Previous  Next  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
adrianh
Username: adrianh

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - 05:51 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have already emailed you guys twice on 2 separate tickets about this problem, yet '1 and 1/2 months' later I still haven't got a reply back?
The problem I am having is of drawing in the trendlines on my charts, as almost everytime it seems that when I draw these in and re-adjust them into place that these lines just disappear off the screen! (I re-adjust then along the candlewicks and then they are suddenly gone.)?

Another issue that has occasionally happened is if I have clicked on the "Display periods" tab, where then the box for the periods will just pop-up onto the screen, even though I hadn't clicked for this box to appear, and am only wanting the usual list of months shown.(in 'Daily view'.)?

These type of problems shouldn't happen on charting software and has really starting to become a frustrating waste of time dealing to this.

So I am wondering what you would suggest I do to fix them?
Hope you can help me here

shadetreetrader
Username: shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1095

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 09:50 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

adrianh
Just until admin get back to you, I may be able to help you with your trendline issue.
Double clicking on a trendline will delete it.
If your mouse click or USB port/mouse connector is dodgy then that could cause a double click when you only want a single click.
If the mouse and USB port/mouse connector are good then it could be your mouse settings.
If you have a windows system, then you could try adjusting your mouse double click speed in control panel mouse settings.

mouse settings

Cheers STT

PS The display periods issue could also be a mouse click issue, as it sounds like after the Display Periods tab is clicked, the header at the top of the drop down box is also accidentally being clicked.

(Message edited by shadetreetrader on June 14, 2018)

Pay no attention to the financial press, their opinions and theories change like the wind. Pay no attention to self-proclaimed financial gurus who only reveal their buys and sells in hindsight.
Do not take my posts as stock recommendations or advice, do your own research.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2210

Thursday, June 14, 2018 - 12:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Shadetreetrader,

We have asked Adrian to check his mouse.

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

adrianh

Post Number: 2

Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 02:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Shadetreetrader, and thanks for your informative comments as well.
I have just tried adjusting my mouse 'double-click speed' to the same as in your control panel above, I was hoping this to solve all problems, but no there is still no change to before.
Now this also is a newish optical mouse too, and I have actually had the USB port recently repaired, so can't see those as being the problem either.
And I don't ever double-click on a trendline, because I am only trying to align the line up along the price points, and this leaves me confused as to why it keeps happening.
Something I have noticed is if I leave my mouse pointer on the "Display periods" tab for a fraction too long, then this usually always brings up that small box(I explained earlier about), - but for the trendlines these disappear usually only if I am slowly adjusting them into place.(?)

Perhaps I need to check for 'bugs' in the software, or close a certain application that is running in the background on my computer, or some other fix, etc?

I am hoping someone has other information for me to get this resolved soon?

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2211

Monday, June 18, 2018 - 11:05 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First, have you tried another mouse. We haven't seen a problem like this before. It could be hardware related.

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

adrianh

Post Number: 3

Monday, June 18, 2018 - 05:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin, Thanks that now seems to have fixed all these problems. I had changed to my other spare wired mouse and trendlines aren't deleting themselves anymore.(or the box pop-ups either.)
But now the problem here is I was really wanting to keep using my wireless mouse instead, but by going back to it there would be problems again. Would you be able to tell me how to fix these issues I have with this type of mouse?
(because I recently had the USB port fixed, as the wired mouse I had used damaged the inside of this port, and that is why since then I only wanted to use a wireless mouse instead.) Thanks

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2212

Monday, June 18, 2018 - 06:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Adrian,
I would have the new mouse checked. It could be faulty. We have never had a report like this before, so the most likely cause is hardware failure.

adrianh

Post Number: 4

Monday, June 18, 2018 - 09:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin, I will try using a different type of wireless mouse off my parents, and then see if this could make a difference. And if there are no seen problems with this mouse, then it may mean I would need to buy a different one.
Meantime I am wondering if there is anything I can do to the mouse settings or properties and maybe change something there?
When I insert this wireless mouse into my computer, there is no 'mouse icon' pictured in 'device and printers' section, yet there is an icon for the wired-mouse I have that has no trendline issues.
Would you think I perhaps need to download some type of software for it?
Thanks

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 625

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 07:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hay all,
Been using a wireless mouse for yonks. Got sick and tired of constantly replacing the battery so I recently changed back to a wired mouse. Only bought a cheapy and had no end of trouble with the pointer and click/double click. Bought another cheapy to try but still dramas. Ran my aftermarket driver updater doo-dah and lo and behold, no more problems so it is possible that your mouse driver is outdated. Cheers.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2213

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 09:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Rockon for the suggestion.

That is a good start: update your mouse driver.

adrianh

Post Number: 5

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 04:47 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Colin/Rockon for that suggestion to update mouse driver. I did try doing just that, but it says that the most suitable driver is already installed. I have checked Windows for updates but there aren't any.
I did run a Windows troubleshooter on the devices, then restarted computer. This has probably improved my charting of trendlines by a little bit, it hasn't solved the problem because they still are occasionally deleting themselves as of before.
Not sure what else to do, but to borrow another mouse for a while.(?)

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1101

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - 06:40 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Adrian, don't know what brand you're using but I once had an HP wireless mouse that didn't work very well on the laptop but was ok on the desktop PC. (or vice versa - I can't remember)
I've never had a problem with any Logitech wireless mice, the basic ones are plug & play, no special driver installation required. You can get one for about $20 at Hardly Normal.

You could also try plugging into a different USB port.

(Message edited by shadetreetrader on June 19, 2018)

Pay no attention to the financial press, their opinions and theories change like the wind. Pay no attention to self-proclaimed financial gurus who only reveal their buys and sells in hindsight.

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 626

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 06:42 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Shady,
It was a Logitech mouse x2 that I had dramas with ($8 Woolies). Said on the box that it was compatible with my PC but only started behaving itself after a driver update which was highlighted by an Avast (not free)ad-on. Cannot remember how to crank up the windows driver updater via control panel (and all was supposedly well at the time) but a subscription scan picked up several outdated drivers. Run it every 6 months or so with usually nothing found but a few bucks a year is worth it to me. Not saying this is definitely Adrianhs' problem though. Cheers.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1102

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 07:26 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rockon, the HP mouse I had issues with was a cheapo like that, they're probably all made in the same factory but with different stickers! You get what you pay for.

I really like my M510, it takes 2 AA batteries (alkaline) which last at least 6 months & I don't usually bother to turn it off when I'm not using it. Each to their own, cheers shady.

adrianh

Post Number: 6

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 - 02:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi ShadeTT, the mouse I have is a brand called 'Necessities' and was very cheap to buy at only about $10(NZ-$).
Like I said before I have tried to update drivers but this doesn't have any effect to it performing better on the charts,- trendlines still delete themselves.
I will try borrow another mouse, this is possibly a Logitech brand so it may work better.

adrianh

Post Number: 7

Thursday, June 21, 2018 - 07:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So I have just trialed my parents Logitech mouse on drawing trendlines and I can say yes this is a great mouse. I didn't have any of the lines delete themselves, and also had no annoying boxes pop-up either.
I will definitely be getting one of these ones now!
It was just frustrating each night and not knowing why it was being a pain, but now I have the answer, so thanks everyone for your help with this problem.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»