Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
coastmanflorida
Username: coastmanflorida

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Sunday, July 17, 2011 - 05:11 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am very interested in purchasing Traders International Market Expert System - but would like to hear from people who have experienced the course that is not part of their blog. I think that it might be a fantastic course - although expensive - but would like to have other opinions.

ingot54
Username: ingot54

Post Number: 2263

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 01:15 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

https://forum.incrediblecharts.com/messages/12/1098376.html

Keep Smiling - Don't look back

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something ~ Thomas A. Edison

Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have ~ Margaret Mead

coastmanflorida

Post Number: 2

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 12:25 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since I posted my question about Trader's International, I have received nothing - good or bad. I have since been reading several private blogs, and almost everyone is saying that it is really not worth the money, and definitely does not give the response (making money) that one would expect. Still hoping to receive some response, good, bad or indifferent..............Thanks

ingot54

Post Number: 2264

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 08:54 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

coastmanflorida wrote on Friday, July 22, 2011 - 12:25 am:

Since I posted my question about Trader's International, I have received nothing - good or bad.

What were you expecting to receive Coastmanflorida?

Did you click on the link from my post above, and read the entire thread?

I thought that would have made it abundantly clear that TI is not considered worth the asking price.

Look, here is an excellent rule-of-thumb to sort things out:

If something is really outstanding, then it will shine like a beacon and attract NO criticism at all.

If something is all fluff-and-feathers, then it needs to pass off lame excuses for failure.

Into which category do you think TI fits best?

Where are the traders singing the praises? I have personally met two traders who are (were) clients of TI. Neither has made enough money to even cut down on working hours, and can't point to consistent winning trades. Both are losing and blame themselves - they believe the TI line that it is their fault for not following closely enough, or for not doing sim trading for long enough!

In fact, both of them complain to me that TI "will be good" when they go back and do more sim trading ... after 3 years membership! TI continue to come up with reasons why it is not working, and continue to evolve the strategy, and rotate new trading room moderators who have different techniques.

There you are ... feedback ... that should tell you something. For the price, I would be wanting to see traders lined up 20 deep waiting their chance to share their wonderful testimony about how great the TI method is.

You might find one or two people coming on here shortly to do exactly that - but usually you find such folks have only joined Incredible Charts the day before yesterday, and this will be their first post.

Yeah.

I think you have heard what you needed to hear - you just haven't heard what you wanted to hear.

Anyway - you sort it out. I got things happening in 75 minutes.

One of my mates says: "I was born at night ... it was just not last night."

Apply that to TI and be warned.

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something ~ Thomas A. Edison

Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have ~ Margaret Mead

coastmanflorida

Post Number: 3

Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 04:15 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think that I finally get the "DRIFT", Ingot 54. I really don't expect to hear or want to hear anything but the truth. So, point well taken. I assume - if I may - that you are a trader, and probably very successful. What and when do you trade? ASSUMING, that you are at liberty to pass on such information.........Thanks...........Bill

ingot54

Post Number: 2265

Rating: 
Votes: 3

Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 07:17 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bill

I am not usually abrupt with people - especially new members, and I apologise for that. Welcome to Incredible Charts forum. Most of the discussion here is centred around equities, with the occasional thread on other instruments.

I spent a few weeks investigating the E-minis, and corresponded with Andrew Barnett (he branched out on his own with at least 2 other companies, both doing similar things). I spent some time in the TI Trading Room, but remained unconvinced that E-Minis were a viable option for myself. I was left with the feeling that once I paid my money, I was still on the hook for ongoing outlays (platforms fees, data fees, commissions and so on) so I cut it right there. I like a bit more control than that.

Further investigations on other forums (Google for them) that discussed TI, did not uncover any convincing testimonies from current users singing any praises - on the contrary.

I too am only interested in the truth in trading, so we are on a good footing. There is a lot of hubris amongst some forum memberships on some forums, but it is a non-issue on this one - members will usually be supportive, provided you do some research yourself, and don't ask to be handed that famous fabled chalice!

In answer to your question and assumption:

1) Yes, I am a trader, and my chosen instrument is Forex, in which I have been active now for over 6 years. prior to that I was trading equities, then CFD's - both not too successfully, and with the expected amount of satisfaction that went with that result.

But I decided that I am not a loser, and dug deep to find the truth about trading. I have. I have also had some serious up ... and some serious downs. All part of getting it together.

2) Regarding my success: My annual taxation submission has not mentioned previously that I am a trader, but this year it does. The transition has cost me quite a lot of dollars, but persistence and self-honesty pays off.

3) Regarding WHEN I trade Forex: The daily charts I use close at GMT 00:00 which equates to GMT +10:00 - my local time here in Eastern Australia. I usually turn on the computer at 9am and eyeball up to 14 Currency charts.

On my charts I have 2 moving averages. In a sub-window I have one indicator. I am aware from the previous day(s) which currencies are getting "ripe" to make an entry, and I have them on a watch-list. I usually annotate each chart with details of what I need to see, and where I see the price heading at this time.

After going through all charts, I take a quick look at Gold and Silver to give me an idea of whether the markets are "risk-on" or "risk-off" but I do not trade these metals.

After the new daily price bar/candle opens, I make my trading decisions, and act on them. By 10:30am I am done for the next 23 hours, and get on with my life. That, to me, is what "trading" is about.

I am not about to post publicly how I am trading, but I can tell you a few things openly about how I believe traders need to begin:

1) Start with the Daily time frame in whatever instrument you choose. Attempting to trade the intra-day markets is more difficult, and more time-consuming, and instead of giving you the time-freedom it was designed to do, it will actually enslave you to the keyboard and screen.

2) Use a bare minimum of indicators. If you are using more than a couple of moving averages and one - maybe two other indicators, then your focus is deflected from what the market is doing and more onto what your indicators are saying, and whether they agree or conflict. Unwise.

3) Find someone who is doing it and copy them. Asking for assistance as you have, is a very big step. Be willing to handle the answers.

4) Be patient - there may be no trades for 10 days. But when this happens, there are often some very big moves that run for days. Patience is the only quality I know of, apart from luck, that can prepare you to take advantage of these moves when they occur.

That is enough about that stuff for now. I made over 1560 pips from 4th July to 17th July. Since then there have been only a few entries valid, and a couple of them were false, costing me over 300 pips to find out. Next week I am expecting the setups to hand over about 2000 pips in the five pairs that look promising.

But what I expect, and what can eventuate, are two different things. My job is to follow my strategy, and then be the manager of that situation. If I manage well, I get paid.

I am not trading full contracts yet - I trade for between $2 and $5 per pip. But I don't feel the need to move up to higher stakes either. I am contented.

There is nothing on earth more satisfying, than to experience the enlightenment and exhilaration that comes with a breakthrough, after years of persistence with the dream, and the struggle to understand the way markets work.

I feel I am still a fledgling and have heaps more to learn. I also do not think I am going to continue to take big pips from the markets as a matter of course, just by playing my strategy. On the other hand, I will simply play it until the markets change, or I evolve a better approach.

So far I am lucky. The markets are obliging.

What strikes me hard is that I have been looking at this same method since 2007, but kept flitting in and out of intra-day trading.

If I made any error in my journey, it was that. The best advice I can give is to stick to the higher TF and persist with ONE SINGLE method, until you MASTER THAT STRATEGY.

Never underestimate the value of sim trading (demo) because through that you develop confidence.

If you have fear in trading - fear of loss, fear of missing out, fear of pulling the trigger and on and on ... you do not need a psychologist.

You only need confidence and trust in your strategy, that is all.

Here is a chart of GBPCHF Daily TF. If you can see the trend, you can make money trading it.

Best wishes

Ivan

GBPCHF Daily

qed
Username: qed

Post Number: 138

Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 11:37 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IVAN ....WOW ... u sure ur not me?.... ripper post m8... pity this is not live chat we could get some of the traders in here caring and sharing. cheers Q

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»