Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
GAP between MACD 26:12 vs MACD 26:12:9 Signal Linerubber13-Nov-09  06:00 am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
pennywise75
Username: pennywise75

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, August 04, 2008 - 03:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Howdy

I have spend a bit of time effort and capital trying to find a "system" that suits my needs

After going almost full circle I leaning towards a 5,21,63 day EMA (as preset F5)
I am still in the process of back testing but I think my enter signal will be the 21 MA and exit will be the 5 day
The 63 MA is to get an overall idea as to where the trend is heading, if its looking bullish only longs can be taken

I work full time and have a young family, so the time factor plays a huge part. An I hope this system will give me a better then 60% hit rate

Any thoughts about a filter that could help out with this plan?

The rest of my plan is capital management..

"I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me"

rastus81
Username: rastus81

Post Number: 18

Saturday, August 29, 2009 - 06:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found an interesting quote about Trading systems by Glenn Neely.

It would seem, that we need to change our style according to what the market is doing. (I have edited it to hopefully suit the forum rules)

No matter who you are, no matter what approach, technology or system you use, you can only trade in one of three ways...

1. Trend Following (buy on strength, sell on weakness)
2. Top/Bottom Picking (sell into new highs, buy into new lows)
3. Bargain Hunting (buy on pull backs of an uptrend, sell on rallies during a downtrend)

Most people, consciously or subconsciously, pick only ONE of the above three strategies; then, they try to get the market to "behave" and fit their trading style. THAT is the reason most do not consistently make money trading. Each strategy is effective only about 1/3 of the time. When your preferred approach does not fit current market conditions, you will lose money (or breakeven) about 2/3's of the time.

The ONLY way to overcome this problem is to learn to adapt your trading style as the market demands it. ********** You need to know exactly how to place stops based on which trading "style" is most effective in the current environment. If a market is trending, your stops and exits must be different (no matter what the count is) than if the market were in a "bargain hunting" or "top/bottom picking" environment.

fuller
Username: fuller

Post Number: 1

Monday, June 28, 2010 - 05:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

at first you should train your psychology i thinnk

danielc
Username: danielc

Post Number: 148

Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 10:58 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fuller wrote on Monday, June 28, 2010 - 05:10 pm:

at first you should train your psychology i thinnk

I think u are very rite.. and isent funny that even when we do.. our mind set still stuffs it up..Heard a good story about Kerry Packer once.. very strong minded person ..wouldnt u agree??would change his abt the same thing 4 times in one day.. I trade currencys and i know my mind set has to be rite or i may as well pee in the wind.. example last night..

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Brokersblumenei03-Sep-10  07:38 pm
Market Mechanism Changesblumenei51 10 04-Aug-10  05:28 pm
Gary Stone's Sharewealth Systemspaulh19-Jul-10  06:09 pm
Safety stops and the flash crashjaded03-Jul-10  04:40 pm
Advice on stock picking system please.ken16-Jun-10  09:54 pm
Momentum Tradingalex_lyall44 14-Jun-10  06:39 pm