Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
alex_lyall
Username: alex_lyall

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 - 07:23 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I came across this when browsing the asx site.
It is about new orders they are proposing to provide, i'm brand new at this but find the "Undisclosed" and "Pre-Trade anonymity orders are hidden " underhanded to say the least. Unless I'm completely misreading it?

• Centre Point Crossing?

• Undisclosed Order

• Iceberg Order.
A more detailed technical description of these order types can be found in the ITS Open Interface
Manual and the ITS Open Interface Bulletins which are available on the ASX website:
www.asx.com.au/asxtrade
Centre Point Order®
Centre Point Order® (Market) and Centre Point Order® (Limit)
A Centre Point Order® enables execution at the prevailing midpoint of the best bid and offer
of the ASX Central Limit Order Book (CLOB). These anonymous orders transact independently
of the CLOB and will only transact with another Centre Point Order®.
Features of the Centre Point Order®:

• Pre-trade anonymity – orders are hidden

• Day-only orders
• No minimum size requirements
• Two different order types; limit and market
}

P.S How does one highlight and underscore etc on these posts?

profitable trading

Alex [newbie]
}

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 202

Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 05:47 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi alex,
posts get lost when they're sub posts,in this case in BruceV's Momemtum.

Anyway,alex,you as a self confessed newbie I don't think is too wise or productive to go delving into the minituae of the ASX site as you have done above.

There's jargon and activities by Brokers/Institutions that you are not equipped to discipher.

Basically,alex there are all these codes and things revealed on Brokers Screens that we,mere mortals,are not privy too.Certainly your $20 a trade at Commsec does not include such esoteric info.

I realise you reading this at the ASX may appear to reveal some Wild Conspiracy backed by the d'Authorities.
Scary Jargon,isn't it? but mostly it's about Mechanism for After Close Transfers,something you may never do.

Iceberg Orders is an 'interesting' term.
Remind me to tell you about Uboats one day.

Anyway Alex re Underlining-See the third Icon from the left,top left corner of Post?U
Depress that to Start Underling and Release it to stop.
ALEX
how's d'currency ploying going?

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

alex_lyall
Username: alex_lyall

Post Number: 12

Monday, June 14, 2010 - 06:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks jaded for your continued wise counseling
I am getting a clearer understanding of what i need to 'master' in order to make money from trading, Forex or other.
So my journey of comprehension and understanding is moving along. I am resisting "getting onto the potty" until i am clear about setups, triggers, ratios, risk, exits and so on. Two steps forwards and one back seems to be the norm presently. However i am patient and sure that i need to crawl, walk and then run. Happy trading!}

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 00 01 02 03 04 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»