Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
ehmu
Username: ehmu

Post Number: 262

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 12:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

About 50% of a persons success in choosing stocks has to do with staying with the trend, so it is wise to stay tuned to when the probabilities begin to change.

The indexes (larger cap) are controlled mainly by institutional investors, and institutional traders. They can exit their positions (rebalance their portfolios) in a heartbeat.

The three charts below, DOW, SPX and XII are all only looking like a soft patch, simply pulling back to the 13ema, and approaching 50% of their recent trading ranges.

I would say that without looking at the broader markets that these trends would likely continue. However, the broader markets have already started to break down, and as momentum builds to the down side, eventually gravity will rule all.

On my next post, I include charts of Value line (fvl), Overal (vti), and Russell 2000 (iwm) as examples of how the broad markets have already started to break down.

I noticed that it was these smaller cap markets that lead the way up on this rally, and I speculate that they will lead on the way down.

_____ n a m a s t e

This post is NOT a recommendation to buy or sell securities.

ehmu

Post Number: 263

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 12:57 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

About 50% of a persons success in choosing stocks has to do with staying with the trend, so it is wise to stay tuned to when the probabilities begin to change.

The indexes (larger cap) are controlled mainly by institutional investors, and institutional traders. They can exit their positions (rebalance their portfolios) in a heartbeat.

The three charts below, DOW, SPX and XII are all only looking like a soft patch, simply pulling back to the 13ema, and approaching 50% of their recent trading ranges.

I would say that without looking at the broader markets that these trends would likely continue. However, the broader markets have already started to break down, and as momentum builds to the down side, eventually gravity will rule all.

On my next post, I include charts of Value line (fvl), Overal (vti), and Russell 2000 (iwm) as examples of how the broad markets have already started to break down.

I noticed that it was these smaller cap markets that lead the way up on this rally, and I speculate that they will lead on the way down.

_____ n a m a s t e

ehmu

Post Number: 264

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 02:49 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Russell indexes.

Even with more than 6,000 publicly traded U.S. stocks, the Russell 3000 Index confines itself to the 3,000 most actively traded shares and is divided into the Russell 1000 and Russell 2000 sub-indexes. The Russell 3000 Index represents the price of the top tier of the domestic equity market, or companies with market values greater than $300 million, which usually comprise approximately 90 percent of the market. The Russell 2000 Index represents the second tier of U.S. equities, or companies with market values between $20 million and $300 million, which account for approximately 8 to 9 percent of the total market.

_____ n a m a s t e

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»