Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
trevorburdon
Username: trevorburdon

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, February 22, 2011 - 07:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have an interest in leveraging my SMSF exposure using instalment warrants.

I have had some very trying conversations with RBS employees who seem oblivious to any practical way of assessing potential returns. Even though they are selling a product they have been surprised to discover on my advice that many of the SFIs are in fact loss making at their current interest rates! Furthermore they are unwilling or reluctant to divulge long-term averages for interest charges or related sector performance that they use in their 12 month forecasts. To add insult they tell me they have no full term models and its not worth their time to confirm mine. They more make more on institutional placements than ever having to reflect on how it works (if at all) in a practical way for their customers.

You might notice I have uncovered significant malaise in the finance industry! In setting up my SMSF I have discovered the very real disembodiment and 'no care' attitude of the many finance professionals.

If anyone is interested I would like to participate in confirming an instalment performance model. Am happy to share the outcome here.

[Please do not post email addresses on the forum -- they will be picked up by spam robots, rendering the address useless. Colin]

Sincerely Trevor Burdon

(Message edited by colin_twiggs on February 23, 2011)

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 999

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 06:05 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those interested in self-managed super funds. Warrick Hanley of SMSF Education has contributed an article on SMSF borrowing via instalment warrants -- which I will circulate this weekend via the What's New newsletter.

Regards, Colin

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 216

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 08:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Colin,
sounds exciting I look forward to the article
cheers

Would you rather be right or happy?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»