Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
jimdene54
Username: jimdene54

Post Number: 19

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 10:06 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two years ago I was at the depths of my finances having lost nearly $100,000 trading cfd's in a sideways trend, I decided to put the remaining $100,000 into term deposits as I had lost my will to continue trading.
The reason that I lost this amount, was trading in a sideways trend which lasted for months, but mainly by panicking and puting too high stops into stocks that were in a negative trade.
It may have been more luck than judgement, but I decided to re-enter in the early part of last year, and have doubled my $100,000 up to yesterday, thanks to Twiggs Momentum Oscillator and the use of MACD, a method mocked by a long gone, thankfully, contributer to this forum
Of course it is easy to trade as the river rises on high tides, but I cannot imagine how I could have gone from 5110,000 to $200,000 without the use of Twiggs money and MACD
Thank you Colin for an invaluable tool.
Things are looking rosy at present, I am no longer afraid of the dreaded big bad red candle, in fact I look forward to short trading, which I haven't done before

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1670

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 05:54 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jim,

I think many traders have gone through a similar experience. What time frame are you using for Twiggs Momentum?

Regards,
Colin

jimdene54

Post Number: 20

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 11:53 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin, I use Twiggs momentum oscillator: Dy 21 not for any reason other than this is what came up when I selected my indicators. Do you have another preference?
Hello Mark, good to hear from you again. You were a good supporter back in my dark days and I really appreciated that.
I donít know how to put up charts and so I will try to explain my trading by typing.
Out of ASX 200, I found 130 were worth keeping an eye on.
I use MACD: Dy 26:12 with a signal Dy 26:12.9
After the signal has dropped below Dy 26:12 and histograph is above the zero line, I then wait to see if traders are going in via Twiggs money steady rise.
If the signal line goes above Dy26:12 and the histograph below zero, I donít necessarily take this as an exit sign as long as twiggs money isnít in decline
I also use Simple MA:Dy:200 EMA Dy:30 and Simple MA:Dy10 for a trading zone in between the 10 SMA and 30 EMA. This is where I look for signs of reversal

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 352

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 05:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jimdene54

My sincere congratulations for backing yourself, and for having the inner fortitude to implement your own newly created method of trading. No, it is not luck, but your judgement and trading acumen (amongst many other personal traits) that has resulted in your achievements to date. You can only be 'lucky' so often.

Thank you for posting what is often not talked about in these forums. You have shared what perhaps is one of the most important lessons that I have learned the hard way as well in trading. Develop your own strategy and if it works great, but if it doesn't then either change it or dump it. Take a breather, re-group, pick the timing (well as best you can) and then go for it with belief and discipline. (lol If only it was that easy we would have all retired by know).

One of the best posts I have read here on IC. A Champion effort

Best Wishes
GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 593

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 07:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jimdene,
I would also like to echo all the members sentiment's and congratulate you on this post, your willingness to share in detail your amazing courage of the challenges in trading.
Many Thanks for your Inspiration and as GameFisherman said "Your a Champion"
Cheers and Best Wishes
George

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

jimdene54

Post Number: 21

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 09:53 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gamefisherman and George
Thank you very much for your kind responses, it is very much appreciated

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1671

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 10:17 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jim,

You mention Twiggs Momentum but also Twiggs Money Flow. Are you using both or just one of them?

jimdene54

Post Number: 22

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 10:32 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just Twiggs momentum Oscillator: Dy 21 Colin

dved
Username: dved

Post Number: 1

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 03:35 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Do Stop Losses Really Work?scarlettsmith69474 04-Sep-19  09:31 pm
Short selling, what is it and how do you do it...rockon18-Jul-19  05:23 am
Twiggs Momentum Oscillatordydavo13 16-Jul-19  07:44 pm
I.C. Mobile App... an incredible oportunity presents...colin_twiggs37 19-Feb-18  11:02 am
Divergencespdfgh26-Jan-18  11:37 am
Trade Entry/Exit - Dollar Cost Averagingshadetreetrader41 09-Sep-17  07:49 am
Timeframe For Intraday Tradingqed07-Jun-16  10:57 pm
Weinstein Revisitedhailoh33 31-Jan-16  06:00 pm
Market Filter/Switchshadetreetrader15 03-Jan-15  02:10 pm
Redline Trading Systemcolin_twiggs02-Mar-13  02:37 pm
DMI billcu13-Feb-13  03:55 pm
Low Volatility Up-Trendfibonacci13 22-Jan-13  04:03 pm
Meansbillcu21-Jan-13  06:43 am
Risk Management: The 2% (or 1%) Rulesway50 20-Jan-13  06:21 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 Next Last