Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
dydavo
Username: dydavo

Post Number: 377

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 08:58 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It has only taken 15 years of trading (via 2 bear markets, a GFC, and a mining boom) to find the holy grail imo.
My buy signal for stocks is to look for new crosses up above the 15% TMO, with a tight stop right there in case wrong. Review volumes, gaps etc to confirm the signal (which might be a breakout or a trend continuation). I use the same 15% TMO for tight stops thereafter.I put the SL order on when the stock hits that TMO 15% area again.
I have shared scans for results with and without 52 week highs accompanying the scan results.
The logic at 12 mth highs is that if I am going to buy stocks, I should concentrate on the best movers with no supply (sellers) nearby.

All I need now is a scan for those stocks which cross above the 15% (and others) line in 9999 days. Any chance Colin please?

For indices, it seems that the logical support area for the stop loss/ line in the sand is the 0% TMO.

Cheers to all. Topping up a few cobalt stocks today that meet the TMO criteria.

David
Momentum trading for a living.

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column are mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It should not be taken as advice.Any share discussion is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Shares might be sold without notice. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2178

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 09:08 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi David,
What time frame do you use for the TMO?
You can currently search for TMO Value > 15% but what you need are new additions to the list, if I understand you correctly.

We are currently laying out the foundations for a new stock screen with user-input indicator values and were planning to cease development on the existing platform. Let me think about it over the weekend to see if I can come up with anything that could narrow your search for new TMO 15% crosses.

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

dydavo

Post Number: 378

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 09:28 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's great - thanks Colin. The TMO time period that I use is 15 days. Did you know that marketinout provides TMF Colin?

The other point of TMO interest is that in long consolidations, TMO 15 days at or near 0% should represent the end of the consolidation; make or break time.

Example right now is LOV on the ASX. It got down to near 0% 3 days ago (28 Nov 2017). There has been a strong candle and a gap up in the last 2 days, which has to be encouraging.
The "strong enough to risk $$$ on" signal was late August 2017, as below.

LOV with TMO 15 days

David

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column are mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It should not be taken as advice.Any share discussion is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Shares might be sold without notice. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

dydavo

Post Number: 379

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 09:31 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, and yes, a scan for 15 TMO crossover of 15% would be just great thanks Colin!

David

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2179

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 10:18 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dave,

We publish the formula for TMF and give permission for other charting packages to use it provided they link back to the source.

Momentum troughs at/above zero normally make good entry points. The higher the trough, the stronger the trend. Too high though, may warn of a buying climax (blowoff).

Have you considered using LT Momentum (e.g. TMO 250Day > 40%) as a trend filter?

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

dydavo

Post Number: 380

Friday, December 01, 2017 - 10:25 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes indeed - thx for the feedback. I have not been using TMO 250 day, but have popped it on now to see how much it contributes.
Cheers

David/Dave

David

dydavo

Post Number: 429

Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 09:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have reduced the criteria in my 21 day TMO scan for potential new buys to a cross above 5%. Shared scan 99335 does that. I'm hoping to get into the new moves earlier by changing this criterion.

All new crosses are for consideration, and I find those by using the daily scan. The crossover needs to take into sector, volumes, gaps, medium term/long term trends, etc etc.

The first cross is often (not always!!) followed by a sideways consolidation and then a new cross above 5%.

An example now is ORE.AX which has has just crossed the 5% line with gaps and a strong candle. Its got my attention.

David

dydavo

Post Number: 431

Sunday, May 20, 2018 - 09:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In shared scan 99335 it is also possible to find the strongest sectors by ranking the list in order from highest VALUE (an of average daily dollar x price turnover). The new cross above TMO21d of 5% will also signal a new sector with momentum when the scan is scheduled each day.

David

shadetreetrader
Username: shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1083

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 08:53 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice work David, it would be interesting if you listed the results of that sector scan on a daily or weekly basis.

It might be a good way to reveal sector rotation in action.

Pay no attention to the financial press, their opinions and theories change like the wind. Pay no attention to self-proclaimed financial gurus who only reveal their buys and sells in hindsight.
Do not take my posts as stock recommendations or advice, do your own research.

dydavo

Post Number: 432

Monday, May 21, 2018 - 11:15 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good idea David. I have shared scan 99386 which lists all the ASX indices and sectors by 21 day value of TMO.

Current range is -12 to +13.

Any move to above 0 in these indices/sectors will get my attention in future. The question then is - which stock/s are leading the pack in the sector with the new positivity?
An entry in my diary will do the job of record keeping.

David

dydavo

Post Number: 449

Saturday, March 16, 2019 - 05:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A refinement of my TMO scan for strongly performing stocks is Shared screen 103778
I then use RSI 14 and 4 days to confirm either a new short term uptrend, or a likely continuation of a move up (after they have pulled back or consolidated sideways).

David

scarlettsmith694
Username: scarlettsmith694

Post Number: 42

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 06:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eden Innovation Ltd. (ASX: EDE) declared an extension of the scope of first federally funded highway repair project in Twiggs County, Georgia that includes the use of EdenCrete.

ScarlettSmith

dydavo

Post Number: 455

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 07:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It does sound like a company with prospects Scarlet. Great to see more ASX small caps with international operations.
It came up yesterday on my scan for stocks with TMO 13 day of more than 15%, and with a daily turnover (Value) of more than $300000. Long today at 0.063. I might have to watch it consolidate sideways a bit now, but can be patient.

My recent trading/investing only in the strongest trending stocks has been very satisfying. Shared scan is 105722. Try to buy these stocks during pauses, and get into them as early in their new strong trend. I tend to look for new strength after the first pause, but I decided to latch onto EDE just after its breakout.

David

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Do Stop Losses Really Work?scarlettsmith69474 04-Sep-19  09:31 pm
Short selling, what is it and how do you do it...rockon18-Jul-19  05:23 am
I.C. Mobile App... an incredible oportunity presents...colin_twiggs37 19-Feb-18  11:02 am
Divergencespdfgh26-Jan-18  11:37 am
Trade Entry/Exit - Dollar Cost Averagingshadetreetrader41 09-Sep-17  07:49 am
Timeframe For Intraday Tradingqed07-Jun-16  10:57 pm
Weinstein Revisitedhailoh33 31-Jan-16  06:00 pm
I am no longer afraiddved15-Aug-15  03:35 am
Market Filter/Switchshadetreetrader15 03-Jan-15  02:10 pm
Redline Trading Systemcolin_twiggs02-Mar-13  02:37 pm
DMI billcu13-Feb-13  03:55 pm
Low Volatility Up-Trendfibonacci13 22-Jan-13  04:03 pm
Meansbillcu21-Jan-13  06:43 am
Risk Management: The 2% (or 1%) Rulesway50 20-Jan-13  06:21 pm

Threads by Last Post Time: