Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
ingot54
Username: ingot54

Post Number: 1950

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 03:20 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This thread is dedicated to the discussion of Multiple Moving Averages and multiple time-frame views of the Foreign Exchange Charts.

I will chiefly use the Rainbow charts and a multiple time-frame STOCHASTIC.

I have been able to chart over 20 different Stochastics in one window.

And I will be attempting to uncover similar indicators which will also lend themselves to this method.

More later (when I have access to my charts).

Keep Smiling - Don't look back

Trading style: Chartist Artist _ Breakouts and Shakeouts.

ingot54

Post Number: 1951

Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 09:17 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope the comparison of the 4 charts below show the benefit of the Rainbow charts - that the reader will see past the pretty coloured bands - and recognise just what the charts are saying regarding the trend.

These immediate two charts are of the AUDUSD over the period 19th January 2007 to present day.

My main point here is that the charts can more quickly alert a trader to a strong or weak trend, reversal or random and chaotic price action - indecisive movement.

I begin to think that someone's Central Bank is setting a ceiling or supporting their currency when I see such violent sideways moves after a strong trend. Who knows ... it is really just a sign to wait until they go away and allow the trend to reassert itself.

AUDUSD1

AUDUSD2

The 1H view over a couple of days or one week again clearly shows the difference the MMA's can make to seeing the background trend.

I have saved a couple of these charts as .GIF and they have reproduced poorly. The next hopefully the .png ones will be clearer. Anyway - early in the thread - I will be improving the reproduction next time.

A later post will show the MTF (Multiple Time Frame) Stochastics - a work in progress. They were not my idea, but I thought they complemented the Rainbows brilliantly.

We'll keep them for later.

AUDUSD3

AUDUSD4

ingot54

Post Number: 1952

Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 09:38 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a trade I entered with absolute confidence.

The trend was clear and the pips were there for the harvest. A mature trader probably might have harvested double the number of pips, but I added to the position on the way, and the trade is still open, so I am quite pleased with myself at this stage of my preparation for full-time trading.

I used the 30-min and 15-min TF to pick entry, but sometimes you have to just plunge right in.

My goal is the enter heaps of these trending trades, (ie like the USDCAD too) and just ride them along for weeks on end - as long as the LT trend remains intact.

The chart below shows other entries, and you will appreciate I missed better entries because I was not at the screen.

Have to hit the hay - night shift leaves me ragged, and am working again tonight.

Feel free to post commentary.

Just looking ast the chart below in preview ... the second and third positions are barely visible (dotted green lines very faint), but the markers are clear on the LHS of the chart.

USDJPY

ingot54

Post Number: 1953

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 03:00 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you ever wanted to have a written plan - here is one from which to model your own.

I have adapted the one from the link below for myself, which I am using for my FOREX trading. I am certain you can soon flesh-out a workable plan for your own trading activities, whether equities, Indices, CFD's and so on.

The principles remain the same.

Remember, this is YOUR plan - no one twists your arm, so be flexible at first until you feel comfortable that you have molded it and made it your own. Then when you have the basics, remember to refine and improve, and DO have a weekly "Wash-up" of your activity, discussing these things with an empathetic friend ot mentor.

Due respect and acknowledgement needs to be given to the author of this brilliant piece of work.

I recommend you visit the site and read through much more informative articles than this one at:

http://www.trading-plan.co.uk/forex-trading-plan.htm

If you already have a workable trading plan, feel free to use this thread to share it, or suggest additions to this one etc.

________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________

My Online Forex Trading Plan

My Overall Objective

In the next five years I plan to retire. In order to help plan for my loss of salary, I have decided to begin trading foreign exchange to develop a small, but growing income stream which will be secondary at present, but which will be a replacement for my salary when I do leave my job. I will continue to keep working full time at present. My trading analysis and decisions will be done in the evenings and weekends.

My Strategy

I plan to start my trading with a cash sum of $10,000. If during the course of my initial trading, I exceed my targets then I will consider adding further funds. I propose to trade in currency using an on line FX broker and will be trading both long and short.

Currency Selection

I will only trade the the major currency pairs using a mini account as follows :

1. GBP/USD
2. EUR/USD
3. EUR/GBP
4. USD/CHF
5. USD/JPY
6. GBP/JPY
7. EUR/JPY
8. GBP/CHF
9. AUD/USD
10.USD/CAD
11.NZD/JPY
12.AUD/GBP

Trades will be selected using a technical approach
Trades will be selected using hourly, daily and weekly charts
Trades will be selected using candle analysis, support and resistance levels, and simple moving averages.

Trading Rules

I will use the following rules :

1. Every trade that I open will have a stop loss in place
2. I will always place the stop loss at the same time as my trade
3. I will never lower my stop loss
4. Maximum trade size to be one mini contract
5. I will determine the weekly trend before making a trading decision
6. I will not enter trades against the weekly trend
7. I will not exceed 10:1 leverage preferring 5:1 if available
8. My broker will be IG markets if the leverage available is compatible with this plan
9. I will write down my rules in an unambiguous form

Money Management

My money management rules will be dictated by the following rules.

1. The maximum loss per trade to be 5% of capital
2. The maximum number of open trades at one time to be 5
3. Stop loss to be set at 200 pips below market price

Trading Targets

I feel that a return of 50% on my trading capital should be achievable in the first year after costs. I have divided this into 12 equal amounts giving a monthly target of $420.

If I can repeat this consistently I will be doing better then most and can always factor the amounts up as my experience grows. I would be happy of this target is achieved in less than 12 months.

A target of $420 per month for the first 12 months or a total of $5000 for the year. This equates to 5000 pips of profit in the year. On a full account this would equate to $50,000 of profit trading single contracts.

Trading Records

I will keep a trading diary every day
I will keep a trading journal record of each trade including the following:

Currency Pair
Price bought or sold
Position of stop loss
Time trade opened
Time trade closed
Profit or loss on the trade
A chart showing entry/exit if possible for further examination later

A daily balance of the overall account position, including cash in the account and open positions value
A weekly summary of the total capital at risk
A monthly P/L summary of closed trades

At the end of each trading week I will summarise my activity and set guidelines designed to exploit strengths and minimise weaknesses in my trading rules.

This will prevent repetition of error, and boost confidence and skill

I will discuss my activities with a colleague or mentor each week in order to improve my strike rate

ingot54

Post Number: 1954

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 08:46 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C'mon Lafee ... I don't mind your company.

That USDJPY trade closed out at my Take Profit order set before I left for work. All three positions closed at 114.27 early Monday morning on the gap down at open. Pip count = 386.

I hardly get excited about it anymore. Even leaving a further 200 pips behind didn't worry me - I played my rules and I'm happy with what I was given.

Had I been watching the action, I could have coasted along with it and harvested what was falling on the floor.

But I have said before: "Work is th' curse of th' tradin' man"

Most fun you can have without laughing ... it's been a long time since I was 26 and I do get my jollies out of this!

Unfortunately I have yet to master the art of reproducing good charts from the MT4 platform, but the gist of the pic is clear - prove the trend then ride it hard.

GBPJPY

msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 1089

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 08:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't tell me Ivan , you have found a way to make money.
Thats " Incredible "
I am still donating with tax deductible loss's to my IG cfd provider, in 1 minute and tick mode, when i get a chance.
It cost me $500 for a quick pee and a coffee the other night.

I still remember when Colin put up a currency chart of us and ozy dollar and said the target was 90 cents or something, quite a while ago.
Laffee scoffed and laughed but i have not heard his apology yet ? ha ha
Way back in those trading diaries somewhere, good ole Collin eh.

So you are a long termer Ivan with lots of cash, i like it, rainbow charts, comby van, head for Byron Bay and see what happened to all the free lovers of a past life, they all got greedy, sold land and made millions, while long term sitting around smokin pot & lovin each other.

ingot54

Post Number: 1955

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 12:04 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the thread Mark ... as if you need a welcome - door to my office is always open for you!

You won't find any street cred up here - just blue sky and fresh air!

I imagine there are plenty of smiles at the charts - friendly little fellas aren't they!

But if you just look AT the charts, that's all you will see - Psychedelia and Carnivale. By the end of this thread, I hope to have converted a few of those anonymous smirks to raised eyebrows, and converted the sceptical to believers.

Currently strapped for time and posting from workplace. But patience Bro, patience. You ain't seen nuttin' yet!

You will see the Multi-Time-Frame Stochastics.
And the MTF RSI.
The MTF CCI (perhaps).

And for those who are still with me after that, who knows ... !

I hope you like the Trading Plan Template above ... I'll bet you don't have one! Fewer than 5% of traders do use one ... strangely coincidental that around the same number consistently succeed at trading.

Every trader has a setup that is "owned" by them - it has their personal touch. I like to view FX pairs over weekly/Daily/4H and 1H time frames. I just look for trend ... little else.

Once I spot a stable-looking move, I look at the other indicators like Stochastics in each TF. When 3-out-of-4 of them line up, the trade can usually be short-listed, and if a pull-back has occurred an entry is usually not far away.

Once in the trade, I switch to longer TF and cruise. So long as the underlying trend (as big as Monthly, but generally Weekly) is intact, I couldn't care less about 'noise'.

It is true that the smaller trends grow into larger trends which eventually become THE trend if they continue, but unless these are shown to be turning points at support/resistance, it is fairly safe to work the other way around - believe the Long Term trend, and see the Short Term trend as 'noise'.

Other 'secrets' include using LOW leverage, WIDE stops and only ONE lot (at least early in the trade). Later if the move looks like being sustained, you could scale-in or pyramid into more lots, but this will depend on your philosophy.

ie: some prefer to buy 3 lots and scale-out as the position makes ground, and once the capital has been re-gained by off-loading part of the position, tighten the stops and allow the rest of the position to ride for free.

Anyway mark - I could ramble forever on this. At the end of the day one needs to discover the "aha" moment for one-self.

Drop in again some-time - the Ring-Master is always at home in this Rainbow world! (I was going to say "circus" but thought I'd better not!)

ingot54

Post Number: 1956

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 12:42 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mark - if you like 1 minute and 5 minute charts, you also need to be aware of Support/Resistance, and need to have the Long Term trend in view because eventually the LT trends do reassert themselves.

When that happens, that's the time you will harvest a bonanza of pips. Try it.

That's pretty much what I do, but LT - up to a couple of weeks for a trade to mature sometimes. It's like watching paint dry ... but when the trend reasserts itself (much like the AUDUSD will be doing this week) look out! The pips will overflow your account! It's satisfying to see the trends re-align themselves with their LT direction.

The USDCAD is another one of those - look for pullbacks like it is having/has just had, and hold on to your hat.

It is taking a long time for people to realise we are witnessing the demise of the US dollar - the end of an age so to speak, that has lasted more than 200 years.

The "old" money of Europe will win the day - not that they want to, but along with the move away from the USA as world's monetary standard, there are going to be some incredible opportunities. Fortunately for us, our currency is stable at the moment.

I am concerned that in the long term - in maybe 5 years, we may be on the same spiral as the USA because we do not have a manufacturing-based economy - only boom-bust commodity cycles. Our wheat/wool/cotton livestock production - the other things the rest of the world buys from us - is subject to drought conditions ... and floods ... and ...!

In the meantime - find the trends ... and ride them along.

ingot54

Post Number: 1969

Saturday, October 27, 2007 - 05:49 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trying to save the MT4 screenshots in a way that they will reproduce clearly - have tried .png .gif .jpg and the bit colours and so on ... no success.

The best I can do is to take screen-shots and cut them up in "Paint" prog.

This is the Multi-Time-Frame Stochastics I was speaking about. Ignore the colours other than to know that the RED are longer term and the BLUE are the shorter.

The tool is constructed beginning from a default 5-3-3 and just adding 1 to each time frame like so:

5-3-3
6-3-3
7-3-3
8-3-3 ... right up to 24-3-3.

Why so many and why such a range?

When you use any charting package, you are restricted to the TF the charting provides. eg 5 minute / 15 minute / 30 min / 1H / 4H / Daily / Weekly etc.

The MTF Stochastics actually covers these no matter which TF you look at for the Main chart.

The advantage of having them is in the interpretation and understanding the pattern.

For example - looking at the shots below, you can see times where the Stochs are completely chaotic.

There are also times when they are completely aligned.

What would you expect the chart to look like when the lines are chaotic ... and when they are all aligned?

Unfortunately IC can not handle a full-size screen shot so I can not put the chart in with the stochs. But I will attempt to cut a piece of the chart and place it underneath for some kind of comparison.

Failing that I could somehow attach the chart via a downloadable link ... but I have forgotten how to do that. (Be glad of assistance if someone knows).

This first image goes with the third image below
MTF_Stochastics

This second image goes with the bottom (fourth) image
MTF_Stochastics2

Chart_1Chart_2

Hmmm. Looks miserable doesn't it.

I'll keep trying to get these charts to present a bit more clearly.

ingot54

Post Number: 1970

Saturday, October 27, 2007 - 06:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try this:

You can see in the segment below that the MTF_Stochs are tightly bound then become chaotic.

This was a section of the chart where the downtrend was extremely strong (4H chart). As the pair became range-bound the stochastics became chaotic again.

C_1

In this next shot, you can see that the stochs became organised again, as the pair rallied strongly.

C2

If you could view the entire chart as I have it, the idea would be very clear.

Might seem odd, but it is worth persevering here. I have added 5% to my a/c each week for the past 4 weeks. I will try to draw an equity curve of a/c balance.

Most of my pips have come from trades I entered on 4H to 1 Day charts while trading with the weekly trend.

This method is averaging 400 pips/week.

While I don't know if that will continue, all I can do is follow the trades thrown up by this method. A great deal of restraint is needed, but that kind of discipline pays off big time when the parameters line up.

It's very early days yet, but I am certain any professional (position trader that is, not scalpers) will understand this setup.

Equity "curve" below:

Equity

There are other ways - probably simpler - to view MTF stochastics. It is also possible to set up 4 different time-frames in the one window - a continuing comparison in all 4 TF is then available.

My method (which was inspired elsewhere - not my work) just allows you to see when the stochs are grouping tightly - indicating a strong move. It is then I confidently load up the position.

No doubt exit will always be a matter of personal choice ... as will entry. It is not the purpose of this thread to discuss the specifics of that.

What the combination of Rainbow charts, stochastics, and multiple TF can do, is assist the trader to maintain discipline, knowing that the setup will come eventually, and when it does, it can be traded strongly and confidently.

There are about a dozen major currencies - I can find one weekly trend somewhere that is ripe to yield its pips.

msparks

Post Number: 1093

Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 10:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ingot
Looks like you have a system that is working.

Images need to be 650 wide by about 395 deep in pixels.

Snaggit is the best screen shot programme i have found but there was a free one Colin mentioned before somewhere on the forum.
think this was it below, and its free for you (!)

We all know those cute little computer symbols called "emoticons," where:

:-) means a smile and

:-( is a frown.

Sometimes these are represented by

:-)

:-(

Well, how about some "ASSICONS?"
Here goes:

(_!_) a regular ass

(__!__) a fat ass

(!) a tight ass

(_*_) a sore ass

{_!_
a swishy ass

(_o_) an ass that's been around

(_x_) kiss my ass

(_X_) leave my ass alone

(_zzz_) a tired ass

(_E=mc2_) a smart ass

(_$_) Money coming out of his ass

(_?_) Dumb Ass

enigvista
Username: enigvista

Post Number: 114

Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 11:48 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivan,I like your charts.
very pretty as well,and if it works for you,that's
all you want.Do you trade the AUD/EURO at all?
Two month ago I got some Euros sent over to Australia,
and I have noticed how the exchange rate has moved strongly
since then in favour of the AUD.

that AUD/EURO curve might reveal more to you?

keep up the good work,
G

ingot54

Post Number: 1974

Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 01:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mark ... ... yeah ... the charts!

Usually I can manipulate through "Paint" quite well - cutting and pasting, changing from .gif to .jpg and .png - on one other forum I visit this is necessary because they can not display Incredible Charts .png charts without changing to the .gif or .jpg format.

It is a peculiarity of the MetaTrader4 platform charts it seems. When those are altered from their original format they go fuzzy and lose detail.

I did have "snaggit" in the past but ended up by deleting it as it threatened to bury me in an avalanche of adware and popups at that time. I normally use the "Control / Print Screen" function on the keyboard but even then the re-sizing disturbs the image.

The above charts were from screen shots which I then cut and saved so they comply with IC sizing requirements.

I will check the links again (www.gadwin.com) - may be just what I need.

Unsure what use I could have for those emoticons though ... do you have one for "working your ass off?"

ingot54

Post Number: 1975

Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 02:30 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Enigvista - the colours of the charts represent time frames - once you get used to them you can see the stability or change in a trend.

The Blue/Burgundy end is the Long Term trend, and the Yellow/Red end is the fastest action. It is great for getting into LT trends in a pullback.

I will look at the AUDEUR curve. One of the things I like about this setup: it is easy to quickly eyeball through charts and see which are trending and which are choppy.

I can switch between 30 min / 1H / Daily / Weekly etc with a click, and zoom out / in etc.

Then by using the MTF stochastics I can see if the TF are all lining up in one direction. I never worry about missing a move. If the stochastics are lining up, I can sometimes just jump in without waiting for a pullback, but don't have to usually.

Even if a pair escapes my attention (we all have to sleep) I just wait for another day. Knowing the trades come along 24/7 is great for impulsiveness - no need to force trades that are not there.

The thing about this is patience and discipline. Once you get into a trade, it needs to be monitored daily. Providing the LT trend is intact, a trade that has gone against you will come good, as the major trend reasserts itself.

This is the bit I am still refining - knowing when to cut losses and re-enter.

The problem is this: If a trade goes against you, and you get out of it, re-entry becomes very obscure. All you are then left with is the loss plus a guessing-game to get back into the major trend.

At some time I expect to get it wrong, and have set an arbitrary 200-pip stop-loss. But so far trend-trading is delivering pips. By accepting that there will be a draw-down, this has become profitable.

The way I trained myself to accept a drawdown was this: Grab a demo a/c and get into a trade.
Allow the positions to run any which way, and watch them closely.
Feel the emotions when a trade goes against you - but do not close it - allow it to run as hard as it likes.

The purpose is not to see how many demo a/c's you can blow up (I burned 3 of them doing this). The real value is to get you emotions under control.

It is possible to get to know your trading self this way ... but only to a limited degree. It depends on how much you really want to grow the a/c. If you say: "OK. I have $10k here, and I want to increase it by 1% / week, that is a reasonable target. Once you begin to achieve something like that, you begin to "own" the a/c. You begin to feel it when trades win for you, and when you lose.

That is the point where allowing bad trades to continue against you can really teach you about your feelings. I did this so many times, that a mate thought I was nuts. I told him I was "in training" and he said I should be training to win trades, not see how much I could lose.

Now it is a different story. That training WAS teaching me how to win. I saw these LT trends continually reasserting themselves. My losses all turned back to profits - sometimes over 5 weeks! (AUDCAD did this to me with one position!) and then heaps more. I got the trend right but the timing wrong. This is an ongoing issue for me.

The great thing is when that trend DOES reassert itself and the trade turns from loss to profit in one session! There is nothing like having a 150-pip loss turn into 400-pip win in 30 hours! It is not just that - the MTF stochastics alert you to this, and you then get the opportunity to load-up (scale-in or pyramid) the position, for a nice windfall.

Essentially a 1-lot trade of 350 pips can become 5-lot trade as the chickens come home to roost!

I know I am on to something with this Long Term approach, but the challenge is to become a better risk manager, and a better TA chartist in order to select higher probability entry/exits other than the arbitrary methods I use now.

BTW - I do use candle-stick charts - one of the things that also is very helpful is the candle with the very long tail. These are reversal candles and the longer the tail, the stronger (more violent) the reversal can be.

Standard reversal patterns lend themselves brilliantly to FX trading. I can click on the appropriate template and voila - another world!

ingot54

Post Number: 1976

Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 02:40 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW - my thanks to Lafee for his advice previously - he presented many trades earlier this year - mostly scalps I would say, but they had a marked effect on how I saw FX.

His suggestion to obtain the MetaTrader4 trading platform for this was a breakthrough. I now use the Interbankfx.com platform.

Hopefully in the future Incredible Charts will expand into this area.

But it will be like re-inventing the jet engine I think!

ingot54

Post Number: 1977

Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 05:31 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now we might be getting somewhere! This is as good as I can get it.

You see where the stochs bunch tightly together - they are in agreement about the trend ... therefore GO for the trade!

I have marked the range-bound section as "chaos" because the stochastics are all saying different things = no direction.

The 2 "ticks" in light green show where the down-trend is safe to trade.

The "down arrow" on the stochs window shows the bunched stochs again signaling a trade coming up. The "up arrow" on the chart vertically above it shows the price action as about to rally, and as such is a safe trade.

You can see the trend was not without some pull-backs, but the long-term trend is intact, and the stochastics are still favourable.

Now look at the stochs at the right hand end, where they are descending. They are spreading out, but not crossing each other like a fish-net. This means that the trend can still be trusted, despite the pullback and the change in trend of stochastics.

This is the art of trading, and I have spent countless hours at work on this. Countless.

All I can suggest is for you to try it yourself - perhaps just run the 10-3-3 and the 20-3-3 stochastics if you are unable to create the MTF ones.

Where I have written "Obey RED line" on the chart, it is identifying where the stochs come together and are telling you about the LT trend - it is stable and is the direction to trade.

Counter trend trading is something I do not do - it is far too early in my evolution as a trader to attempt it. I have yet to master scalping-type trades and avoid all but the clearest signals to scalp short trends.

audusd

(Message edited by ingot54 on October 28, 2007)

ingot54

Post Number: 1978

Monday, October 29, 2007 - 08:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is another trade I am presently in - sold off some position at "Take Profit" levels Saturday morning.

The charts show a nice retrospective picture, I did not pick up all the pips the chart shows ... would like to have done that of course.

As time goes by I will recognise these turning points ie stochastics turning up from under 20 level. But I am trading the correct trends ... just not quite getting into them early enough. No matter - it will improve!

The annotation on the chart is self-explanatory. The spreading out of the MTF stochastics is OK as long as the fish-net pattern does not appear. If it does, it means the time frames are not in agreeance, and it is time to exit.

You can see the strong red line - that represents the long term stochastics all in agreeance (lining up in one direction. This is very powerful - if you want further confirmation, you will find the candlestick charts support it too.

When the stochs are spreading out, but still moving in the same direction, it means very little - the trend will continue.

Later I will show how to recognise the signs in MTF stochastics that pre-empt a turn ie "A get-ready-to-trade" signal.

By the way - if you are trading equities, I would suggest this will work with them too. However, there is one rider ... stick to the ASX 200 for most consistent results. The cheapie miners are too easily manipulated and because of price/volume moves being volatile, they will usually not remain with their trends for long.

And right now, I would be looking at the Utilities sector for a good long term trade. This is where the unwanted equities begin their march - when the other sectors are being off-loaded. Look for On Balance Volume moves in Utilities shares. Any that are showing diversion would be my first filter.

AUDCAD

ingot54

Post Number: 1979

Monday, October 29, 2007 - 09:56 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This chart/stoch example of the current EURUSD shows clearly the fish-net pattern I spoke about in the previous post.

Directly above the yellow circles, you can see the flattening of the trend. When the currency pair is ranging
the fish-net will appear.

Although the chart might still be trending and a few pips might be flowing into your bucket, the fish-net pattern is a strong signal of up-coming volatility.

It's a good time to take what you have from the table and stand aside.

Instead of spending time worrying about those last 7 pips, why not close the trade, count your pips with a smile, and skim through your charts for the next harvest set-up?

Works for me! When in doubt - get out.

Nothing restores peace of mind like a closed trade!

EURUSD

nat
Username: nat

Post Number: 62

Monday, October 29, 2007 - 04:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi ingot ,thanx for sharing this info ,good to c you making progress in the right direction ,you inspired me to start practising on oanda again .

Ive got the charts on them set up with the guppy mas ,might download your charting program and have a play ,interesting stochs you have.

Looking on with interest ,Nathan

ingot54

Post Number: 1980

Monday, October 29, 2007 - 05:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad you can see something in this Nat. I can see some refinements and will point out what I can as we go. Feel free to comment whether +/-

In the chart from post #1977 above, I can see a better entry could have been effected from the bounce off the stochastics 80 line. Notice the stochs stayed above 80 for that run up in the AUDUSD.

Sofar today it's been good. Here are the trades I opened this morning before I slept off the night shift:

EURUSD long @144.07 + 14 pips
GBPUSD long @ 2.0538 + 33 pips
USDCAD short @ .9600 + 3 pips (a bit iffy)
USDJPY short @ 114.21 minus 6 pips
EURJPY long @ 164.51 + 26 pips

Also have 2 AUDCAD positions open from .8849 and .8850 + 50 and + 49 pips respectively.

These are becoming the norm for this system.

(Message edited by Ingot54 on October 29, 2007)

ingot54

Post Number: 1981

Monday, October 29, 2007 - 06:20 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In this chart of the AUDCAD I show a fair-enough safe entry. Of course this is not in the least text-book stuff - but what is?

My intention is to enter safe trades using LT charts so that while the pips are baking in the oven for morning tea, I can be out at Mooloolaba Beach with Mrs Ingot having Eggs Benedict and a flat white at the Coffee Club.

There are no rules saying "You must harvest every available pip!" But my rules say "You work to live, not the other way around."

To my way of thinking there is so much I could learn from more skilful traders, but this is working out OK for the time being.

I have been in this trade since 3rd October ... big drawdown because I missed the stop-loss when at work or asleep ... whatever.

But I looked at the monthly view and decided that the trend would reassert itself ... and it has ... now in positive pip territory.

I am aware of the obvious danger of a fundamental event which could lock me out of a possible come-back. I have a 200-pip SL for just such occasions. Ideally it is wiser to cut the loss and use the margin for opportunities that DO make pips for your bucket.

I need to clarify that this is still demo trading ... vastly different from live stuff. But there is no way I am going to go live until this thing has proved itself over a few months. I need to experience a few "Richter Scale Events" before I commit real dollars.

That does not mean I won't be taking some of the easy trades with IG Markets - it's primed ready to go, but there is no way I could use their pathetic charting system to make pips!

I'm in no hurry.

+++ gif +++ 1264372 +++ audcad +++

(Message edited by Ingot54 on October 29, 2007)

ingot54

Post Number: 1982

Monday, October 29, 2007 - 06:31 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoa - Just discovered that it is not possible to edit a chart once posted.

Repeating the above:

"In this chart of the AUDCAD I show a fair-enough safe entry. Of course this is not in the least text-book stuff - but what is?"

AUDCAD

ingot54

Post Number: 1983

Monday, October 29, 2007 - 08:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EURJPY closed at a TP (Take Profit) point for +36 pips.

The trade looks like it has much further to run, but because I just wanted to offset another position with a few pips, so I set the TP point. No real rationale to it.

As I write the price has exceeded my TP by 14 pips ... and rising!

EURJPY

enigvista
Username: enigvista

Post Number: 120

Monday, October 29, 2007 - 09:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ingot,you wrote:
The problem is this: If a trade goes against you, and you get out of it, re-entry becomes very obscure. All you are then left with is the loss plus a guessing-game to get back into the major trend.
----------------------------------------------------
This is an interesting situation that happened to me just recently.I had committed myself to a enter a position
of a bluechip stock I knew would gain LT.

But just after I had entered,the August 15% correction came
and I had lost 30% on Paper,had I sold then.

Instead I waited for a sign that I had reached a lowpoint,
low enough to enter with another position going long.

Soon the Market recovered and so did my Trade and I came out of the 15% downturn with a 200% profit.

so I was glad not to exit my original position,but
enter a new position at the low point which turned out to be a great bargain.

I don't know if this is possible with currency trading,but I don't see why not?

do you know what I mean?
G

ingot54

Post Number: 1984

Monday, October 29, 2007 - 09:37 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exactly right Gus. While it does not pay to be too gung-ho with leverage (I stick to low 10:1 - no more with FX (though I have traded using IG Markets, I never quite worked out the leverage - crazy I know - but I think it's 50:1.

Anyway - my slots were small ones (tokens) and I gained a bit before switching back to demo because basically I did not want to rely on luck (gambling).

To answer the question, this is exactly what I do - I first make certain that the underlying trend is intact. If so, I keep an eye on it, and stay cool. The EURJPY I closed (above) is one of them. It originally was a LONG which went against me, but while it is recovering I am scalping a few pips to add to the bounty. The large one has not broken square yetm, but is doing well.

Well-done on keeping cool during that correction. That's that's the way to trade - know your stock, and trade the dips.

Man look at this thing fly now - I left heaps more on the table than I took!

My entry was 164.51 and it is now 165.47 and rising! I took 37 pips ... so far there are a further 60 pips I missed!

EURJPY

ingot54

Post Number: 1985

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 12:07 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For Mathew

USDCAD

ingot54

Post Number: 1986

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 08:56 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This 4H chart shows how a drawdown can be handled when all other parameters are still positive. This is why we have low gearing and wide stops - if we were highly geared, the drawdown would have been substantial - scaring the lights out of most people - especially if you do not trust your method that much.

The 3rd last RED candle is very bullish - the Bears have failed to sell-down the pair, and the Bulls have prevailed. Beautiful long lower tail on that red candle. That was quite a draw-down, but the stochs held.

It is not blind faith either - small corrections become larger corrections which become reversals. We need to read the stochastics as well as the long term MMA's.

Looking at the stochs we can see that the RED remain nicely above the BLUE ones - where they need to be for an intact trend, and the BLUE stochs have fluttered a bit, but then returned to the RED line.

I would be happy to discuss this further, but apart from a couple of observers it seems I am talking to myself. I am moving house and am busy for a few days, so will not have an internet connection until ... ?

I had this post ready to go about an hour ago but lost power! So since the chart was saved (at 1.4425) the price has moved back a bit. But because I will be unable to manage the trade, I have set a TP of 1.4462.

When live trading I would not be so cavalier about trade management, but by the same token, we can manage trades to death - smother them with attention and talk ourselves out of nice big profits.

You have the bones of the idea - best wishes.

EURUSD

EURUSD1

qed
Username: qed

Post Number: 85

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 08:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

evening all .. hey Nat hope ur keeping well , the most important thing , AND, I believe if u WAIT for the right trade , it might be 3 or 4 days , it will pay off. The hardest thing for me to come to terms with is IT DOSENT MATTER if I miss this trade ..there will be another and another and another . cheers "quod erat demonstatum"

qed

Post Number: 86

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 08:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ingot , congrats on thread , 1 question how do u manage the draw downs .. would be intersting to discuss further with u .cheers Qed

qed

Post Number: 87

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 08:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ingot , i have just re read ur post re trading plan ,, I hope many newbies read it , cheers qed

qed

Post Number: 88

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 08:35 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DOH read the stop loss levels ..

nat

Post Number: 63

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 02:14 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi there Qed,am keeping well ,Doing up house where livin in and doing seasonel work in cane industry ,be all finished in couple weeks then back into trading ,have relised i cant do 3 things at once so taken a break from trading for a bit as otheres say, it will always be there when come back to it .

Ingot id love to comment more but very busy at present but in couple weeks be back into it ,and will comment more and try some things with currencies.Keep up the good work .Nathan

shawky
Username: shawky

Post Number: 566

Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 05:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ingot
Great thread. I found it whilst checking out recent posts on the train using a Next G thingy. I've been so busy working and keeping up with the new kid on the block at home, that I've had no time to keep up with the forum folk.
I hope all is well.
I've been having a little success using GMMA on the 1 minute charts for the FTSE and SPX500 and hope to get something running consistently this summer on the FTSE as the time of day suits. No system established yet for I need to look at a little historical data. I noticed you are using intraday forex. Do you have any pointers on where to get hold of a few months of tick data or 1 minute data for the major currencies and major world indices, though particularly UK and US?

best regards
Shawky

P.S. It will take me a month to read this thread top to bottom.....

ingot54

Post Number: 1987

Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 09:57 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Shawky - it is so good to hear from you - I wondered if you were still around the trading scene. I think most of us feel the pull between this passion, work, family life and so on.

I have been without my net connection and computer while we moved house. In the meantime my new iMac arrived and this post is my first with it. What a beautiful machine - a 24" 1920 x 1200 resolution screen, 320Gb HDD, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 duo and I have just upgraded to 1500 kbs Broadband with iinet.

Also have wireless keyboard and wireless mouse - and a huge video card - ATI Radeon (whatever the heck that is!) HD2600 PRO with 256MB memory.

iinet said it would be 5-to-10 working days before I have BB again, with the update, but tonight the speed is right back to previous level. I am really pleased with this company - not the cheapest, but I have never had a reliability issue with them - no down-time.

Now that the brag is done ...

Yes - it seems that I have finally struck gold with this method. I will be looking to reduce my leverage further when I do eventually go live. I really do not wish to suffer large drawdowns before I can psychologically cope with them.

I regret that I am unable to help you with data for tick-charts.

My friend and mentor Lafee may be better placed to point to something useful for you. It is difficult enough to ge data going back far enough on hourly and shorter, let alone tick or 1 minute.

It will take some time to get the ability to post charts and so on again because I do not have the old software loaded here yet ... (would appreciate any tips on getting data across from a PC to a Mac - I do have a 1Gb USB memory stick. The iMac has 5 USB ports I think - counted them by the Braille method!)

The iMac comes with the OSX tiger, but they included the new OSX leopard discs. I will reserve a partition of the HDD for PC software - the iMac can act as a virtual PC because of the Intel chip they use now. I have yet to discover all of the features, but things like multi-screen display is ideal for charting different time-frames simultaneously. And so far I have not come across the "Boot Camp' programme that allows the choice of PC or Mac mode.

Early days, and it really is a new toy for me - first thing I have bought myself for some time. Would be nice if all of us could afford something similar - I am really fortunate.

Pleasing to have a good reception to this idea of trading ... but I would be very interested in discussing some possible negatives / pitfalls and so on if anyone can spot some. I am very much a new chum at this.

I just "borrowed" my old PC from master 14 who has commandeered it - and can see that my a/c is up 5% at the moment, with another 3% waiting in the wings to hit its TP level. Over the past 4 weeks the weekly profits have been about 4%, but this week it will hit about 9%.

Those figures are not compounded - ie they are based on the starting balance, not week-on-week balances. It really has been an easy week for trend or position traders, with nice long runs.

And that is what I hope to exploit. By the way, I am willing to post a screen-shot of my a/c if anyone is interested to see the average holding period and run of wins/losses and the actual currencies traded.

As usual long-winded, but hopefully beneficial in some way.

Best wishes

Ingot.

cat_lady
Username: cat_lady

Post Number: 317

Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 10:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice machine ingot!

your stick should be fine for file transfers. think you'll find that mac will read any windows file. i had no probs switching docs between mac and windows environments (husband walked the dark side). to go back to windows from mac, just save it in windows format.

cat lady

Without my morning coffee I might as well be a dog

shawky
Username: shawky

Post Number: 567

Friday, November 02, 2007 - 08:25 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Ingot
Yeh, I'm still lurking in the shadows, not much time nore decent info to post nowadays.
I'm in the process of upgrading my PC and have nearly got everything installed. I had to rebuild the laptop in Sep after I let it catch a virus whilst on holidays. It struggles to run the trading programs nowadays. That's software bloat for you. My new PC is an AMDx2 3GHz, 2GB Ram with Vista64.Now that's a software package that would sink the Titanic. It was quite cheap, everything onboard the motherboard including HDMI, DVI (AMD onboard ATI X1250), Raid et al which I use to drive both LCDs, and a pair of Raptor HDs.

I've had to disconnect the power and reset switches as my son, now 15 months old loves switches, buttons, wheels, screwdrivers, cars, cars, cars, cars... The switches are now discretely hidden under the case. Fortunately the novelty of pressing the button to open the DVD drive and close it has worn off. He helped me put the PC together during the holidays..loved the fan and switches...anything with wheels or moves. I've also had 3 keyboards and mouses on the desk and he still grabs or touches the one that is actually in use. He's got more brains than his father it seems.

Regarding your excellent trading results, don't bother posting pictures, just pop the cheque in the mail .

I'm doing this post on the train back into the office using that same Next G thingy. I'll have to give it back to its owner today. Shame, it works well, switching between base stations transparently. Even CMC MarketMaker works with it though my laptop struggles to run the current version.

Anyway, take care, keep exercising those typing fingers.

regards
Shawky

globalreverb
Username: globalreverb

Post Number: 6

Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 10:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivan, I'm following your thread with interest. Foreign exchange is quite "foreign" to me, however it has quite a few merits that trading stocks, or options don't have. i.e. less scanning for trades, liquidity etc.
I have the free demo you are using and was hoping you could post the method you use to capture all stochastics in the indicator pane, and the multiple MA's also, as I would like to see if I can get my head 'round your concept.
Keep up the good work.
Rob.

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 2130

Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 06:40 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Ingot.
Congrats on the new house, the new system and the new system hehe....
You've not said anything about the new abode, your 'puter system sounds great and your trading system looks like the bees knees !
As you know, I've been dabbling in FX of late and unlike clever you, hot headed Hungarian me is doing it live. What was Jane Fonda saying in the 70s? No gain without pain ?
What I admire most about you mate, is not the brain power that you've harnessed to create what seems sooo easy, but the will power you utilised to have the self discipline that I could never have. Unless my wife told me to.
This thread of yours has come along for me at just the right time. I've made some money - randomly, and lost some , regularly but the gains have been better than the losses so I consider myself lucky. I think I can read a candle chart but badly miss the volume bars on the IG FX charts. Making money in strong trends is a breeze. With or without a system, you enter in dips or at peaks and the pips just keeps coming be it long on the Aus/Us or short on the US/Can pairs. As long as the trend is solid. But when the trend becomes range bound, it\s like gambling. Never mind about target, EMAs, patterns, the odds are bad - unless one uses something like your system to provide a shining path to profit. So I now shall be looking to working with your brilliant ideas.
For whatever it may be worth, what my unscientific and undocumented research has shown is that by far the best profit comes from entering trades when the Stochastics move across 20/80, the CCIs across the 200s or the RSI across 30/70. That means going long on the dips and short on the peaks. A dangerous thing to do when only having candles to rely on - except of course on long tailed pivots, God bless them ! I found trading breakouts much harder to trade - lest one uses a long SL and I would never have considered a 200 pip SL prior to getting into this thread.
And your trading plan - sheer brilliance ! Should be compulsory reading for all traders - new and old.
Great thread, great plan, great future. And just so that all this praise does not go to your head - boy, are you ugly !

Cheers,
Hershy

"The safest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket."

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

pse
Username: pse

Post Number: 14

Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 07:08 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi ingot

whenever i peruse your charts i cant help but wonder if there are parallels b/w what u are doing with foreign exchange and rainbow charts and a multiple time-frame STOCHASTIC, and what I have been working on for some time with index trading and 12 multiple moving averages. I rely heavily on the averages (the candles somewhat) as entry/exit signals when trading the XJO intraday.

Attached is a report I recently wrote. Ignore the trading model, I'd like to steer your attention towards the charts and and the averages as an illustrative tool for entry and exit.

Do u see any parallels b/w your approach and mine??

PSE
application/mswordmultiple moving averages and index trading
xjo - part 2-2.doc (308.7 k)

hershy

Post Number: 2132

Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 05:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been thinking about the last couple of posts and I am scratching my head in bewilderment. I can see that Ingot's system generates good long term entries but not so sure about
PSE. Your presentation Peter is excellent.
I don't have very good software to see what you guys do, I am trying to see it but it's not easy.
The point is Peter, I would rather be assured of a regular $50 bucks a day through what you call an 80/20 trade than gamble on a 50/50 trade with a possible payout of 4 times that but in the long run, I know I would be leaving a hell of a lot of pips on the table. The good profits are generated by getting in early and I think your system Pete does provide late signals. I wonder if Heikin Ashi candles would help generate that earlier trigger.
But on my software I cannot see this.
Why not have a look and let us know ?
Cheers,
Peter

"The safest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket."

pse

Post Number: 15

Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 07:15 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi peter
thanks for your perspective.

yes, my approach using GMMA on the index is intraday. trades may only last 10 minutes, or they might last the better part of the day. the strategy at this point is focusing on intraday, but may in the future broaden its outlook.

and yes u r right re the late entries. the paper was written for those just starting out with index trading - hence the leaning towards the later entry and an increased probability of success. as i hone my own index trading skills, my capacity to read the story being whispered, there certainly appears to be opportunity for earlier entry.

heikin ashi candles - i hadnt thought about that - do u know how suitable they for 1 minute charts??

hershy

Post Number: 2134

Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 08:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unlike normal candles that point to the rear, HA's point towards the trend, or direction if you prefer. Thinking about it, I think direction is the better term.

I have no idea if they are suitable for 1 minute charts but it would be interesting to know.
I am sure they are suitable for the longer time frames that Ingot uses. And thinking about it Peter, there is no reason that I can think of why your system should not work just as well - and in fact probably better, on daily charts. You would not want to tarde a whole contract though !

captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 2814

Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 07:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahoy Officer Laffee and Sea-Cadet #54

I have reminded Commodore Benny (of the Fed) that the Yanks Do Not like their Big Buck insulted and suggested to to him to make love and not WAR this time around

All the co-allition of the willing will be in like Flynn and many more as well
These people have no ego's and much prefer a weaker currency

It's makes life so much more simple for everyone back on land

I suggested to him all we need is strong leadership in these times and Whammy
We have a major Sea-Change

All they need to do is get the "Co-allition of the Willing" together again and fiddle around with their HUGE Reserves

BUY the once "BIG Buck"
Short the Euro
Short the Little Aussie Battler and the Canadian Mounty
SHORT GOLD
and
Short OIL

It's as simple as that and WE HAVE a Sea-Change!
And without a WAR!

Salute and God's speed

PS
Sorry to be off topic but "No" chart will ever pick a panic Sell-Off "V" bottom formation

I suggest you keep your eyes wide open for a just a glimmer in their eyes

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

ingot54

Post Number: 1993

Friday, November 09, 2007 - 04:03 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ker-ikey Bon Capt'n

That indeed would be a Rainbow Forex method!

lafee
Username: lafee

Post Number: 721

Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 09:16 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A cross worth following

Cheers Lafee

Don't ask an academic if what he does is relevant

lafee

Post Number: 722

Saturday, November 10, 2007 - 09:20 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And perhaps cadjpy

Is it time for a change of direction?

captain_chaza

Post Number: 2818

Monday, November 12, 2007 - 10:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I told ya so!

It's was as simple as that!
Tops are easy!

Salute and Gods speed

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

captain_chaza

Post Number: 2819

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 06:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahoy Officer Lafee and Sea-Cadet #54

Well ?
Where's the applause?

I hope you both got the idea

Notice how many good ideas can be gleaned in only 6 charts when you vertically stack them against each other over a month or two

Salute and Bon Voyage

ingot54

Post Number: 2000

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 07:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Captain ... I am gob-smacked actually ... completely flabbergasted!

Yes - felicitations, congratulations, ribbons and balloons!

You deserve the lot.

But for the sake of dignity let's just stick with congrats!

Well done.

I won't show my lack of class by enquiring into the how and what th' ... of it all - but I momentarily remove my hat in your presence as a mark of ... er ... well ... aahhh ... respect.

I still have not commissioned the iMac to produce my famous charts again ... but have found the software at firesale prices on eBay ... an electronic port-of-call to the uninitiated ... and should be back in business later this week.

Actually I might not have profited from your call (yes, shame on me) because of the way I follow trends. But at this point I would most certainly be back in the money ... and gaining fast.

The predictive moves/scalping trades are not for this trader - nice as it was to have the early gale warning of the approaching Southerly Buster. But as you can see the rally is back on, and trades like the AUDUSD will again head for 0.94 resistance ... I think.

Have to add here that "thinking" is NOT a part of the plan ... nor is predicting. My strategy is already outlined - and despite missing a few pips for the bucket, I am more than happy to maintain the safety of sticking to my proven (for me) method.

I have found that EVERY time in the past that I have taken a position on where I think the currency will move, it takes revenge on me!

I hope to enter into more discussion when I am once again enabled to post charts. Until then I am becalmed in quiet waters, oiling the ropes and shackles, tarring the poop-deck and reinforcing the crows nest for my next voyage.

Would be glad of some company - that is if you don't mind serving as Mate's Mentor!

It's hard enough to get your first-class ticket these days alone - it's all I can offer - and she's not a big tub!

Next voyage we sail by the charts.

msparks

Post Number: 1111

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 12:48 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone follow this ?

http://www.mclarenreport.net.au/articles/articles/158/1/November-09-2007-CNBC-Sq uawkbox-Europe/Page1.html

" I have my own unique system "
" I buy high and sell low "
"Money is not the main game , it is sticking to the plan, through thick and thin , unwavering from a disciplined approach to share trading "

lafee

Post Number: 727

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 07:14 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MS,

All I can say is don't wast your time.

Cheers Lafee

ingot54

Post Number: 2003

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 07:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PSE - Re your post #14 above - I apologise for not responding earlier.

Currently commissioning new computer and will address your Q and light a fire here then

MSP : No

lafee

Post Number: 732

Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 08:23 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the USDCHF breaks yesterdays low @ 11172 their could be a mighty panic.

Cheers Lafee

hershy

Post Number: 2142

Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 04:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ingot,
have been looking at your technicolour rainbowcharts. have downloaded Metatrader, a strange platform for me and have been toying with the settings to replicate your charts. As you can , the results are miserable. The rainbow stochastics I can not do at all so I have been trying the MACD. But I am looking at the Heikin Ashi candles to see if they tell us something extra.
First thing I noticed was that the in your chart (post 1986) of the EuroUSD pair the candle you selected as very bullish is in fact an HA bearish candle which as it happens did not have much of a follow through. Incidentally the white HA candle marked by the blue arrow however generated a signal that did have a follow through of about 50 pips. I am not yet familiar with your signals and I am sure as hell unfamiliar with the Metatrader platform so could you have a look at some your previous results but with HA candles and see what effect they would have on your bottom line ?

The extra lines on my charts are the daily EMA, the 21, 89 and 200 SMA just to see more in a small window.

Cheers,
P

ingot54

Post Number: 2008

Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 08:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great work Hershy

I have not used the HA candles, but I am sure they have an informative function a'kin to another indicator (ie their patterns tell a story).

I actually constructed the Rainbow MA's one-by-one for the MT4 platform,and tomorrow (sometime after a sleep) I will send you a word doc. if I still have it which contains the palette combo for the Rainbow.

You can get rid of/toggle the grid by right clicking the mouse then clicking "grid". I find the less stuff on the charts the better. Black is the best colour (for me) for the background to the Rainbow.

The stochastic Multi-Timeframe is another story, and I would have to go back to my platform to find the navigator etc to be able to explain how to add / overlay indicators in one window. Not difficult - just has its own process.

I have the "Parallels Desktop for Mac" software now - just awaiting the arrival of the WinXP OS now and I should be up and running.

wrt post 1986 and that bullish candle: The long lower shadow/tail tells me the bears failed to hold down the price and that the probability was strong that the move was for a rally. The longer the lower tail (proportionately to the candle body) the stronger the bullish probability I would think.

Because I have no experience with HA candles, I can not comment that HA might have shown it as bearish.

As this thread is dedicated to MMA's and MTF views, it is a work in progress for me. It is refreshing for me to have positive input, and very encouraging.

The time will come for some heavy critique, no doubt, and I believe we are capable of that ourselves because we are actually trading forex ourselves.

I make that comment because I do not wish other posters to jump on the idea and crush it the way I have seen an idea get crushed on another thread recently.

"There are no rules here - we are trying to accomplish something" ~ Thomas Alva Edison

Thank you for the chart. Please persevere with HA - I will do some R&D on them and see what I can understand about them. I like any indicator that can be compacted without clutter.

The main objective should be to maintain simplicity, so that an eyeball of a chart will trigger an intuitive "aha" without too much geometrics etc being added for interpretation.

As always the idea is to expose the LT trend, and to get into it in as easy an entry as possible without spending hours staring at the screen.

I am also very keen to respond to PSE and do some comparisons with his method.

With best wishes

Ingot

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something ~ Thomas A. Edison

Loss and failure are inevitable but misery is optional

ingot54

Post Number: 2009

Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 08:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Captain

Re your post 2819 above:

Notice how many good ideas can be gleaned in only 6 charts when you vertically stack them against each other over a month or two

I am interested in learning more. Is it possible that you could explain the vertical stacking against each other please?

Would it be that you are comparing individual charts of Gold - Oil - USD - and so on to reveal correlation/divergence?

With kind regards

Ingot54

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something ~ Thomas A. Edison

pse

Post Number: 78

Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 09:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi ingot and hershy,
i did try the HA bars as u suggested hershy, but decided not to use them. that's not to say they dont have anything to offer, they may very well.
one thing beneficial i did find is to have 2 charts with the same index (currency) running side by side, one with ordinary candles, the other with HA candles. this facilitates a comparison b/w the 2 styles and no doubt would aid in the construction of pros and cons
- peter.

PS
ingot, I like your "aha" notion - this is where i would like to head with my own index trading - simplicity and clarity facilitate the "aha" moment

"TRADE WHAT IS, NOT WHAT MIGHT BE"

ingot54

Post Number: 2014

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 09:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

3-D Rainbow Parameters

EMA ....... HUE ....... SAT ....... LUM ....... RED ....... GREEN ....... BLUE
.. 2 ........... 0 ........ 240 ....... 120 ........ 255 ........... 0 ............... 0
.. 4 ........... 4 ........ 240 ....... 120 ........ 255 .......... 26 ............... 0
.. 6 .......... 10 ....... 240 ....... 120 ........ 255 .......... 64 ............... 0
.. 8 .......... 16 ....... 240 ....... 120 ........ 255 ......... 102 .............. 0
.10 .......... 22 ....... 240 ....... 120 ........ 255 ......... 140 ............... 0
.12 .......... 28 ....... 240 ....... 120 ........ 255 ......... 179 ............... 0
.14 .......... 34 ....... 240 ....... 120 ........ 255 ......... 217 ............... 0
.17 .......... 40 ....... 240 ....... 120 ........ 255 ......... 255 ............... 0
.20 .......... 44 ....... 240 ....... 120 ........ 230 ......... 255 ............... 0
.23 .......... 52 ....... 240 ....... 120 ........ 179 ......... 255 ............... 0
.27 .......... 60 ....... 240 ....... 120 ........ 128 ......... 255 ............... 0
.31 .......... 68 ....... 240 ....... 120 .......... 77 ......... 255 ............... 0
.35 .......... 76 ....... 240 ....... 120 .......... 26 ......... 255 ............... 0
.39 .......... 84 ....... 240 ....... 120 ............ 0 ......... 255 ............. 26
.44 .......... 92 ....... 240 ....... 120 ............ 0 ......... 255 ............. 77
.50 ........ 100 ....... 240 ....... 120 ............ 0 ......... 255 ............ 128
.56 ........ 108 ....... 240 ....... 120 ............ 0 ......... 255 ............ 179
.62 ........ 116 ....... 240 ....... 120 ............ 0 ......... 255 ............ 230
.68 ........ 124 ....... 240 ....... 120 ............ 0 ......... 230 ............ 255
.74 ........ 128 ....... 240 ....... 120 ............ 0 ......... 204 ............ 255
.82 ........ 136 ....... 240 ....... 120 ............ 0 ......... 153 ............ 255
.90 ........ 160 ....... 240 ....... 168 .......... 102 ........ 102 ............ 255
.98 ........ 147 ....... 240 ....... 120 ............ 0 ........... 84 ............ 255
106 ........ 160 ....... 240 ....... 120 ............ 0 ............ 0 ............ 255
114 ........ 168 ....... 240 ....... 120 ........... 51 ............ 0 ............ 255
122 ........ 176 ....... 240 ....... 120 ......... 102 ............ 0 ............ 255
130 ........ 184 ....... 240 ....... 102 ......... 130 ............ 0 ............ 217
140 ........ 192 ....... 240 ....... 115 ......... 196 ............ 0 ............ 244
150 ........ 200 ....... 240 ....... 102 ......... 217 ............ 0 ............ 217
160 ........ 208 ....... 114 ....... 120 ......... 188 .......... 67 ............ 164
170 ........ 216 ......... 88 ....... 120 ......... 174 .......... 81 ............ 137
180 ........ 220 ....... 112 ....... 120 ......... 187 .......... 68 ............ 128
190 ........ 230 ....... 120 ....... 120 ......... 191 .......... 64 .............. 96
200 ........ 234 ....... 152 ......... 87 ......... 151 .......... 34 .............. 52

ingot54

Post Number: 2015

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 09:30 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The previous post contains the palette settings for the MMA's.

I have checked them - some look out of whack - (eg EMA 90 has out-of-sequence settings) - but they are the ones I use in my rainbow.

If you are constructing your rainbow it might pay to copy/paste/print for reference.

Tedious job - will have to learn how to upload a word doc - take seconds then!

Best wishes

Ingot

ingot54

Post Number: 2021

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 09:06 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Captain ... are you still there?

Could you please check my question to you above - I feel certain there is something to be learned by following your thoughts on this.

ingot54

Post Number: 2028

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 04:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK PSE

I have a series of charts for you - note that I had to revert back to the aulde PC (something I hoped never ever to be doing again after mucking around with the new Mac) but you now owe me BIG time mate!

This goes with my philosophy NOT to over-trade.

ie patiently wait for a set-up and then nail it.

You can see that the TF all line up here - the stochastics may not all be in an ideal thin line, but the RED are mainly ABOVE the BLUE, and the rest is nit-picking. That's just what I do - if I stuff the entry, the next higher TF comes to my rescue ... or the next ... but eventually I have my stops taken out, and at that point we may well be dealing with a change in LT trend.

AS trading is always a work-in-progress, it will eventually become intuitive to a degree. That's where I am at - whether others like it or not - it is rarely possible to nail down a method to an exact science - we all know the market is not given to concrete thought.

I am regretting that I chose to disclose my method, so I hope it will be just laughed off and forgotten. It was pure ego, I guess, after the ignominy I have suffered through previous failed accounts.

But to honour what I started, here is what I am doing.

I will not say any more - it is all in the charts.

You can pm me for further discussion - happy to oblige.

I left out the 30-min chart - no point - all roads lead to Rome with this one - even the 5 minute.

Thye same thing applies EXACTLY to any equity with a bit of market cap and liquidity behind it ... and I would apply it directly to Index trades as well.

Gotta love TA and charts ...

By the way - it is not necessary to trade LT with this - just hook in and grab your scalps just the same if you wish. But where will you exit when a trade is powering along in your favour?

I will stick with my 150 to 350-pip moves - lots of room for error and much more forgiving.

EURGBP Daily

EURGBP 4 Hour

EURGBP 1 Hour

EURGBP 15 Min

pse

Post Number: 97

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 05:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi ingot
looks good.
1] can u do a rainbow on the XJO (preferably market makers mirror equivalent if u have access) for me, with the varying time frames?
2] do u add candles? if not can u do up a contrast with candles?
3] why do u regret revealing your method?
- peter.
PS apologies for the demands,
but i'm interested to see the effect

ingot54

Post Number: 2029

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 06:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Easy Peasy PSE

If you have IC Charts, you will find the Rainbow MA charts in the available templates.

Another family member is using the PC right now, so I can not post a Rainbow of the XJO. But you can simply create your own by opening "Rainbow MA Charts" and then typing in XJO instead of BHP etc. Later I hope to post one for you.

Yes, I can easily add candles - just toggle the "View" link on the top tool-bar.

Keep in mind that the Rainbow version on IC is a weekly TF, not daily.

There are many more EMA's on the IC version than on the Forex version I posted above - I use 34 for Forex - from 2 to 200 EMA.

I did not disclose that I DO use candles for my entries. But if you imagine me sitting down to the computer, logging in, and checking a chart ... if I want to enter a trade, I usually look for a pull-back. But if I happened along just after news, and the candle is moving in the direction of my trade, I have sometimes jumped straight in. Sometime it goes against me before recovering, and sometimes it powers away without looking back - luck of the draw.

The main thing is to have the underlying trend 100% correct. If too ambiguous, skip it and go and watch the Simpson's reruns - you'll get more out of it!

What I suggest is that you use the 3-D Parameters template I posted above to create your own 1-minute or 5-min or 30-min etc charts on your charting package if possible. I see that you use the Guppy MMA's anyway, so adding a few more should be easy enough. You do not really need to create the entire rainbow - just a few more so that when you eyeball the chart you just "know" that a trade is setting up for you.

This is sometimes called "intuition" but in reality it is just that when you have been habitually exposed to a pattern 1000 times, there is nothing new - you already "know" what it is telling you.

Why regret sharing this?

There are a few instances recently where new ideas have been frowned on here. This took me since January this year to develop - darn hard work, and I'm dashed if I want to subject myself to negative thinking about it. Good critique ... yep ... bring it on.

I was born with a thin skin PSE, and despite all efforts to toughen up, I still bleed easily. I try too hard I s'pose, and when I cop a broadside, I whimp-out. Take things to heart - need to lighten up ... but that is my nature.

A smarter person (talkin' street cred here) would not bother to respond. But brains and me did not go through the same door.

pse

Post Number: 98

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 06:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ingot

i've never experienced being "frowned" upon at this forum. does that happen here????????

although, now i think about it, i recall there was a . . . . .

any way keeping focus,

the idea of trading the major trend each day is appealing. a lot less work, and less stress. but bigger stops and as a result less monetary value per point.

if u wanted to trade todays major trend only, which time frame do you find best in order to determine that trend? and for entry/exit would u use a 1 min??

-peter

ingot54

Post Number: 2030

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 07:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PSE - you are not talking to an expert here. (Big mouth, but no expert).

All I have found out is that if the LT TF is going one way, then I have to trade my ST TF in that direction too.

It's easy enough to just use the dips in rallies, and the rallies in shorts to get an entry.

I do it this way simply because I am a bit like MSP - Murphy's Law is out to get me, and if I stuff an entry, the trend always (mostly) comes to my rescue.

If you like Intra-day trading, then look at daily charts, and 4 Hour charts to get a "feel" for trend. Then go to your 5-min or 1-min.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that having small positions and wide stops will not make you much money. It certainly will make you lots of it. I worked out that all I need is 10 pips/day guaranteed and I can wrap it up.

By being patient, and pyramiding into a strong move, those ten pips become 100 quick as a flash in this game.

But survival is paramount - no capital = no trading.

I currently have an open trade which has been developing since 3rd October. I was at work, then could not get to the computer for 2 days. It got away from me, but instead of taking a huge loss when it got to 1.2088 (entry sell @ 1.1654 x 3 positions) I just held ... and held ... and held ...

The drawdown was astronomical, but I did not close the position because I wanted to learn something from the experience.

I did.

Now my stops correlate with my risk:reward, and that can be 200 pips. I hear rumbles of disbelief, but at the same time my a/c has increased by almost 5% per week and clearly my strategy is working - I have controlled risk, and I have set reward.

Have I missed something?

I don't think so.

This is the trade - AUDNZD - a rogue, but I have collared it now.

AUDNZD DAILY

Now to look at a shorter TF ...

AUDNZD 15 MIN

OK ... now to look at the XJO

xjo 6 months

And for closer views just add the candles - keeping in mind that although they are weekly in this chart, you can construct them for intra-day if you like.

xjo 3 month

Sorry - Master 14 wants the PC back ... so no more charts tonight.

Still getting the Mac going ... getting there.

hershy

Post Number: 2148

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 07:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivan This thread is getting very interesting. You did great, don't let anyone say otherwise. I am trying to use your rainbow settings but on my version of Metatrader I can pick colours by name only when I set the indicators. How do you set all the colours ?

ingot54

Post Number: 2031

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 08:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Hershy

Hover your mouse over the MA and Right click.
This should bring up a box which shows the colour - probably a default.

Click on the actual colour and the palette drops down. At the bottom of the palette there is another box which you click on to actually open up the Hue/SATuration and LUMination etc.

Alternately when constructing the MA's you do get a choice to go to the palette and select the colour the same way - either as you go or later makes no difference.

Just make sure you SAVE the chart as a template before closing, or you will have to do it all again.

I can not wrench the PC back to even have a look for closer instruction right now, so hope this helps.

Cheers - Ingot

pse

Post Number: 99

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 08:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi ingot
thank u for your response
i think there are some parallels b/w your rainbow and my use of GMMA. both give a very clear visual representation which candles alone dont.
also, after a while one begins to be able to decipher the story the rainbow/GMMA is telling, adding another tool to the repertoire - intuition or countless repeated experiences enhance the effect.

ingot54

Post Number: 2038

Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 06:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is my statement of the last 28 closed trades. Unfortunately I can not post the lot due to sizing constraints with IC. But I am happy to post the first half if necessary.

Happy to email the full thing, but there is not one loss.

The last 44 trades have been without loss.

The first 18 trades had 11 losses - total of 11 losses from 55 trades.

Notice the last 17 trades straight (20 out of 23) have gone through to Take Profit closures.

Statement1

I mentioned earlier that this is a demo run, and not live trading.

I certainly am not expecting to repeat this sort of run in live trading - the psychology and pressures are totally different, and I will be trading fractions of what is visible here.

But in time it will be possible to step up from eMini to full lots.

This should close out the thread as far as I am concerned. I know we didn't get onto MTF RSI or MTF CCI, but having shown you the MTF (Multi-Time-Frame) Stochastics - I am sure you get the idea, and if you are enterprising in any way, the thing should be a breeze.

Thanks to all participants, for encouragement.

Have fun - keep smiling!

irwan
Username: irwan

Post Number: 3

Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 12:40 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great ... thanks for sharing Ingot54 ,
MMA + MTF, combination of guppy and elders may be?

nat

Post Number: 64

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 11:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi there ivan any more progress on your fx trading .I finally downloaded meta trader to get back into it ,im finding the execution of orders rather strange ,ive been trying to close out a position and it keeps just opening up a new one the opposite way i now have 10 positions all over the place and no way of closing them ,is there something that im missing .Nathan

ingot54

Post Number: 2090

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 11:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Nat

I have made some changes to the above. Have added another indicator or two and changed to more appropriate Time Frame.

I recently downloaded another MT4 platform and found a few changes to get used to as well.

Persevere mate - to close your positions you need to RIGHT click the mouse on your open order where it appears in the "terminal" underneath chart. A menu gives you the choice of "NEW ORDER" or "CLOSE ORDER" or "MODIFY - DELETE ORDER" and so on.

The "MODIFY - DELETE ORDER" allows you to change your Take Profit levels or Stop Loss levels.

The "CLOSE ORDER" appears as a YELLOW bar underneath the price action in the pop-up window.

I think you will get it from there.

Cheers

Ingot

Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have ~ Margaret Mead

fibman
Username: fibman

Post Number: 1

Monday, March 17, 2008 - 02:37 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi ingot 54 my name is Gerard (french)Canada
I was surfing the web today and i found your tread!
Nice chart you got there

i build my chart 2 years ago and it look like yours (thaugt i was crazy and my wife to) the onley diferance is ... I program fib # EMA in mine (orange EMA 2-3-5-8) and purple (13-21-34-55-89-144 and so on) it is working great for me. Now i hame working on the law of gravity (what go up must come down)
Nice reading you ty gerard

I STARTED WITH NOTING AND STILL HAVE MOST OF IT

hershy

Post Number: 2212

Monday, March 17, 2008 - 05:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bonjour Gerard,
Je voudrais voir votre carte, s'il vous plait !

Which means, I would like to see your chart please !

Salut de Melbourne !

"The universe is conspiring to make you succeed. Don't stand in it's way!"

massner
Username: massner

Post Number: 2

Friday, March 05, 2010 - 01:46 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks for info. i will try it also

massner
Username: massner

Post Number: 3

Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 08:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

last times i looked for a good strategy. but now i think, its not the strategy that makes you profitable, its the time you spend on strategy.

Homepage: http://www.Forex-Signale-Live.de
http://www.Broker-Vergleich-Online.de

forexlion
Username: forexlion

Post Number: 1

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 - 05:49 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A good strategy, no doubt. Keep posting. Thanks for sharing

qed

Post Number: 172

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 03:15 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Arvo all , did anyone have an update for that signal? I had a look but expired 15aug cheers Q

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
E Booksmsparks27-Sep-15  06:41 am
Devaluationsurijohn9215-Jun-15  02:22 pm
AUDUSDqed60 29-Nov-14  09:47 pm
NZDAUDqed22 02-Sep-13  05:48 pm
Foreign stocks and currency movementsqe326-Jul-12  06:46 pm
Is A Currency War Inevitable?ingot5409-Jul-12  10:10 pm
Symbols for European and other govt bonds?colin_twiggs25-Nov-11  08:34 am
Fed quietly buys new Treasury Note issueehmu04-Nov-11  04:04 am
AUD JPYehmu21-Oct-11  12:48 am
What currency pairs to trade in Forex?qed08-May-11  11:06 am
$US sell signal ?ehmu07-Dec-10  08:20 am
USD: Is Further QE Inevitable?colin_twiggs13-Oct-10  01:30 pm
Which Forex trading platform?nzrugby16-Jul-10  03:07 pm
All about NZD pair : Nzd/Usd;Cad;Jpy , EurNzd and other.mdunleavy14-Jul-10  06:53 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»