You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

What currency pairs to trade in Forex?

Chart Forum » Forex & Bonds » What currency pairs to trade in Forex?

««  Previous  Next  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
shaunna75
Username: shaunna75

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, February 07, 2011 - 05:54 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those who are planning to start up with Forex trading, it is best to start up with these major currency pairs.
Euro (EUR)
US Dollar (USD)
British Pound (GBP)
Swiss Franc (CHF)
Japanese Yen (JPY)
Australian Dollar (AUD)
Canadian Dollar (CAD)
These currencies are widely traded and have tight spread so it is easier to get instant gain from them. Avoid trading rare currency pairs because this kind of trading needs further knowledge to trade such pairs successfully.

ingot54
Username: ingot54

Post Number: 2247

Monday, February 07, 2011 - 03:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Shaunna

Welcome to Incredible Charts forum - I hope you will really enjoy being on board. Nice to have others interested in Foreign Exchange on here - there are a few other regulars,
but like my self I suspect they are too busy with life and trading to get involved heavily in forum life.

Agree with your assessment there. But some of the less popularly traded pairs (eg EURAUD and AUDJPY) have some wide spreads. Further - the broker requires a larger
margin for this pair, because of the lower liquidity.

One of my best trades recently was the EURAUD on the 4H TF.

I found by waiting ... waiting ... like a hunter in wait for prey, that the EURAUD brought home the pips, despite the adverse trading conditions.

But I had to wear a spread of 10 pips, plus a Guaranteed Stop Loss Order premium of 8 pips - meaning I was behind by 18 pips before the trade began to make money for me.
Multiply that by the number of contracts I traded, and I thought: "This can't be real - what if it reverses now?"

I could not close the trade without automatically losing 18 pips x 'n' contracts, and although I was confident I had the edge, it was a tough trade initially.

I found this to be an obscene rip-off by my broker, and I told them so - but they emailed back and trotted out the line "We are competitive."

I shot back an email with a table comparing their spreads (see below) with the spreads of one of their Australian competitors.
I have obscured the names of these companies because neither deserves the publicity, and Colin doesn't deserve the legalities.

But you can easily see the advantage of shopping around.

I usually do NOT trade the EURAUD until it is a no-brainer for this reason - and it has helped me to trade better with all my selections for the same reason.

Moral to the story - only pick the low-hanging-fruit. There is plenty of it, and no need to be trying to force trades which are not ready to be taken.

Cheers - Ivan

Spread EURAUD ... Broker Spread Comparison

EURAUD

Keep Smiling - Don't look back

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something ~ Thomas A. Edison

Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have ~ Margaret Mead

qed
Username: qed

Post Number: 134

Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 11:06 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Ingot , thats 1 harsh broker ticket , I play euro/usd (avg 11>15ticks spread) mainly along with usd /cad min trailing stop 15ticks (fully auto adjustable) along with stop loss and take profit with overriding manual close if wanted cheers Q

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
E Booksmsparks27-Sep-15  06:41 am
Ingot's Rainbow Forex Methodqed78 26-Aug-15  03:15 pm
Devaluationsurijohn9215-Jun-15  02:22 pm
AUDUSDqed60 29-Nov-14  09:47 pm
NZDAUDqed22 02-Sep-13  05:48 pm
Foreign stocks and currency movementsqe326-Jul-12  06:46 pm
Is A Currency War Inevitable?ingot5409-Jul-12  10:10 pm
Symbols for European and other govt bonds?colin_twiggs25-Nov-11  08:34 am
Fed quietly buys new Treasury Note issueehmu04-Nov-11  04:04 am
AUD JPYehmu21-Oct-11  12:48 am
$US sell signal ?ehmu07-Dec-10  08:20 am
USD: Is Further QE Inevitable?colin_twiggs13-Oct-10  01:30 pm
Which Forex trading platform?nzrugby16-Jul-10  03:07 pm
All about NZD pair : Nzd/Usd;Cad;Jpy , EurNzd and other.mdunleavy14-Jul-10  06:53 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»