Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
stoploss
Username: stoploss

Post Number: 153

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could some kind soul please post this chart? Alternatively a link to a site displaying the chart would also be appreciated. I'm after spot quotes but futures would be a good approximation. Purpose: thinking of exchanging some currency and working out the timing. SL

..then again..I could be totally wrong. So use your own brain and let me know what it brought up.

julles
Username: julles

Post Number: 1107

Monday, July 19, 2004 - 09:53 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Morning Stoploss

http://www.xpresstrade.com/

Click .... Tools & Resources
Click ... Forex Charts
Click ... FXtrek Charts

Julles

stoploss

Post Number: 154

Monday, July 19, 2004 - 10:37 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Many thanks for your prompt response Julles. I followed your instructions and got a USD/CHF chart. Can't figure out how to make that AUD/EUR. Any clues? SL

..then again..I could be totally wrong. So use your own brain and let me know what it brought up.

julles

Post Number: 1108

Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:01 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I haven't got express open at the moment but from memory ...

Once the chart programme has loaded go to the top left hand corner and click file? This will open a list of all the currencies.

If you have any problems just give me a yell and I'll load the charts to help you navigate.

Julles

mosaic1996
Username: mosaic1996

Post Number: 843

Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:03 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try the Dania Charts and then select your instrument!
Cheers,
Mosaic

stoploss

Post Number: 155

Monday, July 19, 2004 - 11:23 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eureka..I got it! Thanks Julles and Mos. Great site ..I like the way it seems to update the chart automatically.

Looks like we are at critical support/resistance level for EUR/AUD @ 168ish. I haven't ever followed currencies. I'd be interested to read the views of any resident currency traders. SL

squiresk
Username: squiresk

Post Number: 145

Monday, July 19, 2004 - 06:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My favourite,

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=FOREX_EURAUD&v=dmax

just substitute the

EURAUD in the URL

GBP USD etc...

for example Aussie$ vs pounds

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=FOREX_GBPAUD&v=dmax

Kai.

"The combination of overconfidence and optimism is a potent brew, which causes people to overestimate their knowledge, underestimate risks and exaggerate their ability to control events.

It also leaves them vulnerable to statistical suprises."

Aspects of Investor Psychology - Daniel Kahnemann.

"Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elebitur"

dunlop
Username: dunlop

Post Number: 99

Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 02:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd like to second the call for some forex discussion generally. I've only been dabbling mini contracts for the last year with mixed results, but from all indications it seems to be an ideal playground for a technically based trader with a decent system and impeccable discipline.

What are people's experiences with forex?

cheers,
-dunlop

"If the world's going to hell then I may as well join the party, and the party's on Wall Street."

julles

Post Number: 1111

Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 12:03 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found that discipline on the time factor of your chart is paramount. If one switches between daily/6/months Hourly/5/days Minutes/30/seconds it will alter ones perspective.

I trial ran a $100 000 account and used Xpress charts to enter and exit my trades. I was elatedly successful.

One can intensly trade with the forex market if one has mastered charting and they have the time.

I felt I needed more experience/knowledge/dissiveness with my charting knowledge, this was the only thing that stopped me opening an account.

Julles

stoploss

Post Number: 160

Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 06:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Common..members. I'm going OVS soon. Do I wait to exchange the dough or do I do it now? My charting skill says "wait $A improving". Opinions please. I haven't got the data to load up a chart and use my charting tools to analyse it. Could somebody do that for me; with trendlines, R&S levels, Fib retraces pretty please. SL

(Message edited by stoploss on July 21, 2004)

mosaic1996

Post Number: 856

Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 07:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would put it on Credit Card, and withdraw cash at ATMs via a transaction account. There are fees involved.
Cheers,
Mosaic

stoploss

Post Number: 162

Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 07:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mos, its not a question of how but when! You wouldn't be able to post me a chart, would you? SL

mosaic1996

Post Number: 857

Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 09:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi SL,
Can't post a chart - but you can see them in the link above, so I suspect that I don't understand your question.

Re. using Credit Cards, and transaction account. It was actually a comment on when to exchange - i.e., when you are there, rather than before.

You should check the following
a) credit card exchange rate (I believe that it is the mid-rate)
b) credit card fee (can be 1% to 2%)
c) exchange rate for traveller cheques/cash (I believe that it will be 2%+ below the mid-rate)
d) do you get loyalty points on your creidt card? Worth 1% to 2% of spend.
e) fees to withdraw from a transaction account and exchange rate used.

The chart looks like it is going up at the moment - but that can easily change.

Spike up a few months ago was probably associated with NAB FX options cockup. Recent strength probably related to realisation that US interest rates are going to go up slower than first thought.

If chart is going up, then why not delay exchange - best way to delay is to use Credit Cards, and transaction account.

No blame accepted for dud advice, but a percentage of any gains gladly accepted.

Have a great holiday. Where are you goiing?

Cheers,
Mosaic

stoploss

Post Number: 163

Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 11:00 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Mos. I did sound ungrateful, didn't I. Sorry. I wanted a chart that had a chartist's analysis on it since I can't do it myself. Thanks for the credit card info. Anybody else with an opinion on the $A? Looks to me like that nice up trend 2003 till Apr has stopped and it's looking for direction. There is a lower low and a bit of a broadening pattern. Wish I had the data.

SL

Ps. I'm mainly in Italy (some short other stops)my Mum wants to see "Rome" and as she is getting on I'm taking her.

(Message edited by stoploss on July 22, 2004)

(Message edited by stoploss on July 22, 2004)

ASX Stocks 20-minute delayed

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Forex News of the dayingot5470 27-May-07  07:38 pm
Currencieschristas18-Nov-06  11:15 pm
Dynamic Pivots - Matsys - Fxwintrades.ann10 04-Sep-05  04:13 pm
The Death of the Dollarredrover31 06-May-05  09:31 am
Yuan and Mehailoh30-Apr-05  07:36 pm
Father Rederob To Join RBA Board?hilarius22-Apr-05  04:59 pm