Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
iwillwin
Username: iwillwin

Post Number: 54

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 08:06 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all

is there anyone out there trading the major FX pairs?

also, i will be posting my trades with charts and commenting as i go along till the end of my trade, anyone else like to join in?

i'm surprised at how little FX is talked about or traded by many of the forum members!

i think showing others will help yourself and someone else to see how we do it!

bye now!

perler59
Username: perler59

Post Number: 817

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 04:08 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Iwillwin, please do. I will be watching, and I suspect many others will also :-)

http://sttc.net.au/~stever

iwillwin

Post Number: 55

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 10:57 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all

1st trade

i just entered more to an existing position at the price on the chart with the stop moved up to 1.7509

will keep updating as it goes along

iwillwin

Post Number: 56

Friday, May 12, 2006 - 04:50 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all

update on the trade, well it seems that the market has agreed with my view, right now the trade is in profit ~270 pips, lets see how it ends :-)

iwillwin

Post Number: 57

Friday, May 12, 2006 - 10:27 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi

stop loss moved up to lock in gains.

any comments on my way of following price?

perler59

Post Number: 820

Friday, May 12, 2006 - 10:39 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmm. Depend on time frame. If this is a short term trade then fine. (Excellent even :-) ) If you are trying to ride the trend despite it trying to buck you off, for say a few more hours/days, then perhaps at stop at 1.852 ?

iwillwin

Post Number: 58

Friday, May 12, 2006 - 02:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi perler,

well, in my view at the rate the trend accelerated it shouldn't pull back less then where my stop is if it does then 1.8520 will not be safe either, its what i feel if you know what i mean

peace

iwillwin

Post Number: 60

Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 06:03 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all

stop moved up once again, what you think now perler? whats the chart saying?

Bye

perler59

Post Number: 821

Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 11:15 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To me its saying higher probability of short term top. Possible re-trace to 1.877 area.

dougclulow
Username: dougclulow

Post Number: 44

Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 07:58 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting area here, I'm curious as to what sort of spreads and pairs are offered with CFDs (I'm trading with FXCM). No commission, 3pip spread on the majors although I like to trade crosses, some of which can have a 15 pip spread. Not trying to advertise anything here, just after some comparisons.

My current open positions are Long NZD/JPY and EUR/USD. Long EUR/USD at 1.2802 with a fairly tight stop at 1.2765 after a bounce off a trendline (based on the dalies from 18 Jul low). Stochs slightly overbought but that isn't always relevant in a trend.

Long NZD/JPY at 74.46 and 74.58 today. My stop is below the top of the 400 pip wide channel started mid May which was subject to a breakout on the 15th Aug. I like trading this pair, but keep to longs as the carry is so nice :-)

Have been meaning to log my trades with the reasons, this seems like a good thread for it. Will post charts once I've figured out how to make them look reasonable with the size limitations. NZDJPYDaily

stocky
Username: stocky

Post Number: 22

Friday, September 08, 2006 - 12:40 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello All,

I'm keen to get this thread up and running again. I regularly trade FX and commodities. I'm just about to come back into the markets after a break. Still looking and researching at the moment, but is anyone else in any trades at the moment?

Currency direction views.?

farisiskandar
Username: farisiskandar

Post Number: 1

Monday, September 24, 2007 - 12:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi..
I'm new here.. how do I view Major Currency using Incredible Charts?
I couldn't seem to find forex on any of the charts menu.

irwan
Username: irwan

Post Number: 1

Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 03:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

would like to see more breakout chart pattern on cfd fx (if possible)

aussiebuggaa
Username: aussiebuggaa

Post Number: 384

Friday, November 23, 2007 - 09:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lets keep this Thread going guys.. Anyone know what broker will offer volume information on the chart for Forex?

stocky
Username: stocky

Post Number: 120

Friday, November 23, 2007 - 09:39 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Aussie,

Sorry, been flat out. i don't know of any brokers that will offer volume information, as the CFD will only be quoted around the interbank spreads. only way would be if you somehow got access to volume through the interbank market.

maxboost
Username: maxboost

Post Number: 197

Friday, November 23, 2007 - 10:03 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,
these guys say they quote inter bank spreads so they may have volume, haven't checked myself.

http://www.mbtrading.com/fx/default.asp

aussiebuggaa

Post Number: 391

Friday, November 23, 2007 - 01:46 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks guys,

I had a quick look at MBTrading. Their commission structure looks good but heck they do charge some hefty fees. Maybe volume reading doesnít really matter in the Forex market? Any comments from an experience Forex trader?

ingot54
Username: ingot54

Post Number: 2039

Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 02:39 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try a Google search for the MetaTrade4 platform.

Volume is available with each candle, as well as in a separate window.

In my view their volume numbers are not too helpful as the rise-and-fall of volume follows the three major daily sessions. Usefulness will vary according to the indicator that relies on volume input.

Try Interbank FX for their free demo platform for starters - unsure of a local product (Aussie broker) who offers volume otherwise, unless Forexyard (an Aussie Broker)have it.

Keep Smiling - Don't look back

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something ~ Thomas A. Edison

Loss and failure are inevitable but misery is optional

irwan

Post Number: 2

Friday, November 23, 2007 - 11:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

trade with "ig markets" before i got busted, no volume reading just charts and trying to get my money back (still in red) keep my trading spirit alive.

aussiebuggaa

Post Number: 393

Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 03:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ingot and Irwan.

Thanks for the reply. I use the volume information to read tape for trade entries and exits. Iím not too sure how useful it would be to use volume information in the Forex market as comparison to Futures market which Iím accustomed to.

Iíve checked out MetaTrade4, not bad at all, but the volume I was after was the actual time and sales data. I guess I have to cut the volume part out of my strategy and base my trade on momentum alone. Thanks for the recommendation.

Irwan, Iím currently with IGmarket. Bad luck that you blew your account and hopefully you can get back in the trading groove soon. I think we should get forum members to post their chart with trade entries and exits, so we all can benefit. (Not to shadow trade but to learn from each other + discussion).

ingot54

Post Number: 2040

Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 05:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ab

My conclusion on the value of Volume in formulating strategy with Retail Forex is based purely on the fact that each broker uses a different feed for their data.

I have seen three different brokers post 3 different highs for the AUDUSD, and none of them agree with the "official" version of what constitutes that specific high.

I deduce that Retail brokers are either just Market Makers (and thus sensitive to questioning about price moves which diverge from "official" prices which may affect open positions wrt stops) or they are using data feeds which come from a "parent" company or mainline published data from within respective countries.

For example, North Finance has different prices from say Forex Yard and say Sonray Capital Markets.

North Finance Review

Sonray/Saxobank Review

Do your own review of brokers.

I have found that a daily meeting with my friend John Google uncovers much that is out there - and it mostly depends on how you frame the search.

Hint: When searching for the answer to a question, type in a hypothetical answer to that question, and try different hypothetical answers in your search.

Works for me in that it then provides a balanced view of different opinions. There is so much out there to know - I am never able to stop reading and uncovering "facts" which come complete with their own grain of salt!

With best wishes

Ingot

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something ~ Thomas A. Edison

ingot54

Post Number: 2044

Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 06:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Others worthy of highlighting are:

OANDA which has a trading game (free) plus quite an extensive educational site.

Oanda is also one of the most highly respected/trusted FX sites by reputation - I can not speak from experience. Some members in some forums have glowing terms to describe them.

My post #2039 (above) discusses the others I could recommend you study closely.

Best wishes

Ingot

PS i I wonder what Doug Clulow would have to say about this - I note he is one of the more reserved IC members with experience in this.

irwan

Post Number: 4

Monday, November 26, 2007 - 10:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks again Ingot for the info

moleman
Username: moleman

Post Number: 303

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 06:35 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

G'day

As I understand it, in Forex the market is decentralized meaning you can't keep track of all the amounts and sizes of contracts in a given day. Instead volume is kind of tracked by counting the number of ticks there are throughout a session. Have a look at:

http://www.cmsfx.com/en/forex-education/technical-analysis-articles/volume-indic ators/volume/volumes-importance/

for an explanation.

A few months ago I got a free e-book called "The Big Picture Trading Strategy" available from http://www.themaddashforcash.com/tro/

I've only flicked through the book as I only dabble in FX atm... But the author talks of http://www.efxgroup.com/ which you guys might want to have a look at. They don't charge a spread but instead charge a small commission per trade. Their website says they get down to 1/10 of a pip difference in spread and in the article the author says you pay $6.40 commission per trade. I haven't looked into it but it does seem like it could be the way to go to keep down costs. Also they have real time Level II data so you get market depth info. If anyone decides to try them I'd be interested in hearing what you think of them for future reference.

cheers

MM

Commissions are $5 per $100000 traded http://www.efxgroup.com/commissions.php

(Message edited by moleman on November 27, 2007)

irwan

Post Number: 5

Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 05:01 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.pfgbest.com/traders_tools/quotes/fs_quote.asp

irwan

Post Number: 6

Friday, November 30, 2007 - 11:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pse
Username: pse

Post Number: 127

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 06:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

what ever happened to iwillwin?
was he hit over the head by his own ego one too many times!

"TRADE WHAT IS, NOT WHAT MIGHT BE"

lafee
Username: lafee

Post Number: 745

Monday, January 14, 2008 - 09:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ignot,

In your fx research have you found a broker that offers an extensive range of option contracts?

Cheers Lafee

Don't ask an academic if what he does is relevant

ingot54

Post Number: 2084

Monday, January 14, 2008 - 11:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Lafee

The site http://tinyurl.com/2pkxum has just about everything, and they don't take the opposite side of the trade.

Once you are on the site, Click "Equities" on the toolbar - it links to: "Equities and Options". They offer a choice of Australian and USA.

Orders go into the market and they make their money via spreads and commissions as well as their training courses.

They have a 24 hr 1300 number for info.

I have just opened a demo a/c with them prior to live trading in February. I'm sticking with MT4 platform for charting FX though.

I don't like the idea of having money offshore in a trading a/c.

Cheers

Ingot

Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have ~ Margaret Mead

ingot54

Post Number: 2087

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 01:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sure you were aware of that link above, Lafee, as well as this one:

http://tinyurl.com/2nw3of

As I don't trade Options it is something I have tended to gloss over when seeking a really solid Australian Broker.

Is there a tradable SILVER Index anywhere?

IG Markets offer the 5,000 oz Silver contract as a full/mini CFD but I haven't seen it elsewhere.

Ideas?

silver_bullion

Never believe that a few caring people can't change the world. For, indeed, that's all who ever have ~ Margaret Mead

maxboost
Username: maxboost

Post Number: 204

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 02:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ingot,
Here are some silver products

http://www.cbot.com/cbot/pub/page/0,3181,807,00.html

http://www.nymex.com/sil_fut_cso.aspx

lafee
Username: lafee

Post Number: 746

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 02:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivan,

I share your concern about having funds offshore. However, my experience with aussie brokers giving access to global derivatives is that you end up paying at least twice what everyone else (your competitors) pay in brokerage. Which, when you trade as much as I do, adds up.

Considering how weak the US dollar has been maybe it might be a good strategy to open up a US account. Tax wise we don't have to worry about uncle sam taking a cut as our government has an agreement.

Bloomberg seems to be the one stop shop for the big boys. I wonder how much it cost. Probably too much for us small timers. An account with them includes: platform, news and data access to basically anything traded anywhere.

I would stick to futures on Silver but to find a competitive broker I think you must go to the US.

Cheers Lafee

Don't ask an academic if what he does is relevant
Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Forex Made Easy - Ingots Rainbow Strategy.sirajrasul39 20-Jan-10  05:04 am
Bank Of Englandingot5409-Aug-09  04:54 am
TIPScolin_twiggs07-Aug-09  09:12 am
Kerry Johnstonresillent115 04-Aug-09  02:32 pm
Currency Tradingreealjrd18 14-Jul-09  08:41 pm
Querying Forex datacolin_twiggs14-Jul-09  03:22 pm
Tickers for currenciesdavkell13-Jul-09  12:37 am
Time is an illusion ...stoian03-Feb-09  01:45 am
$USD on the Rise?shonegold01-Dec-08  09:08 am
Is Incredible Chart can load Forex Data?lolu13 21-Nov-08  09:44 am
AUD versus USD Crisis?davkell10-Oct-08  08:07 am
EUR is supporting the US-Dollar over the 1,20 level only!stoian15-Aug-08  04:16 pm
How do I short the US Dollar?tom987654305-Jul-08  08:55 am
GLM and cross tradescrispin8023-Nov-07  12:13 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»