You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

Archive through January 14, 2007

Chart Forum » Gold & Precious Metals » GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through January 14, 2007

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
kate
Username: kate

Post Number: 468

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Thursday, December 07, 2006 - 07:37 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How interesting is this. An economy in transition with more and more people moving onto the rich list. With India following suit we may never see the gold price hit the lows it has in the past.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/art/2006/12/05/298983/Minimum_bullion_trade_volume_ cut_by_90_.htm

kate

Post Number: 479

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 08:31 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Posting an article about the possibility that gold no longer has an inverse relationship with the American dollar. I've only read it once and wish to read it at least twice more before commenting.

http://news.goldseek.com/Zealllc/1165597519.php

archer
Username: archer

Post Number: 1713

Friday, December 15, 2006 - 08:20 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Inflation-Yet more people awakening
Unfortunately HIGH inflation is assured for the very reasons
mentioned in the article
http://www.canada.com/components/print.aspx?id=2f254b6d-c441-48ad-b283-8de41c0a4 251
----------------------------
How can you trust a currency where the melt value of the
coin is greater than the face value-hahahaha
http://www.coinflation.com/
U.S. Mint bans melting pennies, nickels
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D8M0E1A01.htm
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks...will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. -Thomas Jefferson

justice
Username: justice

Post Number: 698

Saturday, December 16, 2006 - 07:49 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"It will not be allowed to escape the gravity of earth, as it would do in the absence of clandestine official intervention. Although they will be able to limit the rise in the gold price, the powers-that-be will not be able to limit the rise in its volatility."

http://www.safehaven.com/article-6505.htm

US Interest rates are set to start falling again in January; more likely than to be simply kept on hold.

POG has not decoupled from the USD - the inverse relationship holds true, as last weeks price performance would yet again attest. These two mortal enemies will never get on.

... God only knows what I'd be without you ... :-)

kate

Post Number: 482

Sunday, December 17, 2006 - 04:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Further to the article I posted on 12th December -

On one hand it is possible that hedge funds, ETFs, and artificial manipulation are masking the inverse relationship that has existed in the past making it more difficult to see. If it is the case, gold will go down further, the American dollar up and interest rates up early next year.

However if gold is supported, it will show that there is a market regardless of the US economy. I think people underestimate the huge market that is the rising middle class in both India and China especially now that the latter have reduced the restrictions on ownership.

Oil up so that should make life interesting.

kate

Post Number: 486

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 08:29 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In theory this should see another drop in the $US and a rise in gold price - if the inverse relationship holds true.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6190545.stm

Does anybody have any idea who in the US keeps selling gold immediately the London PM price fix is announced?

hilarius
Username: hilarius

Post Number: 1997

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 08:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kate

Probably an institutional robot

:-)

Hilarius

I come in peace to share my thoughts and to shine my candle light on possible long term opportunities

kate

Post Number: 487

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 11:53 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hilarius, you aren't going to spoil a potential conspiracy theory for me, are you?!!

archer

Post Number: 1722

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 12:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kate
This is a government that once confiscated (stole) gold from
its own people
Its not in its interest to see gold rise
It does NOT want its people to buy gold
Its not a conspiracy-its just economics

hilarius

Post Number: 2000

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 01:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Archer

Why would a government care one way or another whether people owned gold or not?

Hilarius

I come in peace to share my thoughts and to shine my candle light on possible long term opportunities

archer

Post Number: 1723

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 01:22 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If only 5% of merkans started buying it would go thru the roof

kate

Post Number: 488

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 01:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Archer, that is pretty much the conclusion I had come to after watching this happening day in, day out. I suppose it's one way of ensuring a slower decline of the $US.

Hilarius, I'm only guessing here but more money equals more power, more real money would equal even more power.

goldbug
Username: goldbug

Post Number: 314

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 11:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy New Year .....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/01/01/ccview01.xml

not for Gordon though ....

rederob
Username: rederob

Post Number: 2156

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 07:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bug
$850 to be hit this year?
Sounds too good to be true.
Bit like uranium doubling in price in 2006!
Bring it on.

perler59
Username: perler59

Post Number: 910

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 09:49 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

U.S. TREASURY SECRETARY HENRY M. PAULSON HAS BEEN ARRESTED IN EUROPE

Is this for real?

http://www.worldreports.org/news/38_paulson_and_cheney_s
http://www.s8.createphpbb.com/hardmoney/viewtopic.php?t=846&mforum=hardmoney

http://sttc.net.au/~stever

justice
Username: justice

Post Number: 700

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 10:13 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I were the Ambassador I'd want it all in one suit case. ;-)

http://www.safehaven.com/showarticle.cfm?id=6253

... God only knows what I'd be without you ... :-)

goldbug

Post Number: 315

Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 12:49 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i,ve just done a little bit of magical TA and projected the near vertical line to a target of $850 ....
We should reach it by breakfast ....

Regards

The BUG

kate

Post Number: 502

Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 08:12 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goldbug you weren't awake to see what happened immediately afterwards, someone ditched a lot of gold.

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livegold.html

Over the last couple of months, when the NY market opens gold has been sold off by a few dollars. This has happened most days, but never to the extent of last night's fall.

Manipulation, or are we due for a short term US dollar rally?

Regards
Kate

archer

Post Number: 1734

Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 08:24 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boy ya sure did put the moz on it goldmember(;->
A sign of whats to come(;->
Gold roars after ECB member bank buys

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/01/03/cngold03.xml

hilarius

Post Number: 2012

Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 10:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So how is silver looking?

Hilarius

rederob

Post Number: 2159

Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 11:32 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bro Hilarius
Silver is looking exceptionally strong over $12.
Some excellent volatility early in the year may be signalling that big movements (upside) are ahead.
The chart is not constructive to those looking at shorting silver, at least not for more than an intraday session!

goldbug

Post Number: 316

Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 12:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kate,

I was indeed up at the time of the dump.
The spike up, looked so good on the chart i just had to post it.

In the end, put it down to traders having fun on the first day back at work, nothing more than that. (Probably some mates of Mr Browns)

Regards

GB

goldbug

Post Number: 317

Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 01:02 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This pretty much sums it up:

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Wiegand/jan032007.html

'Refuse to participate in those very short term thinking and stomach churning prices. Watch the weeklies and monthlies. Jim Sinclair and Barry Lind use a ruler, a pencil and longer term chart channels. They are both highly experienced and respected traders with substantial wealth. Listen to the voice of experience and ignore the daily dust-ups. - Traderrog'

The BUG

goldbug

Post Number: 318

Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 09:55 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miner #1: I'm not feeling too well today. You better take my temperature.

Miner #2: What's the matter?

Miner #1: I think I have "gold fever!"

rederob

Post Number: 2175

Sunday, January 14, 2007 - 10:39 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dr Bug recommends a Bex and a good lie down.
Still looking for the smoking gun and a silver bullet?

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Gold - Close to another runscarlettsmith69429 29-May-19  03:52 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through September 04, 2009goldbug50 04-Sep-09  03:45 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through January 09, 2008archer50 09-Jan-08  09:28 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through June 02, 2007rederob25 02-Jun-07  10:47 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through February 24, 2007vermante25 24-Feb-07  05:03 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through December 06, 2006archer25 06-Dec-06  09:38 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through September 12, 2006archer25 12-Sep-06  07:45 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through August 29, 2006rederob25 29-Aug-06  07:33 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through July 15, 2006archer25 15-Jul-06  02:24 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through June 09, 2006rederob25 09-Jun-06  06:23 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through May 24, 2006justice25 24-May-06  11:25 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through April 30, 2006archer30 30-Apr-06  04:47 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through March 06, 2006goldbug36 06-Mar-06  10:42 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through January 17, 2006vermante25 17-Jan-06  07:44 am

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»