You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Archive through February 10, 2003

Chart Forum » Gold & Precious Metals » GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through February 10, 2003

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
archer
Username: archer

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, November 15, 2002 - 10:40 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is an outstanding Cup+Saucer pattern
Cup+Saucer

archer

Post Number: 5

Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 09:03 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

XAU-Index

archer

Post Number: 6

Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 09:05 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HUI-Index

coyotte
Username: coyotte

Post Number: 2

Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 10:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Archer
great to come across another gold bug I thought we where an extict species in Ozz
It is something that amazes me that if a PM stock is listed in the USA it will most likly have a massive PE eg: NEWMONT PE 70 , ANGLO PE 25 , LIHRY PE 20 and still lossing money whilst in Ozz those that the Yanks or Canadians have left us generally are in profit with nil or low debt and PEs of 6 with good F/A but awfull T/A eg: BSG and RSG (I have holdings in both)
The charts you have displayed are comfirming my own charts on POG and that is a trend line (support)that began with the Nov 2001 Low and has carried through to be briefly broken with the Nov 2002 Lows and the 29/11/2002 low --- if this trend is maintained this Fri NY close should be around or above $321 with the $330 level being broken between Jan and March 2003
Then its supposed to be all the way to the moon
Couple of sites you or others may find interesting are KITCO.com ZEALLLC.com
GOLD-EAGLE.COM/CHARTS/GOLDHEART.HTML

archer

Post Number: 7

Friday, December 06, 2002 - 09:02 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LHG

archer

Post Number: 8

Friday, December 06, 2002 - 09:06 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EMP

archer

Post Number: 9

Friday, December 06, 2002 - 04:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Coyotte
Great to hear from you.
I thought i was going to be doing a solo on this gold thread.
EMP is the gold im playing at the moment
Bought some in october 01(they were so thinly traded back then with
bid ask spreads up to 15% it took me 3 weeks to get filled)
Sold a bit early on the way up and then patiently waited for the retrace
The pattern was a beaut.
3 equal drives down (29c-28c-30c)to a low at 52c
50% of the recent high at 104c and
66.6% of the range from the all time low at 25c to 104c
That was enough for me so im in again with stops now at breakeven
I too expect new highs for gold (355-370) but still unsure weather
this is a new bull or a correction in the 20 odd year bear
EMP 3 drives to a bottom

coyotte
Username: coyotte

Saturday, December 07, 2002 - 06:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Archer
Is Gold in a bull market ?
well it most certainly has had a rising
trend line for over 12 months and what
I seem to gather at the Kitco Forum is
that PoG always leads a general rise in
commodity prices
How high the price of gold would depend
on which hat it is wearing -- commodity
or monitory
If the USD index keeps falling and the
Swiss Franc rising then gold must be in
its monitory mode -- 1970,s revisited ?
Apparently silver is required in times of war
for ammunition -- our only major play that
I know of in silver is MMN
Check out the Kitco Forum and the stuff
at Zeal for a different slant to the
typical Ozz stuff
Looking at the trend lines on your charts it
looks like you may use some of Bill Wormald,s
methods --- if you do how do you find them
with the juniors like EMP ?

aster
Username: aster

Post Number: 1

Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 02:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, I'm looking for a site which provides DJI charts and technical analysis daily. I've been using SG but it has recently been suspended. Any help appreciated. Thanks

aster

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 91

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 04:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aster

We have found a suitable data supplier and should have US indices shortly.

Colin

aster
Username: aster

Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 05:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fantastic - Colin looking forward to it.
Might I also say this site is great. Thank you so much for your hard work!!

aster

archer

Post Number: 10

Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 06:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lookin' good.
Look at those weekly candles
Breakout and close above prior swing high
XAU
HUI

optimist
Username: optimist

Monday, December 09, 2002 - 05:12 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope Archer & ors are aware that EMP can only be traded thru a broker & not thru the chess system. This may well have some effect on its movements.

archer

Post Number: 11

Monday, December 09, 2002 - 06:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Optimist
EMP is now incorporated in Australia and its
shares have been tradeable through CHESS since
1st August 2002.
Regards

archer

Post Number: 12

Monday, December 09, 2002 - 07:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Coyotte
Sorry i'm not familiar with Wormald
I guess i'm mostly a pattern trader
Trading patterns that have a high probability
The above EMP pattern of 3 drives to a bottom
is a favourite
U-turn over on the NCP thread is doing similar
stuff with the W and M patterns
I use a lot of geometry as well
Yes im aware of the sites you posted but i've been weening myself of them over the last year
as i find it affects my trading negatively.
I still visit them on the odd lazy sunday arvo
Gold looking good so far tonight but i'm always
very wary with this precious metal

All the best
Archer

archer

Post Number: 13

Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 09:54 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Textbook:-Indexes come back to kiss the trendline
goodbye
XAU
HUI

archer

Post Number: 14

Saturday, December 14, 2002 - 10:01 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LHG
EMP

windy
Username: windy

Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 10:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think gold is in a bull market @ stocks have broken out from a 6 month consolidation.Am holding emp rsg rbk @less in dio sed tam,trying to regain losses on sbm,held foolishly from 21c to now.Must confess i follow @recomend speculative-investor for guidence on gold stocks.

(Message edited by colin_twiggs on January 01, 2003)

robbo
Username: robbo

Saturday, January 11, 2003 - 07:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Future gold prices may well depend on action by the Fed and Bullion Banks esp. use of derivatives

Some interesting reading found at following websites
www.goldensextant.com/commentary18.html (Gibson's Paradox Revisited: Professor Summers Analyzes Gold Prices and www.goldensextant.com/commentaryBA2.html - Preemptive Selling of Gold:The Bigger Picture

Another website with interesting material is
www.zealllc.com/index.html - Real Rates and Gold and Behold the gold Bull

doggone1
Username: doggone1

Friday, January 17, 2003 - 01:52 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi
I am an inexperienced trader and very interested in the Chart Forum information. Regarding the interest in Gold. For the last two years I have been holding drn shares without much action. Recently they made an announcement regarding the purchase of a gold mine in Chile. Imagine my surprise when after a very brief and unimpressive climb to .135c they have lost all momentum and are trading around the .67c mark. If a gold mine cannot create interest at this time, it suggests it never could. My average share price is .1225c. It looks like I am down the gurgler!

snifter
Username: snifter

Post Number: 147

Rating: 
Votes: 5

Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 01:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two lessons to be learnt here from your DRN experience.
1. Never give yourself the potential for big losses by trading without a stop loss in place. When you enter the trade, know at what level you'll bail out if it goes against you.

2. Fundamentals that sound promising don't always equate to rising stock prices.

If I could offer one more piece of advice....stay away from illiquid stocks. DRN is very thinly traded - even if you were to get a decent gain in the stock price you might find yourself unable to get out at a price anywhere near the last price traded, due to there being no more buyers left at anywhere near that price level. Inexperienced traders unfortunately are drawn like a magnet to thinly traded stocks because they appear to have cheap price tags.
The 'cheap' price tags are because few people want them. Few people want them because they're so volatile and dangerous and difficult to trade.
These horrible little illiquid stocks are tough enough for even the pro's to trade.....for inexperienced traders they're a disaster.
Stick to something that has decent liquidity.

Cheers,
Snifter

one_strike
Username: one_strike

Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 09:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All
I'm currently holding crs and was wondering if I should have taken profits on the recent surge to 95c as it has now slipped back to 90c.I bought on the 7th Jan for 85c and was hoping for a longer term ride but now I'm not sure.
All opinions are valued
Thanks

optimist
Username: optimist

Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 10:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi one strike. A profit on CRS @ 95 would have been great but CRS is popular with instos & traders & one might expect a possible t/o target one day. Methinks POG has a way to go yet but it will have dips on the way as crises rise & fall away. Confidence is important in your decision to buy goldies unless you are a daytrader.
I have bought too many stocks only to get impatient & /or see greener fields elsewhere then later find it would have been better to have held or traded my original selection.
This has cost me & tells me something about my personality which has to be adjusted to successfully trade/invest in this difficult market.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 250

Thursday, January 30, 2003 - 02:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1strike,

None of us are sure in this type of situation. If you have a technically correct stop in place, stick with it. For example, there are equal lows at [2] and [3] so a stop just below this level would have a decent chance of holding.

In short: Stick to your trading plan. If you haven't got a trading plan, draw one up.

It's a bit early to draw a trend channel (the bottom trendline hasn't been validated yet) but look for future entries/exits at reversals near the channel lines (EG. at A and B), especially where volume dries up and the daily range is small.

Colin

crs

create
Username: create

Post Number: 45

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Monday, February 10, 2003 - 12:44 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings all,

From a purely TA point of view in relation to GOLD have you noticed there are some long term reverse head and shoulder/cup and saucer patterns which have developed in our gold stocks over the past few years?

Some stocks displaying these patterns that have recently made significant breakouts are OXR KCN

In Stan Weinsteins book.. 'Secrets for Profiting in Bull and Bear Markets', (Chapter 4) he states ....

""There is an old saying among technicians -- "the bigger the base, the bigger the move". While there are plenty of cases where short-term bases, when mixed with all the other winning ingredients, produce excellent results, always be on the lookout for a breakout from a very large base formation. This is especially important since these formations usually lead to very extensive and long-running advances. Intuitively, this theory makes a lot of sense. Just as a big house needs a very strong foundation, so, too a large base can propel a stock higher over an extended period of time. It also makes sense in technical terms. What a big base really means is that a lot of stock has changed hands during the Stage 1 formation (base). Cutting down the amount of overhead resistance. Many disenchanted sellers who were holding the stock as it plummeted, hoping to get out even, finally sold the stock in disgust to a new group of buyers at this low price. New holders are far more willing to be patient and wait for a stock to advance significantly before selling.""

""In the same vein, several such patterns forming in one group is a very bullish signal for that sector.....""

Both the XAU and HUI gold indexes are displaying these patterns on the verge of breakout..A couple of examples of those on the verge of breakout amongst ASX listed gold stocks are CRS and LHG.

There are several other stocks amongst the golds with these patterns...

Cheers
Create

US Stocks 15-minute delayed

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through February 02, 2005chance25 02-Feb-05  08:27 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through January 26, 2005goldbug25 26-Jan-05  10:46 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through December 09, 2004justice25 09-Dec-04  12:11 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through December 02, 2004rederob25 02-Dec-04  07:42 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through November 27, 2004captain_chaza25 27-Nov-04  12:25 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through November 19, 2004ingot5425 19-Nov-04  09:29 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through October 25, 2004rederob25 25-Oct-04  06:46 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through October 07, 2004colin_twiggs25 07-Oct-04  01:26 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through September 26, 2004archer25 26-Sep-04  02:09 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through August 17, 2004rederob25 17-Aug-04  10:03 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through July 12, 2004archer25 12-Jul-04  06:55 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through June 23, 2004archer25 23-Jun-04  09:52 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through March 21, 2004rederob25 21-Mar-04  07:56 am

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»