You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Archive through February 23, 2005

Chart Forum » Gold & Precious Metals » GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through February 23, 2005

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rederob
Username: rederob

Post Number: 611

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 04:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin's trading diary missed Friday's close, so that's fixed below:

Friday was important as gold strengthened in euro terms on a steady greenback, AND while China was offline for their new year.
Note that if gold pushes over $428 it has a thin path of resistance in moving higher.
Ideally next week will see some consolidation and a touch more upside - a close above $420 next Friday will be welcome.

goldbug
Username: goldbug

Post Number: 93

Monday, February 14, 2005 - 11:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

$US being smashed today in Asian trading.
Probably playing catchup...

POG being sucked along in its path....$423 as we speak.
$430 the obvious next short term target.

Cheap tickets still available!

Regards

GB (not Gordon Brown)

goldbug

Post Number: 94

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 - 08:09 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting article by Dan Norcini on Gold Eagle: "in spite of the fact that more FUND LONG LIQUIDATION as a percentage of the total open interest has occurred with each major price setback over the last two years, the corresponding gold price drop has been successively shallower. First, a drop of $70, then $60, and now thus far, $50, even though there has been more fund net long liquidation on a percentage basis on each occasion. What this tells me as a trader analyzing this market is that more and more buying is emerging on each of these larger price setbacks in gold and that the buyers are absorbing successively larger amounts of selling - so much so that gold's price dips are becoming more and more shallow. That can only bode well for the gold price as we move forward into this generational bull market in gold."

goldbug

Post Number: 95

Friday, February 18, 2005 - 01:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rederob's prediction for a 'reversel' week eventuated and some.

POG short term is entering overbought but.....

that said we are heading into the weekend and some buying may occur with geopolitical risks raising its ugly head once again....this time Syria and Iran in a fingers up to the US..... and North Korea boasting about having a nuke....
Mr Magoo also out the way (pretty much a non event as far as everything is concerned..... the US economy is just doin' fine....yawn...)

POG is now entering a multiweek rally......
(see below) dont just take my word for it.....

The generational bull market in gold is entering into another phase which may take it to 20 year highs..
this may take 6 - 9 months or it could happen sooner time will tell but for the few that do believe good on you and poo poo to the rest.....

regards

GB

rederob

Post Number: 616

Friday, February 18, 2005 - 04:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Gordon (goldbug)
As the daily RSI is at 56 I think there is a shipload of headroom.
I will wait till tomorrow's close posting daily chart.
Certainly very positive and a break over $428 tonight would be excellent.
Where's that darned vermante - have got his tickets, just need the money from him now!
rr

goldbug

Post Number: 96

Friday, February 18, 2005 - 06:50 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

cheers rederob,
a close tonight on the highs over $428 will be very bullish indeed.....with the $US on the back foot and gold holding $427 at the moment it is quite possible...
regards
gb

goldbug

Post Number: 101

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 07:49 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think inflation is a bigger problem than we are led to believe..

this maybe the vehicle that carries POG to higher levels in the future and diverts the POG from the POG / weak $US relationship that has flourished for the last 3 years....all good things come to an end.

We are (i think) at this transitory period when the POG latches onto the inflation theme. this usually grabs the attention of funds, as was the case on a bloomberg special this morning were gold was discussed as an investment in times of rising inflation.

regards

gb

vermante
Username: vermante

Post Number: 248

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 08:09 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rederob,

No rush to hop on the tram yet. POG will have to break U.S $432 to grab my interest.

CRS recently deferred a project due to higher than expected contract moving rates and the fall in the POG. This was when POG was at $412/OZ. Cannot see them rushing out to recommence the project with POG at U.S $427/OZ

Cheers

Vermante

goldbug

Post Number: 102

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 08:25 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vermante (excuse the interruption)

thats whats so attractive about gold....its difficult and expensive to mine, you just can't turn on a printing press....

welcome back....your tickets are still with rr, although due to inflation we have had to increase the price.....sorry about that....

regards

gb

vermante

Post Number: 249

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 09:01 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goldbug

No rush for the tickets yet. Happy to pay a higher entry price.

Cheers

Vermante

goldbug

Post Number: 103

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 09:18 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no problems vermante.....as soon as $432 is crossed your tickets will be in the mail...

regards
gb

goldbug

Post Number: 104

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 01:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The $US dollar being heavily sold again in asia at the moment blasting through 1.31 Euro.....subsequently POG trading through $428.....
the current rally is gaining some 'traction' or was that 'its well anchored'

regards
gb

goldbug

Post Number: 105

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 02:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.321gold.com/editorials/paul/paul022205.html

rederob

Post Number: 625

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 07:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

$430 breached and NY markets a way off online trading.
Vermante may be watching with more interest tonight, than usual.
The technical traders could come into the market with guns blazing and launch us to $440 before week's end.
Whatever the bear camp might think, POG seems entrenched over $400 in 2005 and only something totally unforeseen is likely to change that.
I note also a large camp of "we are NOT US dollar bears" in the mainstream markets. What is interesting about this is the "negative" phrasing - they don't seem to be US dollar bulls!!!!

captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 1092

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 08:23 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't want to be a needle in the woodpile but I told you so!

I have pulled out all stops
And will try soon to go to sleep

Crikey!
We had a great Ozzie Breakfast
A brilliant Yum Cha
Spagetti and Frog legs for lunch
Lovely scones with the Tea-bags for after-nooners

I am not too sure what to expect when we hit the USA for dinner later tonite

Anyway I think I have got them by the balls
AND I am not letting go
All my stops are out!!!

This is what I call Sailing against the Yanks

I don't want to be a needle in the woodpile but I told you so!

I have pulled out all stops
And will try soon to go to sleep

Crikey!
We had a great Ozzie Breakfast
A brilliant Yum Cha
Spagetti and Frog legs for lunch
Lovely scones with the Tea-bags for afters

I am not too sure what to expect when we hit the USA for dinner later tonite

Anyway I think I have got them by the balls
AND I am not letting go
All my stops are out!!!

This is what I call Sailing against the Yanks

Salute
Captain Chaza

(Message edited by captain_chaza on February 22, 2005)

(Message edited by captain_chaza on February 22, 2005)

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

goldbug

Post Number: 106

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 08:29 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'll go one better rr at predict $440 tonight....always the optimist (wishful thinker)
an article on bloomberg this evening suggesting that the current fed tightening of gradual interest rates is having the opposite effect of what the fed is trying to achieve....
http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000006&sid=ax4TkYj_nC74&refer=home

there is so much evidence around to suggest a strong rise in the POG tonight but, as we have seen before it can just as easily be sold down by the manipulators.....ie bullion banks working in cohoots with the central banks etc etc etc

also on bloomberg:

South Korea's central bank, which has a total $200 billion in reserves, said in a report to a parliamentary committee on Feb. 18 that it will increase investments in assets denominated in currencies such as the Australian and Canadian dollars. Korean investors, including the central bank, are the fifth-biggest foreign holders of U.S. Treasuries.

``The market will now be looking to other central banks and what they will be doing, including the European central banks and Middle Eastern banks,'' said Mansoor Mohi-Uddin, head of currency strategy at UBS AG in London. ``The market has got nervous and has continued selling the dollar.''

vermante, start writing that cheque your ticket is in the mail...

regards

gb

rederob

Post Number: 626

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 08:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Captain chaza

reliably am told dinner is "on toast" - think it's the blessed bush turkey

greenspan appears with decks awash - only way to make sense of his mutterings

ho ho ho and a bottle of rum

have found another sheet to put in the wind - that makes three

am replacing the brightwork topside with gold - for good effect

yours
bull ensign

captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 1094

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 10:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have got them everyway and whichway

This is really GREAT fun!

capn

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

justice
Username: justice

Post Number: 350

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 10:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad to see the Sirens didn't get to you CC.
They almost had me. Some level-headed words from rr and Snifter pulled me away from those most alluring rocks in the nick of time.

A toast to midGe and perler59 besides. (and to Woodie) amongst others.

Unlike a gambler, a speculator cannot successfully play the game at just any time. The speculator patiently waits until the odds are wildly on his side that a certain market move is “inevitable”, to use Jesse Livermore’s immortal words, before launching his trade.

Faber est suae quisque fortunae.
Each man is the smith of his own fortune.~ Appius Claudius Caecus

rederob

Post Number: 627

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 - 11:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vermante
$432 twice breached and NY spot just opened
at which point does the ticket holder take possession of the remedy?
or is there another "sign" we need to look for so that the uptrend can be confirmed short/medium/long?
did we tell you that Captain Chaza has the adjoining seat -fear not as he is all at sea up in the air
meet him at the golden wing club for a shanty:

Whiskey-o, Johny-o
Rise her up from down below
Whiskey, whiskey, whiskey-o
Up aloft this yard must go
John rise her up from down below

Now whiskey is the life of man
Always was since the world began

Now whiskey gave me a broken nose
And whiskey made me pawn me clothes

Now whiskey is the life of man
Whiskey from that old tin can

I thought I heard the first mate say
I treats me crew in a decent way

A glass of whiskey all around
And a bottle full for the shanty man

vermante

Post Number: 250

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 06:18 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rederob/Goldbug

I am in , Thanks for the tickets -Cheque is "in the mail". A portion of the trading bank has been deployed into gold plays

Based on yesterday's move your unbridled enthusiasm is warranted .

The Captain in the next seat and a bottle of scotch should make for an interesting journey.

Cheers

Vermante

goldbug

Post Number: 107

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 06:36 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

could someone who left the wc on double 'dollar' flush please fix it, as we have poo rising and its starting to make me a bit heady......

welcome aboard vermante....always happy to take your money.
i hear the captain has a drinking problem so i'd probably hide that bottle of scotch.....dont want him slurring his words....

flight 101 gold has left the tarmac, destination unknown....
if you haven't already could you please fasten your seatbelts....we do expect a bit of turbulence as we reach warp 2 as we catapult into the stratosphere, please don't be alarmed as people exit the ship as we accelerate this is quite normal....this should be viewed as a bonus firstly there will be more room in the aircraft to wonder around and chat to your fellow travellers and secondly there will be more of that special golden tea to titilate the taste buds.

if you see people outside freezing and screaming to let them in, by all means make funny faces at them this is also quite normal on these trips, if they look really desperate throw em a cookie and see them scatter.......

sit back, relax and enjoy the show as the fire works have only just started.

rederob

Post Number: 628

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 06:36 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

aye aye

goldbug

Post Number: 108

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 07:07 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rr

AYE-AYE
This family contains a single species, the highly distinctive aye-aye. These animals are around 400 mm long excluding the bushy tail, which more than doubles the body length. The fur is long, woolly, and dark brown in color. The combination of bushy tail and woolly fur gives the animal a sort of unkempt, shaggy appearance. Aye-ayes have large, naked, mobile ears, a muzzle that is shorter than that of most lemurs but longer than lorises, and large eyes with yellowish brown irises.
The forefeet of aye-ayes are unique. All foretoes are long and thin, but the third is extraordinarily so due to an especially elongated metacarpal. It and all other toes except the hallux bear claws; the hallux has a nail. Aye-ayes also have an unmistakeable skull and teeth. The adult incisors are tremendously enlarged and evergrowing. Only their anterior surface bears enamel, so they self-sharpen as they wear in the same manner as rodent incisors. The cheekteeth are flattened and have indistinct cusps.

Aye-ayes eat insect larvae, which they retrieve from bark and wood by gnawing holes with their rodent-like incisors, then hooking the larvae out with their enlarged third forefingers. They locate wood-boring larvae by tapping on branches with the third finger and listening for movement. They also feed on fruit, eggs, and bamboo shoots.

These animals are quadrupedal. They do not use the "vertical clinging and leaping" style of locomotion common to many other strepsirhines. Little is known about their social behavior; aye-ayes are usually seen singly or in pairs. They occasionally emit brief cries but are usually silent.

muzza
Username: muzza

Post Number: 233

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 - 08:29 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

G'day,

Given the shift in the winds would anyone care to comment on what are the preferred trading instruments that are best leveraged to POG in

1. 1-6 weeks timeframe
2. 3 month
3. 9-12 month

cheers

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through November 25, 2005holycow25 25-Nov-05  06:40 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through October 28, 2005volvodriver25 28-Oct-05  09:40 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through October 11, 2005kate25 11-Oct-05  03:53 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through October 06, 2005justice25 06-Oct-05  06:23 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through September 24, 2005vermante25 24-Sep-05  12:58 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through September 17, 2005ingot5425 17-Sep-05  05:17 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through August 17, 2005rederob68 17-Aug-05  10:26 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through June 18, 2005rederob25 18-Jun-05  10:14 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through June 11, 2005rederob74 11-Jun-05  10:51 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through May 13, 2005vermante25 13-May-05  01:46 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through April 27, 2005goldbug25 27-Apr-05  02:22 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through April 07, 2005goldbug25 07-Apr-05  06:39 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through March 17, 2005goldbug25 17-Mar-05  09:59 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through February 11, 2005rederob25 11-Feb-05  11:36 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»