You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

Archive through September 17, 2005

Chart Forum » Gold & Precious Metals » GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through September 17, 2005

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
whitesamurai
Username: whitesamurai

Post Number: 11

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Thursday, August 18, 2005 - 11:46 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gold gaining against all currencies as I watch tonight. This is a very good sign and Aussie holders are starting to get the rewards that our friends in the US have been enjoying for the past three years. Too early to tell if we'll take out US$455 by the end of the week but AUD$600 looking very likely.

rederob
Username: rederob

Post Number: 1257

Saturday, August 20, 2005 - 09:40 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not the best of weeks, nor the worst, for POG.
Despite giving up all of its gains from the previous week, as whitesamurai notes above, the euroPOG and OzPOG prices have held up well - euro$359 and AUD$561.
For the Rastas, I have produced a delightful chart.
For everyone else, a pair of sunnies is in order:

vermante
Username: vermante

Post Number: 414

Monday, August 29, 2005 - 09:42 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Watch- unusual strong jump in POG this morning- Any disasters ?

Cheers

Vermante

archer
Username: archer

Post Number: 922

Monday, August 29, 2005 - 09:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vermante
the hurricane in the gulf has turned cat.5 and is threatening to do a lot of damage
Oil should spike too

vermante
Username: vermante

Post Number: 415

Monday, August 29, 2005 - 10:41 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Archer

Cheers

Vermante

archer

Post Number: 924

Monday, August 29, 2005 - 11:56 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Crude up nearly 4 dollars to 70 but natural gas spiked
up 20%
ngas

archer

Post Number: 932

Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 10:28 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Time for me to get back into the golds
CRS this morning

hilarius
Username: hilarius

Post Number: 937

Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 10:36 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Archer

At the Friary we are using medieval alchemy to turn coal and iron into gold

BHP BSL

Buy Hold and Pray

Blessings Be Unto You And Peace

As It Was In The Beginning Is Now And Ever Shall Be

Your humble brother

Hilarius

I come in peace to share my thoughts and to shine my candle light on possible long term opportunities

rederob

Post Number: 1307

Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 11:46 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A spectacular push of the precious metal in recent hours is knocking at $440 and likely to be let in.
September is the month!
The greenback rally is likely to be safely behind us, leaving POG to be eurodriven via another tilt at a peak over $1.40 (presently about $1.24 and rising).
While Dr Bug has been gravely concerned over some bad medicine practised on silver, gold has drifted in the $430s with no real concern either way.
By months end I am going out on a limb to tip a breach of $455 while the support bar is raised to $425.
Spring is sprung
The POG has riz
I wonder where
The bear now is?
The bear is on the claw
but that's absurd
I always thought the claw was on the bear

hilarius
Username: hilarius

Post Number: 945

Friday, September 02, 2005 - 09:24 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your Readiness

The only gold stock I ever owned literally blew up in my face as I was eating Christmas lunch

Which gold stock position would you recommend to a new chum in the gold fields?

Has the gold rush gone too far already?

With Best Wishes

Hilarius

I come in peace to share my thoughts and to shine my candle light on possible long term opportunities

rederob

Post Number: 1310

Friday, September 02, 2005 - 10:47 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Bro Hilarius
Lihir (I do not hold) has not lived up to its reputation, and its chart shows this.
However, the secret to gold is what is in the ground, and LHG has bountiful gold.
Lihir has not good a good hedge position, but has reduced its mining costs of late and upped its output.
I expect 2006 will be the beginning of very good times for Lihir, so the question is one of entry price.
If POG does its annual run north from here, then buying LHG near term could be a fruitful trade.

whitesamurai
Username: whitesamurai

Post Number: 12

Friday, September 02, 2005 - 11:40 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hilarius and Rederob,

I assume Hilarius is talking about Gympie Gold. What a pity that company burnt many a festive lunch, it was mining coal to support cashflow and would have enjoyed a nice run assuming gold resources were what they said. We may soon find out.

As for Lihr, I agree with Rederob and believe the run will continue. One factor I think has appeal is their thermal energy program. With the rising oil price it now looks like a superb bit of forward planning. I hold and have ridden the good and the bad. A long term keeper for mine.

rederob

Post Number: 1313

Friday, September 02, 2005 - 06:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WS, he may have meant those Sons of .......... Gwalia!
Anyhow, always good to see POG on the rise.
Tho in euro terms it's pretty much unchanged around $355, which I call "weak" given that it should have pushed to euro$360 if it had some balls.
Never mind, in Oz terms, we are over AU$581 right now, which is constructive.
Could be an interesting night as Katrina has sent shivers over a hugely disbelieving merican populace who are finding it hard to conceive the bedlam AND the inability to mitigate it or the attendant infrastructure problems down south.
Anyone reckon we will see $450 tonight?
Bring it on........

greenspansgout
Username: greenspansgout

Post Number: 7

Sunday, September 04, 2005 - 02:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some of you might want to check out BMA Gold (ASX: BMO). The stock has its pluses and minuses. Production should start for it some time this month; it has high grades, with further upside expected as they dig deeper. Unhedged; has low costs, good management. Only has a relatively small proven resource, but it should be a real money spinner if everything goes to plan. Not a large share issue. Last traded at 26 cents on Friday. For a small Aussie goldster, I think it might be worth at least a look for you ladies and gentlemen.

rederob

Post Number: 1335

Monday, September 05, 2005 - 12:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

greenspansgout
Had a look.
Nice recovery grades ahead.
Yes may be some upside too.
Not a big risk for those wanting to get onto their first gold stock - as a smallcap producer.

greenspansgout
Username: greenspansgout

Post Number: 8

Monday, September 05, 2005 - 03:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I take it some here have jumped aboard the SBM train: garnered SGW's tenements for next to nix. I wish I'd got on it earlier, though!!

goldbug
Username: goldbug

Post Number: 268

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 08:19 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

philjohn warned us early on this one ....

https://forum.incrediblecharts.com/messages/8/466691.html

target 28c...

Regards

GB

rederob

Post Number: 1360

Thursday, September 08, 2005 - 11:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every now and then Bulliondesk and Kitco "live" prices diverge by a dollar an ounce or more.
This divergence is now on my screens with POG tripping over $449 at Bulliondesk while sitting at high $447s at Kitco.
In euro terms we are seeing a POG rise from $357ish to well over $360.
This return of euro strength to POG is what the doctor ordered so that US$POG can trip over $450 and hit a 2005 high.
I don't expect it will happen tonight, but the upside pressure on holding over $445 is likely to keep the pressure up and Friday might be a good time to hold long rather than profit take given the economic uncertainties eventuating from Katrina and its impact on Mississippi trade flows.

rederob

Post Number: 1366

Saturday, September 10, 2005 - 09:35 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another good week for gold.
Europog at $361 and ausPOG at $579.
The WEEKLY chart below shows that POG has remained over $400 for the last 12 months.
A series of higher lows, albeit marginally so this year, has prevented POG from the large declines of 2004, and raised progressively higher the supportive long term moving averages.
Towards Xmas sees POG in its traditional strong phase. So a repeat pattern of 2004 would move it to just under $500 by year's end.
Those who have been concerned about rising US interest rates impacting the gold price should get worried if the rate rises tail off. Gold has survived the rate increases, a strengthening greenback, a steady US economy and Central Bank gold sales.
Remove any of these factors from play and the case for gold remains to the upside.

rederob

Post Number: 1382

Friday, September 16, 2005 - 04:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I type, POG is at a 17 year high and only $1.40 shy of $460.
Immediate greenback weakness is propelling gold higher and it may be that the pre-open momentum tricks the US black box fund traders into buys, given they are unlikely to have reliable technical guidance in the new blue skies.
The DOW and greenback will give strong clues to next week - hard to see the new highs continue without a bout of profit taking.
But will that be nearer $470?
One thing for sure, it WAS uranium but it's NOW gold.

rederob

Post Number: 1386

Friday, September 16, 2005 - 09:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dr Bug
POG @ $460.20
Blue pills are working.
nuf sed

goldbug
Username: goldbug

Post Number: 272

Friday, September 16, 2005 - 09:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

some more for the night shift......

rederob

Post Number: 1391

Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 09:28 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dr Bug
POG briefly "redlined" overnight.
Seems the roaring 40s filled POG with enough get up to go through mid life crisis without so much as a by your leave.
Given that the 60s are no longer a time for retirement, your medication should see this patient to a ripe old age.
Medical chart below:

rederob

Post Number: 1393

Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 10:07 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Forgot to add the most important 2 bits of info.
First, during the week POG rose only US$10 but by 14euro dollars. Thus POG's disconnect from the greenback is increasingly evident.
Secondly, and most importantly for OZ gold stock holders, POG increased by over AU$18/oz and now sits just a few dollars shy of $600.
This price movement will principally favour the unhedged producers, and the larger producers next.
While I expect LHG could lead the pack on Monday open the greatest beneficiary is likely to be OXR in real world terms.

ingot54
Username: ingot54

Post Number: 829

Saturday, September 17, 2005 - 04:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like the POG has finally yawned and heeded the words of the Dr, to awaken from its coma.

Australia's largest gold producer has a recent break above first 150-day MA and now 200-day MA.

I refer to OGD, and I'm wondering if it (this link) might provide better short-term gains %-wise?

I do not hold - watching, learning, charting ...

Keep Smiling

Trading style :Short Term and CFD's predominantly

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through May 24, 2006justice25 24-May-06  10:25 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through April 30, 2006archer30 30-Apr-06  03:47 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through March 06, 2006goldbug36 06-Mar-06  09:42 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through January 17, 2006vermante25 17-Jan-06  06:44 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through January 10, 2006archer25 10-Jan-06  02:42 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through December 27, 2005captain_chaza25 27-Dec-05  05:22 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through December 09, 2005hilarius25 09-Dec-05  02:07 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through November 29, 2005archer25 29-Nov-05  10:40 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through November 25, 2005holycow25 25-Nov-05  05:40 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through October 28, 2005volvodriver25 28-Oct-05  08:40 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through October 11, 2005kate25 11-Oct-05  02:53 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through October 06, 2005justice25 06-Oct-05  05:23 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through September 24, 2005vermante25 24-Sep-05  11:58 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? Archive through August 17, 2005rederob68 17-Aug-05  09:26 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»