You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

Archive through October 06, 2005

Chart Forum » Gold & Precious Metals » GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through October 06, 2005

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rederob
Username: rederob

Post Number: 1461

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 12:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vermante
you are too clever for me
you know that in a two horse race the odds can never be more than 2:1 or one's shirt is off to the cleaners
i will need more than one willing punter to defray the odds should I offer you 7:4 or better
but in the spirit of hilarius dollars betting i will make the special offer to you of 10:1 and lay off any uncertainty to digger (aka dug) who knows folk in the valley that will gladly break your legs when you come to collect your winnings - he says that's what they call a "broken promise"
so vermante, stump up!

vermante
Username: vermante

Post Number: 453

Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 01:02 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rederob

As I value my legs more than the exceptional odds of 10/1, I shall abstain from trying to obtain a slice of the Hilarius dollars.I also have doubts as to the purchasing power of the Hilarius dollars.

Will have to just watch the footy for enjoyment in the absence of possible monetary gain.

Cheers

Vermante

rederob

Post Number: 1462

Saturday, September 24, 2005 - 01:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vermante
as always, it's a pleasure doing business
yes, hilarius dollars are being devalued by inflationary forces
i am trying to convert him to a gold standard
but he keeps making a sign of the cross
i cannot betray the sanctity of confession
dare i tell of one's regrets

ps he keeps muttering about St Barbera, the patron saint of miners, but won't tell me the full story

archer
Username: archer

Post Number: 975

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 08:22 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greenspan-"U.S has LOST CONTROL of its budget deficit"
Gold anyone???
http://www.leadingthecharge.com/stories/news-0077104.html

thommo78
Username: thommo78

Post Number: 54

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 09:14 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

morning all,
another view (not necessarily my own) on this market .. US futures broker i use is calling for a correction in crude that he believes will pave the way for a correction in POG:

..."Technically the breakout is reminiscent of the last two gold breakouts on a monthly chart, showing significant likelihood of a major retracement over the next months. On the chart below you can breaks through 430 and 460 led to 10% plus market retracements within 3 months. To me, the price of puts are so cheap, and the market is too bullish not to continue to be vehemently contrarian..."

..."I am so confident that we will see the gold market fail that I will make the following challenge – Open a new trading account at JMTG Brokerage and buy Dec. ‘05 gold 440, 450, or 460 puts in that account (by Friday September 30th, 2005). If those puts aren’t exited or exercised for a profit, I will personally give you a full refund of the commission & fees associated with that transaction!* I don’t just write about it, I back it up – does your broker?..."

rederob

Post Number: 1475

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 05:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thommo
i bet he does his shirt!
but note that he only goes as low as $440 -
i call that a continuation of trend
albeit at the low side
even if oil comes down, gold will continue higher
POG is now disconnected from the greenback
and oil is just fueling inflation and "assisting" gold
the POO:POG correlation is not as strong as people might think
top that up with the growing US budget and current account deficits and POG's future is in safe hands
had there been signs of weakening POG, then a significant retrace would be on the cards
at the moment retraces will be due to profit taking as fear and greed start to take hold of the penned animals

rederob

Post Number: 1476

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 06:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vermante
You forgot to remind me on Saturday that POG was on a retrace - little wonder the Eagles were clipped!!!
Tonight:
POG starting to recover the ground it lost this morning.
In AUD terms it has just scaled $615 for the first time in a few years.
While in euro terms POG is now rising through $386 having recovered 2 dollars in 2 hours
Most apparent is the exceptionally lively trade pre-open, suggesting to me that we could be in for a very interesting outcome in the morning.
However, as my footy tippy is next to useless, so might be the above

rederob

Post Number: 1481

Thursday, September 29, 2005 - 07:11 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

POG is trying to reclaim its recent USD intraday peak above $475 but it is a slow affair.
Spot gold starts today at $468.60.
Good news on POG in euro and Oz dollar bases sees further gains on a steady greenback: euroPOG @ $389 and OzPOG @ $617.
Silver is holding onto POG's coattails and starts today at AU$9.63 (or US$7.32).
I don't think we have yet had the typical retrace that tests the confidence of goldbugs, so a fall below $455 would not be a big surprise. Nor would it be an essential element of this cycle north given gold's lond period of consolidation.
Gold needs another 10% rise to break through US$500 and while this is not a fait accompli before Xmas, it is clearly going to happen based on trend continuation.

rederob

Post Number: 1486

Friday, September 30, 2005 - 06:43 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A new day dawns and silver shines: Touching US$7.50 and easing back slightly to $7.47 as we go to air (or AU$9.81).
This might mean MMN adds another cent - but at least does not fall back any.
POG had a fair dinkum rollercoaster ride, collapsing each time it hit $473 - starts today at US$471.80 (or AU$620).
Where are we then?
POG rising with the greenback and increasing substantially in other currency terms. Any decline in the greenback is likely to spur POG to greater heights extremely rapidly.
In Oz markets, unhedged gold plays will again do well today and dont be surprised if LHG ends the week a shade under $2.
With oil prices set to rise further tonight, I expect a real chance at POG entering the weekend over $475 - no bull!

whitesamurai
Username: whitesamurai

Post Number: 14

Friday, September 30, 2005 - 12:20 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Random thoughts from a POG POO prognosticator...

As we sit on this cusp of inflation let us say a prayer to Big Al and the mighty sword he swathed through rising prices. He tamed the wild beast only to see it teased and set lose on an unsuspecting public. Pity the successor who cannot pull the sword from the rock once more. As control over prices becomes lost, the rock itself begins to rise with the balooning POG and POO until all is lost.

The US had to go through necessary restructuring to get them the renewed harvests of surplus. Money that was spent by a fool who was told too much. It was worthless anyway...

And now we await yet another retrace to confirm what we already know. The game is still afoot and $500 will not go easily. It is no way to send Al off. We need a sub $445 close one last time to get there. Let it ride to $487 and await the unseasonal doldrums. Left unabated like this POG will become the destructive one. We want it to be constructive.

I would expect the catalyst for the retrace will be Asian inspired, the move after that should reveal the master plan. We couldn't go on forever using their savings...

thommo78
Username: thommo78

Post Number: 62

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 10:25 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rederob et al. I wonder when this POG correction will cease so I can add to my gold stocks?

rederob

Post Number: 1504

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 10:50 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thommo
Exactly a week ago spot gold started the day at $468.60 - whereas today it sits just US$3 lower despite our market turmoil.
POG in euro and Oz dollar terms have experienced slight declines as well; from euro$389 to $387 today and OzPOG from $617 to $612 today.
Silver jumped ahead over the week and starts today at US$7.38 or AU$9.74 (last week @ US$7.32 or AU$9.63).
During that same period LHG has thrown off 20cents (over 10%) and could retrace further!
I personally would buy more right now but for the fact that 20% of my stock portfolio already has gold exposure and one must draw the line somewhere.

archer

Post Number: 1002

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 11:02 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im picking up cheap gold and silver company options
during this panic

archer

Post Number: 1003

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 11:04 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More IGR too{-;>

justice
Username: justice

Post Number: 420

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 12:49 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's at least one more day of panic, if Bollinger rules apply - the indicator; not the bubbly. :-)

... d'ICE ... :-)

ken
Username: ken

Post Number: 281

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 12:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Justice,

Could you please elaborate on what this Bollinger rule says?

Ken

Price is the leader of the market crowd. (Elder)
Members of the crowd follow the leader and experience the same emotions as each other.
To be independent of the crowd we must not change our behaviour with price.

archer

Post Number: 1004

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 01:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Justice
Thats the pattern im looking out for
Another hard down day to form the 3 black crow pattern
Rally for a week or 2 which cant even make the 50% then
down we go again

justice

Post Number: 421

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 01:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ken,
Did I say rule? Nothing is written in stone of course; but the natural tendency for price to traverse from one extreme band to the other band is enhanced significantly when the median line on the Bollinger bands is broken.
quite cleanly in this case. There will be more panic... it may not be tomorrow! But Wall St. may not be finished it's plunge just yet.
Look back to the pattern starting March 22 for more clues.

Archer,
It may be just another replay in the scheme of things.

Current overview:

rederob

Post Number: 1507

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 03:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A few minutes to go on "carnage day 2" and LHG has its green lights turned on in a blood-red sea.
That says a good deal about what action lies ahead for gold markets should the carnage continue.

archer

Post Number: 1007

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 04:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NCM finished up also after being nearly 4% down during the
day
And a big buyer right on the close came in and pushed
my favorite small into the green

rederob

Post Number: 1508

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 04:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

archer
only 2 of my stock turned green - LHG and EQI
1 was unchanged - CRS
OXR has not fared that well, but could have copped it worse, all things considered: yet OXR only produces gold and copper, and copper last night hit an all time contract high and is mooted for further increases, while we know gold is only $10 off its recent 17year cycle high
commodities generally seem less worse off!
except oil stocks that have had an absolute thrashing
for the record, as i post this to site, Ozpog has climbed almost AU$3/oz today and could rise further as the euro is climbing against the greenback in late arvo trade

(Message edited by rederob on October 06, 2005)

archer

Post Number: 1008

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 04:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A few little reds wont matter in a short while rederob
Gold breaking out in multiple currencies means investors
from all over the world will be participating in the next
gold move
it should be fun

kate
Username: kate

Post Number: 138

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 04:52 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you know why OXR was down, I couldn't understand it with the gold and copper prices the way they were.
If the euro is rising against the dollar is Wall St in for another drop tonight? To me it all seems like a lot of fear for two (US,OZ) supposedly sound economies - budget deficits aside.

justice

Post Number: 422

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 05:15 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So what's wrong with the Gold Bugs Index:

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$hui,uu[w,a]daclyyay[dc][pc50!c200!f][vc60][iuo14!la12,26,9]&r=5315

justice

Post Number: 423

Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 05:23 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If they were worried about inflation, couldn't they work out Gold companies were a buy yesterday?

me

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through July 15, 2006archer25 15-Jul-06  01:24 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through June 09, 2006rederob25 09-Jun-06  05:23 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through May 24, 2006justice25 24-May-06  10:25 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through April 30, 2006archer30 30-Apr-06  03:47 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through March 06, 2006goldbug36 06-Mar-06  09:42 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through January 17, 2006vermante25 17-Jan-06  06:44 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through January 10, 2006archer25 10-Jan-06  02:42 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through December 27, 2005captain_chaza25 27-Dec-05  05:22 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through December 09, 2005hilarius25 09-Dec-05  02:07 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through November 29, 2005archer25 29-Nov-05  10:40 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through November 25, 2005holycow25 25-Nov-05  05:40 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through October 28, 2005volvodriver25 28-Oct-05  08:40 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through October 11, 2005kate25 11-Oct-05  02:53 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through September 24, 2005vermante25 24-Sep-05  11:58 am

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»