You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Archive through January 17, 2006

Chart Forum » Gold & Precious Metals » GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through January 17, 2006

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 1597

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 03:23 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Phew!
Crikey! That was a scary day!
At least we weathered the storm for the moment anyway, hey?

That bout of profit taking was totally unexpected !!
Probably just a simple Contrarian fund manager with nothing better to do with other peoples money?

'Stopped me dead in my tacks in the afternoon

Salute and Good Health
capn

(Message edited by Captain_Chaza on January 10, 2006)

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 291

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 09:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"God Bless America"

and

"heaven help the printer mechanic who cannot keep the machine up and running 24 / 7 "

I was sure the inflation figures were low !
Are we being told porkies by the financially responsible government running our country ?
Nothing like a change of "Greenspan" to clean out the cupboard, happens every time a new CEO walks into a company so ...........

PS Mr Archer
What happens to realestate when paper is worth less ?
What should we do to apart from buy gold,gold,gold ?
Are cars going to be cheaper ? or do we buy old cars

hilarius
Username: hilarius

Post Number: 1464

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 09:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There will be plenty of jobs in empty factories for people willing to work for less than Chinese or Indian wages

This is not a racist point of view ... I admire those countries which are pulling themselves out of poverty by their shoestrings

It's called globalisation and we ain't seen nothing yet

No one owes the "rich" nations a living, but our role as raw material supplier may keep us going for a while

Hilarius

I come in peace to share my thoughts and to shine my candle light on possible long term opportunities

archer
Username: archer

Post Number: 1261

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 01:03 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

msparks
Just about everything rises BECAUSE money is worth less
Look at the realestate market since gold started its rise
This inflationary period could last anywhere from 2-20 years and when it ends you want to be holding something
that can be easily sold-anything liquid
Gold and silver are very liquid
Collectables and antiques are quite liquid
Artworks a little less so
Cars less again
Houses-NOT liquid

hilarius

Post Number: 1468

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 01:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear Archer

Despite rising oil costs the world is awash with productive capacity and productivity improvements

Many goods are cheaper in real terms

Service provision is more competitive than ever

Chance of significant inflation is close to zero

Blessings and Peace

Hilarius

I come in peace to share my thoughts and to shine my candle light on possible long term opportunities

archer

Post Number: 1262

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 02:08 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Chance of significant inflation is close to zero"
Then im even further ahead with my PM holdings as i dont
have to subtract inflation

msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 293

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 03:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi H
Perhaps you could define the term inflation?

As i said earlier the government tells me the inflation rate is low.

Why has my house doubled in price,and materials to renovate my house have near doubled,labour for tradesman have near doubled,and my rates,energy and water costs have increased by large percentages.(oh,did i mention education costs,childcare,medical)

Sure, i can buy some cheap stuff at the $2 shop but do i really need this junk.

Archer say's all i need is gold and silver.
What do you say H ?

By the way H
Your post
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 10:51 pm
Really not impressed with the comments.

Seems populate or perish is the way.
Prefer the old way, divide and conquer myself.
The environment would sure benefit from the latter.
And if that is too deep
"you don't feed the enemy so they can grow big and strong and eat you"(DUH)
and
"if ya stink up your own nest, don't try and come and live in mine" OK
Politically and morally suicide, but hey, its the truth RIGHT!

Globalisation sucks !!! we just don't know it yet !!!

brand
Username: brand

Post Number: 19

Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 04:26 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

M-3 has been launched into outer space, up another $56.3 billion last week, up $92.4 billion over the past two. This is some real horsepower. Over six weeks, the meaningless figure, ahem, is up $177.8 billion. These annualized growth rates are 28.7 percent, 23.6 percent, and 15.3 percent respectively. Those are the seasonally adjusted figures. The raw, non-seasonally adjusted, figure is up $293.3 billion over the past 12 weeks, on a pace to add 1.2 trillion in money to the economy. Wow. There must be a need for this. Maybe the master Planners see a coming need to monetize our debt? To support markets? They tell us the economy is good, so clearly they cannot be stimulating our way out of a recession. There's a lot of money flooding the economy and it has to go somewhere. Right now it is lifting markets.

I CAN RESIST ANYTHING BUT TEMPTATION.

archer

Post Number: 1264

Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 09:32 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The 50 percent principle
http://www.321gold.com/editorials/russell/russell011206.html
With Gold Over $500
http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north424.html

justice
Username: justice

Post Number: 431

Thursday, January 12, 2006 - 10:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just adding fuel to the fire.
According to stockcharts.com the 1 Jan 1980 high was $875
goldie locks

(Message edited by justice on January 12, 2006)

... d'ICE ... :-)

archer

Post Number: 1266

Friday, January 13, 2006 - 07:47 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"The world is caught in a miasma of inflation brought on by politically-motivated central banks that can create so-called ‘money’ at will and in any amounts. It’s world ‘prosperity’ created by synthetic means. The means are grounded in the ability of central banks to create endless quantities of paper money. It’s money that so far, is accepted by the people of the world, but the skeptics, the people who ‘have been here before’ are opting for gold. The great gold bull market is just beginning. And as I’ve repeated so many times, gold today is selling like dirt – in terms of the amount of paper money that’s being created, ‘they’re giving real money away."

Richard Russell
--------------
"We know that a rise of interest rates alone can not stop the depreciation of an unbacked fiat currency if it is produced in quantities that greatly exceed the growth of GDP."

Adrian Douglas
--------------
"Fiat money is basically ‘garbage money,’ and it’s man-made and unreliable. The smartest of the crowd realize that fiat money is ultimately doomed."

Richard Russell
-------------
"When paper money is being printed at an extreme rate, gold becomes more significant as a reserve currency…It starts to show up in people’s portfolios, and in governments."

Frank Holmes
--------------

hilarius

Post Number: 1476

Friday, January 13, 2006 - 09:36 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Morning

I've never seen inflation lower than it is today

Central banks are ready to apply the interest rate brakes whenever needed

Cars, electronic goods, air flights, luxury holidays are in enormous over-supply and falling prices in real times

Oil is the only bad apple in the barrel, but uranium and renewable energy will fix that

Cheaper goods pouring in from Asia ... prices falling by the minute

Blessings and Peace

Hilarius

glenn
Username: glenn

Post Number: 49

Friday, January 13, 2006 - 10:35 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hilarius,

I'd consider all of the examples provided as being luxury or non-essential items.

What about energy costs?
Housing costs? The cost to build them?
Transportation? Oil obviously causes issues here
Healthcare?
Education?

Hopefully some will find the following an interesting read:
http://www.vinnies.org.au/files/NATIONAL.spip2.doc.pdf

Smrt-trader

hilarius

Post Number: 1477

Friday, January 13, 2006 - 10:49 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Glenn

In the cases you mention price gouging and profiteering have a lot to do with the price of outputs, especially as the cost of inputs is relatively steady or falling

If reported inflation remains low in the face of these price (not cost) pressures that is a testament to the wider deflationary conditions in the economy

Worldwide joblessness and underutilised productive capacity will drive prices down not up, and if that is not enough the flood of cheap goods from Asia will fuel deflation

Especially if the USA debt bubble bursts

With Best Wishes

Hilarius

archer

Post Number: 1269

Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 09:06 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Boring!!!Gold at new highs-555
550 was the 50% of the move from 850-250 and breaking the 50% means a higher probability of gold testing the 850 high
Why are people exchanging paper dollars for a currency that
has been around over 5000 years?????
Why is a currency that is considered a relic outperforming
ALL other currencies?????
What is the financial disaster this gold move is foretelling?????
All questions answered in the course of time

hilarius

Post Number: 1480

Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 10:29 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Morning

I agree that the gold price is foretelling a financial disaster ...

Most probably a collapse in the price of gold :-)

Hilarius

vermante
Username: vermante

Post Number: 538

Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 12:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hillarius

I admire your wit, but I agree with Arthur . If you do not already own any gold stocks or bullion , you will be crying in your weeties each morning you see the rise and rise in the POG

Get with the strength buy GOLD

Cheers

Vermante

justice

Post Number: 432

Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 12:50 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Inflation? Deflation?
Summation:
Whats the difference. Iran is still there wanting to play with the big boys - and it needs to be educated... soon?
That's what's driving the price ATM; rather than the small retrace that would have been more expected.
Put your battle helmets on guys.

archer

Post Number: 1272

Monday, January 16, 2006 - 08:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think the Iran situation may have added a few dollars but
its not whats driving the price otherwise oil would be at new highs also
I still think its the soaring M3 figures (inflation)thats behind it
No wonder the U.S gov wants to stop publishing the figures
Dump those U.S.dollars-they are worthless every day

hilarius

Post Number: 1486

Monday, January 16, 2006 - 08:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Morning

Buy in gloom, sell in boom ???

Sell gold, buy US dollars at the bend at the end of the trend?

Hilarius

brand
Username: brand

Post Number: 22

Monday, January 16, 2006 - 09:12 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good morning to U Too Hilarius. Brand here in the USA. I see no GLOOM....YET..?

I CAN RESIST ANYTHING BUT TEMPTATION.

archer

Post Number: 1274

Monday, January 16, 2006 - 09:12 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Sell gold, buy US dollars at the bend at the end of the trend? "
-----
I am afraid you dont have the luxury of selling gold Hilarius
You already sold it all when you proclaimed the end of the gold bull when gold was at 420-about 140 dollars ago

http://www.incrediblecharts.com/userscripts/forums/show.plx?tpc=6&post=68271#POS T68271

justice

Post Number: 433

Monday, January 16, 2006 - 09:29 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fair enuf archer,
however inflation won't xplain the inevitable pullback in the POG towards the 200 ema - some time (perhaps not so soon) in the future.

vermante

Post Number: 542

Monday, January 16, 2006 - 06:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Adam Hamilton has written a great article on the "Real Price Of Gold "and is well worth a read

He states that

"It is not prudent or valid to compare today’s dollars to dollars of decades past without adjusting for inflation. Whenever the financial media insists on doing this it is lazy at best and intentionally trying to mislead investors at worst. We won’t really see 25-year gold highs until the metal exceeds $1250!"

http://www.kitco.com/ind/Hamilton/jan132006.html

Cheers

Vermante

vermante

Post Number: 543

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 06:44 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gold's going much higher; thank China

Recent highs are just a start. China appears to be getting nervous about the billions and billions of U.S. dollars it holds. If it sells those dollars, one clear winner will be gold investors.

By Bill Fleckenstein

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/P139885.asp

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through September 04, 2009goldbug50 04-Sep-09  02:45 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through January 09, 2008archer50 09-Jan-08  08:28 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through June 02, 2007rederob25 02-Jun-07  09:47 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through February 24, 2007vermante25 24-Feb-07  04:03 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through January 14, 2007rederob25 14-Jan-07  10:39 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through December 06, 2006archer25 06-Dec-06  08:38 am
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through September 12, 2006archer25 12-Sep-06  06:45 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through August 29, 2006rederob25 29-Aug-06  06:33 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through July 15, 2006archer25 15-Jul-06  01:24 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through June 09, 2006rederob25 09-Jun-06  05:23 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through May 24, 2006justice25 24-May-06  10:25 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through April 30, 2006archer30 30-Apr-06  03:47 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through March 06, 2006goldbug36 06-Mar-06  09:42 pm
GOLD-Anyone for tea? » Archive through January 10, 2006archer25 10-Jan-06  02:42 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»