You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

Competition software suggestions

Chart Forum » Weekly Trading Competition » Competition Rules & General Discussion » Competition software suggestions

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 203

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, September 28, 2009 - 07:46 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please place any suggestions or questions regarding the new software here.

Regards,
Colin

alex_ic
Username: alex_ic

Post Number: 5

Monday, September 28, 2009 - 02:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The stock picking competition should be available from mid week. All interested parties please submit a username (6 - 20 alpha numeric characters) and password (8 - 30 alpha numeric characters) plus your email address to me: alex@incrediblecharts.com

I will then notify each user regarding access and web site address.

The stock competition rules and guidelines have been modified and are attached here.

Regards,

Alex Burton
application/pdfRulesAndGuidelines
rules_and_guidelines.pdf (38.9 k)

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 311

Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 03:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just looking over the rules and rule number 6 looks a bit sus. If a particular stock opens at say 10 cents and sometime during the day, they release a great announcement, and the price jumps to 20 cents then according to rule 6, if a person was to enter this pick when the price was 20 cents, the actual entry price for the comp would be the opening price of that day, or 10 cents.Should an entry after 10am be recorded as that days closing price or even the following days open?

Also is anyone else having problems with the new system? I can log in OK but cannot find anywhere to click onto in order to fill in this weeks info.Also date on scoreboard says its week so and so, December -January.Cheers.

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 312

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 05:40 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...Monday morning.... Date now appears to be OK on the scoreboard and Colins' entry is visible but still nowhere to click onto to add info....Cheers.

alex_ic
Username: alex_ic

Post Number: 6

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 09:46 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We welcome your response to the following proposed changes to the new Stock Picking Competition interface. Also please ensure that the existing stock picking competition continues until we iron out the inevitable bugs in the new system.

Suggested changes are as follows:

1. Week to run from Saturday to Friday.

2. Rankings grid to have "Last Week's Results" displayed as the default. This means that last week's results and current week's entries will always be visible by default.

3. Current week's entries and Rankings will display by default regardless of login status. If user clicks on a button to Enter or Exit a position and they are not yet logged in, they will then be prompted to login.

4. Change the title of the "Exit $" column to read "Last $".

5. Before Monday's open, set "Enter" column values to display 'Pending' instead of a dollar value.

Your feedback and comments will be much appreciated.
Thank you for your patience.

Alex Burton.

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 653

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 12:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Alex_IC,

There still appears to be a few glitches in the competition software currently running particularly with the intraday trade entries/exits.

For example in the current week's comp(51st week):-

1)...Dolphin's entry price for FCN should be 20.5c but the entry price shown after every hourly update since entry seems to float 'insync' with the hourly close. So today's 'floating' opening price shown has varied from 20.5c, 22.5c and 23c depending on the hourly close. In addition, for some unknown reason, last night's closing price shown for FCN in the scoreboard was 20.5c the same as the correct entry price but the I.C. chart data had the correct close at 21c. Now this has happened B$ as pointed out two weeks ago with Insomniac's entry in BTR but has yet to be rectified(poor guy is still credited with an open of 75c when he rightfully? claims it should have been 64.5c). Still, as Insomniac pointed out then...at least he could loose any monies!

2)Captain Chaza's 2nd intraday entry in TRH(10:17) is showing an entry price of 38.5c when no hourly update price so far today has finished at 38.5c. He has since exited at 11:45 but get credited with the 10:21:47 trade of 40c(the only time it has traded today at 40c). Now correct me if I'm wrong Alex(C.C.) but shouldn't the entry be the 11:00 hourly update price(40c) and the exit price be the 12:00 update price(37c)?

I'm not throwin' daggers at you C.C. as I've stated B4 its just co-incidental that currently we are the only intraday competition entrants in recent weeks so these issues have been occurring only with our entries. I'm happy for you to have the 3.9% gain instead of the 7.5% loss but wonder what damage these FLAWS in the software are having on numbers of willing participants. Our numbers are diminishing very quickly(now only 5!) and I have grave doubts about Quarter 1...2010. I mean(crikey as you C.C. would say)at least our last member run comp had atleast double figures participation.

I guess what I'm saying here is that it appears very clear that there are concerns about the present competition format and just maybe the intraday software issues is one.

I'll leave with you, Alex to maybe rectify.

Cheers
Dolphin

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 366

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 02:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin,

Alex is on leave until January 4, and will investigate this on his return.

Regards,
Colin

captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 4190

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 08:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahoy 1st Officer

Based on my records I hesitated in selling my TRH as my Password wouldn't work in a Hurry

However I must agree with you that
Based on the "IDIOTIC IDEA" of last sale
I should have been debited @ 0.40 and credited @ 0.40 when I changed tack
(Sorry Hershy for the "Nautical" in my speech but it seems much more apt than your stupid experiences with Baking Bread)

Unfortunately, I played a few holes of Golf yesterday and had a 1970's style lunch today so I would suggest that what ever the 1st mate says is OK with me

Crikey! He is both an Officer and a Gentleman,
as too is Johno the Insomniac who was credited with a loss the other week instead of 2nd Place

Such is life at sea in this Competition , I guess ATM

But I and the few left urge you to "Get It Right" as soon as you can

The Silent Majority have got what they deserved IMHO
and "I AM HAPPY!" in that respect

But I am UNHAPPY that you have treated the Simple Idea of HOLDING a share for more than a week as an END in any WEEKLY Capture

You have lost more than you think with that SILLY Rule Change
HOLDING and COMPOUNDING is The Essence of the Share Markets

ALSO Please Note:
The Best Buying day in the last seven weeks in a row has been on a Friday's /close in anticipation of a strong Monday!

Crikey! Even my great 2nd Officer Peterloh has ditched the Competition because he feels he is a stronger holder in more than a ONE (1) week's timeframe
as do so many others

I like the Idea of being able to Change tack at a whim but I do feel that a 1% brokerage should be applied (round trip)OR
(1/2) Half of ONE 1% on each BUY and SELL

Just Quietly
I think that YOU/IC lost the Plot when you Strayed from the ESSENCE/Reality of a Simulated Game/Sport which is the ASX

No new Rules ever needed to be implemented to cover any of your Software sort-comings in the search of SIMPLICITY

Everybody understands how the ASX works so No new rules should have ever been surveyed by the Silent Majority/ Incompitent/Ugly Spectators

The ASX is What It Is
It's as Simple as That!

Salute and Gods' speed

PS I have been here on IC for over 6 years years now

Believe Me!
Team IC Always come through in the end

Blimey! We finally got my suggestion of Horizontal and vertical lines

AND We got The ATR plotted as it should be on the Price charts!!!

Thank you Colin and Team IC
That was really great work

You Guys and Gals are INCREDIBLE when you put your minds on the job

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 792

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 11:49 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think this comp should/could be renamed to "A Trading Comp" as it has no appearance of similarity to what once was "The Weekly Comp".

Considering this current comp is more of a daily comp i think it leaves the door open to revisit the weekly member run comp as it once was as a supplement to this comp as it is offer's variety.

No doubt this revisit to days gone by would have to be listed elsewhere to this comp and possibly go under a unique name.

???

Rags

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Competition Ruleshershy165 17-Jan-10  09:37 pm
Short selections going Ex-Dividendcaptain_chaza21-Sep-09  07:05 pm
ASX Yacht Club Rules Committeecaptain_chaza59 20-Jul-09  05:38 pm
Marketing ICdug13 10-Dec-07  03:07 pm
Competition Workbookohkoolnutz20-May-07  10:12 pm
Learning the HARD WAY!redrover28 08-Jan-07  07:21 pm