You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

Series 14 - Week 41 (Wk #2 of Q4)

Chart Forum » Weekly Trading Competition » Series 14 2009 Q4 » Series 14 - Week 41 (Wk #2 of Q4)

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 211

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, October 03, 2009 - 03:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The competition scoreboard is now posted at the head of each thread in this topic. Please give it a try so that we can thoroughly test the new format.

Entries are simple:
  1. Select Next Week
  2. Click the Enter Position button
  3. Enter an ASX stock code and select Long/Short

My trial for the week is a short entry: AXM - Apex Minerals. Twiggs Money Flow has been hanging below zero for some time now and price holding below the 63-day exponential MA. Narrow consolidation favors a downward breakout below $0.05. Stops (if they were allowed) would be set at $0.06.

axm

Regards, Colin

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 346

Friday, October 02, 2009 - 07:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell PRT B or L
p

Even in a down day, Prime is heading up to test its recent resistance point. May as well give media a go, based on the recent interest in Hey Hey and new Masterchef.

I got a message from Alex but am not sure how to use the new tool. I'm guessing it will be a drop-down item somewhere in the IC toolbar. But my internet at home is broken so I have to post my selection before I go home from work.
Monday is a Pub Hol in SA, so I don't want to miss out.

insomniac
Username: insomniac

Post Number: 188

Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 09:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

Forget FNT - it is under 5 cents so ineligible.

My revised selection is POL L based largely on strength of volume.

Regards,

John

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 212

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 12:37 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you have not received an email with your Login name and password, or need assistance with your entry, please contact us.

I have asked Alex to display the competition results for all to see. Login will only be required to enter/exit a position.

Regards,
Colin

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 313

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 12:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon GRY Long

Not sure what's going on yet but will post a chart and my reasons for it. If my entry ends up invalid then no harm done.

Fridays Doji with low volume suggested to me that selling had just about dried up.My entry signal would be any trade above fridays high. Mondays open was above fridays high so I'm in.Fridays low was very close to support so stop could be kept very tight.Hope the new system works out OK.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 213

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 12:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you have not yet voted, please indicate your preference for/against restricting entries to stocks trading above 5 cents. Click here and vote 1 if you are in favor of restricting entries, or vote 5 if you are against.

Regards, Colin

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 583

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 12:48 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Colin/Alex....but maybe I'm too much of a 'simpleton' having tried to enter as you said...

Hit..."NEXT WEEK", followed by "ENTER POSITION" then "ENTER ASX CODE" and choose "L/S"

....BUT WHERE IN THE HELL IS ALL THIS IN YOUR TEMPLATE COPIED BELOW....?

After logging in OK, Clicking "User"(or "security" etc) just 'rotates' yours and Alexs' entries but no window or dropdown appears to enter under my username.????

Stock Picks - Quarter 4 Week 41 Mon 5th Oct - Sun 11th Oct
User Symbol Security L/S Entry Exit Entry $ Exit $ % Gain Status

Colin AXM APEX Minerals NL Short 2009-10-05 0.051 0.051 0.00 open2
allexx AND Andean Resources Ltd Long 2009-10-05

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 214

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 01:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apologies for the confusion. The first step "Click Next Week" was only necessary on Saturday when I posted. Please indicate your entries and Alex will correct the scoreboard manually.

The steps should now read:

1. Ensure that Current Week is selected
2. Click the Enter Position button
3. Enter an ASX stock code and select Long/Short

Regards, Colin

rockon

Post Number: 314

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 02:20 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Colin,

I think there lies our problem. Even after logging on, all we are getting is the score board.There is nowhere to enter any info. I assume that is what Dolphin means.Cheers.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 215

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 02:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rockon,
Can you not see the "Enter Position" and "Exit Position" buttons at the top of the scoreboard -- next to the Current Week drop-down box?

Regards, Colin

gdd3

Post Number: 584

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 02:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope! Colin. I only see what I 'copied' as shown in my previous post above. If you are referring to the "enter" and "exit" shown on the Entrants Board(as copied) neither give a drop-down fixture; in fact nothing happens when you bring your curser over it.

Dolphin

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 216

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 03:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3,

Click the red [X] button (at the bottom of the scoreboard) to logout. Use F5 shortcut key to refresh the page. Then login again.

Does the header display: Current Week + Enter Position + Exit Position?

Regards,
Colin

gdd3

Post Number: 586

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 03:20 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin...No I do not get a header display....

Current Week + Enter Position + Exit Position!

I get the following .....

Stock Picks - Quarter 4 Week 41 Mon 5th Oct - Sun. 11th Oct

with the following headings....

User\Symbol\Security\L/S\Entry\Exit\Entry$\Exit$\%Gains

Dolphin

rockon

Post Number: 315

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 03:20 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, was trying to do a screenshot of the scoreboard but I can't do it.

I have:
"Incredible Charts Weekly Stock Picking Competition" in heavy print, then a space and "stockpicks - Quarter 4 week 41 mon5th Oct -Sun 11th Oct" in normal print,then a space then the spreadsheet with "user,symbol,security,L/S, entry,exit,entry$,exit$, %gain across the top and the info under that.The rankings box is under all this.

Sorry again, probably only confuse you now.

gdd3

Post Number: 587

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 03:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry but posted this in the wrong sub-heading for the weekly competition...

Dolphin, BSM, L

Been trying to enter this one thru the "New Competition" format since yesterday but happy to take a 'belated' entry. Has given two T.A.Z. setups and confirmation over the last week...the latest one last Thurs./Fri. and is again breaking out today of its 5 month consolidation pattern.

Dolphin

alex_ic
Username: alex_ic

Post Number: 7

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 03:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin & Rockon & any one else having problems entering stock picks.

Please advise the browser you are using and supply screen shots if possible so I can see exactly what is happening in your individual circumstances.

Regards,

Alex Burton.

gdd3

Post Number: 588

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 04:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok Alex...here may the issue!

I normally use Windows Internet Explorer as my default browser as it is the automatic browser used under the "Help" section to access the "Forum" section once the I.C. chart package in loaded. Thru this browser I get as outlined by both myself and Rockon in the previous posts.

HOWEVER, when loading the I.C. webpage via Mozilla Firefox and accessing the "forum" via the heading, I get the correct headings that you have shown once I have access via the competition login process.

I can not do a screen dumb from either browser for some unknown reason.

Cheers
Dolphin

alex_ic

Post Number: 8

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 04:08 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin,

Thank you for the information re Firefox vs IE. I'll check it out and get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Alex.

rockon

Post Number: 316

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 04:23 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Best I can do, sorry.

alex_ic

Post Number: 9

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 04:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There was a bug which presented in IE which caused the "Enter & Exit Positions" button to be hidden. This has now been fixed. Thank you to Dolphin & Rockon for your feedback which helped to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Alex.

rockon

Post Number: 317

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 04:51 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Alex and Colin for your perseverance.Looking much better up top now but won't know if it works until exit time or next week :-)......Bloody computers......

easymoney
Username: easymoney

Post Number: 164

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 08:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can see "Incredible Charts - Weekly Stock Picking Competition" with a login box below that and nothing else other than a big blank space.

Same with Internet Explorer 8.0 and Firefox 3.0.7

The lunatic is in my hall.
The lunatics are in my hall.
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor,
and every day the paper boy brings more.

Pink Floyd - Brain damage

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 2706

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 05:26 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy BLR Long

The chart says it all.
Bullish wedge looking ready to start breaking out.
Yesterday's hammer reached down into support area and pulled back to close above. This is the entry signal.

The big money in stockmarket investment is not made in the thinking, itís made in the sitting.
My advice is worth exactly what you pay for it so do your own research.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 218

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 06:56 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Easymoney,
Have you received a Username and password?

Alex,
AXM performance looks suspect. I think we may be missing a dilution adjustment.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 219

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 07:06 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AXM Dilution
Date: 2009-10-06
Adjustment: 0.8112
Description: 9:2 Renounceable issue of shares @ 4c with attaching options exp 09/11/2012 Ex 6c

insomniac

Post Number: 189

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 05:08 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

I think POL closed at 0.605 and I think I got out at the close.
If so I would like to select for tomorrow if the rules allow - BUY L

Cheers,

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 223

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 09:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Time to get out before the hemorhage gets any worse. Damn these dilution adjustments are so unfair .

captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 4084

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 09:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Colin and Alex but the 4 figures I have checked lack "CREDIBILITY"

Insomniac Sell is WRONG
Hershy Buy is WRONG
Stampy Buy is WRONG
Colin Sell is WRONG

I don't think it is worth the time to check the others

Seems to me that you have all the Bells and Whistles but your figures in reality simply don't work

Looking forward to joining the Competition when you
#1 Get the maths Right
#2 Conquer The All Too Common "3 day Trading Halts"
#3 AND
Crikey! Please Explain what you mean by the "Average Percentage Gain? over say a month or a year??"
Is it accumulative or Compounding
OR
Is this a new form of Maths you are developing?

Cheers
CC

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 225

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 09:25 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles,

Please explain your calculations. Take Insomniac for example.

Thanks,
Colin

alex_ic

Post Number: 10

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 09:50 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The new trading competition format now permits a trade to be closed and another trade opened within the same week.

Regards,

Alex Burton.

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4085

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 10:25 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin
I think the errors are in the Time clocks/changes
IE The change in price from the order time to the Open or Close

Hershy BLR OPEN price 0.063
Stampy VMT OPEN price 0.155
Insomniac POL CLOSE price 0.60 or 0.605 depending on the exact time /Time stamp
Colin AXM exit price on the open should read 0.045

ALSO
It is false accounting to give 1 vote to the NO and 5 votes to the Yes
EG
5 X 1* = 5 votes
3 X 5* = 15 votes
Average = 2.5

ALSO
re AVERAGE % Gains
30% On is not the same as 30% OFF
EG Week 1: 33.3% ON $6000 = $8000
BUT Week 2: 25% OFF $8000 = $6000

Cheers
CC

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 226

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 10:46 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles,
Prices are taken from the next update price. If you enter before the open, the entry price is the Open for the day. If you enter between 10:00 and 11:00 the entry price is the 11:00 update... and so on.

Votes counts are skewed because the minimum vote is 1 not 0. If there are 6 votes a score of 2.5 reflects 4 for and 2 against (4x1 + 2x5 = 2.33). It is a pity we did not receive more votes so that we could obtain a clearer view of preferences. We can always address this again later.

I agree that % gain is not the same as % loss. Will check with Alex that he has this right.

Thanks for your input.

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 2708

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 11:50 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

1. Charles, I don't often agree with you but this time I do.
2. Colin . What update price ? Entry is @ open. Full stop. Or am I wrong ?

The big money in stockmarket investment is not made in the thinking, itís made in the sitting.
My advice is worth exactly what you pay for it so do your own research.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 227

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 12:35 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy,
  • Entries before the market open get the Open price
  • Entries after market open get the next update price (e.g. an entry at 10:55 will get the 11:00 snapshot price)
  • Entries after the close get the Open for the next day

The same applies to Exits, but in addition, all stocks are automatically exited at the Friday Close.

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4087

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 01:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin
I tried to log in yesterday to See what would happen if I bought EKA whilst she was in a TRADING HALT
Unfortunately the Log-in Failed?

Any Idea why I cannot log in and what the Entry price EKA would have been Yesterday?

Cheers
CC

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 228

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 01:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles,

Did you receive a username and password from Alex?

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4088

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 01:46 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Colin
I got my elected Username and Password
by email but keep getting "Log-in failed" Try again

BTW The page also takes what seems to be a "lifetime" to Load/Refresh on my Computer?

(Message edited by Captain_Chaza on October 08, 2009)

gdd3

Post Number: 592

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 02:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C.C...."Patience is Everything"..to a sailor, right!

Yep, the competition page in the Forum now does take longer, than any other Forum section, to upload...but(with patience) it does upload.

Good question re:- placing an order during a trading halt; as for Buying EKA, I would have placed my order to buy 26500 just before the open today and sold them at 12.18pm at 9.5c but in the "old" competition ruling I would have to wait until today's close at the earliest....and thats not "shapin'" up as too flash!

....All just joshin", Captain!

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S. Now I know why Colin/Alex/New Template had my entry for BSM as 30c and not 27c or 31c.

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4089

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 02:43 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahoy 1st Officer Dolphin

The question was
What would have been the Purchase price YESTERDAY during the TRADING HALT???

I suspect and fear that it may have been credited @ 0.048 cents
BTW The open today was 0.076

Salute and Gods' speed

PS Keep an Eye out for Yesterdays heroes Tomorrow and the day after LOL!

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4090

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 02:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Colin and Alex
Password worked
But
I just tried to BUY the PRW and got hit with the OLD over 5 cent rule
Mayday Mayday

Blimey! If the ASX thought that it was a bad idea to have <5 cent shares they would have outlawed them and not made them available!

PS I note that the Time piece on the post is ONE hour out/Daylight savings

alex_ic

Post Number: 11

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 04:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Captain_Chaza,

The 5c rule should now have been removed. Please try again.

Regards,

Alex Burton.

gdd3

Post Number: 593

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 04:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

C.C....yep was aware of all that MY point was that only 26500 were B/S at 9.5 and also that with today's open(7.6c), compared to yesterday's last price(4.8c) before the trading halt was lifted, is still "not shapin' up as too flash" to its probable close today.

I really hope that you did buy 26500 at the open and were the lucky one to sell it at 9.5c.

Bad luck(today) on your hopeful buy of PRW in the Comp. Hard to keep up with them these days BUT tomorrow's action in PRW could be similar to EKA so you may get another, and better, opportunity.

Hang in there, Captain!

Dolphin

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4091

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 07:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahoy there Officer Alex

Many thanks I'm onboard
So far So good
but it always looks fine when the Market is closed

Salute and Gods' speed

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 168

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 07:16 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin, Alex

I think the Captain is right. My entry Level should have been .155 not .15.. the opening price on Wednesday

Regards
Stampy

insomniac

Post Number: 192

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 08:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin,

I am baffled about these entries and exits.

I exited POL on 6/10/09. I thought that would be at the close i.e. $0.605. Regardless the lowest it traded that day was around $0.585. So I don't understand why my exit is $0.51.

It is only a game but the nature of this game makes it irrelevant if it is not accurately scored.

Maybe I don't understand the rules or maybe there are still a few bugs to be ironed out.

Either way it is good to see the Captain back.

Cheers,

John

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 232

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 10:05 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy & Insomniac,

Alex is looking into this.
Please can you give the date and approximate time that you made your entry/exit.

insomniac

Post Number: 193

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 11:39 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin,

It was the 6th of October, just after lunch, Melbourne time.

Regards,

John

alex_ic

Post Number: 12

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 02:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Insomniac's exit price was incorrect had had to be adjusted.

All other positions should exit at the correct price but will be checked after Friday's close.

Regards,

Alex Burton.

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 169

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 04:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin, Hi Alex

I input my trade at 9:59am on Wednesday morning.. the first trade was .155.. i know because i bought it.

Hope this helps..

Thanks in advance
Stampy

PS Good to have you back CC

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4092

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 04:46 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Protest Protest Protest

Last against 2nd last

Colin When did you place your exit strategy?
Albeit a great move
Remembering that 0.045 was the Opening Price that you could exit on

Welcome to The Greatest Sport on Earth
AND
Well done Alex on your maiden voyage

This is a lot harder than Paper Trading

Salute and Gods' speed

PS Sea-Scout Hershy has fessed up once cornered that his opening price was 0.063 and not 0.061

insomniac

Post Number: 194

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 05:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Alex and Colin,

That grumble certainly improved my position. I might adopt that strategy next week.

Hershey, One day BLR is going to fly and we will probably all miss it.

Have a good weekend everyone.

John

easymoney
Username: easymoney

Post Number: 165

Saturday, October 10, 2009 - 07:55 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote: Easymoney, Have you received a Username and password?

No. Can you send me one?

The lunatic is in my hall.
The lunatics are in my hall.
The paper holds their folded faces to the floor,
and every day the paper boy brings more.

Pink Floyd - Brain damage

gdd3

Post Number: 585

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 02:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, BSM, L

Been trying to enter this one thru the "New Competition" format since yesterday but happy to take a 'belated' entry.
has given two T.A.Z. setups and confirmation over the last week...the latest one last Thurs./Fri. and is again breaking out today of its 5 month consolidation pattern.

Cheers
Dolphin

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Series 15 - Week 2 (Wk # 2 of Q1)captain_chaza05-Jan-10  08:49 am
Series 14 - Week 52 (Wk #13 of Q4)gdd322-Dec-09  12:25 am
Series 14 - Week 51 (Wk #12 of Q4)hershy17-Dec-09  06:31 pm
Series 14 - Week 50 (Wk #11 of Q4)captain_chaza10-Dec-09  05:15 pm
Series 14 - Week 49 (Wk #10 of Q4)madmikey21 16-Oct-10  08:36 pm
Series 14 - Week 48 (Wk #9 of Q4)rockon25-Nov-09  08:37 am