You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

Series 14 - Week 43 (Wk #4 of Q4)

Chart Forum » Weekly Trading Competition » Series 14 2009 Q4 » Series 14 - Week 43 (Wk #4 of Q4)

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 350

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 10:51 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell AMU L
a
Lots of candidates on this weekend's scan, but AMU looks the most promising. Amadeus Energy held its AGM on Wed and the the volume & price both spiked on Thu/Fri.

I'd like to see us keeping in the practice of posting charts. I for one have found the charts of other participants enormously educational.

rederob
Username: rederob

Post Number: 2398

Monday, October 19, 2009 - 12:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Datadot got a shot in the arm when its new management announced they were cashflow positive for a change, after a significant restructuring exercise..
Last Friday was "Annual Report" day and there was certainly some good news ahead.
However, the chart suggests that weekly highs taper off as the days pass, while volumes are well down since the euphoria of October 2.
Might not disappear into the wilderness, but likely to keep drifting down unless their is a major announcement.

captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 4113

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Monday, October 19, 2009 - 01:57 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahoy SwellJimmey

Sometimes the Lighter weighted High Leveraged Company Options show you the future direction
Albeit that some are TOO ILLIQUID to handle in real life at sea on the ASX

GGPO

Salute and Gods' speed to all

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 351

Monday, October 19, 2009 - 04:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those lurking on the sidelines, here are the charts for the selections posted this weekend.

Hopefully, this will provide some insight.

Note the data only goes up to last Fri, because I am a "Free Data" cheapskate.

g

h

k

n

p

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 463

Monday, October 19, 2009 - 05:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for the charts Jimmyswell - much appreciated. And thanks to Rederob also.

For me, something has been lost in the comp which was always so interesting with people having to show why they were picking the stocks that they did.

Lurker Elisabeth

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 598

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 09:55 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, PRR, L

Reasons for choosing PRR for the comp.....

(1)...Last few day's has traded in the desired T.A.Z. set-up Zone with yesterday's action just below the 30EMA,

(2)...both Williams%R's at extremes(below -80%),

(3)...appears to be holding support; uptrend line since the August low and gap support,

(4)...recent ABC correction since the 'double' top at 28c(Oct.7/8)had equal length legs(i.e. A=C)and measured move came in at yesterdays low(14.5c) and found support, and

(5)...for the Captain, yesterday's low was 0.618% correction level of the upleg from the August low to the October high.

Now, having said all this, I wouldn't be surprised if any uptick from here would be capped by about the 20.5c level as you will note on my chart below that the Williams%R14day broke trend support 3 day's ago favouring a bit more 'churning' between , say 20.5 - 14.5c(or even 13c maybe)before she moves on to higher highs???? But 20.5c over the next few days will do me fine for this comp.

Have a good week everyone!

Dolphin

(Message edited by gdd3 on October 20, 2009)

insomniac
Username: insomniac

Post Number: 199

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 03:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jimmyswell,

I'm having some PC problems.

HYO was selected on the basis of the increasing price and volumes of last week.

Doesn't look so good now but you never know what might happen over the next couple of days.

Cheers,

John

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 2763

Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 05:17 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Late entry
Hershy WHE B

Hopefully, end of the downswing and today starts the breakout.
Uranium stock that did not share in the enthusiasm other uranium shares were basking in yesterday.

The big money in stockmarket investment is not made in the thinking, itís made in the sitting.
My advice is worth exactly what you pay for it so do your own research.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 918

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 08:44 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lsa chart

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 4116

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 05:49 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks again 1st Officer Dolphin

I try to learn from you as much as I can but also try to earn from you in the learning process

RE your PRR call @ 10.02 on Monday

I bought a few @ 16.5 cents
Hesitation in any language always costs you money
and YES
I hesitated!

I noted that you were credited with a BUY @ 0.18
with an open on Monday @ 0.15
From memory I bought just after the open @ 0.165 and the first sale @ 0.18 cents was at 10.54 AM

Alex, I am still confused

Is there something wrong with the morning data time staps if you are 2 minutes late
Does this mean in this competition that you get close to the the ~ Midday price if you are 2 minutes late on the open??

I am still very confused!

Well done again 1st Mate Dolphin

You are the TRUE winner this week IMHO

Unfortunately I have had to protect my golfing handicap this week and have had little chacne to voice my opinion /concern before now

Salute and Gods' speed

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 605

Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 02:31 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks C.C.....

Must admit, had noticed that "glitch" but only after I again checked the next morning. I had initially checked to confirm my entry after posting to see if it had indeed been admitted to the competition list and had noted then that it was showing 15c bought with the time entered as 10.02am(still before that stock opened, right!). However, when I checked the next morning it had been reverted to 18c so just accepted that because the post didn't go thru until 10.02 I was givin the 1st hourly update 'start' price.

Never mind, C.C. because in the 'real' comp. I was 'lucky'(and happy) to get in at 15c anyway and 'dump' 1/2 at 19.5c on Thursday and am alert for a 'top' up level...maybe ~ 16.5c or above 20.5c.

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S.1...Thanks also for 'helping' with the buying pressure particularly on Tuesday

P.S. 2...you may want to have a look at ATN and ROG; both in interesting positions with ROG in a possible T.A.Z. set-up and having filled a nice gap!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»