You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

Series 14 - Week 44 (Wk #5 of Q4)

Chart Forum » Weekly Trading Competition » Series 14 2009 Q4 » Series 14 - Week 44 (Wk #5 of Q4)

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 321

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Sunday, October 25, 2009 - 05:46 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A close above resistance on reasonable volume is worth a punt this week.Possibly prone to early failure but can only run with EOD this week.

rederob
Username: rederob

Post Number: 2399

Sunday, October 25, 2009 - 08:19 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Venture Minerals is a Tasmanian explorer with "attitude" and I expect this stock to run significantly higher over the next few years.
However, from a very short term perspective its momentum has waned and selling pressure appears the dominant force, especially with Friday's poor result for the DOW. I see a chance of VMS dropping to 29cents this week, and possibly lower if the DOW keeps dipping. Otherwise, from a medium term perspective, if 27cents is hit, I will likely dip my toes into its waters.

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 24

Monday, October 26, 2009 - 12:19 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, TDO, B

Maybe going long early in this week could be not such a good idea with offshore northern markets showing some weakening signs. However, TDO I think is showing some good signs since its swift move from 12c to 28c in mid to late September. Since that 28c high it seams to have traced out a normally bullish rising pennant pattern and on Friday had its first attempt to break out. Also, last weeks action remained above its gap up and high volume day of last Monday holding support at 26c. Friday's bounce from there was also on good volume so I'm believing that TDO will not revisit 26c before making new highs.

Baggus

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 352

Monday, October 26, 2009 - 06:38 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell BTA L

b

Biota seems to have just started a retrace after a sell-off early last week.

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 607

Monday, October 26, 2009 - 10:12 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, MCR, S

A bit of 'Chrystal Ball' anal-lyzing here as I'm going on a hunch that MCR, whilst still medium-term Bullish, is showing short-term weakness and 'looks' like going down towards the $2.10 area to meet a few supports areas before , maybe, heading back NNE.

To back this up I am using I.C.'s new tool, the ATR, that shows MCR has been telling you to be short since Aug 19th($2.55) apart from 4 days two weeks ago when it reversed its position only to revert back to a sell on Monday last week. In addition, since its fast impulsive move between the 10th of July and the 14th of August MCR appears to be tracing out an ABC correction, and I think the B-wave was completed on Oct.14th, and we are in the process of our C-wave leg down. This C-wave started with 4 'dark' cloud candles followed by a 'rising 3' and another mini dark cloud on Friday where the close was right on the bottom of the B-wave channel I have drawn.

Thats the way I see MCR...or should I say...thats the way I "wish" MCR to pan out. Its amazing how a few strategically drawn lines on a chart will show you what you want to see!

Be watchful this week!

Dolphin

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 2780

Monday, October 26, 2009 - 10:35 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy NUP B

Nice rounded bottom.

The big money in stockmarket investment is not made in the thinking, itís made in the sitting.
My advice is worth exactly what you pay for it so do your own research.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

insomniac
Username: insomniac

Post Number: 200

Monday, October 26, 2009 - 02:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Insomniac WDR L

Sorry I can't post a chart - my computer died.

I am hoping WDR has retraced to a support level.

Cheers,

captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 4117

Monday, October 26, 2009 - 03:37 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ahoy Alex

Could you please check the figures on Hershey's NUF
0.13cents was the price from 11.11 AM -12.22
As you can see Hershy pitched his entry in the middle

I do feel there is something wrong/not credible in the most important morning hours (2hrs) DIRECTLY after the open?

Salute and Gods' speed

PS Maybe you and Colin could do a little bit of Buying and selling during these hours to really test these waters

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

hershy

Post Number: 2781

Monday, October 26, 2009 - 05:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I posted my entry at 11.35
Course of sales shows no traffic between 11.07 & 12.32 when the price went to 13 cents.

I fear that horrible sailor man might be right.

'cept it wasn't NUF.

The Smith Family.

The big money in stockmarket investment is not made in the thinking, itís made in the sitting.

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 608

Monday, October 26, 2009 - 10:49 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy and C.C.....The "hourly" updates we get??? at I.C. are not alway's every hour so I'm guessing Hershy, you were 'credited' with the one of the next 2 hourly updates when NUP traded a few lots at 12.5c.

On that note, Colin...how many "hourly' updates do we(or do we) get(ting)on our Premium version of I.C.?

Dolphin

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4118

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 12:46 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahoy Colin and Alex

I think the solution to Credibility is "THE NEXT SALE" and not the last sale

EG: The Next sale after 10.00AM is the OPEN
The Next sale after 4.00PM is the CLOSE

The next sale after "x" number of time slots would then also be "THE NEXT SALE" but not the last sale as is the case right now

This strategy will also come into its own when solving the Mother of all problems "The Trading Halt"

Maybe all orders should be placed in "Pending" or another colour until the time zones are triggered off by the movement of the small or large hands of a time piece

The LATEST /Update time shoul should also be stamped on each update /header and a maybe a timetable/schedule for the Contestants could be drawn up?

Colin, as I have always said
"If you throw enough money at any problem it can be solved"

My solution to solving this money problem is to place a $ Charge on the Spectators as is the case in all other spectator sports

Salute and Gods' speed

(Message edited by Captain_Chaza on October 27, 2009)

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

hershy

Post Number: 2789

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 07:33 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles,
Your statement:
Colin, as I have always said
"If you throw enough money at any problem it can be solved"

I say:
Throw some money this way www.aroundthebayfundraising.com.au

Cheers.

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4119

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 12:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahoy there Hershy,

The cheque's in the mail

Salute and Gods' speed

hershy

Post Number: 2791

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 06:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Charles,
The Smith family will be grateful, I will be grateful.
In April, when I shave my head for the Worlds' Greatest shave (and there is less to shave every year ) I might look you up again.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 283

Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 04:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles,

The hourly updates are at 11,12,1,2,3 and 4. As I understand it, the price taken should always look forward -- to the next update/open. If it looked back, to the last update, you could achieve some truly spectacular results.

Regards, Colin

hershy

Post Number: 2793

Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 06:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But Colin
That is what you fail to understand.
Charles wants those spectacular results !
hehe.........

Charles,
Thank you for your donation.
I have gone on leave as of today, I shall send your cheque to either the Smith Family or to the Hersch Number 1 daughter wedding fund with the rest of the donations.

alex_ic
Username: alex_ic

Post Number: 19

Monday, November 02, 2009 - 10:40 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Captain_Chaza / Hershy,

My apologies for the long delay in getting back to you but I've been away for a few days last week.

I'm looking intro the NUP price issue but this will take some time.

Regards,

Alex Burton

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 917

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 08:42 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LSA CHART

38$ RETRACEMENT

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Series 15 - Week 2 (Wk # 2 of Q1)captain_chaza05-Jan-10  08:49 am
Series 14 - Week 52 (Wk #13 of Q4)gdd322-Dec-09  12:25 am
Series 14 - Week 51 (Wk #12 of Q4)hershy17-Dec-09  06:31 pm
Series 14 - Week 50 (Wk #11 of Q4)captain_chaza10-Dec-09  05:15 pm
Series 14 - Week 49 (Wk #10 of Q4)madmikey21 16-Oct-10  08:36 pm
Series 14 - Week 48 (Wk #9 of Q4)rockon25-Nov-09  08:37 am