You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

Series 14 - Week 45 (Wk #6 of Q4)

Chart Forum » Weekly Trading Competition » Series 14 2009 Q4 » Series 14 - Week 45 (Wk #6 of Q4)

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 322

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 04:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon COE Short

Not an impressive close on friday with another test of .505 fizzling out.Maybe time for a rest.

PS....Still more competitors than charts.

rederob
Username: rederob

Post Number: 2400

Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 02:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OBJ has risen on sheer speculation in recent weeks.
A company announcement a while back suggests it could be partnering up with a substantial biomed producer to manufacture one of its products, but there has only been rumours since.
If the US markets replicate Friday's action a few more times this week then the speculators will bail faster than Charlie.
I'm punting for a sub-2cent close by week's end.

lafee
Username: lafee

Post Number: 861

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 03:57 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rederob,

I Don't know what the rules of this competition are, so this is not a criticism of your entry. But what would be the point of shorting OBJ? I doubt it is shortable in the real market (please correct me if I am wrong). If it is not, what do you have to gain? If it is shortable, a rather risky risk/reward proposition in my opinion.

Now. I am with you regarding the potential for the overall market to decline this week. I am very keen ATM to look to the currencies as a leading indicator for equity market. More specifically a stronger $US being negative to equities.

But shorting shares such as OBJ is just a scary proposition for me!

Cheers
Lafee

An OTM Option is nearly always undervalued

rederob
Username: rederob

Post Number: 2401

Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 07:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lafee
Charlie was keen on some rules that, in my mind, made a mockery of a tipping competition as the advantages lie strongly with those who could, theoretically rack up massive gains each day through multiple trades. My preference would have been for something that allowed one entry only and one exit only, but at any time through the trading week.
In terms of "relevance", if I were holding OBJ last week, I would most certainly be getting out next week.
I don't believe this competition limits the equities that can be shorted, but I could be wrong.
The corollary would be that I choose some stock to go long on. I have no confidence that the market will be kind in the course of next week's trade, and any screamingly successful "long" will probably be on the back of a positive market announcement.

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 353

Monday, November 02, 2009 - 06:47 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell PEK L

After a poor market last week, Peak Res looks to resume the climb pattern that saw it double since early Oct.
p

jimmyswell

Post Number: 354

Monday, November 02, 2009 - 08:38 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are the charts (overlaid with my standard configuration of indicators) for those contestants who haven't yet posted.
As a former lurker, I find them edumacational.

Dolphin's ILF was Short

i

Palace's SRI was Long

s

Insomniac's CAZ was Long

c

Capt Chaza's MAK was Long

m

and finally, Hershy's AWC is Short

a

jimmyswell

Post Number: 355

Monday, November 02, 2009 - 08:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A couple of clarification points : 1. My indicators may bear no relevance to the reasons behind each tipster's selection. But like me, one could hazard a guess.

2. The data is based on last Friday's close. I suspect that many people like to watch the first hour of market flow prior to making a choice. This may give different signals to those posted above.

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 612

Monday, November 02, 2009 - 10:30 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jimmyswell for posting mine(ILF) and others charts. Yep, you could be right about some of us waiting(in the present volatile trading climate) for the 1st hour to go by ....indeed as most traders would do in the real world.

As far as to my reasons for choosing a short on ILF would you believe I can only offer that when I "entered" her thru our new dropdown format I actually pressed the "sell" button instead of the "buy" button and you can not go back to delete .... so just like in a real trade I will have to exit 1st thing tomorrow(or 'double - up'!).

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S. Don't believe everything that is written here!

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 919

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 07:52 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SRI chart

3rd attempt to bounce off 61.8 % retracement

mick

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 4122

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 11:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alex

The Intra day prices are wrong/not credible
This 11.50 update looks more like the 10.50 prices

I suggest you test intra day in trading volatile stocks

The only ones that seem to be correct are those that don't move
This means that most Intra day BUY and SELL orders are wrong

Only the open and close orders seem to correct

Salute and Gods' speed

PS Did you see my previous suggestion re Update Time stamps and a clear and transparent intra-day order/timing schedule?

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Series 15 - Week 2 (Wk # 2 of Q1)captain_chaza05-Jan-10  08:49 am
Series 14 - Week 52 (Wk #13 of Q4)gdd322-Dec-09  12:25 am
Series 14 - Week 51 (Wk #12 of Q4)hershy17-Dec-09  06:31 pm
Series 14 - Week 50 (Wk #11 of Q4)captain_chaza10-Dec-09  05:15 pm
Series 14 - Week 49 (Wk #10 of Q4)madmikey21 16-Oct-10  08:36 pm
Series 14 - Week 48 (Wk #9 of Q4)rockon25-Nov-09  08:37 am