You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

Series 14 - Week 46 (Wk #7 of Q4)

Chart Forum » Weekly Trading Competition » Series 14 2009 Q4 » Series 14 - Week 46 (Wk #7 of Q4)

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 356

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:55 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell ALY L
a

Alchemy Res heading back up to tease $1 and beyond?

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 324

Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 01:48 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon IAU L

Gap at .31 well and truly filled and has hopefully turned into solid support

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 2806

Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 07:51 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jabiru Long

In consolidation after a breakout. Wedge or pennant, depending on how you look at it.
Don't think it will reach it's target in one week but it is heading in the right direction.
Well so far anyway !
Good luck to all except sailors.
Only joking Charles.

The big money in stockmarket investment is not made in the thinking, itís made in the sitting.
My advice is worth exactly what you pay for it so do your own research.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 25

Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:25 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, BOW, L

The consolidation and pennant pattern over the last
6 weeks or so seems to be near completion with Friday's action just above the upper resistance and activity should intensify now if BOW makes another new high. Interestingly, the Fibonacci 38.2% retracement level of the move up from the late June low to the early September double top has provided good support(another double bottom)and would favour quite a bullish move once the break is confirmed.

jimmyswell

Post Number: 357

Monday, November 09, 2009 - 12:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Alex,

A few things are going screwy with this morning's start prices, so you may want to check what's going on.

For example, in the stock picks window, it shows ALY's entry price as .905 but the actual open price was .95 . In fact, the lowest it's been today so far is .92, so I can't figure out where the .905 came from.

Whilst the .905 entry price makes me look better that I'm really doing, I like to compete fair'n'square.

There are a few others in this morning's field with start prices lower than today's minimum for that stock.

Could you please look into it?

Thanks
Jimmy

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 616

Monday, November 09, 2009 - 01:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, ATN, L

I must be thinking of buying this purely on "Gutt Fundamentals" as I really can't justify any real T/A reasons to have a dip...apart from, maybe, that she has retraced all the way back to its Oct. 9th break-out point and possible support at 2.5c. Now if she goes below 2.2c then my "Gutt feeling" will turn to nausea and I'll be "spewing-up" my exposure!

P.S. Jimmyswell, just maybe the 14.00 hourly update will correct the many "start" prices as you have advised....i.e. IF WE ACTUALLY GET A 14.00 UPDATE????

Just my warped sense of sarcastic humour, Alex/Colin; maybe I.C. can place 'manual' data updates on the list of "Things To Do" that way you can 'pass-on' some of the data issues to members!

Dolphin

gdd3

Post Number: 617

Monday, November 09, 2009 - 02:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now we are 'talking', can confirm all entrant prices so far are correct and the 14.00 update has come thru and is noted....THANKS Alex/Colin.

I refuse to take any credit for my sarcasm in the last post as the reason for the rectification of this morning issues....all credit must go to Jimmyswell (and ofcourse you two!).

Movin' on....

Dolphin

P.S. So far my "gutt-feelin'" ATN is doing OK!

alex_ic
Username: alex_ic

Post Number: 20

Monday, November 09, 2009 - 02:37 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Several participants have reported erroneous entry prices for this weeks stock picking competition. I have manually adjusted these prices to reflect the correct values. Please advise if you still think your recorded entry price is incorrect.

I am currently investigating this.

Regards,

Alex Burton.

insomniac
Username: insomniac

Post Number: 202

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 08:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry for the delay

I like this long term but see some shorter term opportunities.

May be forming a reverse H&S.

Cheers,

John

jimmyswell

Post Number: 358

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 09:51 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My notional stop loss for ALY has been triggered, so I'm entering into Troy Res (TRY).

I will try to post a chart later tonight if I can find some free wireless somewhere on the road.

gdd3

Post Number: 620

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 10:22 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ditto for my ATN...so Dolphin is out of her and into NSL...

NSL has had a series of T.A.Z. set-ups over the last 3/4 months, each during the formation of pennant continuation patterns(shown in different colours in the chart of her below) which have all gone on to meet their minimum projections. Now we have a breakout of the last one(blue) on the back of T.4 and with a real build up on known buyers she looking certain to continue the trend(i.e....meeting pattern targets). Measured move now comes in at about 4.2c so lets see what pans out!

Dolphin

P.S....thanks for the ride ATN; sometimes you just have to follow your GUTT FEELINGS

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 920

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 01:17 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eqx entered on 61.8 % retracement

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

jimmyswell

Post Number: 360

Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 11:06 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lesson learned (and now shared) about stops that are a bit too tight.

I had faith and confidence in ALY but it crossed below my 2xATR trigger, so I got rid of it. Had I hung on, I would have realised a 95c to $1.03 gain over one week, as the chart shows. Sometimes the self-imposed trading rules need a "breather" assessment to calibrate that the cash management guidelines are in line with the volatility of the market.

a

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Series 15 - Week 2 (Wk # 2 of Q1)captain_chaza05-Jan-10  08:49 am
Series 14 - Week 52 (Wk #13 of Q4)gdd322-Dec-09  12:25 am
Series 14 - Week 51 (Wk #12 of Q4)hershy17-Dec-09  06:31 pm
Series 14 - Week 50 (Wk #11 of Q4)captain_chaza10-Dec-09  05:15 pm
Series 14 - Week 49 (Wk #10 of Q4)madmikey21 16-Oct-10  08:36 pm
Series 14 - Week 48 (Wk #9 of Q4)rockon25-Nov-09  08:37 am