You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

Series 14 - Week 47 (Wk #8 of Q4)

Chart Forum » Weekly Trading Competition » Series 14 2009 Q4 » Series 14 - Week 47 (Wk #8 of Q4)

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 325

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, November 14, 2009 - 05:41 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon CWE L

Disappointing news last week regarding Gov grant caused the sell off. Mgmt has many more (possibly better) options up their sleeve suggesting sell off may have been overdone.Should wait and see I spose but I'm off the air from today till end of week hence early entry.

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 921

Saturday, November 14, 2009 - 12:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LCY

10cent break

MICK

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 359

Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 10:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell CKK L

So many enticing opportunities this week...
c
This one is wildly speculative, as the market has already suggested over the preceding week. Coretrack will be shown on the New Inventors next Tue (17Nov09) and the recent price spike suggests it will set the market alight (note, I didn't necessarily say ablaze). A new technology which will be brought to the attention of mum and dad investors. I'd say it will be hot for a week at least, if not a few months.

Lest I be accused of ramping, examine the past 5 press releases and make up your own mind.

I track ADX and DI crossovers specifically to seek advance notice like this.

(Message edited by JimmySwell on November 15, 2009)

insomniac
Username: insomniac

Post Number: 203

Monday, November 16, 2009 - 08:49 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

AKK Long,

Will post chart later today.

Cheers,

John

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 26

Monday, November 16, 2009 - 09:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, AKK, L

I like the Reverse Head and Shoulders showing up in AKK; just needs to break above about 5.8 with convction to confirm I think. Plus, I also like the build up of interest shown through the volume increase over last week.

Have a great week everyone!

Baggus

P.S. Where are you Mr PeterLoh, haven't seen you here in this competition for awhile?

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 27

Monday, November 16, 2009 - 09:15 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoops, sorry Insomniac! We where uploading at the same time time and I was distracted and didn't see your same entry in AKK until after I entered. I will try to exit after work and leave you in charge of her. Was tossing up between AKK, ALY and WHN so have others to enter anyway.

At least I may save you the trouble of posting a chart although I would like your views on her anyway.

Sorry again,

Baggus

insomniac
Username: insomniac

Post Number: 204

Monday, November 16, 2009 - 09:38 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus,

I'm happy to share.

It got off to a good start.

Regards,

captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 4147

Monday, November 16, 2009 - 10:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahoy Alex,

This mornings Opening prices are incorrect

Salute and Gods' speed

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 2824

Monday, November 16, 2009 - 09:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles, I think only the test entry is incorrect.

Hershy AMU long

Gathering momentum, MACD crossover.
Can't do worse than last week's wooden schooner, oops sorry, I mean spooner.

The big money in stockmarket investment is not made in the thinking, itís made in the sitting.
My advice is worth exactly what you pay for it so do your own research.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 623

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 01:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, RNG, L

Another "gutt-feel' trade. Banking on a "re-peat" of the mid-September action when RNG had a 'mid-range' gap up on good volumes and then broke out(above 3c) to provide ~ a 100% move to new highs before any serious selling came in and forcing her to retrace all the way back to the breakout point(in early Oct and again in late Oct. at 3c).

This morning again gapped 'mid-range' on good volume and maybe??? heading for a repeat action BUT must get a close above 4.2c, a possible break-out point, to confirm(i.e. to be more comfortable!). Worth a go to see what unfolds.

Cheers
Dolphin

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 2825

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 08:31 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alex,
I don't know if I can protest.
It seems I posted a chart and my intentions but not the actual entry. If you can swing it, and the rules allow it then please enter me as of this morning but if you cannot and they do not then enter me as of tomorrow morning please.
I am not fussed either way.
Thanks, you are doing a great job.

The big money in stockmarket investment is not made in the thinking, itís made in the sitting.
My advice is worth exactly what you pay for it so do your own research.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 170

Thursday, November 19, 2009 - 07:45 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin

I can't seem to get my password to work in the comp.. its coming up as login failed.

Regards
Stampy

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4149

Friday, November 20, 2009 - 01:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahoy Alex

I hope you don't expect the Players to dob on himself when your false figures favour them
Not one player so far has fessed-up including myself

Dolphin's exit price AYN is wrong

AYN was 0.055 @ 11.40
Not 0.057 @ 11.44

Salute and Gods' speed

PS As I have suggested before
Unless you and Colin do lots of intra-day testing and Check each and every intra-day "entry /exit" ASAP after the act you have really achieved very little

It's impossible for anyone else to do this as we don't have the latest hourly UPDATE Stamped

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

gdd3

Post Number: 626

Friday, November 20, 2009 - 02:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Captain .... 'Technically', you are right and I "fess" to understanding that there is an anomaly in the present program that allows "astute/favoured" competitors to take advantage(or be crucified as it has worked both ways) by this anomaly but as Alex/Colin have pointed out B4 the closest thing Alex can get to a "reality" intraday entry/exit level is to backdate it to the previous hourly update.....and we all(almost all) accepted this format.

Having said that Alex, and to highlight this anomaly(remember, that could be an advantage or disadvantage to competitors), I opened a buy trade for DLS at 14:54 when DLS was 7.9c but will probably be credited with the 14:00 update(7.1c) and almost immediately entered my exit at 15:05 to 'take advantage' of the 15:00 update that I believe your program will give(7.9c). Now I'm quite happy to take the final close (the next update)price as my exit price if I'm wrong and I will be credited with the 16:10 closing price as with what others have receives when exiting anytime after 15:00(Insomniac and myself just this week).

You will note C.C. that this DLS trade neither advantages me or crucifies me if I am right about what Alex's intraday 'Entry/Exit' program is doing. Also, as I said above, the competitor can also be disadvantaged by this depending whether it is a entry order or a exit order.

Alex, wish you luck on how/what you decide to overcome some competitors concerns about this.

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S. As you said, Captain...."not one player has fessed-up including myself"

(Message edited by gdd3 on November 20, 2009)

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4150

Friday, November 20, 2009 - 02:57 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahoy Dolphin

I don't think the "Aim" of Colin & Alex was to ever to use FALSE /MISLEADING?Backdated DATA

At some time I think/assume the Delayed Data were to be UPDATED in accordance with Real Time Prices or the next Sale Price which I have always argued for!
(refer to the ASX Game)

Thanks for your DLS test case

Salute and Gods' speed

gdd3

Post Number: 627

Friday, November 20, 2009 - 03:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Agreed, Captain, to both statements!

Until this happens(2nd statement) I guess this anomaly is available to the all competitors to take 'advantage of the system'.

Mind you , it has never been my intent to do so except in my DLS example late today. Fancy getting a "free" 11+% just by 'persuading' my 'broker'(I.C....or Alex) to sell his holding to me at 7.1c when the market was trading 7.9c bid. Still, it could have been even better for me if I could have persuaded him to buy my holding back at the close for 8.3c! Damn, another "free" 6.3% PAPER PROFIT slipping thru my fingers!

The emphasis here is PAPER PROFIT ONLY plus a bit of EGO!

Have a good weekend, C.C., and try to unwind some of this week's STRESS!

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S. I've got even more doubts about the "running" total of Quarterly % winnings and we have no records, other than the last week's results, to fall back on.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»