- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Lost Threads

Chart Forum » Support » Lost Threads

««  Previous  Next  »»

This topic has been replaced by our new Incredible Support Tracking System. If you need support please submit a Support Request.

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
lulu
Username: lulu

Post Number: 66

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Monday, September 27, 2004 - 04:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Colin, being new to this forum, there were still many threads I had not yet accessed and was keen to benefit from much of the knowledge that has been passed down. Since I joined this forum, I have been copying the most educational threads. However, now I find that some I had not completed have disappeared. These ones obviously had posts by Bundy and Snifter. Is it possible you could make them available for a little more time as there was so much to learn from them and many of us would benefit.

Thank you.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1309

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Monday, September 27, 2004 - 06:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lulu

I deleted about 5 threads with AB or MA in the title.
Unfortunately, once deleted, they cannot be restored.

Regards
Colin

dogalog
Username: dogalog

Post Number: 438

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 03:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is there still an Editing function with the new Queing?
just 'mastered' editing and now postings don't seem to appear for half hour or more.
At your own pace,Colin,any chance of editing still?
Of course my impeccable speech and thought patterns will not especially require such any longer.Just interested for the 'Newbies".
regards,
jr

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1401

Tuesday, October 26, 2004 - 04:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dogalog

The edit function is still available. The problem with queued messages is the delay: it can take an hour or two before the message is posted. We will try to keep the delay as short as possible.

Regards
Colin

dogalog

Post Number: 440

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 11:15 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has ASIC 'rules' introduced this extra workload on you Colin?
i haven't seen any announcement on this,but
1) why have phone/addresses turned up in the profiles? and2) reassurance please to myself and other members that this 'Delay'regime is not censorship or control of our/my 'pratterlings'.
as always,when you can get around to it.
regards,
jr aka dogalog

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1404

Wednesday, October 27, 2004 - 12:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the reminder Dogalog, I will make a general forum announcement regarding phone numbers/addresses.

The delay does enable us to review messages before they are posted. We do expect members to moderate their own behavior and, as you may have noticed, there has been little need to interfere so far (apart from a few spruikers). We can turn this off for senior members who have established their bona fides.

Regards
Colin

nightstalker
Username: nightstalker

Post Number: 548

Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 06:45 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How, or when, does one become a senior member? If that depends on one's age, I'm in!!

If it depends on number of posts, I suppose I should be just about in too...

I must agree with Dogalog though - the queuing has two disadvantages:

1: trying to carry on a semi-realtime discussion is now impossible

2: it does sort of give the impression of censorship and control, and that we're not to be trusted.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to do the Moderating AFTER the event? In other words - allow posts to go through as before, BUT if one is posted that doesn't meet your criteria, then withdraw it, edit it, or delete it...

Just a suggestion :-)

Regards, NightStalker

"The trend is your friend till the bend at the end"

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1407

Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 07:12 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NS

Age is relatively unimportant, full disclosure of details and a demonstrated ability to moderate one's own behavior are the keys.

We have to exercise some control over member's posts. That is what a moderator does. But we try to keep this as light as possible - hence the emphasis on moderating oneself.

Moderating after the event would only work if we turned off the email notifications.

Regards
Colin

nightstalker
Username: nightstalker

Post Number: 549

Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 08:21 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin - my comment about age was actually tongue-in-cheek ;)

So does one apply for senior membership, or is that granted by you at some time? I think all my details are known to you...

And I do try to moderate myslef - honest :-) I don't drink and type, I don't get into arguments I can't win, and I try to keep a sense of humour about the whole deal - after all, many people take themselves and this trading lark far too seriously. The ability to have the occasional chuckle at one's own expense is invaluable in maintaining sanity, I feel :-)

Regards, NightStalker

"The trend is your friend till the bend at the end"

dogalog

Post Number: 446

Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 05:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nightstalker greetings,
tried to post 3 times today.Midday to 3pm. no post 'allowed'.Now i know i used 2 names of d'verboten[previously mentioned by "Mr Cold" floating recently]and i have no problem in not ever,never referring to them again.Personally i thought they were a pair of chancers anyway.
Basically though i was trying to express the 'solution' that Back Pages and General be set as NON EMAIL zone,thus allowing your desired [and mine]near real time conversation.

Now NS i'm used to the thwarts,i enjoy taking on a veneer of respectability that gets me past the easy Flick.You N S may too have been through the QLD. 'fascist' time and learnt that lesson.I hope at least you agree that this is a 'disappointing'turn of events.
I.C.forum for example will never again have the thrill of MDM on Anzac Day.

This is a good example of the problem with this QUEING-the moderators have to be able to follow a string of events,previous virtual chatter from days,weeks,months ago.
Personally i can spot a ramper/chancer,if the naive can't TOUGH.Every book,article yadayada tells you to ignore info in chat sites without checking it out for YOURSELF.
This new system?just tell me it's not some moralizing attempt to 'clean-up'this site.Make it the one and only PROPER one.
Oh well,why go on?won't pass muster/get printed anyway.If it does?hope some debate starts.i wont 'contribute'anymore to this thread.
jr

robin
Username: robin

Post Number: 635

Thursday, October 28, 2004 - 06:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dogalog and Nightstalker,

Please check that your profiles are complete - I will then discuss your queueing with Colin.

Thanks,
Robin

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Incredible Postscolin_twiggs15-Nov-04  07:03 pm
Day data mising when switching daily/weeklysoma12-Nov-04  09:51 am
Having trouble staying logged onrobin11-Nov-04  10:49 am
Dial-up issue and IC softwarecolin_twiggs09-Nov-04  10:03 am
2 charts on same screeniwillwin09-Nov-04  09:44 am
SDI datacolin_twiggs09-Nov-04  06:10 am
Incrediblechartsrobin08-Nov-04  03:40 pm
Captions - suggestioningot5407-Nov-04  03:27 pm