Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

Trend lines beyond the current data

Chart Forum » Support » Trend lines beyond the current data

««  Previous  Next  »»

This topic has been replaced by our new Incredible Support Tracking System. If you need support please submit a Support Request.

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
ramen1953
Username: ramen1953

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, October 25, 2004 - 02:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Am I wrong or was it possible to extend trend lines beyond the current data on a chart. I have tried to do this today and it seems i cannot extend the line beyond todays date.This seems to be since this mornings update

ingot54
Username: ingot54

Post Number: 183

Monday, October 25, 2004 - 04:32 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ramen - welcome to IC charts.

If you have a look at my chart below, you will see that I have moved the chart to the left by clicking on the scroll button on the toolbar above the screen.

VPG_1

This is currently the only way I know to be able to extend the trendlines. Hope I have read your request correctly.

Cheers - Ivan

It's official - Tall people earn more. Each centimetre in height is worth $460 more per annum! (From the journal of Applied Psychology)

ramen1953
Username: ramen1953

Post Number: 2

Monday, October 25, 2004 - 08:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ingot54,

Thank you for the response. The method you describe is how I have been doing the extended extrapolated line. However if you leave the chart and return at another time the trend line is truncated to the last date and some times it has moved position.

Ross

ingot54
Username: ingot54

Post Number: 186

Monday, October 25, 2004 - 09:49 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, this happens to me also. Usually I can "get it back" by using the arrows. But I can't offer anything further.

Colin and Robin have a "to do" list. Simple changes are often made on request. Changes involving larger software development are moved up the list subject to demand, it seems. Perhaps if enough people request this, it may be added.

Quite often I would like to "float" my chart around inside the screen, so as to extrapolate Moving Averages, trends etc. Try an email to "Support".

Cheers - Ivan

Man stand for long time with mouth open, before roast duck fly in - Chinese saying.

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2 charts on same screeniwillwin09-Nov-04  09:44 am
SDI datacolin_twiggs09-Nov-04  06:10 am
Incrediblechartsrobin08-Nov-04  03:40 pm
Captions - suggestioningot5407-Nov-04  03:27 pm
DJIAAspyglass03-Nov-04  11:37 am
Colin and Robin - interesting observation...colin_twiggs31-Oct-04  01:09 pm
Help with chart for BKNdogalog31-Oct-04  10:42 am
Stock Screeningrobin30-Oct-04  11:37 pm
Stock Searchrobin29-Oct-04  12:20 am
Lost Threadsrobin11 28-Oct-04  06:04 pm