Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
bib
Username: bib

Post Number: 13

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, May 01, 2009 - 09:28 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin,
Any chance of adding Parabolic to our scans.
Parabolics are easy to follow and assist by providing logical stop loss point and an exit. Although once in the trader can use other indicators etc to exit. I sometimes use 'fast ' parabolic cross during a bullish 'slow' parabolic phase.
Being able to vary the Max steps and Acceleration as we can with the present indicator would be the way to go. That way the user can choose to use a slow or fast parabolic or both.
A weekly parabolic scan would also be useful if this can be done as it gives the trader the 'big picture'.
A fast parabolic is also useful to quickly identify price targets and resistance.
So overall parabolics assist with:
Entry point
SP Target and resistance
Logical Stop loss on entry
Exit
Although once in the trader can use other indicators through to completion of the trade.
Parabolics really only work in a trending market/stock so i would also like to see a scan for Twiggs Money Supply (TMF). For example a trader may only take a signal if the TMF 13 WEEK IS > 0 and/OR > than its 5 week moving average.
I would also like (if possible) for a position calculator to be built in, eg based on amount to risk in total, amount risked per share and the entry price.
Anyway just a few ideas.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 3362

Thursday, May 07, 2009 - 10:13 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bib,

I have added this to our list for investigation.

Regards,
Colin

pigsy
Username: pigsy

Post Number: 2

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 12:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some great points three Bib. Love to see a Parabolic Scan too Colin. I always use it as a confirmation signal on entry. Would be nice to scan for it though so as to catch the entry point a little earlier.
In the meantime is there a scan available that can be used to emulate say a Parabolic SAR Maxstep 20%, Acceleration 2%. Thanks.

bib

Post Number: 176

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 11:34 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi pigsy,
I use parabolic 50 with 5% acceleration to avoid to much lag and use it to trade trends in the strongest sectors. Use TMF to identify a trend. Sort of like Swing Trading.
I would like to see a scan as it would save me a lot of time looking through charts.
Also interesting to apply weekly, monthly and daily Parabolics to the same chart. Gets a bit crampy but gives a long, medium and short term view.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 398

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 12:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bib,

Parabolic SAR is already on our filter request list, but we are running into constraints with the server -- you may have noticed that US screens are taking longer to complete -- and some new foundation work is required before we can expand further.

Regards, Colin

bib

Post Number: 178

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 01:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Colin, i understand these things are complex and take time.

f0ssil
Username: f0ssil

Post Number: 23

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 01:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

colin_twiggs wrote on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 12:03 pm:

Parabolic SAR is already on our filter request list, but we are running into constraints with the server -

I'd like to see this too once the server constraint is overcome

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Screen Filter: Above and Below ATR Stophighaltitude20-Jan-11  08:50 am
Multiple Screenssimwhit30-Dec-10  07:53 pm
Ability to Remove Non-Trading Days from Chartcolin_twiggs27-Dec-10  03:29 pm
Printing Stock Screen results & PSARcolin_twiggs23-Dec-10  02:16 pm
Yearly highvisions21-Dec-10  07:56 am
IC charts on ALL of SCREENcolin_twiggs15-Dec-10  04:13 am