Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
brumby
Username: brumby

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 11:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are currently many suggestions from different users with regard to developments they would like to see happening in IC. However I am unable to determine where at least some of these suggestions are in terms of acceptance or a development schedule of their priorities. In other words, a development schedule and its timing.

It would be very helpful to have an insight on where things are in the development horizon through such a schedule so that at least we can decide whether we should wait or seek alternate solutions. Currently we are in the dark.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 185

Friday, September 18, 2009 - 06:46 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brumby,

We have been considering a new suggestion/request system for some time as the present forum thread does not do this justice and often leaves members in the dark about development plans, priorities and progress.

I will attempt to give a brief overview.

What we hope to achieve this year:

DevelopmentEstimated Completion
New ATR Trailing Stop & related indicators next week
Trading Competition basic format 2 weeks
Stock Screens - New Filters 6 weeks
Stock Screens - Email Updates 10 weeks
New Watchlists that can be edited/downloaded to spreadsheet and reflect Index/Sector/Closing Price 10 weeks
Live/20-minute delayed data updates 12/18 weeks
Hour & minute bars 12/18 weeks

Estimated Completion is a rough guide only. We only know for certain how long something will take when it is completed.

What we hope to achieve next year/thereafter:
  • Expanded exchange coverage (this comes up every year but is not always straight-forward)
  • New scripting language for indicators
  • Proprietary Trading Indicators that I am busy testing
  • New Drawing/Text Tools
  • New Chart Types
  • Portfolio/Trading Manager with position-sizing & alerts

There is plenty else, but I hope this will give you some idea of where we are at.

Regards, Colin

visions
Username: visions

Post Number: 80

Friday, September 18, 2009 - 09:08 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Brumby and Colin,

As I'm one that has previously requested improvements and also thought and have stated before, that it is good business sense to keep your clients/customers in the loop of what's happening before they ask.

This way they don't have a chance to think they are being neglected or nothing is happening.

So Colin, I think a new suggestion/request system that you speak about would be an excellent idea so everyone knows what areas your working on and the expected time delivery of these updates.

As a child I never liked been left in the dark and I don't think I've changed.

Also thanks Colin for the update on what your working on and time delivery, nice to know the light is also on in I/C.

Cheers ... Visions

hayman
Username: hayman

Post Number: 1

Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 07:23 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Colin for this update and as one of those who suggested a new indicator and now find it well on the way to development I can say to all reading this blog that the lights are certainly on at IC!

HayMan

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 205

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 08:06 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Hayman,

Unfortunately we cannot accommodate all requests as easily. Suggestions/requests are grouped into development areas, these groups are then prioritized according to feedback from surveys, and then tackled one at a time. Sometimes the wait can be lengthy as each group/area takes from 6 to 12 months -- and there are a lot of them.

Regards,
Colin

visions
Username: visions

Post Number: 81

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Friday, October 02, 2009 - 09:55 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin,

Many thanks for the New ATR Trailing Stop & related indicators

Downloaded new beta version for the new changes this morning. Looks very good and will help many traders using I/Charts.

Once again many thanks for the progress, muchly appreciated.

Cheers ... Visions

marksman
Username: marksman

Post Number: 5

Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 04:47 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dear colin,

I hope this is the right spot to respond to your recent enhancements. I was rather pleased to see the new list of indicators you have added to IC, given that I have made several recommendations and suggestions myself, which I was happy to provide freely in exchange for your free version of IC using delayed data. This has been very helpful as I try to develop my own set of indicators to trade with (I am still trying to establish an optimal group that suits my style). I upgraded to the new Beta version so that I could examine these indicators using the past data that has always been available to free users. You have said in the past that having the free option was to allow potential traders to develop their own set of indicators after much trial and error and without the pressure of actual trading. Only after I upgraded to the Beta version did I read that these new indicators are only available to free users for the next 30 days. I was very disappointed to find this out after the fact and ask you to permit free users of IC (using delayed data) to receive access to these new indicators. In passing, there are a few of the older indicators that I would gladly exchange for some of the newer ones, if that is an option. I have always thought you to be an honorable and fair-minded person, having helped me with some technical matters in the past, so I ask you to re-consider the 30 day free trial and allow free users continued access to the new indicators.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 253

Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 05:35 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marksman,

Thank you for the feedback. The distinction we make is between students and newcomers to technical analysis -- for whom the free service is provided at no charge while they learn the basics -- and traders for whom we recommend the premium service.

I have mentioned before that new features (chart indicators and stock screen filters) will be exclusive to the premium service. Free users are reminded of this in my latest newsletter.

In response to last year's survey we expanded our development team in order to expedite delivery of key features. I feel that it is only fair that all who benefit should share in the cost.

Regards,
Colin

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 255

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 09:26 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marksman,

I should mention that the 30-day free trial has not started yet. It only commences when the new indicators are added to the official release -- not the beta version.

Regards,
Colin

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 258

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 10:16 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A quick update on development progress:

What we hope to achieve this year (Estimated Completion is a rough guide only):

Development 2009Estimated Completion
New ATR Trailing Stop & related indicators DONE
Trading Competition basic format DONE
Stock Screens - New Filters 4 weeks
Stock Screens - Email Updates 8 weeks
New Watchlists that can be edited/downloaded to spreadsheet and reflect Index/Sector/Closing Price 4 weeks
Live/20-minute delayed data updates 12/18 weeks
Hour & minute bars 12/18 weeks

What we hope to achieve next year:

Development 2010
Expanded exchange coverage (this is dependant on negotiations with data suppliers)
New scripting language for indicators
Proprietary trading indicators
New Drawing/Text Tools
New Chart Types
Portfolio/Trading Manager with position-sizing & alerts

There is more, but this will give you some idea of how we are going.

Regards, Colin

bib
Username: bib

Post Number: 166

Saturday, November 07, 2009 - 03:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin, the enhancements are great. Are you able to briefly outline the new stock screen filters planned.
Cheers,

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 318

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 05:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bib,

I would rather not publish a list in case we run into problems and cannot add all the filters that we plan.

Regards,
Colin

bib
Username: bib

Post Number: 169

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 08:57 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No probs Colin. Not to long to wait anyway.
Cheers,

hotfire
Username: hotfire

Post Number: 1

Monday, April 26, 2010 - 02:30 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin

Is there a way of applying post it type notes, the current caption box is limiting.

Also the "Add Vertical Line" cannot be set for a future date, only for current or past dates, is this correct?

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 574

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 08:59 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hotfire,

Text boxes are on our development list, but unfortunately are at least 6 months away because of current development priorities (intra-day charts and data).

Vertical lines cannot be drawn for a future date at present. I will add it to our list for investigation.

Regards,
Colin

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 879

Friday, December 03, 2010 - 06:05 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hotfire,

The latest beta version now allows trendlines and captions to be drawn for future dates. Select Help >> Upgrade To Latest Beta Version.

Regards, Colin

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Offline datacolin_twiggs24 28-Jan-11  07:31 am
Stock Name besides the ticker symbolav10426-Jan-11  07:30 pm
Screen Filter: Above and Below ATR Stophighaltitude20-Jan-11  08:50 am
Multiple Screenssimwhit30-Dec-10  07:53 pm
Ability to Remove Non-Trading Days from Chartcolin_twiggs27-Dec-10  03:29 pm
Printing Stock Screen results & PSARcolin_twiggs23-Dec-10  02:16 pm