Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
riobdrivr
Username: riobdrivr

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, December 17, 2010 - 08:05 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will start by sucking up...I love Incredible charts. Simple, intuitive, powerful.

Is there a way to show a stock's high for the year on the daily screen? Yes, I know that I can switch to different time frames and yes I have created a scan that looks for depressed stocks. But I use almost exclusively daily charts and a 6 month time frame. It would be very beneficial if a stock's yearly high was a pop-up on the screen.

Also, is there a way to create additional folders within the saved screen tab? I would love to move created screens that have fallen out of favor with me, but still keep the info contained.

visions
Username: visions

Post Number: 89

Friday, December 17, 2010 - 07:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi riobdrivr,

Bring up your daily screen or project, I think that's what you mean, if it is I'll carry on.

Go to Indicators
Go to Donchian Channels
Pick Daily ... it should have this already
Upper Band put in 252 as there is usually 252 trading days in 1 year
Lower band put in 252 if you want the yearly low or 0 if you don't want it to show up on your chart.
Choose HideMiddleLine
Press the >> to activate it in your chart
Press X to close, all done!

Now you will have a line across the top of your chart showing the highest price in the last year.

Hope this is what you are after and it helps.

Merry Christmas ... Cheers ... Visions

sway
Username: sway

Post Number: 668

Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 12:15 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for that visions. Another clever use of an IC indicator.

Cheers
Sway

This is not a recommendation or advice. As they say .... DYOR.

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4430

Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 10:42 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Visions,

Thanks heaps for alerting us to that very interesting indicator. Amongst other things it could possibly be used as a tool for indicating whether an index or stock is going through a bullish or bearish period.

If we use those periods where the index/stock is above the mid line as a 'bullish' phase and below the mid line as a bearish phase.

I'm sure that there are a myriad of other uses for the indicator.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

visions
Username: visions

Post Number: 90

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 07:56 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sway, Rudy - Glad you find it handy and it's always nice to give something back when you can.

Riobdrivr - Got your PM, glad it helps.

Also - The second part of your original post, I forgot to reply to that area in my reply. Been pretty busy of late. I'm pretty sure there is no way of adding extra folders in the screen tabs.

When a screen falls out of favour with me and I want to keep the info of that screen for later use:
I go to 'Stock Screen Icon'
Go to 'Saved' Tab - This brings up my favourite saved stock screens.
Go down to the screen/row that has fallen out of favour with you and press 'Edit' in this row - this will bring up all criteria of the screen.
Now press 'Save Screen'
Go to 'Title' and after the name of that screen put in some additional information to remind you of your thoughts such as (fallen out of favour on 21-12-2010) or whatever.
Now press 'Press Update'
Click 'OK'

Now when you go to your Saved Tab area you will see your original screen still there with the same name but the reminder that it is out of favour at the moment. When it returns in favour go back in and delete the additional info you added and press 'Press Update' and 'OK'

Hope this helps the shortfall in extra folders.

Cheers and all the best ... Visions

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Number of indicators-Stock Screensgrenell26-Mar-11  02:03 pm
Portable Software Developmentteklen28-Feb-11  08:58 pm
Volume Take2 - Hi/Lowcolin_twiggs23-Feb-11  12:35 pm
HotKeysabloke20-Feb-11  01:17 pm
Volume buy/sellabloke20-Feb-11  01:02 pm
Offline datacolin_twiggs24 28-Jan-11  07:31 am