Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 33

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, June 21, 2004 - 03:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin...Would it be possible to include "time cycles" and a "percentage increase" line facility, in say the "Indicator" section of the Charts menu in any future upgrades?

Projections forward and backwards of nominated cycles, eg., 20 trading days/weeks/months represented by a simple vertical bar( that could be placed at selected swing lows/highs) and a simple horizontal line to project forward nominated price percentage increases would suffice.... thanks GD.

gdd3

Post Number: 36

Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 05:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin and Co...can you make a comment on the above post, please?....regards GD

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1243

Tuesday, June 29, 2004 - 05:31 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GD

Time cycles sounds difficult, though it may not be. Probably why I took so long to respond.
Do you have a link that I can look at?

Colin

gdd3

Post Number: 37

Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 01:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin...Thanks for responding. Can't suggest a link but if you have access to Metastock, for example, you can see from their "insert" menu(once a chart has been loaded) you choose any "indicators"(as per IncredibleCharts)to apply to the chart. They include in their choice "cycle lines" which simply allows you to choose a nominated date to use as a start point(this can also be determined by moving your cursor to a designated point on the chart) and insert the desired number of "spacings"(cycles) between vertical lines. Once activated it shows a dotted vertical line at the designated start point(bar on bar chart) and full vertical points backwards and forwards from that date or bar...hence cycle lines. Vertical price cycles can be inserted in a similar fashion again from selected price levels(bottom or tops of bars) in both vertical directions. Ezycharts, Market Analyser and FutureSource are other charting programs that I'm aware have similar features.....thanks again for your response as I know you and your staff are constantly busy...regards GD

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1246

Wednesday, June 30, 2004 - 09:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GD

Thanks. That is a lot simpler than I expected.
And the vertical cycle lines are merely multiple trendlines at set spacings: fixed amount or fixed percentage?

Regards
Colin

gdd3

Post Number: 38

Friday, July 02, 2004 - 12:28 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin...Yep, you got it; so long as you can project time cycles forward(into future dates..ala Gann time cycles)and backwards, and price projections both above above and below the selected start point...bye GD

gdd3

Post Number: 57

Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 04:04 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin....just wondered if you had heard any feedback from the "powers-to-be" about my "Cycles and Percentage Increase/Decrease" lines first suggested back in June last year? I would appreciate an update...Thanks GD

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1590

Friday, February 11, 2005 - 11:31 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GD

We are focused on getting US intra-day updates completed (plus forex, commodities, UK and Canada). When that is done we will tackle the To Do list for Indicators and Stock Screens. Expected time frame is one to two months.

Regards
Colin

gdd3

Post Number: 58

Friday, February 11, 2005 - 04:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Colin, that sounds very promising. I'm also glad to read that forex, commodities, etc. are just around the corner. I'm particularly excited about the prospect of SFE commodities(indexes...SPI and Bonds)being available on I.C.
So, Colin very happy to wait 1-2 months...thanks, GD

gdd3

Post Number: 237

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 03:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin...can you provide an indication if the above request is still included in your "list of things to do", if so how far away, or has it been abandoned?

Regards
Dolphin

gdd3

Post Number: 266

Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 02:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin...Just one more suggestion and that is:- a response to the previous post(s) would be appreciated.

Your last response, in Feb. 2005, suggested maybe only 1-2 months...was that a typo and you actually meant 1-2 years(laugh!)? Anyway, that timeframe has also passed. I'll also add that you stated(June 30th, 2004)that this request "...was a lot simpler than you expected" so whats the go?

Regards

Grahame

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 3157

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 - 06:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GD,
Thanks for the reminder. We haven't finished the intra-day updates for USA & Canada as well. IC has fallen short on delivery in the past and are re-organizing in an attempt to rectify this.

Regards,
Colin

gdd3

Post Number: 486

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 12:25 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin....Another year plus has gone and as far as I can see not much "growth in most areas of I.C." . Sure, we are all going through some difficult times but if this request couldn't be included in the upgrades during the good times...2003-2007+....then I guess expecting it soon in the present climate would be a little optimistic.

Seriously, Colin, if I am the only user of I.C. that feels having a(basic and simple)"Cycle and Percentage Increase/Decrease" facility as an Indicator or Tool choice made available then you have my permission to delete this from the "list of things to do" and have one less (soft)"complaint" to worry about...but, it would be nice for I.C. to introduce this facility if possible(as you said way back in June 2004 "....that is a lot simpler than I expected").

Is there anyone else out there that thinks the inclusion a some sort of "Cycles and Percentage Increase/Decrease Tool" would be a good addition to I.C.?

With Respect

Dolphin

P.S. If I was a program writer I'd love to help set this up, and any of the many requests still "on the list"..., but, sadly, I'm not!

stater
Username: stater

Post Number: 89

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 01:49 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin
I think your suggestion is a good one - especially the percentage increase/decrease idea. Although I can't comment on development effort of course.
I proposed a related suggestion some years ago (initially in 2002). I would like the option of a vertical axis (not a separate indicator) which reflects percentage change in price rather than price itself.
Colin has accepted the idea in principle. It is available on other charting packages like Yahoo's. Other IC users have expressed support.
Rod
See https://forum.incrediblecharts.com/userscripts/forums/show.plx?tpc=24&post=80579

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 104

Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 02:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We receive a large number of suggestions/requests which we then try to prioritize and group in a logical development plan. It would be impractical to tackle requests individually when they relate to separate areas. Our survey of last year highlighted three priority areas on which we are currently focused:
  • trailing stop indicators;
  • more powerful stock screens; and
  • hour and minute bars with delayed/live data

We have released upgrades to the stock screener and will release further upgrades for stock screens and indicators over the next few weeks. We are also busy with intra-day data feeds but do not expect to be able to introduce hour and minute bars before next year.

We are aware of readers frustration with the slow rate of progress in some areas. We expanded our development team last year and are starting to see an improvement. I expect the backlog to diminish by the end of the year, but it will take time to complete all major development areas.

Regards,
Colin

gdd3

Post Number: 733

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 12:31 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin,

As my last posting on the ODB Thread 'jolted' my 'cyclical'(180days...6mth)reminder call for you and your team to give an update on this request. Love to receive more than just the standard reply...I mean, I would really hope that there is some hope!

Cheers
Dolphin

gdd3

Post Number: 979

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 12:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin...

Its another 6 months since the last reminder; just wondering if are you able to advise if this feature requested 06/04 will ever be considered.

Cheers
Dolphin

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 687

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 03:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin,

We are going flat out to introduce hour & minute charts with real-time updates before the end of the year. When that is out of the way we will be able to concentrate on some of the other long-outstanding requests.

Regards,
Colin

gdd3

Post Number: 980

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 01:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Colin for at least a response...good luck to both of us in our endeavours!

May I ask how many members requested Hourly and Minute charts?

Regards,
Dolphin

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 689

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 10:17 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin,

There were 3155 responses to our survey and 46% wanted real-time/15-minute delayed data (54% if we exclude the No Answers).

data

That is slightly higher than the percentage of respondents who trade short-term/day-trade: 38% (45% if we exclude the No Answers and Undecideds).

time frame

This does not mean that we will ignore other requests, but we do have to give these issues priority. We have already added extra indicators and a new stock screener. Real-time data and hour/minute charts are the remaining elephant in the room that we have to attend to before we can work on any further customization.

Regards,
Colin

gdd3

Post Number: 2236

Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 11:55 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin ... Nice to see the UPDATES coming.

One of your "Other minor changes" in your latest update took my fancy as it reminded me of my ( to quote you in 2004 ... "a lot simpler than I expected")request for Cycles and Percentage Increase Lines as it sort of answered indirectly part of that request.

I.E. ..."When you mouse-over the anchor point of a Trendline it now displays Calendar Days, Trading Days, and Candle Count in addition to Percentage Gain (and Annualized Gain)".

Great! Now I thought I would (finally) be able to use a 'copy' of a trendline between 2 swing points and project forward and backwards to at least get an answer to the 'Cycles'/timing part of my request. However, after only testing a handful of Indicies and stocks I (sadly) find it is mostly inaccurate. Sometimes its the CD's, sometimes its the TD's that is wrong ... by as much as 3 days. My 'test' always used the period over the Christmas break to, what I thought would be the best test period, to highlight the most holiday(non-trading day) gaps.

Sadly, atm, this means for me that I still have to go the long route and calculate CD's/TD's manually to check that the I.C. T/L info is correct or not.

Cheers
Dolphin}}

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2145

Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 04:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin,
Please give me an example (symbol, initial trendline start and end points, and copy points) so that we can identify the problem.

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

gdd3

Post Number: 2237

Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 10:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin ...

A bit of an apology is offered. Initially, in the cases of the 1/2 doz. "symbols" I looked at, I was placing a T/L on a 9 mths of data (~ 188TD's) open page. Apparently most of my initially identified errors were in the inaccuracy of placement of the T/L start and finish points(It is just so hard to "anchor" an accurate T/L ... Time and Price ... with anything more than 63 candles on display ... 3 months of displayed data).

Hence after re-checking on a 3-mth of data loaded chart(for, as I said, accuracy of placement of T/L start and finish points)all six showed accurate CD's BUT not necessarily accurate TD's.

Here are 3 examples ... covering the same trading period ... Dec.2016 to Jan. 2017. Two (1 Index and 1 stock )show an error in TD's but one, CBA, was correct in both CD's and TD's.

BHP ...
}}

SPX500 ...

CBA ...

I leave it with you ... But I would recommend to interested readers to make sure you "cross_check" the anchor points of your selected T/L's shown with the data date as shown below the chart(use curser) to ensure you are getting the best chance of **an accurate indication of this new tool.

Cheers
Dolphin

** ... Note: It is obvious also that with some stocks and Indexes the 'accuracy' of the % changes shown can't be shown as exact as the IC T/L feature CAN NOT and DOES NOT anchor on the exact highs and lows of the 'range' that may be chosen. This is exacerbated when you try to draw T/L's covering a lot of data(years of Daily data) or say Weekly and Monthly charts. This is not a criticism(Colin); I have for many years always tried to get as close as is possible to manually drawing my anchor points as accurately as I could by always zooming in(using the ZOOM icon button on the top RHS for those who don't know where it is) on my long term and long period charts.
}

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2148

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 04:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin,

That would be an improvement, to snap to the exact high/low or closing price. Also to the exact date. I don't know if it is achievable with the current platform but will bear in mind with the new HTML 5 development.

To ensure that you get an accurate count on a trendline, mouse-over the trendline anchor points and ensure the correct date is reflected. With BHP for example, it should show Dec 13 and Jan 25.

BHP days

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2149

Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 04:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P.S. The count is calculated on the days difference between the two anchor points. For BHP this would be:
  • calendar days: 18 + 25 = 43
  • trading days: 11 + 17 = 28

spdfgh
Username: spdfgh

Post Number: 193

Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 12:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Quote:
"Hi Dolphin,
We are going flat out to introduce hour & minute charts with real-time updates before the end of the year. When that is out of the way we will be able to concentrate on some of the other long-outstanding requests.
Regards,
Colin"

How does this work Colin? I haven't noticed any changes to intra-day 10 minute & hourly charts without manually refreshing the chart (by guessing) every 20 mins. I thought the data supply was updated every 20 minutes delayed, but your post would suggest that data is real time and I don't need to refresh?

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2151

Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 10:47 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Spdfgh,

We update continuously but on a 20-minute delay to avoid ASX royalties per user (incl. GST) for "live" data.

We have the capability to do real-time updates and I will be conducting a survey in the next few weeks to establish how many subscribers are interested. The cost will be an extra $30 p.m. (AUD including GST and ASX royalties of $22 p.m.) for real-time data.

spdfgh

Post Number: 194

Sunday, August 13, 2017 - 07:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for clarifying that.
My current live platform is IRESS Viewpoint platform through NAB, giving real time data and the ability to place trades directly. I won't be changing that anytime soon due to it being free (based on a few trades per month), although the platform is slow to respond to mouse clicks, it covers real-time for my requirements.
Although I still use Incredible Charts for the 20 minute data, good charts and indicator selection. and quick code searches, and mostly for EOD & weekend scanning.

Could I suggest that you include in the future user survey the ability to scan for the basic Technical chart setups and Candle setups; much like your direct competitor (ProTrader) has the ability to do. That and Darvas scans. Although I found their platform greatly lacking in some respects.

Personally I think any increase in costs to the the I.C. platform would require a major step in the development of the platform for:
For multi-screen chart windows and watch-lists for multi monitor setups,
Drag and drop,
User defined indicator and candle colours based on formula,
Candle and indicator signals marked on charts,
Dynamic system of indicators and formula based signalling filtered to watch-lists or portfolio,
User defined indicator settings for filter scans.

All of the above would implement real-time data to really good effect.
Why would you even bother to be in the stock market charting software supply commercial area if some of the above were not already implemented or on the development program?

My trading is becoming shorter term, and I find I need an edge for successful trades, I need the tools for this, and I would pay for the above; to the equivalent of the ProTrader annual costs (about $900 p/a). I'm sure the development expense would be justified based on current I.C. user numbers and additional new members a broader technical platform would attract.

I find the problems I have presently as a trader, is finding stocks at the right time of the cycle, not too early not too +late, and the search for these timely entries and exits takes a great deal of my time weekdays, nights and weekends scanning for opportunities looking at hundreds of charts & indicators. I feel with correct programming to address the problems the frequent trader confronts would supply the tools to overcome these problems, and supply a growing demand for those tools. Once that software addresses the problems you would find it a complete package and would require very little in way of future development.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2152

Monday, August 14, 2017 - 09:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Could I suggest that you include in the future user survey the ability to scan for the basic Technical chart setups and Candle setups; much like your direct competitor (ProTrader) has the ability to do. That and Darvas scans. Although I found their platform greatly lacking in some respects.

Personally I think any increase in costs to the the I.C. platform would require a major step in the development of the platform for:
For multi-screen chart windows and watch-lists for multi monitor setups,
Drag and drop,
User defined indicator and candle colours based on formula,
Candle and indicator signals marked on charts,
Dynamic system of indicators and formula based signalling filtered to watch-lists or portfolio,
User defined indicator settings for filter scans.

All of the above would implement real-time data to really good effect.

• Basic Technical Chart setups - not sure what you mean here
  • Candle setups - in our development program
  • Multi-screen chart windows - can't do on the desktop app., perhaps HTML5
  • Multi-screen watch-lists for multi monitor setups - same
  • Drag and drop - not sure what you mean here
  • User defined indicator and candle colors based on formula - what formula?
  • Candle and indicator signals marked on charts - again what formula?
  • Dynamic system of indicators and formula based signalling on watch-lists/portfolio - perhaps on the HTML5 app
  • User defined indicator settings for filter scans - a major development but we do plan to do this

spdfgh

Post Number: 195

Monday, August 14, 2017 - 10:19 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry meant the typical technical chart Patterns:
Reversal Patterns
Double Top Reversal
Double Bottom Reversal
Head and Shoulders Top
Head and Shoulders Bottom
Falling Wedge
Rising Wedge
Rounding Bottom
Triple Top Reversal
Triple Bottom Reversal
Bump and Run Reversal

Continuation Patterns
Flag, Pennant
Symmetrical Triangle
Ascending Triangle
Descending Triangle
Rectangle
Price Channel
Measured Move - Bullish
Measured Move - Bearish
Cup with Handle

Candle Patterns (or just the basic 5):
Abandoned Baby
Dark Cloud Cover
Doji
Downside Tasuki Gap
Dragonfly Doji
Engulfing Pattern
Evening Doji Star
Evening Star
Falling Three Methods
Gravestone Doji
Hammer
Hanging Man
Harami
Harami Cross
Inverted Hammer
Long Body / Long Day
Long-Legged Doji
Long Shadows
Marubozu
Morning Doji Star
Morning Star
Piercing Line
Rising Three Methods
Shooting Star
Short Body / Short Day
Spinning Top
Stars
Stick Sandwich
Three Black Crows
Three White Soldiers
Upside Gap Two Crows
Upside Tasuki Gap
---

Drag & drop stock codes between watch lists / portfolios.
---

Scripting formula to control indicator triggered symbols or colour of indicators (main or signal) or indicator or chart backgrounds, stamp symbols above or below candles, or candle background colour, triggered graphic symbols or colour blocks under / above candle at top / bottom of chart, on indicator panels top / bottom or indicator background etc.

Basic user input scripting formula (and by no means complete or accurate):
If macd.main >= macd.signal[1] and macd.main >= macd.main[1] (select colour) (select trigger graphic symbol) colour = green or macd.histogram bar = green
And
If candle high >= candle close[1], and candle.close >= candle.close[2] (do something...)

Incorporate the Chart Patterns, Incorporate candle patterns.
Its up to the programmer to supply the '<,>, =, and, or, stop' structure, parameters and library. This could be implemented on a very basic level at first including a library of indicators & price chart types. There must already be a candle script to control candle chart colours otherwise how does the program know what colour to paint candles for; Candle charts, Heikin Ashi candles, or OHLC charts candles, or MACD Histogram colours? I'm just saying extend and open the programming, once it's done its done.

---
"User defined indicator settings for filter scans - a major development but we do plan to do this"
I don't see how this is a major development? replace the existing, for example; stock screen MACD fixed inputs with a user input box; like on the indicator selection panel time periods. I just need to be able to screen for stocks that have a trigger for say; MACD 52,24,9, or any other custom indicator a user might rely on.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2153

Monday, August 14, 2017 - 10:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I don't see how this is a major development?

Existing screens are pre-calculated. Dynamic screens with user-generated parameters need to calculated on the fly. Basically tear it down and start again.

But we do see the benefit and plan to do this.

spdfgh

Post Number: 196

Monday, August 14, 2017 - 03:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no worries Colin I suspected that might be the case.

All good
I'm happy with the current software and at the current price. Just 'wish & know' it could be more.
I know that chart & indicator trigger signals are a matter of perception and that visualizing the trigger in your mind is really all you need do, and remember those triggers over 20 or so charts..., but it would be a good thing to have at least the last 5 trading days showing triggers somewhere on the charts.

As I said there is a market out there for a 'complete' charting package to equal the nearest competition's price point, which gives your IP plenty of scope for real-time data price inclusion.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»