You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Spel - spell - spal check

Chart Forum » Suggestion Box » Archive through January 02, 2005 » Spel - spell - spal check

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
macka
Username: macka

Post Number: 70

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, September 28, 2004 - 10:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Robin / Colin ( I put Robin first because I think that he has been wonderful under pressure during recent weeks )

Is it possible to incorporate a spellchack into the post process for sum un as incumputent as mee ?.

All it currantleyy does is tal me wen eye am rong but it does knot tal me what is the write alternative.

Wegards....Macka

robin
Username: robin

Post Number: 612

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 12:28 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Macka,

Since you have the preview your posts option checked in your profile, your posts should be spell checked.

During the preview of your post the words picked up as incorrectly spelt are highlighted with a yellow background.

Is this not occurring ?

Thanks,
Robin

spider
Username: spider

Post Number: 1742

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 01:21 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

(dictionary.com) macka

"Take all you can, and don't give anything back!"
Captain Jack Sparrow.

mosaic1996
Username: mosaic1996

Post Number: 964

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 08:09 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Macka,

Try http://www.iespell.com/ which is free for personal use. It ends up as an icon on the Internet Explorer toolbar. It then can be used to spellcheck text that you enter into an input box in IE. Like any good spellcheck it offers a choice of valid words when you make a typo. I have been using it for many months now and find it very useful for fixing typos and finding out how to spell other words. From memory an IC forum member suggested it.

Cheers,
Mosaic

deanrosario
Username: deanrosario

Post Number: 494

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 10:25 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If all the above fails, you can always create your post in MSWord and then cut & paste into the Forum box.

I do that most times after my PC crashed once during a lengthy posting and I lost it all.

Dean

PS: Macka you mentioned in another post that you played VFL football for "the greatest team in the competition". I'd normally take that to mean the Hawthorn FC but I do recall a Brian McKenzie playing in the 70s - I think it was for Carlton - am I right?

"It doesn't matter how often you are right or wrong - it only matters how much you make when you are right versus how much you lose when you are wrong." George Soros

macka
Username: macka

Post Number: 71

Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 08:25 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Robin

Yes, as you have suggested my spelling errors do get highlighted in yellow but that is really no use if a correction or alternative is not offered and from what I can ascertain IC does not provide that assistance.

Being told that you are wrong with no constructive alternative suggestions is why wives were invented!!!!.

Assuming that a full spellcheck provision is not on the to do list I have been playing around with the suggestions of Spider, Mos and Dean.

Unfortunately, most solutions are based on using Internet Explorer. But at the moment my computer currently can't handle transferring to a link in IE. It takes me back to my desktop. So I am currently using Netscape for access to the forum while my charts I access through IE.

So for the person who can help me with my base problem with IE I promise them that if I win the $20million tattslotto jackpot tonight then I will give them one!!!!!.

Regards...Macka

perler59
Username: perler59

Post Number: 387

Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 08:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Macka

How about composing in MS Word (or similar), then ^A for all, ^C for copy, change to the IC window and ^V to vomit (err paste :-) )

I can NOT control the markets, so I MUST control myself.

julles
Username: julles

Post Number: 1258

Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 11:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you won the tatts lotto tonight Macka then I'll have my hand up for the 1 offered. :-)

I've found Spiders suggestion the easiest to use, although a hassle it is in setting up another web browser.

It was Eons ago when I asked for the same thing of the IC Forum.

Anyhow good luck with it and if you find a suitable solution please let me know.

Julles

deanrosario
Username: deanrosario

Post Number: 496

Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 11:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've just set up IESpell and it is the perfect solution! (It's also very easy to install.)

"It doesn't matter how often you are right or wrong - it only matters how much you make when you are right versus how much you lose when you are wrong." George Soros

ann
Username: ann

Post Number: 203

Saturday, October 02, 2004 - 05:15 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings everyone,

I find keeping a dictionary beside the computer quite beneficial. It also means that whatever I have attempted to type, doesn't run the risk of disappearing into the ether, while I am not looking.

Cheers
Ann

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»