Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
spdfgh
Username: spdfgh

Post Number: 163

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 02:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could I.C. techs investigate the possibility of combining; the Smoothed Rate of Change indicator and the RSI indicator into an index 0/100 indicator like the Stochastic RSI?

Thanks.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2095

Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 04:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spdfgh,

Exponentially Smoothed RSI would look like this.

Smoothed RSI

This is a lot more long-term that the conventional 14-day RSI but it does seem to offer good entry points.

RSI

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

spdfgh

Post Number: 164

Friday, February 24, 2017 - 09:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok you're impressing me with some interesting looking charts there... Not I.C. standard but a possible future I.C.?

I take it the AMEX chart is American Express? What code because when I did the search I got a hundred American Express codes... very confusing those Tanks...

So, they are the same indicator (RSI) first chart with indexed bound Exponential smoothing the second vanilla?
I thought the vanilla RSI was Index bound to the 0/100, so not sure what the second chart indicator overlay is.

Is it possible to represent the 'Smoothed Rate Of Change' as index bound to see if it be a working prototype?

Thanks.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2096

Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 08:18 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Spdfgh,

I did that on Excel.
The US symbol is AXP.

The first chart uses in Excel was exponentially smoothed 14-day RSI, the second was the standard 14-day RSI as shown below.

axp

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

spdfgh

Post Number: 165

Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 11:58 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok... why does the RSI plus Exponentially smoothed represent differently in Incredible Charts than Excel? I note you use Wilder as smoothing in your response chart.

Could you program the Exponentially smoothed Relative Strength Index with Exponentially Smoothing (as above your first chart), in addition to the Smoothed Rate Of Change indicator bound to the RSI-Index in Incredible Charts?

Can I get excel to read I.C. data?

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2098

Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 02:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RSI is the same in IC and Excel, it's just the scale that is different.

I'll ask Rob about adding it to IC. Shouldn't be too difficult.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2099

Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 02:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RSI scale is RHS of Excel chart.

spdfgh

Post Number: 166

Saturday, February 25, 2017 - 10:46 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please add it, I'm using a Stochastic RSI currently set to 50 periods to achieve similar but don't like stochastics, would rather use the RSI-Exponential it looks like it could be 'the' indicator.
I was thinking the Smoothed Rate Of Change indexed would be better, you could call it the 'Smoothed Indexed Rate Of Change' or SIROC for short...

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2102

Monday, February 27, 2017 - 05:04 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On the chart menu, select Help >> Upgrade to Latest Beta Version.

You will find the new indicator under Indicators >> Smoothed RSI.

spdfgh

Post Number: 167

Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 11:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, not bad at all, I still prefer a tuned MACD Histogram for entry based feedback.
The RSI Smoothed set to 5 when the IOS is set to Hull I get nice smoothed crosses that I can use to clarify histogram weakness. Similar to the Bresert-DSS was in Quote Tracker (RIP).

spdfgh

Post Number: 170

Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 03:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could a Stock screen filter be done for the Smoothed RSI?
Not so much the 14 Day; but the 14 Week screen about the 20/50/80 lines, or a user input signal line cross.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2110

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 05:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

spdfgh,

We are way behind on adding stockscreen filters, so I cannot promise a quick response on this, but yes I would like to add it to the screener.

Regards,
Colin

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Custom MACD Filter Settings...colin_twiggs20-Mar-17  04:49 pm
Stock Screen: Closing Priceshadetreetrader11 24-Feb-17  02:15 pm
Syncing IC with two computers...colin_twiggs23-Feb-17  07:38 am
3 Day Chartsspdfgh08-Nov-16  08:23 am
Percent Axisstater16 29-Mar-16  11:11 am
Quick Delete Buttonbloggsy17-Mar-16  04:31 pm