You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

TSX Stocks 15-minute delayed

Super Trend Indicator...

Chart Forum » Suggestion Box » Super Trend Indicator...

««  Previous  Next  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
spdfgh
Username: spdfgh

Post Number: 426

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Sunday, September 30, 2018 - 01:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Super Trend Indicator (from ProRealTime) appears to be very close to the stop-out line of the QuantTrader system (Port Phillip Publishing). Orange arrows in image point to Supertrend line.

Could this indicator be implemented within Incredible Charts?
The Scan parameter for new trending stocks would be the crossing of price above/below the SuperTrend line in the last 2/3/4/5 weeks time frame, and where the STL remains positive (green).

For my own settings in ProRealtime scan results are ALI, CDX, API, SCO, OGC. CDX looking like the stand out for a trade.

(Message edited by sPdFgH on September 30, 2018)

Just another potato.

shadetreetrader
Username: shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1142

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 09:45 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here you go Spud, I've left out what looks like two Bollinger bands in the background..

IC Sooper Indicator

Do not take my posts as stock recommendations or advice, do your own research.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2220

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 10:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks STT,

What trailing stop did you use?
Green/red seems to depend on closing price above/below the trailing stop.

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

shadetreetrader
Username: shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1144

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 10:54 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin,
It's just a common garden variety ATR
I've deleted the project now, but I think it was about a 5 ATR with around an 11 week time period on the close.

Do not take my posts as stock recommendations or advice, do your own research.

spdfgh

Post Number: 427

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 01:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes STT, ATR based. But I think you need the red/green coloured line to make it easier to read.

For trailing stops I use the VMA (Variable Moving Average) and Long set SuperTrend in Tradingview.

In PRT like how you can do a combined scan for breakouts simply using the SuperTrend with settings for; one long & the other short, very effective scan set up.

This is the guts of it in TV Pine:
-------------------------------------------
Factor2=input(7, minval=1,maxval = 100)
Pd2=input(14, minval=1,maxval = 100)

Up2=hl2-(Factor2*atr(Pd2))
Dn2=hl2+(Factor2*atr(Pd2))

TrendUp2=close[1]>TrendUp2[1]? max(Up2,TrendUp2[1]) : Up2
TrendDown2=close[1]<TrendDown2[1]? min(Dn2,TrendDown2[1]) : Dn2

Trend2 = close > TrendDown2[1] ? 1: close< TrendUp2[1]? -1: nz(Trend2[1],1)
Tsl2 = Trend2==1 ? TrendUp2: TrendDown2
-------------------------------------------

(Message edited by sPdFgH on October 01, 2018)

Just another potato.

spdfgh

Post Number: 428

Monday, October 01, 2018 - 03:46 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just adding that the Renko in TV 'Box size assignment method': ATR. Whereas the Renko in PRT is box size %, and no mention of ATR.

I tend to prefer the TV method of ATR (14)

(Message edited by sPdFgH on October 01, 2018)

Just another potato.

spdfgh

Post Number: 429

Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 12:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The point of my Suggestion was in relation to the scanning / screening potential of the SuperTrend / ATR, just that this hasn't been acknowledged.

Could I.C. consider this?

Just another potato.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2221

Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 03:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks STT for the ATR settings.

SPDF,
We have stopped adding new filters to the existing screener as it has run into capacity constraints. We plan to build a new screener that offers unlimited filter choice from available indicators. But that is a long road and will take time to achieve.

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

spdfgh

Post Number: 430

Tuesday, October 02, 2018 - 09:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds promising, long roads lead to destinations eventually...

I favour the MACD 260,120,90 Weekly for long term assessment viewed on monthly charts, it would be very useful as a screener scan.

Moving average (ema daily 200 crossing 1000) is the closest I can get, but are inconsistent with the MACD 260,120,90, and give lots of false signals. And when the MACD crossover signal is automated for the live data (daily/weekly) this screener would be awesome.

The problem I face is that TV don't yet have custom settings for MACD scans, PRT don't have sufficient data to scan for this MACD setting, yet IC has the data but not the customizability for this scan!

There is probably a work-around with various indicators... just haven't found it yet.
Any suggestions appreciated.

Just another potato.

spdfgh

Post Number: 431

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 01:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Probably a dead topic here, but will post to see what may come of it.
The VMA is authored by a dude called Lazybear on T.V. and considering the Twiggs Money Flow remains ubiquitously on the T.V. site (after the request to 'cease and desist') I.C. could fire a cannon back by utilising the VMA script in I.C.?
It's the best MA I have found for tight stops and continuation trend triggers. As an automated alert system it would fair very well.
I would like to see a new 'baby' indicator born from mating the ATR/SuperTrend and the VMA together with doof doof music...funky!~

VMA (variable Moving Average) and Supertrend in Pine script:
Note: VMA not original but slightly adjusted to give separate candle colours and line colours.
Note: SuperTrend not original but slightly adjusted to give top & bottom symbols for ease of reading.
Note: Script original authors names removed.

study(shorttitle="SuperTrend + VMA", title="SUPERTREND + VMA", overlay=true)
//---------------VMA---------------//
src=close
l =input(12, title="VMA-1 Length")
std=input(true, title="Show Trend Direction")
bc=input(true, title="Color bars based on Trend")
k = 1.0/l
pdm = max((src - src[1]), 0)
mdm = max((src[1] - src), 0)
pdmS = ((1 - k)*nz(pdmS[1]) + k*pdm)
mdmS = ((1 - k)*nz(mdmS[1]) + k*mdm)
s = pdmS + mdmS
pdi = pdmS/s
mdi = mdmS/s
pdiS = ((1 - k)*nz(pdiS[1]) + k*pdi)
mdiS = ((1 - k)*nz(mdiS[1]) + k*mdi)
d = abs(pdiS - mdiS)
s1 = pdiS + mdiS
iS = ((1 - k)*nz(iS[1]) + k*d/s1)
hhv = highest(iS, l)
llv = lowest(iS, l)
d1 = hhv - llv
vI = (iS - llv)/d1
vma = (1 - k*vI)*nz(vma[1]) + k*vI*src

//Line colour
vmaL=(vma > vma[1]) ? lime : (vma<vma[1]) ? fuchsia : (vma==vma[1]) ? white : red
plot(vma, color=std ? vmaL : aqua, style=circles, linewidth=2, transp=0, title="VMA")

//Candle colour
vmaC=(vma > vma[1]) ? green : (vma<vma[1]) ? fuchsia : (vma==vma[1]) ? white : red
barcolor(bc ? vmaC : na)
//

//------------------SUPERTREND--------------------//
//study("Supertrend - Buy or Sell Signal", overlay = true)

Factor=input(4, minval=1,maxval = 100)
Pd=input(7, minval=1,maxval = 100)

Up=hl2-(Factor*atr(Pd))
Dn=hl2+(Factor*atr(Pd))

TrendUp=close[1]>TrendUp[1]? max(Up,TrendUp[1]) : Up
TrendDown=close[1]<TrendDown[1]? min(Dn,TrendDown[1]) : Dn

Trend = close > TrendDown[1] ? 1: close< TrendUp[1]? -1: nz(Trend[1],1)
Tsl = Trend==1? TrendUp: TrendDown

linecolor = Trend == 1 ? aqua : yellow

plot(Tsl, color=linecolor, style=line, linewidth=2, transp=10, title = "SuperTrend")

plotshape(cross(close, Tsl) and close>Tsl , "short X Up symbol", shape.labelup, location.bottom, aqua,0,0)
plotshape(cross(Tsl, close) and close<Tsl , "short X Down symbol", shape.labeldown , location.top, yellow,0,0)

plot(Trend==1 and Trend[1]==-1,color=linecolor, style=circles, linewidth=2, title="Trend")

plotarrow(Trend == 1 and Trend[1] == -1 ? Trend : na, title="short X Up Entry Arrow", colorup=aqua, maxheight=40, minheight=30, transp=0)
plotarrow(Trend == -1 and Trend[1] == 1 ? Trend : na, title="short X Down Entry Arrow", colordown=yellow, maxheight=40, minheight=30, transp=0)
//

(Message edited by sPdFgH on October 05, 2018)

Just another potato.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Time frame of indicatorscolin_twiggs04-Jun-19  05:13 pm
RENKO charts anyone?rockon23-Sep-18  07:50 am
Stochastic with additional indicator...spdfgh23-Aug-17  09:55 pm
MACD Histogram with direction colour...spdfgh19-Aug-17  04:55 pm
Dynamic filter scans Watch-Lists & Portfolios...spdfgh18-Aug-17  02:10 pm
Text height for quick code listboxspdfgh18-Aug-17  01:57 pm