Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
jjll29
Username: jjll29

Post Number: 136

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 02:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good day Colin

Thank you very much for the hard work and improvements done through the way. I have been using IC for many years, perhaps longer than a decade? I feel it is getting better and better year after year, congratulations!

I would like to suggest something about the time frame on indicators,if you don't mind.

My idea is to time frame setting in the indicator setting (as that complicates the display as well as being time consuming), and add it in the top menu bar.

This change can provide several benefits:

clear and concise display--if I add several indicators at different time frame, then the display become massive, as too many time frames to be shown. And more importantly, it is impossible for several indicators to be displayed in the same screen if more than 4 of them are chosen. If indicator is set up without time frame input, this can be avoided.

Convenience for user--chart user can just set the indicators for all the time frames and by clicking a time frame button, charts of all time frame can be easily accessed. Easy to use and time effectiveness greatly influence user's experience.

I understand that there are more than a dozen of time frames if each one of them given an icon in the top menu bar, the screen will look a bit massive. My suggestion on this is that, only add three new time frame icons such as Day+, Hour+ and Minute+, each of then provide drop down menu for user to choose desired time frame.

If IC also provides indicator template, combined with the above change, it will be great. Users can pick 3-4 indicators, name it and save it as a template. Once this template is opened the fixed set of indicators can be easily displayed within the same screen, on any stock, across the complete time frame. I guess this can be the dream of many IC users as it is simple and easy to do, just several clicks.

Just something for you to consider Colin.

Cheers.

Jason

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2231

Friday, May 10, 2019 - 05:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jason,

That would be difficult to achieve with the desktop but may be achievable with the new HTML5 development.

Am I right in saying that you want the indicators to be synchronized with the time frame selected on the toolbar? Perhaps you could give me a call some time to explain in more detail.

Thanks,
Colin

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

jjll29
Username: jjll29

Post Number: 137

Saturday, May 18, 2019 - 01:06 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, like Meta Trader software MT4 or MT5, by just clicking one time frame icon, you can easily switch between charts of different time frames (while keeping settings for everything else unchanged). However, given there are nearly 20 time frames, it would be too messy if all time frames are given an icon. My suggestion is only provide three time frame icons: D+, H+ and M+, each has drop down menu for user to choose more specific time frame, such as Weekly, 2 hours, 5 minutes, etc.

What is the best time for me to call you Colin?

Thank you for your attention.

Regards.

Jason

scarlettsmith694
Username: scarlettsmith694

Post Number: 13

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 03:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check time frame in the indicator setting and then add the menu bar on the top of the page.

ScarlettSmith

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2232

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 05:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope I understand you correctly.

Include a setting (e.g. a selection box) that, if checked, will vary the indicator in sync with the Chart Interval?

For example, 30-day MA on a daily chart would display as 30-week MA on the weekly chart and 30-month MA on the monthly chart.

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»