Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
leont
Username: leont

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, November 25, 2006 - 11:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I find it a bit frustrating to have to remove line breaks before I paste anything into the caption.

brumby
Username: brumby

Post Number: 9

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Monday, September 14, 2009 - 10:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is very helpful to be able to make notes on the charts to avoid repetitive analysis every time a chart is re-visited. Presently the only way I can do this is to use the caption option which unfortunately is very limited in its ability to perform this function. I would like to request some form of development to enable notes to be made on the charts.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 244

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 09:52 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brumby,

This is in our development plans, but will not be addressed before next year because of current priorities:
  • Stock Screen Filters
  • Enhanced Watchlists
  • Intra-day Data

Regards, Colin

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 648

Friday, December 11, 2009 - 12:51 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin and anyone else,

I endorse Brumby's request to improve I.C.'s present CAPTION limitations but accept your response Colin. However, can either you, a staff member or any other I.C. user out there help get me over the obvious issue as illustrated in my attached Chart below. I have touched on this issue via the improved support submission method about 4-5 months ago but it is yet to be resolved.

The Caption position and sizes relevent to the other graphics(chart heading, price bars, X/Y axis info and trendlines), that are viewed below are obviously not what I view and are stored on my "constructed" captioned chart on my monitor. I accept one part of the issue could be that I'm using a 64bit Dell computer with a 64bit Windows Vista Premium operating system. But I have similar issues using my laptop which is the usual 32bit operating system.
Can anyone please help or outline a way around this thats not too laborious.

Here's an example...XJO weekly

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S. Would dearly love to post this chart as a 'legible' chart with backup explanation on why I think maybe tomorrow or next week appears to be a pivotal timeframe for our markets but simply can't see the point if no one can read the captions!

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 2930

Friday, December 11, 2009 - 01:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin,

I do have a solution but you will probably find it a bit of a pain. I use it all the time to annotate my charts. The steps are as per the attached Word document.

If you have any problems just give me a holler.

application/msword
editing charts exported from ic software package.doc (155.1 k)

Here is an example of some of the simpler things you can do however you can make the edits as complex as the limits of your imagination.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 649

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 11:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rudy,

Just a quick thankyou(again) for taking the time to submit your solution above and will follow up hopefully late on sunday evening as I'm choofing off to Margaret River area for a 2 day sojourn.

Regardless, my point was that hopefully something within the I.C. program could be added, improved or adjusted to rectify the caption feature as, like you, I like to write my notes on my charts, not only for my own benefit but for the benefit for Forum readers also.

Have a great weekend(I know I will) and I'll be in touch soon.

Dolphin

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 2932

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 11:48 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin,

Look forward to hearing from you. I'll be away until early in the New Year starting very early Tuesday.

Have a great break.......I definitely will.

Cheers

Rudy

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

heatman
Username: heatman

Post Number: 1

Monday, November 22, 2010 - 09:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin and forum members,

To follow on from previous posts regards to CAPTIONS..

I currently use single CAPS letters or short abreviations as caption markers and then add the longer text in the caption text box..

BUT even then if I have several daily captions marking trades / information then these will overlap or be only viewable on a short time period .. which beats seeing the overall picture.

A suggestion, as a past user of Sharescope software, would be the use of the LOWER edge of the chart to insert a "TIMELINE" or (several timelines) that allow TABS to be inserted with " SHOW/HIDE COMMENT BOX " ability similar to that in M/Soft Excel and O/Office Calc.

This would use minimal screen space and allow max. text insertion.

As I invest in E&P oil companies with much of the information being relavent at some time in the future I would really appreciate being able to scroll the TimePeriod into the FUTURE.

Combined with captions and a timeline this would indeed be a powerful tool and a great saleable asset to Incredible Charts.

I have researched many software products including the Sharescope and Updata Trader Pro which cost much money and do not have these SIMPLE facilities.

Hope it can become a feature of your great charting software package,

Regards,
Dave. UK

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 869

Friday, November 26, 2010 - 01:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dave,

Thank you for the suggestion. As mentioned earlier in the thread, we do have a re-vamp of the captions/text tools on our To Do list, but this is currently being delayed by the need to complete hour/minute charts with continuous data updates.

I like your idea of a show/hide comment facility similar to Excel. This could display automatically when you mouse-over a candle. We would have to work out how best to flag the presence of a comment on the chart. Either a timeline with tabs, as you suggested, or a small flag icon above/below the candle.

You can extend the chart into the future at present. Use the left/right scroll arrows in the top right corner of the chart. Right-click on the arrows to change the scroll interval. However, you are unable to place captions in the future. Is that what you mean by "I would really appreciate being able to scroll the TimePeriod into the FUTURE"?

Regards,
Colin

heatman
Username: heatman

Post Number: 2

Friday, November 26, 2010 - 09:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your response to the suggestion on the Captions idea.

I have attached a page with graphical description of what I thought about. There you have it, simple - " Job done ! "

Entering future events , say on the time line at + 3 months /+ 9 months, e.g. XD, Div, Programmed events etc., they would move closer as time moves forward so price movements can be monitored on the approaching event and after the event, seeing the reactions to such markers. Also being " timely" reminders !
Scrollbar would be nice addition as against click, click, click - OR- Click and hold down mouse button for continual scroll with existing R-arrow ?

Leave it with you, and if actioned hope you get some positive feedback.

David Dorrell
11:32 UK
26-11-2010chart with timeline and tabs

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 872

Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 08:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you David,

We have received a number of suggestions about improving the captions and adding text boxes and will have to synthesize them into a cohesive whole through consultation with users.

sk8
Username: sk8

Post Number: 1

Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 11:11 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm throwing my 2c worth as well.

your charts have almost become a trading diary for me and I'm just running out of space to keep my notes

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Volume Take2 - Hi/Lowcolin_twiggs23-Feb-11  12:35 pm
HotKeysabloke20-Feb-11  01:17 pm
Volume buy/sellabloke20-Feb-11  01:02 pm
Offline datacolin_twiggs24 28-Jan-11  07:31 am
Stock Name besides the ticker symbolav10426-Jan-11  07:30 pm
Screen Filter: Above and Below ATR Stophighaltitude20-Jan-11  08:50 am