Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
dug
Username: dug

Post Number: 3746

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, December 11, 2009 - 05:15 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm setting up a thread here.Oh It's a Joke alright but in the Brisbane Fortitude Valley sense as well as for d'yuk yuks.

My opening gambit is to do with the GREEN.
THE[d'] up and coming 2010zzzz Sector.

i qualify to comment because,well,i've done some study/pondering on this 'style' of shares and i reckon i have a handle/set of criteria for giving you all d'Gist of somethings for you to consider if you want to give this Investing/Trading,a Go.

now,i don't want to debate or even hear any warm'n'fussy piffle.I know the polar bear has been swimming between ice flows for Millenia!
i don't care to enter the Global Warming Debate of Julius Sumner Miller style of Why is it SO!!

personally i saw the whole ecology slant of we must save d'Blessed Whales as a Major Distraction of the 60's/70's Social Revolution.
No longer did the Marxist Radicals care about Social Action when they could be diverted to piffling on about bloody Whales.
it all turned into-Give us a High Paid Job?and we'll settle down.

amongst my anarchist group in Brizzo,it was said-
If only we had enough Social Workers..
we could irrigate the Central Desert.

Anyhow,the Force to Shares is about,while typically the fascists[nb small f]rally d'bamboozle but insignificant moi is here to give ya some considerations to ponder of what i reckon is a viable true path for a
Pilgrim to Mammon to follow.

i reckon if ya folla my musings only a self obsessed Dill would call ya A Tree Hugger!!

later

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

dug

Post Number: 3747

Friday, December 11, 2009 - 06:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First Principles-
Green is Global.This leads to OS ideas dominating any Australian action.
There is a definite tendency to push some Oz "invention" will Save d'World.
also that some Oz green procedure is World Class etc etc blah
put ya money in and wave d'Flag!!

well,you do know d'word Xenophobic,right?ya looked it up in your dictionary so you could feel all smug about Qld's Own Pauline,correct?
when ya felt so smug,didn't you absorb that Xenophobic feelings were,well,pretty stupid?a way to irrational conclusions?

so playing the Xenophobia Card by a Green Company is very much a Flag to be...wary.

One Green Sector that is ASX listed is the WIND Power Mob.
Wind Power is quite weak as a Green Energy Solution yet it has probably the greatest BigMoney Backing.
Why?
well,there's state of the art technical equipment involved.
d'Screw Mechanism on a WindMill RULES and the Germans and General Europeans reckon when it comes to the High Teck Screw?they have it covered.

I've heard it said that some Post Nimbin Hippies in the mid 70's devised the modern wind power screw but that may just be legend/urban myth.

I reckon that chancers and spivs in Australia now simply point at "It's d'Go in Europe so let's bring it here" ie windpower and those second tier Spivs-Babcock'n'Brown.

Investing "Problem" arises in that any Oz Wind Power Company Listed is going to rely on GE/european stuff.they will be a client/customer of these companies equipment SALES Spiel.
one,an australian 'punter',is financing the purchase of a so proclaimed 'solution' to Global Green Problems and the only way for a paltry Oz Company in Wind Power to Make a BUCK is to whinge to the Government for a Massive Subsidy to pay for this imported equipment,while they spend your investment on some Euro/US Invention.

ie wind power,along with a lot of greenish companies are relying on Viability being GovernMent/STATE Provided.

I see only an investment in able to Stand Alone, Competitive with Old Tech 'stuff' as d'way to GO and Wind Power Companies are OFF MY LIST.

more
....later

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

baysider
Username: baysider

Post Number: 235

Friday, December 11, 2009 - 08:23 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug
Now this could be a really good thread. I know Ivor and I will be interested in reading your words of wisdom as I believe you're onto something.

eblode
Username: eblode

Post Number: 1227

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 08:25 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,

Yer d'kind of guy I always ear fer yr keen insite. Keep it up.

Ugenio

dug

Post Number: 3748

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 02:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it is said by media commentators like Alan Kohler [aka Koka]that Green Investments are the Worst.They have seen no Green Sector Investment give Long Term Returns ie over years like a Blue Chip.
This leads the so called Ethical/Green Institutional Funds to ignore most cutting edge Development Listed Companies and criteria ethics and sustainability by non investing in Tobacco,Grog and Gambling.
Being NOT in these three gives a veneer of Ethics suitable for churches to invest with 'em.

Another factor in raising Finance in Green Type Companies is the Yank Use of Private Venture Capital Companies instead of Listed on Exchange Companies.

There are very few Green "Edgy" Listed Companies Worldwide that are successful and an example to your garden variety "investor"[at least to my knowledge,anyone know of one?Not a Computer Tech or a Bio.]

Anyway,this problem of private capital raising encourages the thinking that the Gov't/State should finance/subsidise such Industry.
but the problem arises with the typically,small cap,australian 'pioneer' getting subsidy above a proven BigBoy Giant.

I've read that one of the Major Problems with Gov't Handouts is that small,listed,"Invention" Companies divert resources away from DOing and into consultants,lobbyists and general PR Machine activity chasing Grants while simultaneosly sacking or downgrading the engineers/scientists and boffins who are actually working to get the idea out of prototype and into commercial production.

of course there are Green Companies whose only Work is the Raising of Capital for the fun'n'profit of the directors etc.Just like some Mining Minnows who rarely put a shovel into the ground.

anyhow,as it's said if you wanna feel good about investing so you go for something Green?Be prepared to see your money as A Donation,that most probably will give little return in the Long Term.

basically you have to get beyond the bumphf and treat green as a wild speculation ie shortish term trade with stop loss action.

however,i find most posts on such companies are bushy tailed and gung ho waffle about how this or that share is destined for Multi Bagger[100%]anytime soon especially if only the Gov't,any Government would Put The Billions Up Gratis etc etc blah.

we don't get these types of posts here but frankly i really wonder sometimes if some of these aren't salted in by the above mentioned Company PR Machine.

i generalise,i'll take a break and get specific

later

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

dug

Post Number: 3750

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 04:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A,if not,THE Major Criteria in a Green Share is the "Old Tech" cost of production.
This is well illustrated in the Ethanol "Boom" a few years back but still,hopefully,within eblode's memory.

Ethanol got discredited because of all the Fossil Fuel required to grow the crops to produce it from.
The use of "Old Tech" Energy virtually equated with the Ethanol Production making this industry not much chop.

It should also be noted how ethanol was subsidised by the US Gov't in particular as well as various Euro ones.
Government Policy was based more on Pork Barreling the Farmer Vote.We still get blessed Barnaby Joyce and the National Party here in Australia bringing Ethanol up as "Green Policy".

I hope you can appreciate that Green Gestures like Ethanol do not succeed in satisfying the Green Lobby.This Lobby has this beyond straight economic 'theory' by adding in cost forgone,carbon/pollution effects into their equation of good or bad.

one of the latest ones is the use of rare earths in New Tech and they extrapolate on actual rarity as well as waste disposal ie is the invention using rare earth able to be Mass Produced and not just be an interesting experiment,piece of Lab Equipment?

If it's Rare Earth is not so Rare and able to be used in Mass Production then what problems are there in Waste Disposal?
seems most rare earths are carcenogenic,some on a par with uranium half life etc.

such debating points contribute to No Institutional Investment because of uncertainty of the invention being long term viable.Oh but these same Institution will throw money into Drug Companies,that's different,right?

anyhow,nuf for today.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 2882

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 05:08 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dud,
Don't intend to sound patronising.
I like the idea of you your own thread.
Don't believe it should be called a bog though.
Blog Dug, blog ! ;-)
I have always respected the depth of your knowledge.
I look forward to reading your thoughts.

I've been on my cruise ship for 3 days and have not left my cabin yet. There are two doors in my cabin. One leads to the bathroom and the other has a sign on the door knob that says "Do not disturb".

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

dug

Post Number: 3751

Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 12:32 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it's bog choco because the Green Sector is a SWAMP.

ya just don't get it,hey hersh?

the share market is not proper'n'prim,it's [up 'n'] down and DIRTY.

Pilgrim to MAMMON.do you see d'sense of that metaphor,at least?

anyway,it is a sign of stupidity to dismiss Green Shares as an up'n'coming Sector.I reckon it Could rival Resources and shouldn't be glibly dismissed by a simpleton snide remark about "Well I'll buy Uranium" or piffle about tree huggers.

I see a major problem in the Green Debate being that it is orientated around 10 yr olds being "involved".
Pilgrims are getting all gushy about their grand children.

one sees many posts where it is declared that a Green Investment has been "bottom drawed",it'll do an early ivor and come back to buy price sometime,be patient..

often warren buffett is dragged into it-Wazza Buff,world's richest man,says Have Patience

'n' ya shake ya head and mutter about YOU're D'Patient,DILL!!!

look the best green shares are less than 2 years old.In the New Year no doubt there'll be a Swag of Green New Floats.I suggest a following of these.not necessarily taking up the Float,but keeping an eye/watchlist of New Green Shares.

oh i can comment on the current crop but the likes of CFU,CNX even DYE,well i'm jaded more than deep green about them.

it's all in picking a company that has Market Capitalisation Growth Potential and understanding that as long as the shares on issue remain 'stable' the ONLY Way Market Cap can Grow is by PRICE RISES.

ya don't need advanced calculus skills to
get d'picture
finger and toes maths will do.
it's so,trust me
i'm an amputee of a coupla toes and i GET IT!!

tomorrow...

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

hershy

Post Number: 2883

Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 05:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Dug I did get the reason for naming your thread a bog.
I just thought that in some minds the connection to another meaning of the word would be made.
That other meaning has in fact more green connotations than your fen, being very organic and renewable. Also, and I say this only in an attempt to be funny and not to flame you, some would say you are full of it.
Too right that grandfathers are now thinking of righting some of the damage they have wrought on the planet. Too right that after we - m m m my generation, have tamed most of the planet and began to kill it in the process of chasing our materialistic dreams we are trying to repent.
We're not spending the grand children's inheritance, we're living on baked beans on toast so the kids will see something of benefit while they hide from the super cyclones and tsunamis and droughts and deluges that we've brought on ourselves. But we're OK Jack, we'll be long dead when the sea levels have risen 20 meters, Switzerland has no glaciers and Greenland is exactly that. We're not spending the kids' inheritance but we're wanting the kids to pay for restoring the health of the planet. And it makes some of us feel a little less guilty, a little less ashamed of what we have done. So the "haves" are pushing the idea of green shares.
Sounds good, but the truth is that those that are running these green companies, are not doing it for the love, they are doing it for the dough but their PR machines are working on our hearts and minds - and hip pockets.
Tell me Dug, are you paying extra to your electricity company to know that 5% of YOUR electricity comes from "renewable" resources ? I would expect that a higher proportion of "have nots" than "haves' have chosen to pay more. And when you think of it, all that extra premium does is put money back into ledgers of Powercorp or whatever they might be called.
So as well as "green", we should be looking for ethical.
So what does that leave in the watch list ?

Not coal miners thay are carbonating or is it carbonising out skies.
Not oil companies they are emptying the pockets of our planet and leaving voids.
Not agri .business, they are using too much fertiliser - killing the flora and fauna.
Not firms engaged in genetic engineering, they are killing the flora.
Not companies involved in raising cattle, they are killing
native fauna, trampling fauna underfoot and wasting water.
Not airlines - they are polluting the skies with fumes and noise and killing the ozone layer.
Not travel agents or infrastructure funds businesses 'coz they bring the airlines and the gas guzzlers and carbon emiters.
Not mining companies that are killing everything including native villagers and not exploration companies 'coz they bring the miners.
Not tree plantations, they use too much water and take room from other farming.
Not retailers, they would sell their grandmothers AND deliver just to make a profit.possibilities
Not pharmaceuticals, they unleash medicaments that cure one thing but kill us with something else. Their hormones are causing two headed hermaphrodites to be borne in the fish world while causing cancers among mankind.

Not Dyesol 'coz they are being manipulated by this omnipotent mogul for his own financial gain or master plan.
This last one is only here to peeve you Dug, you've put up a good argument and I for one believe you.

So what does that leave ?
Builders of old folks homes ?
Renewable energy with it's many possibilities ?
Nuclear, geothermal, wave, coal seem, wind, which one ?
Aquaculture ?
Companies that propose to put carbon into the voids caused by oil companies by removing the oil ?
What would make us sleep better at night Dug ?

I know !
Wineries, brewers and distillers.
They are green, they use renewable resources, care for the pristine springs and forests and fields and hillsides and no one can argue that they do not make the consumers feel much better. And in reasonable quantities are good for the heart and fight cholesterol.
Problem solved.

There you go Dug, all you need now to make your day is a rant (like mine) from Charles.

Happy Chanukkah !
(Written totally in jest, please no one take this seriously, just amusing myself on a sleepless Sunday morn)

I've been on my cruise ship for 3 days and have not left my cabin yet. There are two doors in my cabin. One leads to the bathroom and the other has a sign on the door knob that says "Do not disturb".

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 55

Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 06:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,
am half way thru Weinsteins book,great read and I think a method to follow,have previously been following blue chips ,bottom picking with success lost about 10k last week buy lowering stops to lower resistance levels only to see stocks fall thru,sick of paying etrade comms
Worst shares
MGX 4/1 5653@1.76 -20.17% stop 1.40
PEM 23/12 12550@.71 -14.51 stop .60

Best
ANG 27/1 3382@2.95 -1.69 been trending up for so long resistance 2.80
IPL 25/1 5893@3.38 -0.30 bounced off resistance at 3.27 after uptrend from Nov and pullback Jan plenty room for move up
Dont do any FA ,read or watch your money your call recon it clouds my judgement influence has come from IC of late and now I,m thoroughly confused

If everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

dug

Post Number: 3956

Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 07:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MGX- sell it early next week possibly even on moday's open especially if you can't screen watch monday's action.

why i reckon-

It was downtrending weeks/days before the 'panic'.the rush to the door has accelerated this.
yellow line at 146 is/was the support for a 'healthy' retracement.steamed thru it.
now,monday will test orange 138.5.that's called the lower low and a share is said to make a definite sell signal when it makes a lower low.

now,it may bounce off this price because the panic has stabilised.But it may only bounce intraday back to 146ish.

against this you have to consider it just dropping thru this after say a half hours,support trading and if it does break 38?well you're looking at 110ish.

i haven't checked whether MGX can be shorted but,breaker 138 is a natural point for shorts to be closed at.
closing a short,breaker means that you BUY.
one SELLS at a Top and BUYS on the Low,it's sophisticated.
it also can 'encourage' you to think,hope and pray that the share has turned round.

do you follow?MGX is a 'conventional'/blue chipish share.It'll follow definitely/most probably the general All Ords/ASX300 Trend.
even if it stabilises monday,at best MGX may bounce to 146 ish.at worst it could cruise thru 138 and end up at 110 again.

Sell it i reckon so you've got money to have a go on it again or maybe find a better Goer.

hope you follow?
it was a 'good' pick being in iron ore etc but it's gone bad thru the outside influences and you may have learnt something about Blue Chips and the 'weird' effects that being able to short a share can have.

another one,later.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

breaker_1

Post Number: 56

Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 09:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks Dug
I agree at least I,m starting to see the same things

Winston Churchill

breaker_1

Post Number: 57

Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 09:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P.S
I normally would have sold at red candle 1912,but spinning top candle next day kept me in
Should have sold at 1.65 where your stop is
Dont know why I didnt see the 1.46
Guess iron stock ect,need to be more unemotional
But is all clear when pointed out

Winston Churchill

breaker_1

Post Number: 58

Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 09:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

pem

Dug , excuse me preempting
If PEM don,t bounce off .60 she gone
candle 2212 kept me in
.60 is next support

Winston Churchill

dug

Post Number: 3959

Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 10:23 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

breaker_1 wrote on Saturday, January 30, 2010 - 10:59 pm:

Dug , excuse me preempting

excuse you?do you think i'm some ego maniac prat know it all?
excellent breaker,you can do it yourself.review your charts,contemplate what you hoped against what the Market reality is and have 'solid' information to make a decision on even if it's to do nothing.

i'd just like to point out that,in the case of MCC,that the fundamental of price decline because of profit downgrade,substantial is 'encouraging' the DownTrend to the probable effect of nearby support levels not holding ie they'll probably crack.

i don't 'like' MCC,i prefer NHC new hope.I'm looking for a entry in the 30cent range.
in the long term thread i've 'explored' the qualities of NHC,breaker.consider it as either an alternative to MCC or a supplement/dual holding play.

will be off most of today.i'm sure you'll all be able to carry on without me.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

breaker_1

Post Number: 59

Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 12:15 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the heads up your confirmation is encouraging enough make me keep going after losses last week, although I did make some silly mistakes i.e.got to cocky
NHC and Soul Patterson eh!The Bowen basin is close to here big action going on mostly by Gina Reinheart I guess you mean entry at 4.30
ang

Will this stock keep on going,or did I buy to late @2.95 I cant see any resistance ahead shoulda bought this time last year ,c'est la vie

Winston Churchill

breaker_1

Post Number: 61

Monday, February 01, 2010 - 02:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No worries Dug ,got me answer

Winston Churchill

dug

Post Number: 3970

Monday, February 01, 2010 - 03:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi ivor[sorry breaker],
got a problem with bigpond replying to http/ email addresses even when it's bigpond!!

will get back to you here about that weinstein scan and general rabbit about portfolio set up etc but the Daily Bread thread/Ody could give you better advice than me,a mere penny speculator.

later.

(Message edited by dug on February 01, 2010)

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

breaker_1

Post Number: 62

Monday, February 01, 2010 - 03:34 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Dug
Only one share left
Guess which one
Did you buy NHC today or did you really mean.30

nhc

Winston Churchill

dug

Post Number: 3972

Monday, February 01, 2010 - 03:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no i meant 430 to start getting ready for a turn/bounce.
ie not just because it hits it like today.
ideally it'll fall and turn around 410 and you/i will be 'parcelled' up by the time it steams back up thru 430.

it's probably only got say $5 in it UNLESS Arrow gets Sold or NHC announces some 'sexy' project wonderfully utilising their Billion$$$ war chest/cash in bank.
then it could do $6,no worries.

pays dividends,is extremely solid and well managed.suitable for Super Fund Hold Long Term as long as you buy at a suitable time and price level 'bargain'

cheers.

ps-if you're cashed up,follow daily bread thread for comments on Blue Chip 'chances'.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

breaker_1

Post Number: 65

Monday, February 01, 2010 - 04:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Dug
Ill stay down here, got nervous up in the Gone with the Wind/Novel size posts.
Now, back to those scans

Winston Churchill

dug

Post Number: 3974

Monday, February 01, 2010 - 07:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i'll give some angles on those scans re new highs.
missed picking up the poster in it in january,whatever.

anyhow,won't be able to go into it til tuesday arvo earliest,see you in scans.

daily bread might be long winded but they're genuine,breaker.try and scan it every 2/3 days to see if any discussion of a share you're interested in turns up.
they cover the fundamentally sound shares,using this high faluting $5000 programme thingy for basis from which they draw their own conclusions.
very valuable,constructive critiques on Blue Chip/Respectanble Shares[like should be in a super fund] regularly put before you there.much more objective and practical then you'd get from a Broker.

chew it over,breaker daily bread ain't snobby and elitist as other threads and posters around here.

tomorrow scans [or d'next day]

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

breaker_1

Post Number: 67

Monday, February 01, 2010 - 09:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stock Screens
Percentage of price high
Rex Woof
March 2009
you were discussing with he the pros and cons of price highs, Weinstein ect
Anyhow if you could elaborate when you get back I'd appreciate it
Will take your advice blue chip super fund wise and look at NHC tomorrow for other
Sorry I misunderstood re Ody, I twigged after I posted

Winston Churchill

hershy

Post Number: 3063

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Monday, February 01, 2010 - 09:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I post this with trepidation, not wanting to have my head kicked in but,
To quote McEnroe:
"You can't be serious "!
Why are you guys talking of buying now ?
It's like Adam said to Eve, " I have no idea how big this thing gets " !
Should you not just sit on the sidelines and watch ?

The first bounce could/would/will be a dead cat bounce. And if it isn't ? You miss a few points.
Confirm, don't predict. Trade, don't gamble.
I would much rather be sorry I did not enter a trade that be sorry that I did.

Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often.
The wise man, even when he holds his tongue, says more than the fool when he speaks

dug

Post Number: 3977

Rating: 
Votes: 3

Monday, February 01, 2010 - 10:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hershy,he's 'looking' at it not buying necessarily but doing what you yourself suggested,putting his technique tuned during the downtrend with a speculation things may turn any day.
hershy,oh jesus can you go sort bleeding ivor out from being some blow in referee in MMX?He's doing a bleeding Chocolate Bar Democrat Piffle Comment in a Forum Basic Tenet.
There's others than the Forum Contributors to Consider.There's the Viability of this Forum.
hershy,i can quite happily join d'barbque set.I'd like to just be able to post my observations amongst they who hold/trade/have an opinion view of the share specifically.

here you get very little feedback whatsoever because so few members hold the same share ever or at the same time and there seems to be no culture to use all those other sections for discussions of side issues of the share market ie psychology,systems scans Hershy even Does TA Really Work? hasn't worked for Months!!

really i'm getting PEEved OFF.You deserve d'Sentimental FU%$#ing Favourite to run roughshod over ya.
every one of my threads has had that prat slimy in with some complete Irrelevancy Mumbo Jumbo and he has shown not the slightest inclination to post anything Relevant or Useful other than what his Mother would say was d'Best Thing He Ever Done.

I'm tired.I'm Sick and Tired.I don't need this.
I've buttoned Colin.I've done d'Right Thing but Chaaaaarles still wants to Play.
hershy,if you are incapable of seeing this?

The captain is of a small pond/mind and it's drying up.

and I'm out of it as of Wednesday Arvo if there is no definite Resolution other than by Blow Ins bullshitting about Maturity etc.[who i might add are now in PM communication with the "I only throw bones here' Chuck[see some previous post at the Top of The Board by our "Captain"]

pathetic.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

breaker_1

Post Number: 68

Monday, February 01, 2010 - 10:34 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy
I would only buy NHC after conformation at, as Dug says around $4
Same with MMX next level is $2 but it would have to bounce of with volume for me
Lot around at the moment CTX,Org,Kar,Ago,Wor all at nearly 6 monthly lows
But as I have learnt from these pages to be patient and wait for conformation. I believe the market will turn up this week and some short term gains can be made
The big picture? who knows, when gloom is around is time to buy. Hard to pick bottoms
there's a joke there I know

Winston Churchill

hershy

Post Number: 3065

Rating: 
Votes: 4

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 12:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,
Ignore him and he loses.
Keep discussing him and he is a winner.
He thrives on the attention you lavish on him.
You cannot change him, you will not change him.
All you can change is your attitude towards him.
He is not worth the angst he brings out in you.
Your aggressive reaction is causing readers to take sides.
You are the catalyst to polarisation.

Let him be and do what you do best.
Written with total sincerity
Peter

The wise man, even when he holds his tongue, says more than the fool when he speaks

captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 4298

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 - 01:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5 Stars from me, Hershy!

I have no need than "The Obligatory Defence" to be here in the Back Pages or any other thread which I find that I am Denigrated

Salute and Bon Voyage

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

breaker_1

Post Number: 73

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 07:08 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,
Bought BTV @.15 wouldn,t want to go much lower to be stopped out.14 I reckon
NHC @4.53 [I know I procrastinated] stop 4.10
AOE@3.69 stop 3.39
Are these stops to tight?
I always buy after 3pm dunno if this is right, seems everything has settled down by then.
Market depth concept is interesting

Winston Churchill

breaker_1

Post Number: 75

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 08:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NHC,HIL hope to be long term riding the "trend' super fund

wouldn't the stops protect capital and tell me I,m wrong

Still remember last week

especially as I think bought low , only bought 10-5 k and will pyramid up if Im correct

BTV,ORG,STO,WOR are trades ,swing trading if you like , stops 2 lows back

Also picked up 1204 BHP@41.38 wasnt quick enough yesterday to buy at -39 another lesson learnt.
the bid was 41.50 ish ,cant remember, but was surprized when they came in,I thought my bid was to low happened in a matter of seconds
does $ mean something

Still do the odd gig, main business is miko and 2000 acres of brahman cows , cant stay awake long enough for gigs ,you know groupies ect no garrett ambitions to greenie for me
have won awards for song writing but found covers, pay the bills, unless I want to play in Gods waiting rooms
One of my hits was "fresh air dont pay the bills"
Like you my younger days were in the "entertainment industry" bounced a lot off years in Rocky
Must admit I,m one off those guitar heroes ,luv a 10 minute solo
Should have a drink one day
Can send you Stans book if you like

Winston Churchill

hershy

Post Number: 3085

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 06:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As Dug is no longer able to post in this thread I thought I should take the opportunity of posting on a topic that Dug often mentioned - with disdain.
Rightly so - as shown in the article at this web address :

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/ASX-sharemarket-trader-invest ing-equities-pd20100208-2G9VE?OpenDocument&src=kgb

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 714

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 02:25 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, Dug would have loved to get his teeth into this article; very good, Hershy...the mind boggles! What happened to simple trading, buy and sell in one lot?

Dolphin

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 1

Rating: 
Votes: 4

Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 04:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have ditched my back history/avatar of Dug and am now jaded.
Anyone got a problem with that?

Recent activity,by me,in the sharemarket [specifically PEK] 'alerts' me to the withdrawal of speculative money currently occuring.
PEK announced Results for Rare Earths and Fertilizer yet it didn't go anywhere in fact went down.
Now,the market hasn't become that sophisticated that suddenly all the day traders have become mining experts and no longer do the Pavlov's Dog on a Headline,surely?

No,I see on that day/week that the Signal Flashed of there is a change of method required by me.
Penny Shares,those under $2 are going to have to be selected on what they DO not just 'gunner do' like make a 'discovery'.
be mere explorers.

Anyway I sold my PEK yesterday[small loss]and my BTV[small but bigger profit]and my ROL [marginal]
I hold now only my DYE,TRF and IFE but will be looking for opportunities with my cashed up status.[about $20 grand]

I cannot screen watch all day every day.I'm not in the best of health,psyically or even pschologically.I do have a greatly improved computer on the past though.

Anyhow,I just want to post on shares that interest me or that I hold.
I see Colin is 'revealing' the Momentum Method in his newsletter and I'll be really fascinated to see what he comes up with.
I use Momentum criteria for Share Selection on a very discretionary basis [as opposed to mechanical].

I don't and certainly never want to Trade shares on a 'make a living' basis ie hop about the place because some indicator/set of indicators 'tells' me to.

So currently,I'm reading Daily Bread on this possible China/USA Trade War over Currency angle.Such a 'struggle' will really take money out of the Market.
Will it happen?the trade war,that is.There's No Doubt that IF it does?well,you won't want to be fully invested.

Great conditions to test out Colin's hypothesis that Momentum sees one thru Bull and Bear,hey?

Unless they mean Momentum Shorting,right?

Happy Trading.

baysider

Post Number: 366

Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 06:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome back Jaded, delighted you're back - enough said.

I've been following the fortunes of our old favourites the famous 3 TRF, IFE and ROL from the sidelines. IFE obviously having done by far the best, tempting on me on several occasions. TRF is looking dangerously low at present I'd say whilst ROL is back as a 'buy'.

GDD's TAZ thread is also well worth following as it's throwing up many momentum trades that I'm also following such as HTX (I'm in) SSN (in) WPG currently out though had a good ride to 80c - now waiting for retrace back to around 70c to close the gap?

Cheers

breaker_1

Post Number: 112

Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 06:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome back

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

eblode
Username: eblode

Post Number: 1305

Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 06:25 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baysider,
Since you like to punt on the small cap side of life take a peek at DVN. which I picked up today.
Cheers,

Eugenio

baysider

Post Number: 367

Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 07:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Eugenio
Time for a coffee next week? We can consult on our latest and greatest, coffees on me, last of the great spenders!

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 78

Friday, March 19, 2010 - 05:35 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Dinsdale,
A sincere welcome back !
You will be pleased that with generous help from the forum I am slowly progressing from Dill to Diligent
Cheers Owl

sway
Username: sway

Post Number: 574

Friday, March 19, 2010 - 06:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice one whiteowl. I got it. I wonder how many did?

f

Cheers
Sway

This is not a recommendation or advice. As they say .... DYOR.

hershy

Post Number: 3144

Friday, March 19, 2010 - 09:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Count me out,
Get what ?

'You, you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me.'

sway

Post Number: 575

Friday, March 19, 2010 - 10:43 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry for keeping you hanging hershy. Have to wait for whiteowl's reply.

Cheers
Sway

breaker_1

Post Number: 119

Friday, March 19, 2010 - 10:43 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded,

Am still in NHC bought at 4.53 am thinking 5.20 would be enough

What thinks you?

nhc

Not good to hear your health aint real flash , maybe Hector or all those covers , lead breaks you were listening to or maybe just old age do try to sneak a Bundy in occasionally

P.S am tryin to wright more than two liners

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

sway

Post Number: 576

Friday, March 19, 2010 - 10:47 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah stuff it hershy, this is too good to wait any longer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZkWL-XvO0U

Cheers
Sway

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 79

Friday, March 19, 2010 - 11:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sway
Yes indeed (I just got home from a night out)
"Read all about it. Piranha brothers escape"
"A grudge! Old Dinsy? He was a real darling"
Cheers (especially Dug)
Owl

hershy

Post Number: 3146

Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 04:54 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sway,
I had forgotten all about old Dinsy,
What a classic !
Thanks you heaps for posting the link to Monty.

Cheers.

jaded

Post Number: 10

Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 01:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaker-New Hope is running on the Arrow Takeover.Price for this TakeOver is in no way settled.High Liklihood of it being Increased.New Hope owns about 18% of Arrow bought for under a $1[i think]Anyway Do NOT SELL NHC [imho]even when the Arrow Deal is 'settled'.Why?because highly likely NHC will do another Special Dividend and it's price will kick up waaaay further.
If you Must,Like ya scared of losing profits put a Stop of at MOST $5 in.Takeovers can get 'nasty' like Shell might come out with We ain't paying No More,or some rumour/ misinformation may circulate temporarily depressing AOE price and thus NHC's etc etc
blessed hell,breaker Hold New HOPE!!!

cheers to you,too whiteowl.you won't get away with 'touting' d'Oppositions Scanwear now!!

breaker_1

Post Number: 122

Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 02:17 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jaded,

Is in super, might get more on any weakness

Alexander Graham Bell

jaded

Post Number: 11

Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 02:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes,made a mistake with that $5 loss figure.Really it should be back at the Gap 470ish[?].
I realise that's a wipeout of your current profits but it is a price that 'indicates' the AOE deal has really gone sour etc blah do you follow?
especially that you hold this in your Super Fund it should be 'safe' and capital appreciating for at least say the next 6 months?ie HOLD and yes buy more.It's a good GO despite what hershy comes up with 'waving' a red flag at ya!!

I could rave on some more but have somethings to do.
cheers.

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 60

Monday, March 22, 2010 - 02:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Jaded, didyou transfer the "handle" from d'BBQ when the mods slapped you?.Looks like the old crew will hafta do!.Long time no chat.Hope your well.Rgds Az.

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

jaded

Post Number: 20

Monday, March 22, 2010 - 02:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no az,i opened back here a few days before getting tou'd at the barbque.I got a whole 'research' project simmering based on the New Ramping Style.Colin in his education section has a good expose of the Old Style methods to bring 'em in and take 'em out
[there's this wierd programmed 'censor' on IC that prevents one writing the title.both words have ump in them and they start with p and d]

Anyway,the Barbque boils with these new techniques.No wonder I'm temporarily suspended for 21 days for "Flaming the Moderator"!!!
yeah,jaded i be.

anyhow,az your that Iron Ore Worker,right?still at it?See three juniors up in the Pialbra got Court Approved access to the Big Boy Rail Line recently.I'm 'researching' a number of Iron Ore Stocks at the moment.See Long Term Thread.

Hope you can start posting again regular,az.

cheers.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 484

Monday, March 22, 2010 - 02:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug/jaded,

I thought that we had fixed the program censor. Is it still blocking random words like pump and dump?

(Message edited by colin_twiggs on March 22, 2010)

jaded

Post Number: 21

Monday, March 22, 2010 - 03:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

was a few weeks ago,Colin.just the other day I had[what's that?a 10%er?] rejected in the AZZ thread.
I didn't use pump and dump above to try it so just have...and it's gone thru
regards.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 485

Monday, March 22, 2010 - 04:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded,

Let me know if you encounter any more. Thanks

hershy

Post Number: 3155

Monday, March 22, 2010 - 08:21 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Colin,
I had trouble with re-assert this morning.
Because it was early morning, I had forgotten that previously used to p ump and d ump to mu heart's content.
hehe...

jaded

Post Number: 41

Friday, March 26, 2010 - 08:49 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin- just had another Censor programme
it was on "Sellers [striking]" but I used Hitting as in hitting the Depth.It was in the GRR thread.

is this pacifist programming?

jaded

Post Number: 46

Friday, March 26, 2010 - 11:18 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

'hit'
just happened again[the censor] with the above word +for in EWC thread.
What no cricket/music connotation allowed?
trading is an 'agressive' activity,one does get hit and hits happen.Will I use 'touch ya up' as an alternative?
cheers

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 505

Friday, March 26, 2010 - 11:26 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded

Do you mean "hit for" as in hit for a six?

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 507

Friday, March 26, 2010 - 11:57 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded

"hitfor" is merely highlighted as a spelling error -- not censored

jaded

Post Number: 48

Friday, March 26, 2010 - 12:06 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In EWC Thread first line I had to substitute touched for hit.Trust me,Colin I know the spelling error checker reaaaaaly well.This was Censor-Words not to be used ie Hit.
regards.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 511

Friday, March 26, 2010 - 01:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded.
Hit works fine. It appears to be a bug in the forum software -- if the previous sentence ended with an "s".

jaded

Post Number: 51

Friday, March 26, 2010 - 03:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin it's not just a glitch in a sentence preceeding Hit ending with a s.
It's a WORD ending with s/space/hit in a sentence.
as in "was hi[x]"ie hit.
obviously the censor follows that theory about the eye/mind assembles mis spelling to a cognitive function recognition ie censors what looks like swear word.
does the Reject.

I completely agree with taking out four letter words.I don't think it's Wowser or whatever.I think posters who can only express their thoughts in such language are Victims of the Poor 70/80"s/Now Education System re vocabulary whatever!!

but it is a glitch that could be off putting to new posters,getting this 'weird' censor of completely innocent word construction.
Really is 4 letters for fecal matter all that Terrible?
Worth the System Retention?

philr
Username: philr

Post Number: 501

Rating: 
Votes: 2

Friday, March 26, 2010 - 04:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded

Looks like Colin will have to install the 'dug' language into the forum. That will probably require an serious upgrade. :-)

Phil

** Let blockheads read what blockheads wrote.
Warren Buffett

jaded

Post Number: 53

Rating: 
Votes: 2

Friday, March 26, 2010 - 06:14 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah yuk yuk philr.
but it is a programme around here inbuilt that may and probably does intimidate the weak.

you probably haven't come across it because your posts rarely exceed 100 words.

i got dribble enough coming from "golden boy",phil.give us a break,hey?two front operations can get real messy.

cheers.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 514

Saturday, March 27, 2010 - 11:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded,

I mentioned elsewhere that we are investigating a move to PHP-based forum software, but this is a huge task and will take some time.

jaded

Post Number: 204

Rating: 

Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 06:47 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well,it's all closing down,hey?
One can't go long in this Market and one certainly can't post on this site,one's maybees.Even Paper Trades.
What have we got?some academic telling us his 'studies' prove that Momentum Trading exists!!!

I hope you all realise,that to an Academic,the existence proof positive that Momentum Trading exists is a BIG DEAL.

See Pilgrims some other Academics got d'Nobel Prize for "Efficient Market" Theory and Momentum blows the Nobel Prize outta d'Water[As well as sets up Consultancy Fees to minor Institions to increase their Capital Base that earns them more Fees etc etc blah blah blah!!]

Now I'm down here in the Joke Section under a Thread Called Dug's Bog and...well,,what can I do more to get the Self Esteem at all times maintained crowd off me blessed NECK??!@!!

I'm Mad and I don't have to Take It ANYMORE!

does that give me an Aspect to my Rantings?Can someone who has to seek me out,Go thru the Labrinth to get to Dug's Bog really have d'Right to bleeding heart over what I write?
Look beyond a BLOG this is BOG Material.Read it ONLY if ya not easily Offended...or something like that.

Anyway,we here on this site and generally in the Share Market pay too much attention to the US Stock Market and the Theories generated outta d'Yanks.
Why?

Well the Average Yank Theory is based on Market Cap Companies that we are flat out [like a lizard drinking]having maybe 3/5 Comparable Market Capitalised IN.

I've had more than 40 years 'involvement' in the Australian Share Market.NOT Trading merely I've held Aust Shares for 40 years[No not the same ones.different ones for 40 years]

Anyway the BIG Changes I have seen/noted are..well..numerous but the BIG OnEs are-

The Shift To Materials Shares--->dropping Dividends to Growth/Short/Medium Term Growth/Capital Gain instead of say a 7% Dividend Rate ++ which like the Banks and Capital Equip Sharesa used to/still pay.

You have to realise that prior to say 1995 TA was mystical Mumbo Jumbo.I use to have a cut out article on that Nicholson Cove in the mid 90's and his 'take' on Technical Analysis.It was in d'Fin Review and...well...they were taking the Mickey outta him.

Anyhow you're staring at the Screen right now on the Most Significant Change to us Pilgrims.All the old days/'Experienced' Knowledge has been made pretty well redundant by the Average Person having Instant Info all day every day of What the Blessed Hades is Happening!

Current Days it's Horrifying!

Just remember Pity Help those who seek to be Respectable.
Like who hand their money over to "Professionals"
What?Now they pay the same Fees for their money to be in d'Bank?
Like that's what the Go Getter Funds are Advocating-Give us ya Money and we'll put it in d'Bank cos we're Professional and Cautious.

Tell me that's not what Porter Capital is angling,for example?

Oh yeah they hold out this carrot[for Donkeys] that THEY have a Proprietal "Method" to get ya Money Back into the Momentum Market.Like when Momentum comes back,that is.

Look newbies STAY AWAY from the ShareMarket.
All you 'clowns' who have 'chosen' to BE Full Time Share Traders so you can Eat/Pay d'Rent?Pity Help ya!

and all you 'fancy pants' who have oodles of do$h from ya Share Market dabblings like using AI for ya back tested systems?
Realise you are encouraging Neophytes,Don't feed their Delusions,ya don't rack up points,you shouldn't feel 'proud' of yaself showing off to....well..let's call em d'Innocent or Fresh Meat!!

later like cheerio silly sausage.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

breaker_1

Post Number: 191

Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 06:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so Jaded are you saying get out and buy more cows or pick up me guitar again and yodel to the big corp do,s

Alexander Graham Bell

hershy

Post Number: 3198

Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 08:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Jaded,
Been back from my cruise for around 4 weeks but have stayed out of the market.
Have not been posting 'coz I had nothing positive to post about. All doom and gloom through my dark coloured glasses.

I guess super funds will be taking another bath and here I am thinking about retirement.
And another wedding to pay for in 4 weeks !

Actually I've just worked out the I will be able to retire about two years after I've died.

Happy days !

"Getting angry is like taking a small dose of slow-acting poison,"

jaded

Post Number: 205

Rating: 

Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 08:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

breaker 1-
that's kinda what i am saying.
Being a source of Food to the Body and Soul will get ya thru but one has to be able to handle the Droobs,The Establishment thinking that like ...well.... does one star * voting .
Breaker you in particular are pretty aware of d'Fancy Pants and how they TRY to bring d'Horses Mouth into disrepute by "voting' anothers opinion as .... well comin from d'other end [from d'mouth like]

I can only take ....justification?...from that d'same patooots vote one star in Daily Bread 'views' so liddle ol' humble me 'attracting' the same nonsense?well it sweels me with PRIDE,like boosts me Self Esteem like.

To get one star ratings from Bleeding Peasants?
ahhhh obviously they ain't ever been able to walk d'Street Head Held High.NO FEAR.

Now,I know Colin has 'ticked me off' for always harking back to me Valley Days.

but I seen/saw how the Real World didn't have a Blessed Clue what was Really Real.It took them [THEY] what 8 years to even get a Clue and even then THEY weren't Privy/Revealed of How it actually was ie d'Fitzgerald Inquiry was Rigged!!

Now,I could sell what I know to Underbelly Producers.If I really had a Death Wish.

but instead I try to 'advise' d'wannabeees merely on the Paths to Mammon so...well...i just gotta say to you One Star Voters...geeez ya PONCES!!

There's one star on the VietGong Flag AND isn't there an Elvis Song about following a Star?

breaker 1-If ya pick up ya stratocaster again?Do selected Cover Songs.Don't waste your time on Original Material.d'Punters just don't care!

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

dennis_menace
Username: dennis_menace

Post Number: 1194

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 11:01 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy said "Actually I've just worked out the I will be able to retire about two years after I've died".

Remember you will still have to pay your death taxes!!

I'm glad to see you are still with us (presently!!). You can see the market is on a downer because hardly anyone has contributed (posted) anything in either of the short or long term forums in recent times. But as we know, the tide will turn around and everything will be hunky dory again until the next CRISIS.

jaded

Post Number: 213

Sunday, June 13, 2010 - 09:34 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ho hum,Star Choker When will ya give it up?
So,Hershy,if one can't be positive?Don't bother....

What can I add?

Materials.
Shares that are to DO with the Materials "Classification"
are a World/Side of their own.

Now you can just buy BHP and have 'it' all covered
OR one can try to get a Handle on "Them/They"also running

if only for Fun and/or Profit.

Lesson #1-Oils ain't oils.
ie Grades are the Numero Uno when it comes to 'stuff' ie coal,nickel,iron...whatever...What Grade 'Stuff" are 'we' talkin' bout?

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

jaded

Post Number: 216

Wednesday, June 16, 2010 - 06:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Materials,Small Cap Companies are on d'Comeback!!

Hell/a/lulu.

Now I follow Grange[GRR],Batavia[BTV],Ironclad[IFE] and Cockatoo [COK] with New Hope on the Side with DYEsol a "Portfolio" Cornerstone.That's it.Over 50% of my Portfolio [$70gs] is in the Bank at the moment.

not much good there but better than having it all in d'Market for the last say 6 weeks?

Anyhow,here's d'word-the RSPT is not all that damaging to small cap miners OTHER than making financing 'difficult'.

Now my list above {GRR,BTV,IFE,COK [NHC] Dyesol}.
These are just have started and gunner Producers.
Not explorers but ARE Producing Now or Imminently.

Anyhow firstly I wished to highlight part of a rederob post in Daily Bread.
...invest in No/low Debt,Low Cost,unhedged producers.

I would add -
limited shares on issue/free float,hot commodity,Market Cap $250mil>[under].

Such Companies are my interest.
but rederob would not quite likely Hold ANY of my choices.

rederob/ready2rob/r2r is an anathema to moi..d'jr.

r2r advocates making the most outlandishly low bid on any share that peaks d'interest.Where as I advocate Just Buy It!!
Identify a GOer and just Buy It.

To return to the r2r points[Min Debt/Costs/Unhedged Producer]

Debt is Minimized by raising Capital Direct from ShareHolders either by Judicious Share Issue to All Holders,By very 'controlled' Placement to Sophistos and Institutions.

Costs are Minimized by dealing in Top Grade.Beware of Marginal Grade going thru some "enhancing" Process.For example I'd be very wary of the GRADE of Ore that is coming out of Mid Western Australia.GBG etc.
The Pialbra[BHP/RIO/FMG] has very high grade,just scrape it up Ore.
Supposedly so does GRR and IFE.

I can't hold every Iron Ore Producer so I try to discriminate on the basis of Quality.

d'Main Point of Difference with Ready2Rob that I have is on his "Obsession" with UnHedged.
It's UnHinged!!

but later.it is SOON
[state of origin night]

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 86

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 02:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I believe GRR is a "magnetite producer". Magnetite needs to be "enriched/pelletised?" doesn't it?. The midwest of WA has Hematite overlaying Magnetite.Same as GRR, only where I am at the moment, we are DSO. Direct Shipping at 70%. Most of the Pilbara have only 55%. Granted they have a lot of tonnes compared to the Midwest in DSO, though the grade is similar up there to GRR's enriched MAGNETITE. GBG has some 40? yrs of Magnetite after their initial strip. Sorry Dug, I only just noticed this post?. Rgds Az.

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

jaded

Post Number: 269

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 06:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's Right,az GRR is Magnetite NOT Hematite and is Pelleted to Raise it's Iron Content.
Thing is,Az GRR is a Producer not a gunner be Possibility but Doing It NOW.

It also has Contracts to Supply 'Gear'.It's not on the Spot Market but has Locked in Contracts to Meet.

Now,we had a Mining/Materials expert here awhile back-rederob and he thought that Companies who were NOT on the Spot Market were Duds[sorta]
Now what I got taught at me Daddy's Knee was that Material Companies set up 'Forward Sales' so as to be able to get Finance for Mine Development.This was the 'System' back in the 60's-80's 1990's even.
It was only when the Commodities Boom of the Naughties Happened that this method came to be discredited.

Anyhow,GRR is Great for a Short Term,Modest Outlay Go for 50%.I say this using Chart Chat Blah blah etc.

But to go back to THX Thunderra.I dabbled in this some years ago when it was chasing Nickel.I got out of it when it went Uranium.Now it's IN Copper'n'Gold.[Of course you know,az that most Copper Finds include a Gold Element usually]

Anyway,azworkinit THX seems to 'work' a changeover of Discoveries in the Latest THANG.Some Mineral is Hot and THX proceeds to Find It!![Haven't they got a Rare Earth 'sideline',too?]
Anyway,az this stop'n'shift is not a 'good look'.It's certainly a flashing light on putting ALL ya Money and then Someone Else's Into

but I don't wanna come d'Avuncular[ie old goat advice].I'm certainly not gunner worry about your Investment but just to give ya d'Word.

It'll be at least SIX Weeks even MONTHS before these latest results are Confirmed by a proper lab.
Six DAYS will take the wind out of the BarBque Set,az.Like most of them are on the T3 $7000 borrow from Commsec.

Az,when THX come off Trading Halt,did you watch the Depth?
I did and what I saw was a LOOOOOOT of 10,000 odd number Buys/Bids.Thru the day the only 100,000 orders were to ASK/Sell.

Az I didn't watch it all day every minute but that was my impression confirmed the half dozen times I 'flashed' on the Action.BIG Sellers feeding small buyers.Piranhas put into a flurry by Warm Pig!!

Az,I know you won't sell now.You'll probably contemplate selling a 'few' if it gets back to 90cents but az THX is shaped as an Island Cluster[look it up],it's T3 dynamic will bring additional Sellers probably greater than Fresh Meat Buyers by Friday.

See if I'm right and If So try and Remember for Next Time,hey?
You've just experienced a Blow OFF Top [imho]
and they can be a real stinker on d'Pilgrim2Mammon.

cheers.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Political Evolutioncolin_twiggs01-Jun-11  06:08 am
Canadian ethnic trading strategy causes unrestehmu18-Jan-11  01:21 pm
REE-Rare Earth Elementsgdd329 06-Jan-11  10:36 am
A Jaded Methodjaded30 03-Jan-11  10:11 am
Merry Christmasrastus8125-Dec-10  10:49 am
Always be good to your mother.andy_ic45 02-Dec-10  04:45 pm
Getting drunkgdd317-Aug-10  12:16 am
Fighting back i Graysonline auctionshershy11-Jul-10  09:11 pm
Shiraz...a wine for all seasons?gdd301-Jul-10  01:58 pm
Meet the Family - some Snapshotsingot5409-Jun-10  01:46 pm
CBA - A Sure Fire Way To Get New Customers!!dennis_menace09-Jun-10  10:46 am
Dear Godhailoh07-Mar-10  04:05 pm
Response to Speeding Tickethershy15 31-Jan-10  09:54 pm
You know how it is going to end but you want to watch thishershy13-Jan-10  06:54 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 00 01 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»