You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Shiraz...a wine for all seasons?

Chart Forum » The Back Page » Shiraz...a wine for all seasons?

««  Previous  Next  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 734

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 01:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Since I was getting a little 'bored'(no not really)with the only other two active threads currently running...Our Daily Bread and Short ASX Stocks...and since Breaker1 lightly suggested it, I thought I would start this new thread on SHIRAZ...a wine for all seasons?

Well, first off I don't agree with this statement although it is the RED that I prefer....on a coldish, rainy winter's night in front of a fire with my wife eating her favourite Malaysian/Asia peanuts. Sounds like a simple pleasure to some but maybe you should try it(the wife's not included, ok!). If you're looking for more specifics, may I suggest Leeiwin Estates 2008 Art Series Shiraz for starters!

However, this time of the year I prefer the occasional, and more 'commoner'ly acceptable, Merlot but definitely not too much after tennising'...prefer a light beer then...but this is going Off-Topic, right!

So for me a Shiraz in Winter is mint, Merlot(or Pinot) for the 'break' in between.

I extend my invitation to any of you active 8 I.C.ers. or the 200,000 so called other members/users, to post what they like about any RED wine(and to not be seen as 'sexist' any white ones as well!

So the first 'drink' has been on me but I'm counting on after a 'few' more 'drinks' this party will liven up especially after Friday's close!

Cheers(hic!)
Dolphin

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 90

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 01:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Although being diagnosed with fatty liver after years off bathing in whatever I could get hold off I found "Coolibah" Lambrusco to be quite palatable after, well, whatever.

This then brought on my search for further enjoyment whilst fully clothed

Now days Yellowtail is a favorite, we tend to keep it in the fridge, for a bit up here in QLD, as its 48c [degrees not cents per bottle] as we speak.

With spicy fruit aromas blended with oak, a soft and rich palate with ripe berries,giving some sweetness and oak and tannin adding to the structure and weight

Have also imbibed lately ,dare I say it "Oyster Bay" Sav Blanc, a white Kiwi tipple of not unpalatable proportions.

But alas, with the above diagnosed affliction I can only indulge moderately and defining that is as hard as defining if we're in a Bull or Bear market

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 3104

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 08:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok guys, NOW your're talking.
Red wine ? I LOVE it.
When I first started drinking wine it had to be Sauturnes or Lexias. Anything else to me was vinegar. now, 50 years later I will drink mostly reds but whites also have quite a respected place in my drinking catalogue.
I may address whites another time but let me speak of reds for now.

Tannins. The type of tannin that makes one think something has stuck to one's gums. Love it. The stuff that makes you pucker up like a lime does. This is what makes the Gordon river reflective like a mirror. Yummy.
I am not a pretentious drinker. There is so much good inexpensive wine around now that buying expensive wines is so unnecessary. Is there a Wine lovers warehouse around you ? Go buy a bottle of Moo Town shiraz and tell me if that is not great drinking.
But now my favourite drop is not a heavy Claret, it is a very mellow wine made from tempranillo, a Spanish grape that is just starting to be used by the Aussie winemakers. Go to Vintage Cellars and see if you can find a bottle of Jacob's Creek tempranillo and post your tasting notes.

And now something for the young ones. In the mid to late 60 we started exporting some of our wine treasures to the UK. Our wine export drive was launched on the back of a red wine that could dissolve a metal spoon. It's inglorious name was:

Kangarouge.

I kid you not !

Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often.
The wise man, even when he holds his tongue, says more than the fool when he speaks

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 101

Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 08:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gday fellas,

Just had a nice Wirra Wirra Catapult Shiraz Viognier
Now on Cambewarra Estate Chambourcin

And hassbh njjns kjnwd ksjd zzzzzzzzzzzzz!

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 899

Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 01:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fellow Red(and other) wine lovers...need I say anymore!

application/msword
departmentofhealthaustralia.doc (30.7 k)

At my age, better to go 'blind' drinking wine than by 'having too much "personal" sex'! A matter of opinion I guess...ha! ha!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Political Evolutioncolin_twiggs01-Jun-11  06:08 am
Canadian ethnic trading strategy causes unrestehmu18-Jan-11  01:21 pm
REE-Rare Earth Elementsgdd329 06-Jan-11  10:36 am
A Jaded Methodjaded30 03-Jan-11  10:11 am
Merry Christmasrastus8125-Dec-10  10:49 am
Always be good to your mother.andy_ic45 02-Dec-10  04:45 pm
Getting drunkgdd317-Aug-10  12:16 am
A dug bogjaded73 03-Aug-10  06:02 pm
Fighting back i Graysonline auctionshershy11-Jul-10  09:11 pm
Meet the Family - some Snapshotsingot5409-Jun-10  01:46 pm
CBA - A Sure Fire Way To Get New Customers!!dennis_menace09-Jun-10  10:46 am
Dear Godhailoh07-Mar-10  04:05 pm
Response to Speeding Tickethershy15 31-Jan-10  09:54 pm
You know how it is going to end but you want to watch thishershy13-Jan-10  06:54 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 00 01 02 03 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»