Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 3201

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 11:14 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bought a new HP Elite desktop from Graysonline Auctions.
I did not take a screenshot of the sale notes but it was the same as the screen shot of the post sale screen as below without the SOLD flag:

Pleas note the "Part of sale" blurb

An e-mail was sent to me to advise that I had won the auction. The link to the Graysonline website showed the following screen:

A day later another e-mail was sent to me with an Aus Post tracking number which was one digit to short so i was not able to check on the shipment. When the shipment was received I only received the Desktop, not the monitor. Upon enquiring with Grays' as to when the monitor was coming I was told that no, i was not bidding on a PC and screen, only on a PC. Apparently that part of the screen that said:

was not indicating what I was bidding for but that the item I was bidding for was part of a sale of PCs and screens. I complained that even if that was not the intention it was extremely misleading and any reasonable person would come to the same conclusion that i have arrive at and this that I was bidding for both.
No, I was told I was wrong and that I had only bid for a PC and I was not going to get a screen.

Since then other auctions of similar items had come and gone and even though various items were sold in the one "sale" these are no longer mentioned in the pre sale screens. Below is the screen shot that describes the item on sale:

Here is a screen shot of a PC on sale:

and another:

isn't it amazing ?
no mention of the other items on sale.

And yet Grays' refuse to admit that they have engaged in misleading advertising and will not provide me with a monitor.

Of course I am not taking this lying down and have promised them a fight which I am now staring to engage in.

IC Forum first, then Whirlpool next week. Every other share trading forum too will have this post, one per week. I have lodged a complaint with the NSW Fair trading Office and am sending an email of this post to all newspapers and Current Affair programs.

So will you guys be buying anything from Grays ?

"Getting angry is like taking a small dose of slow-acting poison,"
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

rastus81
Username: rastus81

Post Number: 31

Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 11:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Hershy,

Im tied up in a lucrative business deal with some good Samaritans in Nigeria.
Apparently I am eligible for a significant payment!

I will head over to grays as soon as the deal is finalised.

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 207

Friday, July 02, 2010 - 07:41 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What I like is buyers premium 15%

Thats extra

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

cjb
Username: cjb

Post Number: 119

Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 06:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have had some experience in the auction game and whatever is written on the item description is what is for sale. More so the case for online auctions. Site auctions can vary to include other items but an auctioneer has to say if something is removed. Their item description says they are auctioning a computer and monitor as a package. That is what you bid for. If they want to vary the description now then you have the right for a refund. They do not have to supply the monitor (they will claim oversight since all other adds are now correct) and chasing it from them will be more trouble than it is worth. I would put it to them that they have made a mistake and you would like a refund. 15% buyers premium is a scam.

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 3202

Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 09:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Cib
Nope, that won't do it.
I've been working for hours loading software on data on the new PC. I am nto about to return it, nor could I as it is no longer new.
I've heard from the NSW office of Fair Trading and they have agreed with me - but they are just a toothless paper tiger. A letter was sent to Grays' advising them that they have seven days to respond. Respond they did, saying no, they no not intend to supply the monitor. So now I am lodging a complaint with the NSW ombudsman at a cost of $30 and will have my lawyer daughter represent me. I have also posted my story on another share trading forum and sent a copy, as I did with this post to Grays. I wrote to Grays, advising them that being the son of partisans and resistance fighters (I am ) I get a kick out fighting for what is rightfully mine. I made it very clear that I am trying not to defame them I am just posting my story and the screen shots as well as Grays' response.
This week I am posting my tale on Whirlpool and emailing The Herald Sun. The Age already said they would look into the story.
And a copy of this post is being sent to them also.
Sooner or later,I expect Grays to realise not all publicity is good publicity.

Thank you for your comments.
Cheers.
Hershy

"Getting angry is like taking a small dose of slow-acting poison,"
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Political Evolutioncolin_twiggs01-Jun-11  06:08 am
Canadian ethnic trading strategy causes unrestehmu18-Jan-11  01:21 pm
REE-Rare Earth Elementsgdd329 06-Jan-11  10:36 am
A Jaded Methodjaded30 03-Jan-11  10:11 am
Merry Christmasrastus8125-Dec-10  10:49 am
Always be good to your mother.andy_ic45 02-Dec-10  04:45 pm
Getting drunkgdd317-Aug-10  12:16 am
A dug bogjaded73 03-Aug-10  06:02 pm
Shiraz...a wine for all seasons?gdd301-Jul-10  01:58 pm
Meet the Family - some Snapshotsingot5409-Jun-10  01:46 pm
CBA - A Sure Fire Way To Get New Customers!!dennis_menace09-Jun-10  10:46 am
Dear Godhailoh07-Mar-10  04:05 pm
Response to Speeding Tickethershy15 31-Jan-10  09:54 pm
You know how it is going to end but you want to watch thishershy13-Jan-10  06:54 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 00 01 02 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»