Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
ehmu
Username: ehmu

Post Number: 458

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 01:30 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rule number 1

Politicians in a democracy offer to deliver what the majority of voters want.

Rule number 2

The majority of voters want greater entitlement for less production, this they consider progress.

Rule number 3

The most obvious law of nature is that all exCESS becomes CESSation. This conversion of excess becomes the fuel for the next rising creation. This rule also applies to money.

When democracy finally dies, history will see it as having been an almost instant transition, the decay may take a while longer.

_____ n a m a s t e

These musings are not a recommendation to buy or sell stocks.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1125

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 06:48 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ehmu wrote on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 01:30 am:

Rule number 3

The most obvious law of nature is that all exCESS becomes CESSation. This conversion of excess becomes the fuel for the next rising creation.

Ehmu, Please can you expand on the above. Thanks, Colin

ehmu

Post Number: 459

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 09:33 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, it seems very simple to me.

My understanding of the language part of what I said---excess by definition is--The state of exceeding that which is sufficient. Two examples would be 1)harvesting more grain than is required for a short period of consumption 2) harvesting more money than is required for the current needs or is excessive for the core value of the current trade.

Cessation to me is the standing still, the standstill of excess. Wherever there is a standstill, my understanding is that nature converts it, consumes it, transfers it, moves it etc. ie grain stores degrade and soon become useless as feed for anything higher than bacteria. Excess Money becomes irrelevant to commerce. The dinosaurs became Oil. Even the excess radiation found in uranium will degrade and disperse with time.

I don't want to sound nutso, but it occurs to me that at one time or another the world used much more practical currency. Perfume, or essential oils for example. In isolation this concept may sound far fetched, however, I sense that Fiat Currency as we have known it is on the edge of extinction, degradation of paper money is well along in its trend.

_____ n a m a s t e

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1126

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 11:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Ehmu,

That seems similar to the concept that all self-reinforcing trends must end: they eventually use up all available fuel. Examples are
  • bushfires, plagues and locust swarms in nature;
  • ponzi schemes and blow-off trends in the market place

Regards, Colin

ehmu

Post Number: 461

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 10:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

colin_twiggs wrote on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 11:29 am:

self-reinforcing trends must end

Hi Colin:

I also thought about Bernie Madoff. We all hope to put our savings in some thing that has substance.

I feel a little badly that I ventured so far in to the ether on this, I'm thinking that the same ideas apply to the undulations of the markets, where price ventures above or below trends, and then adjusts back toward equilibrium (agreement) between buyers and sellers.

best regards
H

_____ n a m a s t e

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 1127

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 06:08 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ehmu wrote on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 10:53 pm:

I'm thinking that the same ideas apply to the undulations of the markets, where price ventures above or below trends, and then adjusts back toward equilibrium

..... similar to a blow-off, where price spikes up before reverting to the mean.

Regards, Colin

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»