You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

IC Annual stockpicker's competition 2010

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: long term & fundamental » IC Annual stockpicker's competition 2010

««  Previous  Next  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through January 11, 2010peterloh50 11-Jan-10  01:36 pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 4233

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, January 11, 2010 - 04:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahoy 2nd Officer Peterloh

If you are looking for another entrant can a suggest entering my little ship "The xyz" in the Weekly Competition (it is all computerised)

She is also scheduled to Complete the 2010 year long voyage on the 31 Dec

Some of us prefer to Work the sails vigorously and others prefer to do it a somewhat secret Long term strategy

As they say
"What ever works for you" etc etc

I wait patiently for your response

Salute and Gods' speed

PS Crikey!
Even Hershy might like to pitch his Short term cruise strategies against his own Long term Cruise Strategy?

PPS Does it really matter when People start as long as the Finish line such as the End of the Financial year or the Calender year is clearly defined?

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

archer
Username: archer

Post Number: 2143

Monday, January 11, 2010 - 04:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its ONE stock for ONE year skip
Dont get much simpler than that
If ya need any more clarification just keep
reading that top line till it sinks in

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 475

Monday, January 11, 2010 - 05:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter and Baggus - great to have a short!!

Peter, no problem with an extension.

Everyone is most welcome to join in - this comp is just for fun :-) It's interesting to try to look at a LT perspective when many of us think in days and weeks (and even hours for some) for our trades.

All you need to do is post your stock code, L or S, and a chart. Entry price will be as on the close of the day you pick your stock.

Elisabeth

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4234

Monday, January 11, 2010 - 06:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was only Joking Archer LOL!

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 3536

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Monday, January 11, 2010 - 08:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahoy Captain,

I am touched by the goodwill of some of the candidates here towards you. Are you launching a ghost ship in this toughest of waters that only a seaworthy sail can withstand? If you are man enough to sail with us, then post according to the instructions as given above.Your name first, follow by your sail and then your selection L or S.

My father once told me, life is like a balance sheet, where you have assets and liabilities. If you let your liabilities get away from you, then you are at gutter level,on the other hand if you cut out the rubbish, you will have your pots of gold on your asset side.

I once knew of a captain, who is friendly, joyful and help ful. I don't see him around any more. I want him back not the cranky old bas..... we have around nowadays. How about that Captain, we know you can do that. They said if you hang around with the right type of people, you become one of them. We are all here to enjoy ourselves, why don't you have a go at it? You will find it enjoyable too. Next time when you decide to post, stay away from those RUM of yours for a while first or else if you decide to still post, put some funny gas into your rum first(lol).We all love you here with us as you can make a valuable contribution.

Elizabeth and I have discussed that an extension of a week won't hurt and it would be nice to have a few more capable ones joining us.Mook's entry in 2009 was last for a couple of months to finish 2nd at the end of the competition. Who knows, a rookie may take the first price for year 2010.
Barring an objection from one of the candidates here, we will extend the competition to the end of the week, ie the 17th January at midnight.So late comers, there is still time for you to lodge your nomination, if you haven't done so, please do.

Cheers,

Peter

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

archer
Username: archer

Post Number: 2144

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 08:41 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahhh but i know you too well to fall for that one(-;>

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 68

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 11:15 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannieT DYE long

I know it is too soon and that the Dec 2010 may not coincide with an important announcement but I can't resist your kind extension. I have been lurking for a number of years and enjoy the positive posts (put off by the egomania which happens).

To the point, I was heartened by Hershy's recent post and charts which you can view in short term. My chart here is rather pathetic but does show the long term trend.
dye

More importantly perhaps I am a believer. I know that is scorned upon in such a Forum but I can't help that. Having attended a number of AGM s I readily admit to being influenced and this company is showing success after some years of hard yards (not to mention the STA saga). This is the year! The world needs it.

Green is all the go for the grandchildren.

grannieT

peterloh

Post Number: 3539

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 11:28 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello grannie,

Well come. Your chart looks good, it looks like DYE is set to go somewhere soon.Now sit back and relax and let DYE does the work for you.I feel encouraged by the good will extended by the candidates here.

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4235

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 01:40 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the spirit of Goodwill and Adventure
I hope this entry does not put a spanner in the works

Captain Chaza SRZ L

SRZ

Salute and Gods' speed to all

NB: Disclaimer and By Nature of Disclosure
I am the proud owner of 80,000 SRZ shares

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 23

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 04:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter
thank you for the welcome
I thought I was entering MMX 8/1 after encouragement from Liz
When it didnt post/acknowledge I then went for GBG which i bought for .92 14/9 ,even posted twice
I see where I have posted and asked advice ,sorry.
Will open new thread in future

If everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

peterloh

Post Number: 3541

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 07:48 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello breaker, do you mind if we keep MMX for you? We do not want to set a precedent here where everyone keep changing their mind.Just to show you I have high opinion of MMX, I wade into the market today to buy a few more.I will open a thread for GBG tomorrow and give you my view for it,ok?

Captain, well come aboard. I am confident any sail from you will give a good account of itself.

Last year, the heaviest sail won, will Elizabeth's sail show the way this year or the smallest of craft put its claim?

Anymore experienced seadog or cabin crew like to test their skill against the proven and some unproven? If you have problem posting a chart, we will post it for you.

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 2976

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 07:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles
In the spirit of goodwill and camaraderie, Goodonya !

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

happysam
Username: happysam

Post Number: 19

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 - 09:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's been so good to see posts from several new members in the last couple of weeks and now I'm going put pressure on you "newbies"

.... mmmm .... the pressure is on

happysam NSX Long

She has to go back up, she just has to ..... or go under

nxs

breaker_1

Post Number: 27

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 06:18 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Peter
Look forward to your view

Winston Churchill

tates23
Username: tates23

Post Number: 9

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 12:23 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope its not to late!! Ill take MHC been very good to me of late and ill back Eggers to steer me to victory.

elisabeth

Post Number: 476

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 06:30 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happysam,
I assume you mean NXS as per your chart (not NSX as typed, ie Nexus Energy (which I own so I'm backing you, though I also own PDN - my pick...)

Tates23,
I assume long but please confirm.

We now have 21 starters - perhaps more will join us before Sunday night - what about you…..

Dug
Colin
Ivor
Eblode
Ody
Rudy
Cat Lady
MSparks
Justice
Ectoplasm
Balto
Mum
Dion78
Sumamura
Smithy
Bridog
Dennis Menace

- always dangerous to name people in case you leave someone out - I'm just looking at recent posts, so apologies if I’ve missed you, everyone is welcome.

Sunday night is the deadline!
Happy trading to all :-)
Elisabeth

breaker_1

Post Number: 32

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 07:06 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello!
MMX L

Winston Churchill

hershy

Post Number: 2983

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 07:08 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Libbie,
Quick, send out the search and rescue, I seem to be missing in action !!

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

sway
Username: sway

Post Number: 519

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 08:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me too! Sway GMG L (again)

Cheers
Sway

This is not a recommendation or advice. As they say .... DYOR.

tony
Username: tony

Post Number: 134

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 10:30 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tony, HZN, L.

HZN is going to have a positive PE in 2010. First time for more than 10 years. Oil price in general would be 20% higher in 2010 than 2009, if not higher. Re-rating could be possible.
HZN Weekly

happysam
Username: happysam

Post Number: 24

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 11:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

elisabeth wrote on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 07:30 pm:

I assume you mean NXS as per your chart (not NSX as typed, ie Nexus Energy (which I own so I'm backing you, though I also own PDN - my pick...)

Elisabeth, me done a dyslex :-)
I mean Nexus NXS per my chart
Glad I was typing here and not in a buy/sell broker screen. That would have been a serious oops.
Thanks for checking. I only joined this comp cos you put the pressure on. Why not, it's community spirit. Thanks for the pressure

elisabeth

Post Number: 477

Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 03:46 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, Hershy, Breaker, Sway, you're already in the comp as per list below - that list above is to try to persuade others to join in, and Tony, I left you out of that - apologies! Thank you for your entry, will add in tonight.

Tates 23, will put you in as L - let me know if different.

comp

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 333

Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 07:58 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon ELD L

Not out of the woods yet but increased activity and narrower ranges over the past few months may suggest that buyers are starting to meet the sellers.Also starting to look like some sort of a basing pattern emerging according to my bleary eyes.Thanks Elizabeth for your patience.

ken
Username: ken

Post Number: 605

Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 09:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ken, AXO, L

Reasons later - have a week of emails to catch up on

Regards,

Ken

fibonacci
Username: fibonacci

Post Number: 197

Friday, January 15, 2010 - 01:34 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fibonacci LNC L

Elizabeth & Peter,
I'm responding to your very positive attitudes about including as many contestants as possible. You must feel rewarded for your efforts.
Thank you both.

Peter I'll also take advantage of your offer to post a chart for me [I now use an iMac, which necessitated installing a virtual PC so that I can run Windows and thus IC. Unfortunately I am no longer able to post charts which is a big reason for my not posting in recent times. I installed "Parallels" to do the job which works well, except for posting charts.]

Back to my entry.

LINC ENERGY: Only chart info required is WEEKLY with Bollinger Bands. [20week&2xSD off SMA] and weekly Volume. "ORD" chart needed because of distortions caused by Boll Bands

LNC is presently enduring a prolonged SQUEEZE and a VOLATILITY BREAKOUT from that will probably be dramatic. Boll Bandwidth confirms.
Don't know which way but daily volume inspection shows that "UP" days, recently, have had far the stronger volume.
As well as that "shorts" cap their returns at 100% if the chosen one goes off the boards.

John

You've got to
know when to hold 'em
know when to fold 'em.

elisabeth

Post Number: 478

Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 09:23 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chart for LNC for John - let me know if not what you had in mind

LNC wkly

baysider
Username: baysider

Post Number: 279

Saturday, January 16, 2010 - 12:37 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Fibonacci

I too use a Mac with VM ware installed though on an old laptop I used Virtual PC. You should be able to use internet explorer on your virtual PC to access the web and therefore IC if you want to post charts. A little longwinded I agree but hopefully worthwhile.

Sorry for the off message post Elizabeth but want to help a forum member if possible in the new spirit of IC.

peterloh

Post Number: 3555

Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 11:54 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Elizabeth, and baysider for your timely tip.

A warm well come to fibonacci,ken, rockon and tony, I am sure we can learn something from your contribution.

For those that are still lurking, there is still an opportunity to show your skill and expertise in selecting a share that will not only do well but will stay the distance, that is to the end of the calender year.The dateline is 12 midnight tonight Australia Eastern State time. All you have to do is to state your user name, share code and either L or S. You can post the chart as you see it, or we can post it for you. If possible give your reasons for selecting the share..

If last year entries is any guide, I expect more than half will outperform the XAO ie 12 -14% expectation, with 80% in the positive. We have 3 that beat the market by over 100%. Last year we came off a very low base in which the XAO has an increase of about 50%. If we can duplicate last year result, it would be excellent result.

Good luck to all entrants.

Peter

redrover
Username: redrover

Post Number: 823

Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 05:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

elisabeth wrote on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 07:30 pm:

- always dangerous to name people in case you leave someone out - I'm just looking at recent posts, so apologies if I’ve missed you, everyone is welcome.

Hi Elisabeth, You missed me here but I see I'm in the list later on. Can you please confirm that I'm definitely in. Thanks.

stater
Username: stater

Post Number: 90

Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 06:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stater SUN L

Trust I made it in time.

SUN

fibonacci
Username: fibonacci

Post Number: 198

Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 08:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth … that's fine thank-you very much.

baysider … thank-you also. Will investigate.

John

You've got to
know when to hold 'em
know when to fold 'em.

elisabeth

Post Number: 479

Monday, January 18, 2010 - 04:00 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Redrover, definitely in - that list was of people not in and was hoping to encourage them to join.

Stater, welcome and yes absolutely in time.

Competition now closed - I'll post a final list this week for everyone to check.

Happy trading!
Elisabeth

elisabeth

Post Number: 480

Rating: 
Votes: 3

Monday, January 18, 2010 - 04:25 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Final entry list - please check start prices carefully - dates used are shown.

Good luck all
Elisabeth

comp

captain_chaza

Post Number: 4263

Rating: 

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 04:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dearest Elisabeth

Is it too late for me to Change My Tack?

Salute and Gods' speed

elisabeth

Post Number: 481

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - 05:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Captain Chaza,

I am but the scribe and don't make the rules - Peter has stated the final date as Jan 17th so I would say that will be it - a change would be unfair unless everyone has the opportunity to submit a revised entry.

Elisabeth

peterloh

Post Number: 3557

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 - 05:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Captain, I am sure the broker won't reverse your buy, once you have bought it, why push your luck?

bridog
Username: bridog

Post Number: 43

Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 10:48 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

Here is my unofficial entry, as I realise I'm miles too late as didn't see the thread until it closed.

AXM L (I have some)

Apex Minerals owns the Wiluna operating gold mine plus two other non operating gold projects.

Wiluna Operations
Stoping is occurring on 2 lodes, Calais and Henry 5
Development is occurring on 2 other lodes, East Lode North and Burgundy

Other Operations
Exploration is being carried out Calvert and Golden Age
Assessment is happening at Wilsons

Apex has had some operational issues over the past 6 months such as geo-technical problems at the Calais lode, non- availability of equipment resulting in an underground stockpile of ore, and issues with the BIOX treatment plant.

With all these problems Apex has still produced some 20,000 oz gold per qtr. This low production results in a cash cost of $1,000 - $1,100 per oz, meaning the operation is marginal at best. When such operational difficulties are overcome production should be 30,000 oz gold per qtr with a cash cost of around $750 oz. This will result in an operating profit of $13.5m per qtr or $54m annually nearly 50% of Apex market cap.

With the development mines coming on line (Burgundy and East Lode North) production should reach 35,000 oz per qtr with cash cost of $700. This will result of an operational profit of $70m annually or 60% of current market cap. Gold price of AU$1200 oz is assumed, but Apex is highly leveraged to the PoG with a $100 variation changing the bottom line by $12m.

Mine life on existing reserves is 2-3 years, however resources of 1.6m oz for Wiluna and 1.5m oz for the other two mine sites provide additional comfort.

All being well, the share price, currently 3.4/5c could conceivably reach 17.5 – 20c within 12 months, a nice fivefold increase. Interestingly there are 19 million partly paid shares with 20c owing so that party/s will be particularly interested in getting the share price up.

I hope some find this info interesting and even useful if not official.

Cheers

peterloh

Post Number: 3561

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 10:33 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello bridog,

Elizabeth has kindly agreed to keep tact of your entry against the other entrants.It is ashame that you missed out on the competition whilst you were on holidays.We did have a week extension just to accomodate the late comers.We look forward to your joining in the fund early next year.

cheers,

Peter

elisabeth

Post Number: 482

Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 04:59 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

January

elisabeth

Post Number: 483

Rating: 

Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 05:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And for those of us who like to analyse stuff :-) - scatter charts..

Jan 2010:

Here's what last year's comp looked like end Jan 2009:

And most of us lifted our game by year end and got above or closer to 0. The shape of the distribution stayed much the same but the range increased dramatically - Dec 2009:

peterloh

Post Number: 3570

Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 10:50 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well done, Elizabeth. I also like your chart analysis in comparing the 2 years.

ken

Post Number: 608

Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 12:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not a great long term selector, am I?

But in good company at the bottom of the table with Dolphin and the Captain.

In real life bought in yesterday at 28c.

peterloh

Post Number: 3572

Sunday, January 31, 2010 - 03:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ken, this is the Melbourne Cup, the marathon and not the sprint of the speedy squid.It is not easy to lead all the way. mook, whose selection of PBG was last in February and March came first in November and only lose out to a very good selection of sway in MCC by the end of the year. I hope you pick your selection to end up top on the 31st December, so I wouldn't pay too much attention to it now. Picking for the long term is more on the potential of the share and the ability of the selector to see the unrealised value now and to see the intrinsic value become known by the end of the year. A risk adverse person is likely to pick a defensive stock to finish near the top whilst a risk taker is likely to select a growth stock.It will be interesting to see how these shares are represented in their grouping eg. finance, material,property etc.

redrover

Post Number: 824

Rating: 

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 07:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, only one month gone by and I see I'm in my usual position already (trying for the wooden spoon)
dunce

Oh well, at least I can keep an eye on my main competitor

cpt

hershy

Post Number: 3072

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 08:04 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I read the news today, Oh Boy !

Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often.
The wise man, even when he holds his tongue, says more than the fool when he speaks

bridog
Username: bridog

Post Number: 48

Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 01:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AXM

Late with quarterly report and appendix 5B.

This is not good.

elisabeth

Post Number: 488

Friday, February 26, 2010 - 07:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

February status below.

Peter, groupings added as per your wish.

I like to see how the stocks track across time, others might also, so history will be added each month, space permitting.

comp

peterloh

Post Number: 3609

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 - 04:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elizabeth, thank you for the grouping.Banks and pharmaceutical / biotech are the best performers. Materials and energy seemed to be all over the place. Do you read anything else into it?

ken

Post Number: 618

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 07:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Think I jumped a few places in the comp today with AXO to merge with AGO - AXO is up 172%.

Unfortunately I don't hold.

Ken

peterloh

Post Number: 3622

Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 10:27 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well done, Ken. This is hard to beat.

Elizabeth, do we use AGO for Ken, adjusted 3 for one,once the merger has been completed?
Anyone has any suggestion on this as an equitable treatment, different from my approach? All views well come.

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 785

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 11:44 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, well done KEN...you can sit back and relax and watch your newly acquired share holding in AGO(well, as of May anyway)make 'paper' profit.

Peter, I guess thats the only thing we can do...transfer Ken's position to AGO but at DEC.31 entry price or March 10th price???? Another way, but less favourable to the rest of the fleet, would be to give credit for Ken's good fortune and allow his % gain in AXO and give him AGO to the finish line ...but only if the merger is agreed to at the May shareholders meeting.

This, of course will probably mean the rest of us will be fighting for the minor placings ha! ha! Not that I'm going to be affected with my BSL! Hey, Peter, great idea ...do you want to fund a merger of BSL with BHP 1 for 1?

Dolphin

(Message edited by gdd3 on March 12, 2010)

ken

Post Number: 619

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 01:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, Peterloh and gdd3,

I would have thought the final price of AXO would be the one to go with. Had I owned it I would have sold out before compulsory acquisition.

Have we had any other entries in long term comps that got taken over, to compare with?

Ken

peterloh

Post Number: 3625

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 02:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ken, I agree with dolphin's approach which is the same as mine.This would be more favourable to you currently and is probably the most equitable way. You prefer that AXO final price be treated as your final results? I haven't pre-empt this, but M&A activities are part and parcel of today's investment.

elisabeth

Post Number: 495

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 07:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Comp results for March with AXO as per the data dump. Is this what is agreed above?

PS: why does the forum restrict the width to 675 (such a squishy pic below) when there's all that space to the side? Maybe it's too late in the day for me :-)

comp

elisabeth

Post Number: 504

Friday, April 30, 2010 - 08:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow Boomer!! POH came up on a scan and made my shortlist on March 26 - if only.....!

Ken, massive number for you also! AXO started the year in the pink.

But it's only end of April and the market is skittish - interesting times....

comp

boomer
Username: boomer

Post Number: 83

Friday, April 30, 2010 - 10:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thx for the kind words Elisabeth ... it's only early days so I am not counting any chickens at this stage.

I nominated POH last year for the annual comp and it jumped out of the blocks at the start only to fall back heavily in the back half.

I hold in real life, so it's much more than a simple passive pick.

Admittedly POH is a speculative investment for me - with the emphasis on investment. I've had a well qualified person check out the results of their clinical data and the underlying science is statistically significant.

I've been tempted to trade this stock but resisted because they have so many "balls in the air" and whilst nothing is guaranteed - if only one of those comes home I will be a very happy chappy.

Cheers
Boomer

(Message edited by Boomer on April 30, 2010)

elisabeth

Post Number: 517

Tuesday, June 01, 2010 - 06:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

May - Boomer booming further

comp

elisabeth

Post Number: 523

Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 07:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

June..... Ken back in the lead (well done, especially considering -36 in Jan!!)

comp

And the scatter graph...

sc

We're only half way through the year - would be great if Hilarius returned with his "guess what the XAO will be on Dec 31" comp!

elisabeth

Post Number: 530

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 07:15 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

July

July

redrover

Post Number: 825

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 09:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

elisabeth wrote on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 07:54 pm:

We're only half way through the year - would be great if Hilarius returned with his "guess what the XAO will be on Dec 31" comp!

Is that an existing thread or are we hoping that Hilarius might start one ??

Anyway, I'm tipping it will be exactly the same as what it was five years ago. That is, on 30 December 2005 it was 4708, so therefore I'm tipping that at the end of 2010 it will be 4710 - plus or minus 10 points. }

elisabeth

Post Number: 537

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 06:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi RedR, re end of year (Christmas Eve I think it was) XAO value - if someone wants to start up a thread and put in a final date and the rules, I'm happy to track and report when I can as per Hilarius' great tracking in his RASCAL thread - well, I'll try - he did a great job!!

And to this comp as of yesterday, AXO and LGL both suspended - I hope I've done this right in inserting the final trading value? Great move with PRU Baysider!

Happy spring to all :-)

comp

redrover

Post Number: 826

Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 01:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"And to this comp as of yesterday, AXO and LGL both suspended - I hope I've done this right in inserting the final trading value?"

Well, subject to approval by the other competitors, I assume the logical thing to do is to change LGL to NCM, but we would need to devise some formula to take the conversion into account. Perhaps someone who is better at maths than me can show us how to do it ??

ken

Post Number: 685

Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 03:08 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Redrover,

I would like to put the view that the final traded price should be used in the comp. In practice I have never had my shares taken over - it's too long to have capital tied up while they finalise things. Also the acquirer usually has paid too much and it's performance suffers for a while. I always sell on market before it's final. What do other people do? I guess this is longer term than I usually trade and I'm not sure what I would do if I traded differently.

Ken

elisabeth

Post Number: 543

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 07:39 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice one Peter1!!

comp
history

RedRover, I'm but the scribe and would ask PeterLoh to make the call. That formula may be a challenge....

elisabeth

Post Number: 550

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 05:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

October

Oct

Oct

elisabeth

Post Number: 560

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 07:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

November

One month to go!

Peter 1, we'd have to pull something extraordinary out of the hat to get near to you, though there are a quite a few up there with excellent profits and it ain't over just yet.....

comp 2

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 462

Friday, December 31, 2010 - 11:28 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know if we're thinking of repeating this interesting comp for 2011, but in case we are, my selection is UTO.
u
I'm sticking with the Uranium theme since USA did so well for me in 2010, making money off it twice during the year. U308 lay dormant for months and then had a surge in the last quarter.

hershy

Post Number: 3242

Friday, December 31, 2010 - 05:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the tread continues into 2011 I wish to take part as well.
My selection is:

Hershy Long ARM

"It is highly unlikely God's plans for the universe include making you rich."

elisabeth

Post Number: 565

Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 06:03 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations Peter 1 – awesome! Congratulations also Jimmy and Hailoh in 2nd and 3rd places with Baysider a close 4th.

The top 9 stocks all had spikes to get them there, NXS heads the more steady investing type growth and Happysam deserves a gong for 36.9%.

Interesting that there doesn’t seem to be a favourable sector.

For those who like graphs, I’ve put in 2 scatters, one with Peter1’s skewsome! result removed to show the spread a little more clearly.

Happy New Year!

comp

comp 2

comp3 comp 4

hershy

Post Number: 3244

Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 06:53 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great job Libbie !
Thanks for the great effort.

elisabeth

Post Number: 568

Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 07:12 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very very nice to see you back posting young Hershy

hershy

Post Number: 3245

Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 07:34 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah Libbie, always one to make me feel good about myself.
Don't know about the "young" bit though having hit 65 last November. But I found that the more birthdays I have the longer I live.

How's the titanium ?
Are you at home or the farm ?

Trade well and prosper my lovely !
In case you missed it, here is a larger shot of my screen image but I must admit old Marty my dog looked much wiser than I do.

peterloh

Post Number: 3979

Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 09:11 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations to Peter1 Jimmyswell and Hailoh for picking such winners when the market has been done.Thank you Liz for keeping score and doing such a fantastic job.
In the actual scene, I have kept faith with PEM buying more when it was done, so much so that I have a handful of them today. Even a late effort by PEM was not able to save it from going down 11% for the year.Lets hope it has a better year in 2011.
My appreciation to dolphin who alerted me that the market was going side way, in the last few months in the last financial year I changed . It caused me to rethink my buy and hold strategy, as a result I focused on the short term for the rest of the year. It has brought me instant results. It shows that in trading, one has to be flexible. In an ordinary year, I managed to pull a rabbit out of the hat, in doing so I had to discard all my property trusts, retail shares which I bought in anticipation of an upswing, and instead focus on the small resources stocks which has brought me great satisfaction.
I wish all of you a great year in 2011 and may you have a flying start to the new year and the lunar year of the rabbit bring you prosperity.

boomer
Username: boomer

Post Number: 85

Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 06:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Elisabeth for tracking our progress throughout the year, it's much appreciated!

Congratulations Peter1, that's an awesome result.

Thank you to everyone who participated and may 2011 be kind to us all.

Cheers
Boomer

peter1
Username: peter1

Post Number: 242

Thursday, August 25, 2011 - 11:21 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Elisabeth. I don't visit very often and it was a nice surprise to see myself on top in 2010. I did profit very well from AVB during the year.

Apologies for bumping this old thread but I had to thank Elisabeth and the other competitors.

TSX Stocks 15-minute delayed

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Is there anything in this? ALSdennis_menace19 27-Aug-11  03:27 pm
TELdennis_menace27-Aug-11  02:45 pm
50% Fibonaccidennis_menace25-Aug-11  01:55 pm
TRY - Troy Resourcesdennis_menace24-Aug-11  01:53 pm
Green Stocksmsparks18 15-Aug-11  08:00 am
Annual IC Stockpickers' Challenge 2009 ... :-)ohkoolnutz77 05-Aug-11  06:03 pm