You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

MAP - Sydney airport is getting busy

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: long term & fundamental » MAP - Sydney airport is getting busy

««  Previous  Next  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 3565

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 01:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bought a few at $2.70 just to get some rights issue. The disappointment was I got very little, insignificant, peanuts allocation. The good thing is I bought a few more after. Then the good news came, MAP shot up to $3.10. Now, the retracement, so I bought a few more this morning too.

MAP came right back to the support level before the breakout, so I suppose it is a retest.

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

peterloh

Post Number: 3696

Friday, June 04, 2010 - 02:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sold out previously at $3 to see it went further north.
Now that it has retraced and reported a better profit, increased passengers and has 11c dividend build into its current SP of $2.84 ex 26th June, I think that it is value for me. Others may think they can get it cheaper tomorrow, good luck to them. Here's hoping and wishing with crossed fingers.

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

peterloh

Post Number: 3702

Friday, June 11, 2010 - 11:30 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Interesting times, big volume on MAP today.

peterloh

Post Number: 3703

Friday, June 11, 2010 - 04:46 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The above was done at 11.30pm before my renewal. This is the one that I see after renewing my subscription at 4.40pm. Notice the volume difference. All of a certain the chart has gone backwards.What is the problem? Can someone enlighten me?

Peter

moldy
Username: moldy

Post Number: 70

Friday, June 11, 2010 - 05:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I noticed this stock on the Aspect Huntley sheet today, their words - Recommendation: Avoid.
MAP does not own 100% of any operating asset and therefore does not have control of the operating cash flows. The distributions are unfranked. MAp is not recommended for
conservative investors.

Moldy

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 884

Friday, June 11, 2010 - 05:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

If you haven't already done so, either exit loaded I.C. program and 're-boot' but first try 'F2' key to get today's 'data'(hourly) updates. Your last chart above is simply as of yesterday's close and doesn't include any of today's updates.

I can't get 'order of sales' ATM but I'm assuming the huge opening incorporated the off-market transfer/cross(17.4mil) within Citicorp holdings prior to this morning's auction(@$2.82).

So your previous chart is 'closer to the mark'...

By the way, are you still holding MMX? I grabbed a few myself, fortuitously, yesterday on a 'Williams%R14' and price trend support 'whim'...looking only initially for a move towards the $2.15 resistance...but may be more after the pre-market announcement this am...."($50mil)High demand for (Crosslands) Offtake from Jack Hills".

Good trading Mate.

Dolphin

(Message edited by gdd3 on June 11, 2010)

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 627

Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 10:16 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter,

The chart says "Data Delayed > 8 Hours" which means that you are not activated with the premium service. Please contact support.

Regards,
Colin

peterloh

Post Number: 3705

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 10:56 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin/dophin,

This has been sorted out now, thank you.

Peter

peterloh

Post Number: 3706

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 11:24 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dolphin,

I still own MMX and have added a few more recently. I believe in the iron ore and coal story. Japan took 30 years after the second world war to complete their industrialisation, China will at least take the same time if not longer as China has a bigger population and is also a larger country.

Moldy,

Although MAP does not control 100% of Sydney airport, they may have the control of the cash flow. I am not certain about this.
As for non franking distribution, MAP is a trust and not a limited company.Trusts do not pay taxes.The way I look at MAP is, if I buy them now before the distribution go ex, and keep for 13 months, I will have 3 distributions. Even if the total of the 3 distributions add up to 30c, my investment is only $2.84 per share. My dividend yield is at least equal to 10% plus the capital growth bought at this level if any. Does this made sense to you? I manage my own fund, so MAP is a diversification in my portfolio of shares. By having this share in a sector that I have limited exposure, it has a negative correlation for me in my portfolio. MAP is suitable for my own portfolio, others will have to do their own research for the suitability of their own individual portfolio.

As MAP is a share to avoid by Huntly, what is their favour of the month?

Cheers,

Peter

moldy

Post Number: 71

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 01:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am not sure what they have as a favourite, Huntley's are connected with NAB, (I trade with NAB) I just put the code into their system and that is the recommendation that was on the top of the sheet, I can send it to you if you want.
One that has come up on their radar and is now of interest to me is NUF.

Moldy

peterloh

Post Number: 3710

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 02:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MAP is trading in a range and currently at the lower channel.
NUF is trending downwards, has this trend been broken, moldy?
For chartists, one to stay clear, however for a contrarian that has researched the share, anything can happen.

moldy

Post Number: 72

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 02:15 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In both cases you are absolutely right, I have simply put NUF on my watch list, in the Huntley report they give all the right reasons for this stock to turn around, it is now my job to watch for any positive turn around in price.

Moldy

Recommendation: Buy
Investment Rating
NUF is a major producer of crop protection products such as herbicides,
fungicides and pesticides, selling into all major world markets. It holds either the
number one or two position in each of its core products, implying relatively low
cost of sales. In FY09 a sharp profit fall following optimistic guidance, marred a
sound earnings record and damaged management credibility. Further
downgrades further undermined investor confidence. Growth should come from
astute brand and offshore business investments and from a customer
service-focused strategy that continues to win market share. Lack of sensitivity
to broader economic conditions, except in recent crisis conditions, adds to the
attraction. Sumitomo Chemical´s 20% investment in NUF endorses the quality
of NUF´s global distribution, and collaboration will broaden product portfolios
and add distribution in Asia. Sustained growth in food demand in industrialising
nations should underwrite long-term earnings growth.

peterloh

Post Number: 3716

Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 11:33 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MAP won't double its SP in a year, but it has been a reliable operator and a good swing trade.

peterloh

Post Number: 3721

Friday, June 18, 2010 - 02:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good news coming from MAP today.

MAp Group (MAP) reported, passenger numbers at their Sydney airport increased 9% in May on last year, with domestic traffic up 11% and international traffic up 4.5%.

peterloh

Post Number: 3725

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 01:18 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MAP is hugging the Bollinger Bands. Lets hope it continues here to the previous resistant level of $3.40. DYOR, passengers number up is a good sign.

peterloh

Post Number: 3728

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 10:57 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The reversal came after the distribution, reversing the gain. Yesterday's long kangaroo tail make it interesting as it is also right on support level. We see the bottom retested which is a good indication.

peterloh

Post Number: 3732

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 11:51 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It looks like the SP for MAP has stabilised for the time being and MACD histogram is turning up. I hope this one will turn up now, that the traffic flow into Sydney Airport has increased. I will invest the dividends now whilst is forth coming.

peterloh

Post Number: 3739

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 11:47 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It looks like the worm (MACD crossing) is turning up. Lets hope it continues to do so.

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 916

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 01:40 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi PeterLoh,

Yes agree with your MACD crossing observation and it is diverging. However, whilst that is a short-term positive T/A signal others T/A indicators are suggesting(at this stage) any immediate increase in price may be capped by the $2.85/$2.92 range. For me it then comes a question of 'risk/reward ratios'(but I'm more of a trader at present, right!).

So I see a mixed picture being sent by MAP's price action:-

Pro's:-
1)...Your MACD signal, but needs to get above the 0 line to confirm.
2)...the important $2.60(0.382% plus structural) support has held nicely...so far!

Con's:-
1)...all 3 major EMA's(10/30/150) have all turned down and in a -ve crossover....supporting any upside may be a bit of a struggle.
2)...if the $2.60 can't hold on a re-visit then that will confirm a H & S topping pattern confirmation in place with, well possible disasterous effects....$1.95/1.85.

Good luck with her anyway, Peter.

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S. Dropped half my LYC's this am at 64.5c as its right in the middle of my 63c-66c immediate target range I mentioned and now like you will add if she gets back on the next pullback.

peterloh

Post Number: 3740

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 02:25 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello dolphin,

Looking at chart strictly, I do agree with you from the prospective of a trader. From an investor point of view
MAP look attractive at this level.I just paid $1110 for a return trip to Malaysia. The freight is about $750, the rest goes to airport tax etc.The increase in low cost freight activities and increase in freight volume is a signal, there is more to come for MAP.The TIGER airline and other new airlines coming to australia will only mean one thing, an increase in business which can only be healthy for MAP.

The May and June hit mean not many of the shares in the XAO escape unaffected.

peterloh

Post Number: 3746

Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 07:52 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SP is now in the area dolphin suggested a range MAP may capped.As it has moved above several MAs, it may has a chance of moving pass the $3.05 recent high and continue on from there to the top of the new channel shown in dolphin's chart.MAP has strong fundamentals, the recent climb is reasonably strong as the 3 black candles was when the 11c dividends in MAP was excluded.

peterloh

Post Number: 3758

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 04:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I took notice of dolphin's comments, so a short term trade was in order. Took profit yesterday in view of the rounding top and MACD histogram.Will revisit some time in the future.
Need the money for somewhere as for the time being.

dennis_menace
Username: dennis_menace

Post Number: 1222

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 09:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

Do you think it is too soon to revisit?

Regards
David

peterloh

Post Number: 3766

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 12:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

David,

The trend is still there. If the market is buoyant, it may have quite a few percentage point in it yet. Just my thought.A few that came along for the ride with me is still in.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Retail Sectordennis_menace13-Oct-10  12:54 pm
VEC - Vector Resources Limiteddennis_menace03-Oct-10  11:44 am
GBEhailoh29-Sep-10  08:40 pm
TEN - Ten Network Holdings Limiteddennis_menace28-Sep-10  01:49 pm
GRY - Gryphon Minerals Limitedstickman19-Sep-10  12:05 pm
CCU - Cobar Consolidated Resources Limitedespresso19-Sep-10  12:35 am