You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

Spark Infrastrucute - SKI - CommSec F.A. Recommendation

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: long term & fundamental » Spark Infrastrucute - SKI - CommSec F.A. Recommendation

««  Previous  Next  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
muzza
Username: muzza

Post Number: 321

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 12:17 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello All,
I was catching up on some reading the other day, and a CommSec report on Spark Infrastructure caught my eye.

Given I knew nothing about the company I did a little bit of reading - its in areas that I currently favour, and seems to be being re-rated from an EPS perspective.

Here is the Weekly Chart:

SKI

The way I look at this is as follows:-

1. An underlying trend line that is upward sloping, that has been tested 5 times.

2. EMA 15 crossed and holding above EMA 30. Also Long term EMA 63 converging with the others.

3. Price action close to EMA 15, and closed above it last friday. This means we could enter economically or "safely" close to a long term EMA.

CommSec's F.A. suggests a price target of $1.60 - no timescale is indicated.

Lets say we could enter at around Friday's close of $1.285
with a the target of $1.60

A tight stop could be just below the EMA 30, say around $1.25. This also lines up closely with the High of the red candle on the 19/3

Using those parameters you get a Potential Reward to Risk ratio of 9, which is not too shabby.

But watch out for that double top at $1.435.

To if SKI reacts off that level, and you dont want to hang around for the $1.6 that CommSec reckons, then the Reward to Risk ratio drops to 4.29

Anyway, I dont hold, and am just looking at it. There might well be better value elsewhere.

regards
Muzza

msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 1235

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 09:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

great post there Muzza

"I have my own unique system "
"I manage to lose money in bull and in bear markets "

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 185

Rating: 

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 09:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings msparks,
Are you actually Buying shares anymore or has your 'system' actually sent you broke and you are now reduced to the lowest form of wit ie sarcasm?

msparks wrote on Monday, May 24, 2010 - 09:10 pm:

I have my own unique system "
"I manage to lose money in bull and in bear markets

Frankly,if your only 'contribution' is as an Outsider/Non Buyer?well it's pretty danged Irrelevant.
Why don't you just Buzz Off to MySpace or something if you want to Impress?
Maybe that's where CC is?Facebook etc.

msparks,you don't contribute.
only have 'amusement' value.
and even that is 'marginal'

the last 2 days shows a Reversal Pattern,Personally it don't 'excite' me to Buy but it could for the more faint hearted than Moi.
msparks it's not d'Forum fault that you thought Almonds were BIG.
How is Select Harvest going these days?

Yeah,it's me Dogalog/Citizen/Shane/dug and now jaded who has ya measure msparks.
Get ya Act together.Are you a Market Participant Really?
or still just something batty,A tarot Fool?

happy trading.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 3688

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 11:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MS,

Money rolling in through your shorts?

Peter

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

msparks

Post Number: 1237

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 11:47 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi PL

Just an example of using the MACD to define trend.

With the so called computer traders fiasco in US, euro, our own govt's stupidity, and no one even mentions the US debt and California anymore, it is all getting a bit too de ja vu .

I just don't understand how they can ask Germans to pay for the Greeks and call it a plan.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 606

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 11:51 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded,
Need I remind you that abusing other posters is not acceptable -- even when provoked.

MSparks,
If that was sarcasm, it is also a form of abuse. Conflicting opinions are welcome, but they are not much use when posted after the fact.

msparks

Post Number: 1238

Rating: 

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 01:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok
so abusing other posters is OK on this forum

Where is the sarcasm ? and provocation ?

Muzza did a good post, all i did was compliment his post which incorporated fundamental and technicals.

I posted a chart with a weekly and daily macd indicator.
The trend is down.
Will it recover - i don't know
Will it go down further - i don't know

When i look further at the original chart i just notice the trend line used to indicate a support level is not really valid. Often the close price gives a clearer picture of the trend line support levels.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 607

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 02:08 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

msparks,

If there was no intended sarcasm, both Jaded and I owe you an apology.

Your analysis shows how even a simple tool like MACD can be used to generate effective signals.

In your second post, did you mean to say that trendlines drawn on a weekly chart sometimes offer clearer signals than those drawn on a daily chart?

Regards,
Colin

muzza
Username: muzza

Post Number: 323

Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 12:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys,
I originally posted on Apr 25 and Mark responded approx one month later - unfortunately I have been a bit crook again and not been very active.

Reading this thread from top to bottom - from my perspective I see no sarcasm, real or implied - I read the post as a genuine "well done",.. "but here is some more info".

Actually, when I look at SKI, even when I originally posted MACD was below its signal (not that I am a particularly big fan of indicators these days).

My post was about "potential" and being on alert for an opportunity. To me, many posts (not all) tell about great entries after they were done. I find those of limited value, so when contributing I try to do it the way I'd like to receive it. No more no less.

In the case of SKI, over the days after I posted the market conditions changes quite a bit - the pattern in SKI broke down, I did not enter, and in fact closed many other positions.

Jaded/Dug/Dogalog - I enjoy your posts for the most, and often find both embedded wit and wisdom. Please continue to share as your insights, I particularly like what you write about resources and keenly read those ones.

Colin - Thanks for moderating in such a professional way across this, the very best of forums on trading. As I said, I don't feel that Marks post was anything other than a genuine well done with more info.

All - Live long and Prosper

Muzza

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
MUX Mungana Gold Mines - What is it going to be?peterloh17-Jun-10  02:30 pm
MTS - Metcashdennis_menace16-Jun-10  01:16 pm
BTV Batavia -A FE "Emerger"jaded03-May-10  09:47 am
Karoon Gasespresso22-Apr-10  10:54 pm
The chart of ABC tells a storypeterloh13-Apr-10  03:29 pm
TSE - Another unloved stockpeterloh13 24-Feb-10  04:20 pm
Earnings per sharemsparks15-Feb-10  07:32 pm
JBHbreaker_113-Jan-10  03:22 pm
Futuris FCLlucky_phil06-Jan-10  06:44 pm
Short on NHClucky_phil23 06-Jan-10  06:30 pm
2010 - Is a 19% Return Next Year Good Enough For You?peterloh11 03-Jan-10  07:39 pm
Dyesol DYEbaysider104 07-Dec-09  07:44 pm
SUN...Suncorp Metway Ltdgdd303-Dec-09  11:09 pm
WHE - Whitehorse Energyunununium17 12-Nov-09  04:41 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 00 01 02 03 04 05 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»