You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

VBA - Virgin Blue Holdings Limited

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: long term & fundamental » VBA - Virgin Blue Holdings Limited

««  Previous  Next  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
dennis_menace
Username: dennis_menace

Post Number: 1259

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 12:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just closed gap yesterday.

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 997

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 01:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, Dennis, VBA has indeed filled the gap...where do you favour it will go next...in your opinion? You can even include today's data to help sway your opinion!

Must admit, was just about to 'create' a new thread on VBA myself as the 'archive search' indicated that not much had been written here(I.C. Forum) since 2006 so thanks for beating me to it. I was wondering if any other I.C.ers where following VBA.

Have a few questions to ask you though:-

1)...Now that the gap has filled are you suggesting others should consider buying VBA now at present levels(46.5c)?

2)...Have you already bought, and if so at what level and why. What trigger signal do/did you use? If not in, why not?

3)...Where do you see VBA 'stalling' on this uprun and if resistance is found at what levels do you think would be a reasonable entry on a pullback?

FYO info. I'm in and have been for over a week now. For me, the attached 'media' release on the 26th August, just prior to open, was the first item to spark my interest. The resultant candle on 3x+ ave.21d daily volume and suggesting a possible double bottom could be in place was the real positive but I waited for confirmation to have a 'dabble' on the break of its very narrow trading band(28c-32.5c)on the 30th August when we had its 1st daily close above(33.5c). I then used a mixture of M/D and 30min charts to add to my position the next day(the large break-away candle day)aveaging now 36.5c. Personally, I'll 'flick-pass' some away at 48.5c if she gets there otherwise have a 5 point trailing stop.

application/pdf
vba..01091692.pdf (43.3 k)

Cheers
Dolphin

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 246

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 04:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

test

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 247

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 04:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bought VBA 2/9 @ 38 for 18% profit on pullback from long green candle

Resistance at 55 but strong volumes should get through this
my stop is at 38 break even

Did trade at 28c sell at 30 consolidation seemed to continue to long

Posted charts but am having trouble with IC

Cant post votes but I agree with Dolpin

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

dennis_menace

Post Number: 1260

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 08:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin,

Not one for forecasting sorry, that is a game for others to play. It just come up on my scan last night so I thought I would post it here. I don't think it is against the rules of the forum to post charts without having to write a story why I posted it..... After all members don't have to look at my posts if they are irritated by them!! I don't think one has to be a brain surgeon to interpret what they say generally.

So all the best with your purchase and may it reach "Blue Sky"

Regards
David

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 129

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 09:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It’s great that traders are posting charts, and I suppose one of the reason in doing so is to give anyone interested an opportunity to share knowledge.
Not everyone is familiar with Fibonacci extensions or retracement, or as a matter of fact many other technical analysis.
So were you are posting and not commenting it doesn’t really give it much credibility or an opportunity to share knowledge.
I to have purchased VBA however for different REASONS to yours yet the result is the same.
So in hindsight there’s no right or wrong it’s just knowledge on different methods of trading.
I for one am extremely interested in your postings and I assume there would be many other traders.

“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games.
26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed.
I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
Michael Jordan

espresso

Post Number: 130

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 09:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi David Et al,

It’s great that traders are posting charts, and I suppose one of the reason in doing that is to give anyone interested an opportunity to share knowledge.
Not everyone is familiar with Fibonacci extensions or retracement, or as a matter of fact many other technical analysis.
So were you are posting and not commenting it doesn’t really give it much credibility or an opportunity to share knowledge.
I to have purchased VBA however for different reasons to yours yet the result is the same.
So in hindsight there’s no right or wrong it’s just knowledge on different methods of trading.
I for one am extremely interested in your postings and I assume there would be many other traders.

Cheers
apologies for double post.

I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
Michael Jordan

dennis_menace

Post Number: 1263

Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 05:45 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Espresso,

Just a quick reminder I AM NOT A TRADER, I have said it many times recently I AM AN INVESTOR!!

Cheers
David

espresso

Post Number: 132

Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 08:37 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Giday David,
Thanks for letting me know, Im sorry no offence intended.
Cheers

Michael Jordan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
ROL, IFE and TRFjaded22-Oct-10  10:25 am
KZL stll going strongpeterloh116 21-Oct-10  10:36 pm
BTR - Twiggs money flow?colin_twiggs16-Oct-10  09:57 pm
CLV-Clover Corpjaded15-Oct-10  08:13 am
KRMpeterloh14-Oct-10  04:09 pm
MRE Return of Capitalpeterloh14-Oct-10  03:52 pm