Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
dennis_menace
Username: dennis_menace

Post Number: 1363

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 02:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This maybe of interest to someone here!!

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=MTE&E=ASX&N=231893

msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 1335

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 07:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not a good time to take pullback trades in this market but MTE hanging in there so far

"I have my own unique system "
"I manage to lose money in bull and in bear markets "

msparks

Post Number: 1355

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 07:01 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1435

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 11:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Msparks,

Nice call back on June 16th and I hope you didn't listen to your own advice(ref:.."not a good time to take pullback trades in this market") and picked up a few. Bit like me not following my "tools of trade" and reacting to the TAZ and W%R14 set-up buy signals over the last week in June as shown on my attached chart.

I'm actually only posting this here as a budding "TAZer" had only asked my opinion on MTE late Monday as a TAZ style trade and was responding to his PM when I saw your follow up posting. Anyway, hope you and others don't mind the "after event" posting but at least I have hinted what I would be looking for from here for another potential entry zone on any future near-term pullback.

Good luck with MTE if you are in; no "sell" signal yet!

Cheers
Dolphin}

msparks

Post Number: 1359

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 01:43 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin
I am trying to trade with the trend so i did not take the trade as the xao was in a down trend.

The stocks that hold up while the market is falling should be good picks when the trend turns up again.

The TAZ system seems to work a treat !

The trend is in the
"you can take a trade but use a 1 or 2 bar stop at the moment if you are a daredevil"

gdd3

Post Number: 1439

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 04:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MSparks again,

Yes, valid point, the "xao was in a down trend" at the time of my TAZ signals, and like you I have to make special "allowances" if I am going to consider taken a TAZ trade(or any other trade) when the major indices are down. However, ever now and then you come across a stock(or many) than "seem to be in their own world".

The question "in the now", compared to then(your chart of the XAO), is whether we have found a bottom of significance (remember, I'm a swing trader and am probably looking for short-timeframe stock exposure moves than yourself)and our XAO is starting a new trend(within the timeframe we are looking at here.)??? There is no doubt, technically, that your downtrend is now questioned. Whether it continues to make headway's from present levels(its first structural barrier shown in brown) or rally to the next sort of resistance in this run...38.3%, 50% or even 61.8% retracement levels that all seem to coincide with structural resistance as well), remains to be seen!

However, as long as the red support line isn't broken on a close basis then I'm confident we have a (tradeable)bottom in place.....time will tell, aye!

So whilst The TAZ system seems to work a treat !

Now you have mentioned another point I agree with..."The stocks that hold up while the market is falling should be good picks"...so do you have any in particular in mind? Not Telsta, please...ha! ha!

Cheers
Dolphin
}}

msparks

Post Number: 1360

Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 05:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oops ,I posted the wrong xao chart

msparks

Post Number: 1374

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 06:22 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

defying the market trend

trading new highs is one of the holy grails .....right !!!

gdd3

Post Number: 1449

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 11:16 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, definitely one that got away! I was hopeful of at least getting a short-term pullback to the mid 60's a week ago as per my posting above and now that she's gone all the way to the mid 80's I'm taking her of my watchlist(oh the pain).

I figure that MTE has reached near her highs for the run that first started back in mid-March(looks like we only have wave(v) of a Wave 5 sequence to go to end it...yes intraday charts would allow another leg up from here to test yesterday's high and may be a smidgeon higher)before she, at the very least, goes into a consolidation phase. Another reason is that yesterday's high also market the upper fork on my A.P. drawn so may be need to see a move all the way back to the lower fork before any meaningful support comes back in....therefore may get that mid 60's entry after all! First things first, though right!

gdd3

Post Number: 1450

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 12:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

....Or another way of seeing much the same thing...."toppy"? ...with again the likely pullback to the mid 60's a definite possibility(Fibo plus lower uptrend channel support.

Cheers
DOLPHIN

dennis_menace
Username: dennis_menace

Post Number: 1378

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - 10:21 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Closed at 92c today on rising volume - the dollar mark maybe taken out before the month is over.

gdd3

Post Number: 1464

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 12:26 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You may well be right, DM. Its been a very good month for MTE verses the rest of the market. Here's my updated AP chart that was originally posted on July 6th....I can only claim a "half right"(only got the "zig" of the zigzag or more correctly, MTE did a "flat" correction b4 moving higher)...and from a very bullish 23.6% retracement level to boot.

Good night as I ponder the one that got away!

Dolphin

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»