Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
shadetreetrader
Username: shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1156

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 12:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BVS may soon be added to the ASX 200 after being added to the ASX 300 back in the March 2018 re-balance.

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20181011/pdf/43z59trtt37jcx.pdf

BVS addition to ASX 200

Do not take my posts as stock recommendations or advice, do your own research.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1157

Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 07:06 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BVS, check out the massive volume in the previous chart that went through a few days before the March rebalance, when BVS was added to the ASX 300!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1188

Sunday, November 11, 2018 - 12:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BVS on a 175% pa linear regression line, up 10% since 13/10/18..

BVS 111118

The MA envelope is just there for a visual indication of the size of the bars & swings in % terms.

I'll be posting less frequently in future due to a new commitment & travel, so the stage is yours..

stage2uptrend
Username: stage2uptrend

Post Number: 5

Friday, March 15, 2019 - 08:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BVS is a super-performance growth stock making new highs over n periods. I currently hold BVS.

See attached weekly BVS chart with 10 and 26 period EMA lines. Note how the lines have not yet crossed down yet, hence the trade is still open.

dydavo
Username: dydavo

Post Number: 447

Friday, March 15, 2019 - 11:22 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good job. the ASX IT sector looks very strong and the stock could power on. Am long.

David
Momentum trading for a living.

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column are mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It should not be taken as advice.Any share discussion is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Shares might be sold without notice. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

stage2uptrend

Post Number: 6

Friday, March 15, 2019 - 03:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks dydavo.

XPJA, XEJA, XNJA, XIJA (ASX 200 Information Technology), XMJA, XJRA, XMMA, and XSOA are the leading sectors at present. These results were generated by using the Incredible Charts Mark Minervini full ASX scan.

I like to scan for 52-week highs over the past day every evening. It provides a clue where the market is heading, including leading sectors and stocks. Once we know who the leaders are, it is time to be a pig and partake.

The market tells us everything we need to know.

Holdings: AX1, ALU, BPT, BVS, JIN, NAN, NEA, NHC, PNV.

dydavo
Username: dydavo

Post Number: 448

Saturday, March 16, 2019 - 05:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

5/6 of those holdings are on my list of strong stocks to check every so often for new buy signals
Shared screen 103778

David
Momentum trading for a living.

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column are mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It should not be taken as advice.Any share discussion is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Shares might be sold without notice. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

stage2uptrend

Post Number: 7

Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 09:39 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The shared IC scan stock screen (103778) when modified to just cover the ASX 500 (XAO) brings up many super-performance growth stocks like BVS, ALU, APX, APT, IEL, JIN, CUV, IFM, PME, etc.

But it also brings up stage 4 phase bearish stocks like MYR, and FLC. Ideally I want my IC stock scans to eliminate the chance of me even seeing these extremely weak stocks.

My third favourite daily IC scan is looking for stocks trading at new 10-year highs over the last 50 trading days. For the ASX 500, 57 results are currently generated. These are stocks like BVS, ALU, ALX, JIN, IFM, CUV,and PME trading at or near blue-sky territory.

It does generally help super-performance growth stocks like BVS when the U.S. markets are rising. But it is less time consuming and more productive to ignore what the major world stock indexes are doing. Less irrelevant information more efficiently allows a growth investor to exclusively focus on their stock portfolio. I have a trailing stop loss in place for BVS. That is sufficient just in case the U.S. market significantly falls. Meanwhile it can be a boring process holding on to stocks going up for months or years. But is is very profitable which makes it worthwhile.

Most of my work goes into chart software stock chart searches looking for stocks like BVS breaking out to new highs. I need to be very aware of all strong stocks I currently don't own just in case one or more of my portfolio stocks fail and need to be replaced.

Current Holdings: AX1, ALU, BPT, BVS, JIN, NAN, NEA, NHC, PNV.

(Message edited by stage2uptrend on March 17, 2019)

stage2uptrend

Post Number: 8

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 - 08:44 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BVS is still trending up. I will continue to hold BVS until the trailing 4ATR stop loss is triggered.

Stop losses are both essential and imperfect. There is no ideal initial or trailing stop loss exit point. Some get you out too soon. Some are close to ideal. Some get you out too late. Depending on the volatility of the stock, I have found that 4ATR is the best compromise. IC charting software can be set to ATR (14). Then apply a 4 x multiple for displaying the line.

By setting a trailing stop loss too close, especially with strong longer-term stage 2 trend trades such as BVS, ALU, APT, APX, NAN, JIN, CUV, PNV, Z1P, and DDR, a trader will be prematurely stopped out and left behind after the stock resumes upward momentum.

My daily and weekly chart displays Guppy GMMA lines as default. When the shorter-term lines drop below the longer-term lines, the stock is close to being stopped out. If a stock gaps down below the 150-day EMA, it is immediately sold.

All of the market leading stocks are trading above rising 150 and 200-day EMA lines. These lines are default on my daily chart.

Current Holdings: ALU, BVS, IFM, JIN, NAN, NEA, PNV, SSM, Z1P.

scarlettsmith694
Username: scarlettsmith694

Post Number: 8

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 06:47 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can someone recommend a broker?
I'm interested in Australian lithium stock and I want long term investment, maybe reinvest dividends.

ScarlettSmith

pjf000
Username: pjf000

Post Number: 73

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 - 06:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

selfwealth.com.au for amounts over $9000 a trade
Saxo for amounts under $9000

Saxo can be better if you have $50k or more to trade with &/or want to trade other instruments

Buying a Tesla? Use this referral code for added benefits: phillip2363 or if buying online: http://ts.la/phillip2363

scarlettsmith694

Post Number: 9

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 01:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello @pjf000
Thanks for sharing the website and investment company.
This brand is universal so I think this will help for my investment.

ScarlettSmith

pjf000
Username: pjf000

Post Number: 74

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 01:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The beauty of ShareWealth is the maximum (and minimum) you will pay for a trade is $9.50 (GST inclusive), so if you are taking a position in an ETF or share for any amount whatsoever, the brokerage is only $9.50. eg a $100,000 buy/sell in BHP will only cost $9.50 whereas a $100,000 with Saxo will be anywhere from $55 to $110 depending on whether you want Chess or not and what level (determined by the amount invested) you are trading with.
With SW you get live trading included.

Buying a Tesla? Use this referral code for added benefits: phillip2363 or if buying online: http://ts.la/phillip2363

scarlettsmith694

Post Number: 23

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 03:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Bravura Limited (ASX: BVS) has announced the equity raising to enhance the balance sheet flexibility and additional capacity to invest in growth stocks.

ScarlettSmith

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
CXO - Is on the Lithium trial in NTscarlettsmith69427-May-19  08:18 pm
BGS - The untold storypeterloh11-Mar-19  09:24 pm
Gene Therapy Companies...peterloh27-Feb-19  12:29 am
4DS Memory Limited (4DS)spdfgh02-Feb-19  07:07 pm
Charter Hall Group CHCspdfgh31-Dec-18  07:10 pm
BWP Trust Ordinary Units FP (BWP)spdfgh08-Dec-18  09:28 am